Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It is 48 degrees this morning a change to the warmer from yesterdays temperature. I went walking today for 5149 steps. As I was walking I felt well enough to a little further than I had originally planned to go which was a Boomerang visit for Coffee and back home. :)

Forecast today for the Upper 60s, warmer tomorrow, parts of NJ had a frost warning for the overnight Friday into Saturday morning. I did not see any frost Saturday morning, however it must have been cold enough to kill off the Zucchini plants as they looked wilted Saturday Morning.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I am happy to hear that you knee is feeling better and that you are sleeping better.
    Enjoy your walk by the lake. It must be so peaceful there.
    Vix-Busy weekend,enjoy. I have always wanted to see the Blue Angels. I am going Monday to get my flu shot.
    Roger-glad to hear that your knee is getting better.
    Have a great weekend.
    Good morning;
    It is supposed to get up into the 70's today. I plan on getting out and enjoying the day.
    Enjoy your day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I'm happy too, This means I can start walking again, I was getting Antsy sitting home doing nothing :)

Enjoy Your day
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning!
    The show was fun last night. It's supposed to be a beautiful day here too...up into the 70s. Great day for walking around the Harbor in Baltimore and seeing the ships and planes. :)
    Hope everyone is feeling well and gets to go out and enjoy this wonderful Fall day!
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It is 62 degrees this morning a decent change to the warmer from yesterdays temperature. I went walking today for 7419 steps. As I was walking I felt well enough to walk further than yesterday.

Forecast today for the upper 70s to 80. Warmer thru Wednesday

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    The show was fun last night. It's supposed to be a beautiful day here too...up into the 70s. Great day for walking around the Harbor in Baltimore and seeing the ships and planes. :)
    Hope everyone is feeling well and gets to go out and enjoy this wonderful Fall day!

Hi Vix
    I'm glad You had fun and did not overdo it, I tend towards doing that.

I had hoped to see Paris sooner or later, however after seeing this news article
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-14/scenes-apocalypse-mass-immigration-ruins-streets-france
    "Scenes From The Apocalypse" - Mass Immigration Ruins The Streets Of France

Oh well, the world will change whether we want it to or not.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Woman Vacuuming Gasoline Out Of Trunk Sparks Explosion
    http://1079ishot.com/woman-vacuuming-gasoline-out-of-trunk-sparks-explosion-video/
    A woman thought that it would be a great idea to just vacuum the gasoline out of her truck. Well, it turned out to be a TERRIBLE idea.

The woman is seen in surveillance video vacuuming the gasoline out of her trunk, but what she did not take into consideration was what could happen as a result of. An explosion.

The vacuum at the car wash was destroyed and will cost $500 to repair. Luckily, no one was injured here.

Let’s just hope this young lady learned a lesson her and NEVER decides to vacuum gasoline out of anything again.

Dumb Robber Alert :)
    Warren hotel clerk who grabbed gun, stopped robbery says he was doing his job
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/macomb-county/warren-hotel-clerk-who-grabbed-gun-stopped-robbery-says-he-was-doing-his-job
    Stunned hotel guests called 911 for help after a woman wearing a mask walked into the Victory Suites to demand cash.

But midnight desk clerk Alan Noel turned the tables on her. When she set the gun on the counter, Noel grabbed it.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, went to pt this morning a little sore now. Sue (pt) told me I am at about 80 % so hopefully it won't be long and I will be at 100 % I think today I might take Annie for a little walk as long as she doesn't pull I will be ok. I always get a flu shot but never get sick from them which I am happy to say .I do plan on getting one just not sure when. Roger great news on the knee taking a couple of days off seem to really help you. With my knee I have good days and then I have days it really hurts still taking pain pills, ice and heat i guess this is pretty normal well I am going to see about taking Annie for a walk take care
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    It is a beautiful day. I spent the morning running errands, getting a flu shot and then came home and baked an apple pie. I am now getting ready to go for a walk.
    Irene-I think you are doing great recovering from knee surgery.
    Roger-I don't think I want to visit Paris after seeing that clip. I wonder how that ladies trunk got gas in it?
    Vix-How was the air show and the ships? You had a great day for it.
  • eku0
    Hi all
    We didn't wait on line to see the ships,but we saw them from a distance. The lines were really long and barely moving. The air show was great. And the weather was perfect. :)
    Glad everyone is starting to feel better.
    Went swimming this a.m. and relaxing now. I didn't sleep well, so taking it slow today. Beautiful weather again today.
    Hope everyone has a chance to enjoy it. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Going to play with clay today.
    It's going to be warm out!
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It is 60 degrees this morning, a strange change from yesterdays temperature since today is forecast to be warmer. I went walking today for 9,392 steps. As I was walking I felt well enough to walk further than yesterday however I think I overdid it slightly as I was moving slow towards the end of the walk :)

Forecast today for the in the 80s. Warmer thru Wednesday

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, went to pt this morning a little sore now. Sue (pt) told me I am at about 80 % so hopefully it won't be long and I will be at 100 % I think today I might take Annie for a little walk as long as she doesn't pull I will be ok. I always get a flu shot but never get sick from them which I am happy to say .I do plan on getting one just not sure when. Roger great news on the knee taking a couple of days off seem to really help you. With my knee I have good days and then I have days it really hurts still taking pain pills, ice and heat i guess this is pretty normal well I am going to see about taking Annie for a walk take care
    Hi Irene
    That is good news, the 80% did the Sue say how much longer?

I never got sick from Flu shots, I did was sore where they did it however. Even at free I am not sure I see a need.

Good Luck with Your Knee and Enjoy Walking Annie
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    It is a beautiful day. I spent the morning running errands, getting a flu shot and then came home and baked an apple pie. I am now getting ready to go for a walk.
    Irene-I think you are doing great recovering from knee surgery.
    Roger-I don't think I want to visit Paris after seeing that clip. I wonder how that ladies trunk got gas in it?
    Vix-How was the air show and the ships? You had a great day for it.

Hi Joanne
    I wanted to see Paris and London and Rome, however with the way things are going with the refugees I don't think so anymore. There is plenty to see here in the US. Big Ben, the Eiffel Tower and the Coliseum will have to do with out me.

If I had to guess, Spillage for filling or a gas can being transported in the trunk that fell over, Just a guess however.

As for Apple Pie, these days I find that I am having a mild craving for Caramel Apple Pie with a Crumb topping, No calories there I am sure :( My problem with commercial made apple pies is so many of them the Apples are crunchy. I think I got to liking Soft apple fillings from my Grandmothers homemade where she used apples that she had canned which involves cooking them nicely.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi all
    We didn't wait on line to see the ships,but we saw them from a distance. The lines were really long and barely moving. The air show was great. And the weather was perfect. :)
    Glad everyone is starting to feel better.
    Went swimming this a.m. and relaxing now. I didn't sleep well, so taking it slow today. Beautiful weather again today.
    Hope everyone has a chance to enjoy it. :)
    Good morning.
    Going to play with clay today.
    It's going to be warm out!
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Vix
    I actually turned on the Living Room AC for a hour to cool it off last night. I suspect that today as it is supposed to be even warmer my Brother is somewhat sorry he pulled the AC from his window and stored it away after a thorough cleaning involving a partial dismantling where he said it really needed to be done too.

Barely moving lines are not good.

Hopefully not to warm today and tomorrow, However I did turn off the switch to the furnace just in case it wanted to run from the lower overnight temperatures. I wanted the house to cool off nicely.

I hope the swimming was enjoyable and that You have a good time at clay today.

I'm sorry Your sleep was poorly. Good Luck Tonight
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, George is home sick in bed I think it is the flu,so I took Annie for her morning walk we got in 5000 steps a little sore now she likes to pull in the morning actually I think it is me because I walk so slow now oh well ice always helps my knee. The weather here is warm when we walked this morning I walked in shorts and short shelve tee shirt . I always wanted to travel to Paris but not so much any more too many crazy people, Rome would be nice but for now the US sounds good. I did sleep with the ac on last night but the middle of the night I shut it off it got cold. Stay cool today .
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    We had rain early this morning, and it was overcast. The sun is shining now.
    Vix-I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.
    Irene-I hope George feels better soon.
    Roger-I don't like store bought apple pie for the same reason, apples too hard.
    I am going to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned this afternoon. The dentist cancelled the appt. I had before I went on vacation. When I got back I called and the earliest appt. they could give me was in March 2017. Luckily they had a cancellation and I get to go sooner.
    I hope you all are enjoying this nice weather.
  • RogerToo
    good morning, George is home sick in bed I think it is the flu,so I took Annie for her morning walk we got in 5000 steps a little sore now she likes to pull in the morning actually I think it is me because I walk so slow now oh well ice always helps my knee. The weather here is warm when we walked this morning I walked in shorts and short shelve tee shirt . I always wanted to travel to Paris but not so much any more too many crazy people, Rome would be nice but for now the US sounds good. I did sleep with the ac on last night but the middle of the night I shut it off it got cold. Stay cool today .
    Hi Irene
    So far so good, No heat or AC running :)
    I actually wore a light sweat shirt this morning and was OK in it. OTOH I started out around 6:20 well before the sun started warming things up.

I hope George gets well quickly, being sick is no fun.

FWIW I never walk that fast.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    We had rain early this morning, and it was overcast. The sun is shining now.
    Vix-I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.
    Irene-I hope George feels better soon.
    Roger-I don't like store bought apple pie for the same reason, apples too hard.
    I am going to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned this afternoon. The dentist cancelled the appt. I had before I went on vacation. When I got back I called and the earliest appt. they could give me was in March 2017. Luckily they had a cancellation and I get to go sooner.
    I hope you all are enjoying this nice weather.

Hi Joanne
    I would sort of like to see some rain, we are running in a level of drought here. Not severe to where they are doing restrictions of course.

I though maybe it was just me with the apple pies :)

Congratulations on getting in after a cancellation, I know You will be happier.

Yes I am enjoying the weather, Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    My mother made apple pies (and lemon merangue pies)...the closest I could get to her crust was vanilla cookie dough, but the apples were definitely soft and sweet. I miss having desserts!
    Irene, hope George is feeling better.
    Jo, good that there was a cancellation.
    Roger, glad your knee is doing better and you're enjoying the warm weather.
    I went to Rome when I was young (about 20). Have never been to Paris or London. I think they would be interesting, but the world seems to be more homogenous now, we see so much on the media. (And I really don't like traveling all that much anymore...used to love it!)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I used to like to travel too. Mostly by Car and some such as California By Jet.

It would be nice sometimes to have the old recipes, In my case my Grandmothers Baking was delicious. Sadly I am pretty sure they are lost.

If You ever decide to make an Apple Pie make Your own apples, the Canned Pie fillings are not that good.

The world is not what it was, that is for sure.

Here are the Theme songs form a couple of British Comedies that ran for years that I enjoy watching.
    Last of the Summer Wine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xhA5CbxuRI&list=RDaHtBUeXoyv4&index=4
    Dad's Army
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvr6X054xLY&index=6&list=RDaHtBUeXoyv4

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hi all.
    I've made apple pie a few times...I always used fresh apples. :) I rarely buy canned food other than beans, occasionally tomatoes.
    Last of the summer wine music is very soothing, the other one funny. I love music from that era.
    Hot here today. Went to body flow class this morning and had my house cleaned. I have an appointment for accupuncture this afternoon. Should be interesting....something new for me.
    Enjoy your day.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    I always use fresh apples when I make pies.
    Roger-After my mom passed, I inherited all her recipes. I gathered everyone's favorites and made a cookbook for all my sisters and nieces for Christmas one year. It has a picture of my Mom oee