Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, cold is just about gone , I even went for a walk with Annie today it was just around the block but it is more than I have done in a while don't want to push it too much but I do have almost 5000 steps in so that is ok . I already stripped the bed and washed all the sheets getting rid of all the germs or at least trying. Nothing really planned for today but do some light house work take care
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Today I am actually taking a day off from cleaning. I only have the breezeway and upstairs bathroom left to do. I am going shopping for a new dress. My nephew is getting married in Nov. Tonight I am going to Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns at the Boston Seaport and World Trade Center with my daughter. I am picking her up from work and we are going out to eat at Rosa Mexicana. I get a free meal for my birthday. It should be a fun night. I will try and post a few pictures tomorrow.
    Enjoy your day.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It is showing 46 degrees this morning and it was cloudy starting out, Then that turned into a drizzle followed by a light rain on the way back. OTOH there was a touch of snow in a news broadcast from up North o where I am so it could be worse, Probably not so good for the morning commute up that way. I walked today for 7,714 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 50s :(
    The chance of the first snow of the season in the northwest corner of the state forecast for today appears to have come true.

I should mention that the Dining Room table is 1/2 covered with Drying Sweet Potatoes from the garden, some of which got a little large at almost 2 pounds each. The last of the tomatoes are sitting there, Mainly green right now so I am hoping they turn ripe. Not much else to do with Cherry tomatoes that are green I suspect.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, cold is just about gone , I even went for a walk with Annie today it was just around the block but it is more than I have done in a while don't want to push it too much but I do have almost 5000 steps in so that is ok . I already stripped the bed and washed all the sheets getting rid of all the germs or at least trying. Nothing really planned for today but do some light house work take care

Hi Irene
    That sounds like good news, Yea!

Don't remind me, It is time for me to wash the bedding too :(:)

Enjoy the day
    Roger

P.S. Did You get out walking before the rain today?
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Today I am actually taking a day off from cleaning. I only have the breezeway and upstairs bathroom left to do. I am going shopping for a new dress. My nephew is getting married in Nov. Tonight I am going to Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns at the Boston Seaport and World Trade Center with my daughter. I am picking her up from work and we are going out to eat at Rosa Mexicana. I get a free meal for my birthday. It should be a fun night. I will try and post a few pictures tomorrow.
    Enjoy your day.

Hi Joanne
    Do Breezeways really need cleaning? I thought they were a roofed in area open at the ends to the outside.

I should look into a free Birthday meal as mine is coming up in a little while. After all, why not, free is a good price. OTOH I might feel guilty eating a free meal somewhere I don't patronize. Unless a part of the reason for it is to try and attract new customers after they sample the cuisine, Decisions, Decisions :)

That is a new one to me, the Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns.

Happy Birthday, Enjoy Your day off from housework
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, I went to pt this morning a little sore since it is a week since I have been there,came home and scrubbed the kitchen floor it sure needed it . Now I need to tackle the bathroom not sure if I will do it today or not. It is raining here but I am not complaining it could of been snow. Jo that sounds like fun enjoy your night out with your daughter.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Kind of busy today. Sounds like you're all doing a lot of cleaning!
    Hung my latest painting at the Sr. Center today. Went to a dermatologist for a skin check (all is well). Made chicken and roasted veggies for dinner.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Vix your chicken and veggies sound good how did you make them? Well I did scrub the bathroom also yesterday it looks so much nicer now . I love it when my house is clean. I can tell I worked yesterday knee is sore this morning not sure if it has to do with pt or scrubbing maybe a little of both. Today just plan on a trip to shoprite I go on Fridays out of habit from when I worked. It rained here all day yesterday now I have all these leaves that need to be raked maybe after they dry out a little.
  • Joanne3366
    Here are a few pictures from last night.osugqznqcdkm.jpg
    lkqmvbofflgy.jpg
    sbg1nawnh5zh.jpg
    z9pgwwcurxbw.jpg
    wgi1sb8ptl83.jpg
    ujtadiu4cj4z.jpg
    egv1oxt6uotr.jpg
  • IreneMurman
    jo so cool looking
  • RogerToo
    good morning, I went to pt this morning a little sore since it is a week since I have been there,came home and scrubbed the kitchen floor it sure needed it . Now I need to tackle the bathroom not sure if I will do it today or not. It is raining here but I am not complaining it could of been snow. Jo that sounds like fun enjoy your night out with your daughter.

Hi Irene
    I dread having to get down and kneel while scrubbing the kitchen floor, You are a better person for doing that than I.

Other than a little sore, how is the knee doing now?
    good morning, Vix your chicken and veggies sound good how did you make them? Well I did scrub the bathroom also yesterday it looks so much nicer now . I love it when my house is clean. I can tell I worked yesterday knee is sore this morning not sure if it has to do with pt or scrubbing maybe a little of both. Today just plan on a trip to shoprite I go on Fridays out of habit from when I worked. It rained here all day yesterday now I have all these leaves that need to be raked maybe after they dry out a little.

That reminds me, I need to squirt the Toilet Bowl cleaner into it so I can clean it.

I suspect that You are feeling a combination of both.

We had more of a drizzle here, from the Thursday weather radar it appeared that the Rain was both north and south of us where I am in NJ. That seems to happen fairly often too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Kind of busy today. Sounds like you're all doing a lot of cleaning!
    Hung my latest painting at the Sr. Center today. Went to a dermatologist for a skin check (all is well). Made chicken and roasted veggies for dinner.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Congratulations on staying busy and having a new painting hanging.

Good News regarding the skin check too.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    Here are a few pictures from last night.
    Hi Joanne
    Thank You for the pictures, You seem to have had a good time too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning
    Cool pictures, Jo, looks like you had a fun night. :)
    Irene, probably the scrubbing....I don't do that anymore. But, a clean house is wonderful. :)
    Hi Roger. I'm with you, I stopped that long ago, except for the corners.
    Went to zumba this morning and have my massage today instead of last Monday. That'll be nice.
    Cool, sunny day here, pretty.
    Enjoy.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I have to agree a clean house is nice too.

Today looks so much better than yesterday, like night & day :)

Enjoy You Zumba & Massage today
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Roger-My breezeway is enclosed and heated. I have my washer, dryer, trash compactor and cat box out there.
    We did have fun at the Jack O Lantern festival. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the ride home. I don't usually drive at night and it was also raining.
    Vix-Good news on the skin check.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It is showing 40 degrees this morning, I walked today for 9,666 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 60s.
    f16pql.gif

RlOK1Z.gif
    About how I feel when I look at the news as I reach for the Mute or skip button on the remote
    Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning;
    Roger-My breezeway is enclosed and heated. I have my washer, dryer, trash compactor and cat box out there.
    We did have fun at the Jack O Lantern festival. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the ride home. I don't usually drive at night and it was also raining.
    Vix-Good news on the skin check.

Hi Joanne
    It would have to be heated with the washer out there :)

How do You like the trash Compactor?
    I had thought about getting one and then had second thoughts, why bother when You can get by with one trash bag per garbage pickup cycle as is.

I was never all that happy driving at night in the rain either and I drove for a living :)

Have a Nice Saturday
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning, Roger for the cleaning I used a mop I can't get down on my knees yet so I just scrubbed using a mop and I have to say it does look good. Jo I don't drive at night I try and stay home not good at driving at night. Vix how does your picture look hanging? Glad everything checked out good at the skin dr. Woke up all stuffed up again so I made sure I took my vitamin c .
  • eku0
    edited October 2016
    Good morning.
    Roger...haha...love it, hi-deaf! I'm there.
    Jo, I don't like driving at night in the rain either. It's good having the washer/dryer on the first floor. I always thought it would be nice to have a breezeway between the garage and the house. Keep it more separate.
    Irene, I'm with you on the cleaning. Hope the vitamin C helps. The picture looks pretty good now that I framed and hung it.
    It's sunny and supposed to warm up today. We're going out to a farm-to-table restaurant tonight, it's supposed to be really good. Should be fun.
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It is showing 60 degrees this morning quite a bit warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 8,871 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 60s. No sunshine yet either.

Yesterday while walking I had a Deer running around on the street ahead of me for part of my walk. It would run ahead, freeze in place until I got to close and run again :) Then a little further on I saw the Blue Heron standing motionless in the brook waiting for it's breakfast to swim past.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Good morning, Roger for the cleaning I used a mop I can't get down on my knees yet so I just scrubbed using a mop and I have to say it does look good. Jo I don't drive at night I try and stay home not good at driving at night. Vix how does your picture look hanging? Glad everything checked out good at the skin dr. Woke up all stuffed up again so I made sure I took my vitamin c .

Hi Irene
    I'm sorry that You are feeling poorly again, I take a Vitamin C, A Multi-Vitamin and a Combo Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium Before dinner every night. I previously took them in the morning with Breakfast, Then I decided to try them in the evening so that they would be closer to when I went walking in the morning :)
    I do not really see much difference either way FWIW.

I was thinking about scrubbing the floor and then decided to heck with it. I am taking some of it out each day currently so as to get down to the sub-floor for two reasons. One is to be able to screw the sub-floor down better to remove the squeaks :) and we decided we wanted a light floor to brighten the kitchen up instead of the dark browns installed currently. Undecided as to Tile or prefinished hardwood which would be easier to install. Or one of the tiles that looks like wood.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Roger...haha...love it, hi-deaf! I'm there.
    Jo, I don't like driving at night in the rain either. It's good having the washer/dryer on the first floor. I always thought it would be nice to have a breezeway between the garage and the house. Keep it more separate.
    Irene, I'm with you on the cleaning. Hope the vitamin C helps. The picture looks pretty good now that I framed and hung it.
    It's sunny and supposed to warm up today. We're going out to a farm-to-table restaurant tonight, it's supposed to be really good. Should be fun.
    Have a great day. :)
    Hi Vix
    I'm so tired of he said, she said.....
    Our washer is sort of on the first floor, Actually it is a part of the house that is a two steps down off of the Dining Room that has a door to the back yard in it. It can be used as a ersatz cold room in the winter as it is the coolest room in the house :)

I hope You had a nice meal. I agree I went out walking to the store for produce yesterday and I was overdressed it was so warm. I suspect I should have gone back inside and changed to lighter instead of continuing on.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger