Second Eggplant with 4 growing on it too
    One large enough to pick

WrjBc4.jpg

jHJEAx.jpg

2vu9wI.jpg
    ]
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    They have been covering the Train Crashing into Hoboken's NJ Transit Terminal there. It never stopped at the end of the line. 100+ Injured and the last I heard 1 dead.
    From Here:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/30/nyregion/new-jersey-transit-train-crash-hoboken.html
    HOBOKEN, N.J. — A commuter train crashed at a station in New Jersey during the Thursday morning rush, killing at least one person and injuring about 100 others, a number of them seriously, the authorities said.

“There are fatalities,” said a senior transportation official who did not want to be identified because he was not authorized to speak publicly. “There are a significant number of injuries. The train was going very fast. There are structural concerns about the facility.”
    “The first car was pretty well destroyed,” he said at the station. “The whole roof was caved in. The seats were broken.”
    The train went “over the bumper block, through the depot,” and came to rest at the wall right before the station’s waiting area, Mr. Larson told reporters during a segment that was broadcast on CNN
    “There were wires down, water pouring from the ceiling, the roof had collapsed and there was people climbing out of windows of the train,” he said.

They are still waiting to find out what happened, the news broadcast did not know if it was a mechanical problem, or a Medical problem with the engineer or what.

I have finalized my NS order this morning and it closes out at 6Pm today and has a ship date of the 30th so since it comes from the next state, usually under 24 hours from the ship date Saturday might be busy checking it in and putting the frozen away.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Yay for the sunchokes and eggplants....the sunchokes are pretty.
    Saw the news about the accident...that is terrible.
    Sleep well.
  • eku0
    Happy Friday.
    Off to zumba.
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Hi
    It was 58 Degrees This morning a largish change from yesterday. It was still comfortable walking however. I have walked 9K steps so far and 0 Cents. I took a chance and only took a folding umbrella along as there is rain in the weather forecast and the weather radar showed showed rain to the west. I did not need (use) it as it only drizzled a little bit on the final 1/3 of my walk.

I looked at my email and I see the confirmation email for my upcoming NS order.
    No tracking or indication that it has shipped, I sort of would like it not to come until next week to let me free up a bit more space in the basement freezer :)

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Yay for the sunchokes and eggplants....the sunchokes are pretty.
    Saw the news about the accident...that is terrible.
    Sleep well.

Hi Vix
    I was beginning to think the Sunchokes would never bloom, then suddenly they are covered in blooms putting pretty flowers in view of the street. Did You notice how tall they are, well above the Gutters.

They did recover what they are calling the event recorders, Same type of thing as the Black Boxes in Airplanes, Which FWIW are actually a Bright Orange :)
    Happy Friday.
    Off to zumba.

Have a Great Day and Upcoming weekend
    Roger
  • eku0
    Roger, the sunchokes looked magnificent! :) We have some red canna that just bloomed in the last week or so. It's nice to have some late bloomers.
    That was a really awful accident. It seems like a mechanical problem. It's good they have a way to figure it out.
    I got stuck in traffic yesterday on my way to my appt. We just sat on the road for about 20 minutes...never did see what the problem was. My rheumatologist said I'm doing really well without medication and to just keep doing what I'm doing, go back in 4 months. Alrighty then.
    Still drizzly and only a high of 61 expected here today. Going to do some housework, laundry, etc.
    Enjoy your day.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Roger- pretty sunchokes and nice crop of eggplant.
    I heard about the train crash over here,terrible.
    Vix- good news from the rheumatologist.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 58 Degrees this morning no real change from yesterday. It was comfortable walking however. I have walked 9.6K steps so far and 0 Cents. I took a folding umbrella along as there is a chance of rain in the weather forecast. However everything is drying up nicely despite the weather forecast. The day is still dreary looking and forecast to stay that way until into tomorrow.

I looked at my email and I see tracking number for my upcoming NS order.
    No tracking or indication that it has shipped would indicate to me that I should not expect to see it today which is fine by me :)

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger, the sunchokes looked magnificent! :) We have some red canna that just bloomed in the last week or so. It's nice to have some late bloomers.
    That was a really awful accident. It seems like a mechanical problem. It's good they have a way to figure it out.
    I got stuck in traffic yesterday on my way to my appt. We just sat on the road for about 20 minutes...never did see what the problem was. My rheumatologist said I'm doing really well without medication and to just keep doing what I'm doing, go back in 4 months. Alrighty then.
    Still drizzly and only a high of 61 expected here today. Going to do some housework, laundry, etc.
    Enjoy your day.

Hi Vix
    In a way I hope it was mechanical not a human caused accident.

True, late bloomers are nice, I am thinking about getting a couple of pots of Chrysanthemums for fall color too. They could go on either side of front step to the porch on the ends of the tread.

I hate that when it happens, stuck and then You never know why.

Today should be another dreary day :(

Congratulations on what the rheumatologist said.

Oh Boy, Housework :) I got my laundry done the other day and since I always have more than a weeks worth of clothes available afterwards I'm good for at least a week.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Roger- pretty sunchokes and nice crop of eggplant.
    I heard about the train crash over here,terrible.
    Vix- good news from the rheumatologist.

Hi Joanne
    My Brother is happy with the way the Eggplant have produced for him. Only two plants and they produced enough that he has given some to neighbors as well as some of the home made Eggplant Parm. I even have some vacuum sealed eggplant Parm in the basement freezer there is so much of it for later this year once the plants are finished by the weather.

As Vix said above, Nice to have fall color and here I was worried they would not bloom, Then once that is done the roots will be used which was why they were planted in the first place.
    From Here:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/231247/roasted-jerusalem-artichokes-or-sunchokes/
    r5oy0gnraa61.jpg
    Roasted Jerusalem Artichokes (or Sunchokes)
    "This is a super-easy way to cook these vegetables if you've never tried them before and by far my favorite. Jerusalem artichokes, or sunchokes, are starchy tubers like potatoes and turnips. When roasted, the skin becomes flaky and the flesh becomes tender, but the taste of a sunchoke is slightly nutty and sweet. Cooked sunchokes are best when eaten within 2 days. When raw, they store well in your fridge's vegetable bin, wrapped loosely in a paper towel. Enjoy!"

If I said they sound delicious...

Bad Crash and since the Terminal was damaged no knowing at this point how long before they can use it again, OTOH it is a huge terminal so they could conceivably use most of it once they stabilize the damaged part where the roof fell on the train car.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Raining again here. Always have lots of things to do around the house...the kind I keep putting off...haha. Maybe I can do some of those today.
    Happy Saturday!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    hi all just got back from vacation had a great time talk to you soon
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good evening
    The kids went back home today. We did get to spend most of the day with them.
  • eku0
    Irene! Nice to have you back. I knew you'd have a great vacation. :smiley:
    Jo, glad you got time to spend with the kids. :)
    It rained all day here. Didn't go to the Fall Fest, would have been very muddy and wet. Cleaned the bathrooms and put some stuff away. Other than that a pretty lazy day...reading, watching some football. I made some lentil soup yesterday, which is really nice for a chilly, rainy day.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Happy Sunday.
    Looks like it might have stopped raining, but still totally overcast.
    Have some errands to run today.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 58 Degrees this morning no change from yesterday. It was comfortable walking however. I only walked 5617 steps so far and One Shiny Quarter that was laying there. I took a folding umbrella along as there a chance of drizzle in the weather forecast. The day is dreary looking once again and it was misting. My Step count is low today as I gad a Bad Night, Yesterday I was well over my goal of 10K steps and the average for these two days will be over my goal so that is OK.

Despite not eating or drinking anything in common beyond Bottles of water Both my brother and I had rough nights with some of sort of stomach flux :( Quite likely we caught what I hope is a 24 hour stomach bug. We were both in the same places Yesterday, a close by sporting goods store is having a closing sale and it was jammed with cars circling the parking lot looking for a place to park, we got lucky as we turned in a car pulled out and we grabbed that spot. The checkout line was over a hour in length. Then on to the produce store for a couple of things my brother needed. I ended up with a lifetime guarantee Backpack at 20% off as my cheapo $10 one is going bad, rip in the bottom and and I had to repair the shoulder straps twice. Since it was by way of being a experiment to see if I would use one I think I got my moneys worth out of it.

I looked at my email and I see no tracking number for my upcoming NS order this morning.

FWIW It appears that the New Motor fuel tax increase will pass this time taking up from one of the lowest taxes to one of the highest :(

Have a Good Sunday
    Roge
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Raining again here. Always have lots of things to do around the house...the kind I keep putting off...haha. Maybe I can do some of those today.
    Happy Saturday!

Hi Vix
    I know what You mean I have been putting off getting down on my knees and scrubbing the kitchen floor :)
    Irene! Nice to have you back. I knew you'd have a great vacation. :smiley:
    Jo, glad you got time to spend with the kids. :)
    It rained all day here. Didn't go to the Fall Fest, would have been very muddy and wet. Cleaned the bathrooms and put some stuff away. Other than that a pretty lazy day...reading, watching some football. I made some lentil soup yesterday, which is really nice for a chilly, rainy day.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Beyond being a drizzly dreary day we did not really get the amount of rain we needed where I am.

I do not blame You for not going, walking around in rain and mud takes away any enjoyment.
    Homemade lentil Soup sounds delicious on a day like we both had.
    Good morning.
    Happy Sunday.
    Looks like it might have stopped raining, but still totally overcast.
    Have some errands to run today.

I suspect that today will be dreary as it looks like they are pulling back from the earlier clearing sometime in the morning weather forecast :(

Good Luck with Your Errands, and Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    hi all just got back from vacation had a great time talk to you soon

Hi Irene
    Welcome back from Vacation, I suspect You may be ambivalent about that as I hate for a vacation to end, OTOH it is good to be home :)

I hope Your knee treated You well.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening
    The kids went back home today. We did get to spend most of the day with them.

Hi Joanne
    Visiting with Family is always good.
    I found a VHS tape from 1989 with Christmas 1989 at my sisters with lots of family. I Captured it to the computer yesterday, Converted it and Authored it to DVD format. The only thing(s) left to do is Burn the DVDs and send one of them off to my sister for her to duplicate for her kids. I could also Create a ISO image of the DVD, Put that on a old 4Gb Thumb drive and include instruction on how to burn copies at her end. That Might ship easier too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hi Roger.
    Thumb drives are great. :) Hope you're feeling better. There does seem to be something going around. Make sure to stay hydrated.
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Hi
    It was 62 Degrees this morning a small change from yesterday. It was comfortable walking however. I walked 8626 steps so far and 1 Cent that was laying there a few blocks from home on the homeward leg. I took a folding umbrella along as there a chance of spotty showers according to the weather forecast. The day is dreary looking once again :(

I looked at my email and I still see no tracking number for my upcoming NS order this morning.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger