Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    hi all,our walk this morning was great nice and cool almost like fallI did get my 10,000 steps in but it took me up to lunch time to do it.I do my shopping on fridays now it is less crowded take care all think I will go and have a salad
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Good Evening;
    Roger-good luck spotting the owl. They blend into the scenery very well.
    The only animal I have spotted lately is a cat that keeps wondering into our yard to sit under the birdfeeders. I think he is hoping to catch a bird.
    Hi Irene and Vix.
    Wishing everyone a great weekend. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,112 Member
    Options
    Good morning....looks like another beautiful day.
    We have a robin that comes and says good morning every day...sits in a close by little tree and chirps at me while I say good morning. And there is a little green hummingbird that likes our flowers.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I Walked past the Supermarket and wore my $10 Backpack so I could do some light shopping, 10 Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, They had Strawberry Cheesecake flavor and Boston Creme Pie and Passion Fruit. 5 Bananas and a couple of Crystal Light and 2 cans of Coconut water @30 calories (Impulse Buy) :) Before I left I pulled the Frozen Water bottle out of the freezer, wrapped it in a Bath Towel and used it to ensure the Yogurt stayed cool. 2.89 miles + whatever distance I did walking around the Grocery Store. It would be nice if they had fruits and dairy adjacent instead of at opposite ends of the store, I know why they do that to encourage Impulse Buys.

A beautiful Morning out, in the 60s with low humidity and still only 69 degrees when I finally got home 2.5 hours later. I weighed the Backpack @ 9.5 pounds and It sure impacted my speed walking. I could not believe I used to carry a lot more than that in excess weight :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    hi all,our walk this morning was great nice and cool almost like fallI did get my 10,000 steps in but it took me up to lunch time to do it.I do my shopping on fridays now it is less crowded take care all think I will go and have a salad

Hi Irene
    The last two mornings were fabulous out for walking :) Walking and not sweating, great! I am up to 9921 steps currently.

BTW My Brother avoids shopping on Mondays, he feels that they are still in the process on Monday of restocking from the weekends shopping crowd.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning....looks like another beautiful day.
    We have a robin that comes and says good morning every day...sits in a close by little tree and chirps at me while I say good morning. And there is a little green hummingbird that likes our flowers.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday. :)

Hi Vix
    Around here I try and stock up when they are on sale at 10 for $10 or the 3 flavor 18 packs ate Costco where they are even cheaper. Is that the Cherry Chocolate flavor that reminds me of the Cherry Filled Chocolate Candy?
    I found the Strawberry Cheesecake flavor, Boston Creme Pie and a Raspberry Chocolate and Passion Fruit flavors this morning. I am not afraid to go to the Supermarket on Weekends, I just make sure to get there at 8AM before the crowds start to show up.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, the one I got is plain cherry. My store has 4 packs for $3.69....but they only have a few flavors: cherry, strawberry cheesecake, vanilla, and I think peach. I got the strawberry cheesecake last time. It's good. :) (I don't think you have Food Lion in NJ).
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, I got my 1 hr of walk in it was so nice out loving this weather so I got in7,606 steps in off to a good start. We had a great weekend we were able to take annie to the lake each day.I need to start looking for these flavors I usally go for bananna creme or the lemon pie yogurtI also like the bostom creme well gotta go to work talk to you soon
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Another beautiful morning, and it looks like the whole week will be great weather. Yay.
    Nothing planned for today. I'm going to get back to doing my PT exercises and maybe plan to get back to the gym next week. Need to be more careful with my eating again. I've been going off and it shows right away! It'll probably be easier when I get back to my normal routine.
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    It is drizzling and very humid. I have to go to the dentist this morning and plan on walking there. I will probably be a soggy mess when I get there.
    Roger-The store did its job. :) I have tried coconut water and do not like it. I hope you enjoy it.
    Irene-Glad you had a good weekend. :)
    Vix-If you are having nice weather this week, I hope it is coming our way. We have had rain for the last 3 days.
    How is your ankle? Is it still swelling?
    I am off today and am house cleaning and I have to return a few things at 2 different stores.
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    When I went out the Door it was looking clear, by the time I left the post office I was starting to see fog, By the time I got home You could barely see the end of the block. That fog & humidity made for a somewhat uncomfortable walk. During the Walk I saw two Deer run out of a front yard in a house across from one of our Elementary Schools.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
    Roger, the one I got is plain cherry. My store has 4 packs for $3.69....but they only have a few flavors: cherry, strawberry cheesecake, vanilla, and I think peach. I got the strawberry cheesecake last time. It's good. :) (I don't think you have Food Lion in NJ).

Hi Vix
    We may have a Food Lion somewhere, However I have never seen one so I doubt it. Back in the 80s and 90s I covered a lot of the state while working.

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning, I got my 1 hr of walk in it was so nice out loving this weather so I got in7,606 steps in off to a good start. We had a great weekend we were able to take annie to the lake each day.I need to start looking for these flavors I usally go for bananna creme or the lemon pie yogurtI also like the bostom creme well gotta go to work talk to you soon

Hi Irene
    I got the Last batch of Dannon L&F Greek Yogurts at Pathmark, I find that ShopRite has different flavors so I go there too.

Congratulations on getting in Your walking.
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    It is drizzling and very humid. I have to go to the dentist this morning and plan on walking there. I will probably be a soggy mess when I get there.
    Roger-The store did its job. :) I have tried coconut water and do not like it. I hope you enjoy it.
    Irene-Glad you had a good weekend. :)
    Vix-If you are having nice weather this week, I hope it is coming our way. We have had rain for the last 3 days.
    How is your ankle? Is it still swelling?
    I am off today and am house cleaning and I have to return a few things at 2 different stores.

Hi Joanne
    It seemed Humid this morning here too. At the risk of sounding unkind, Better You than me with the Dentist :)
    I guess I will find out about the Coconut Water in the near future.

I need to go tinker with my Days PF + SC Snack or change the Dinner Entree or both , the days Calories are running higher than I like.

We got lucky with rain and avoided it. Maybe some tonight into Tuesday, we will see.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Actually, it was nice this morning, but has gotten hot and humid. Oh well. Sun is shining. :)
    Good luck with the dentist, Jo. My ankle is still swelling and I have sort of a hard lump under the length of the incision. My massage therapist thought it might be scar tissue forming, so I'm massaging it a little every day to try to keep it down. I did my PT exercises this morning, and even that was a little painful. Hopefully if I do them all week my body will ease up a bit.
    Our weather is supposed to be in the low 80s and sunny through Friday, would love to share the nice weather with you all, will try to blow it up your way. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well it was warmer on our walk today, I want the cooler weather back! but I did get my walk in so that is good.feeling tired today hope my energy picks in soon. Vix hope your ankle starts to feel better well need to go to work have a great day
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Irene, have a good day. :)
    They delivered some drywall for our basement early this morning. Sun is shining, letting the breeze in from the deck, sipping coffee. Nice :)
    Looking forward to clay class, excited to see how my birdhouse looks when it comes out of the kiln. :)
    Enjoy your day.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I got out and walked 3 miles and 14 cents, I did not realize it was that far until I ran the route through Mp My Run.
    While walking on a bridge over one of our Brooks I looked at the water and there was something moving through it, As It got nearer it turned out to be a Turtle with a shell the size of a dinner plate :)

Fairly warm and Humid today too
    I delayed my order Sunday, I had been uncertain whether to do that or not until I looked at it an d it was showing the Granola cereal as Low inventory, Rather than take a change I delayed an extra week. At that Point I had a four week supply of Shelf Stable on hand so it should be no problem.

I am working on capturing an old 1982 VHS of a HBO Special that I am sure will not surface anywhere again. Yesterday I captured a VHS of a 1980 HBO Special and am getting ready to turn that into a DVD and Back up the source of Both to a BluRay Disc once today's is captured.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
    Actually, it was nice this morning, but has gotten hot and humid. Oh well. Sun is shining. :)
    Good luck with the dentist, Jo. My ankle is still swelling and I have sort of a hard lump under the length of the incision. My massage therapist thought it might be scar tissue forming, so I'm massaging it a little every day to try to keep it down. I did my PT exercises this morning, and even that was a little painful. Hopefully if I do them all week my body will ease up a bit.
    Our weather is supposed to be in the low 80s and sunny through Friday, would love to share the nice weather with you all, will try to blow it up your way. :)

Hi Vix
    Yesterday was OK here, Today is humid :)

Good Luck with the Ankle
    Roger
    good morning, well it was warmer on our walk today, I want the cooler weather back! but I did get my walk in so that is good.feeling tired today hope my energy picks in soon. Vix hope your ankle starts to feel better well need to go to work have a great day

Hi Irene
    I would like drier and cooler weather back too, OTOH later on this year we may be looking for warmer weather to return :)

Have a Good day at work
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Irene, have a good day. :)
    They delivered some drywall for our basement early this morning. Sun is shining, letting the breeze in from the deck, sipping coffee. Nice :)
    Looking forward to clay class, excited to see how my birdhouse looks when it comes out of the kiln. :)
    Enjoy your day.

Hi Vix
    Is it a Mold Resistant DryWall? Even a basement that seems dry can be somewhat humid.

Will we be seeing pictures of the BirdHouse?
    Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    No cavities! :)
    Roger-on my way to the dentist yesterday I saw about 15 turkeys of varying sizes in a yard about 3 houses down from mine. I have only seen 1 turkey in the 30 years I have lived here. He flew over the fence into our yard and then flew over our fence into the neighbors yard.
    Vix-Are you going to hang the birdhouse outside? What color are you painting it?
    Irene-you are doing great getting your walks in every day.
    My hubby bought me a new fitbit. It is the one that you wear on your wrist. It keeps track of your steps, heart rate,calories burned and how you sleep. So far today I have done 12,490 steps(and that is only from walking at work). I plan on giving my old fitbit to my son.
    Laundry is calling. Have a great evening. :)

• eku0
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My birdhouse: :smiley:
    d60f05cabdfde5b05daad820a305c30b25fb.jpg
    d60f0028309644f6b9c80ade90c7a0f55f44.jpg

• IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning my walk today was really nice love love this weather it is so nice walking in it. I have been having a back acke last couple of days but yesterday it got really bad hope today is better. Jo glad you had a good visit with the densist. well need to go take care
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    love the bird house
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    No Walk today and apparently the weather is really good too. I Am feeling poorly and can not stray far from the Kleenex Box. Either I have caught something or the Ragweed Pollen is getting to me for the first time ever.

Wish Me Luck shaking this thing
    Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon;
    No cavities! :)
    Roger-on my way to the dentist yesterday I saw about 15 turkeys of varying sizes in a yard about 3 houses down from mine. I have only seen 1 turkey in the 30 years I have lived here. He flew over the fence into our yard and then flew over our fence into the neighbors yard.
    Vix-Are you going to hang the birdhouse outside? What color are you painting it?
    Irene-you are doing great getting your walks in every day.
    My hubby bought me a new fitbit. It is the one that you wear on your wrist. It keeps track of your steps, heart rate,calories burned and how you sleep. So far today I have done 12,490 steps(and that is only from walking at work). I plan on giving my old fitbit to my son.
    Laundry is calling. Have a great evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Be Careful around those Turkeys, If You hit one while driving You and Your car will both be unhappy. 15 Turkeys is a decent size flock and be careful around them, they can do damage to You or Your Dog.

Good News on regarding the war on Cavities :)

Exactly the best way to get rid of used electronics, Pass them on to someone that can use them.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    My birdhouse: :smiley:
    d60f05cabdfde5b05daad820a305c30b25fb.jpg
    d60f0028309644f6b9c80ade90c7a0f55f44.jpg

Hi Vix
    What a Great Job You did and it is so pretty. It almost seems a shame to put it outside in the weather.

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning my walk today was really nice love love this weather it is so nice walking in it. I have been having a back acke last couple of days but yesterday it got really bad hope today is better. Jo glad you had a good visit with the densist. well need to go take care

Hi Irene
    When working, Do You use a Lift Belt? They do seem to help. I had one job where they handed them out to anybody doing heavy lifting.

Glad You had good weather for You walk.
    Have a Nice day at work
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning. Thanks all on the bird house comments. I am really happy with how it turned out. :)
    Roger, hope you start feeling better soon. Chicken soup? Take it easy and rest, lots of fluids. Hugs. :)
    Irene, hope your back feels better soon. Be careful lifting, bending, twisting. You may want to try gentle stretching.
    Jo, congrats on the good dentist visit. :) That's a lot of turkeys! I see one in the woods occasionally.
    I was going to put the birdhouse out front in one of our trees, but may wait til next spring. I don't think I want to leave it out over the winter. I'd like to make a few more too....that way I'll have fun decorating outside in the Spring. :)
    Partly cloudy, but nice forecast for today. I will do my PT exercises and put some color on my platinum roots this morning, going out with girlfriends tonight. :)
    Enjoy your day.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    Vix-I love the birdhouse. You did an amazing job. :) Enjoy your girls night out, they are always lots of fun. :)
    Irene-Sorry about your back, take it easy while lifting and remember to bend your knees and lift with your legs.
    Roger-I hope you feel better soon.
    Nice and sunny here today, but still humid.
    Have a good evening. :)