Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,183 Member
    Options
    Jo, I think I'm going to hang my 3 Fall paintings in my dining room. :)
    I try not to take any meds too....I was taking Alleve occasionally when my fibro got really bad, or something to help me sleep when I hadn't slept in a few days. I think things have just gotten worse with me, and I've decided to try to listen to a Dr. So, I'm taking way more than I'm used to. The pills he gave me are to help me sleep and calm my nerve endings/fibro , so I take one before bed. I've got the infusions. And if the pain gets really bad I take an Alleve. I'm not really happy about any of this. I would much rather go a natural route. I'll talk with him next week and ask about the long run. I should have periods of remission or less symptoms where maybe I can back off some of the meds.
    I'm so excited for you for your trip to London. I know you're going to have a great time and it will be wonderful to see your son and his family. :)
    Have a great evening, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,127 Member
    Options
    good morning,Jo we must be taking vacation at the same time we leave on the 19 but I will have my tablet with me so I can log on. No ot for me I only work it if I have too . Well I am down another pound yea I only have 1 more pound and I will reach my little goal I set for myself . Went for my walk this morning and we found a penny so I am a penny richer . Vix you are always so busy well I am off to enjoy my day take care
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, good for you for not working ot if you don't have to. Sometimes it's just better to take some time for yourself. :) I know you're going to love your vacation too...up at the lake, right? Sounds so peaceful and refreshing!
    Went for a short walk before it gets too hot and humid. Skipping the gym, we are expecting a delivery today and not sure what time, so one of us should be here. I need to do some chores around the house and will get my exercise that way. :)
    Happy Friday and long weekend! Yay! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I was out walking this morning, I stopped at the 7Eleven, No lids for the extra large coffee cups so I suggested pulling the empty cups until they have lids, It was done right away. Why it did not occur to the clerk, I do not know?

Yesterday after the bank opened I walked up there, 4 blocks each way in addition to the morning walk. Then my BBB came and I spent some time checking it in and marking it. I marked it with a delivery number and calorie count on each item. This way I can look in the cupboard and pull a balanced days foods. Thus if I have a High calorie dinner I can look at a low calorie Breakfast or lunch. This works for me since I lay out my food ahead of time

I am getting ready to head off to CostCo for Frozen vegetables and Dannon L&F greek Yogurt 16 pack and maybe Fruit.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    From this site: http://www.dslreports.com/ and this subforum which I sometimes look at I can do a decent job of spotting scams. The ScamBusters SubForum http://www.dslreports.com/forum/scambusters

Thanks so much for this links. I also have been getting some of the calls that these sites listed. The grant money and the IRS. Whenever I do receive a number I don't recognize I usually google it but these sites are far better. I

Hi Belle (Amanda if I recall rightly?)
    I get them all too, I am thinking about dropping Caller ID on the land line. I hear the Answer phone section and if it is anyone I want to speak to they will leave a message and I can pick up or call back.

Glad to be helpful
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-thanks for the links.
    Vix-Woohoo for saving the couch. Do you have a spot picked out to hang your painting? I try not to take any meds unless I am in extreme pain. The only med I take on a regular basis is omeprazole for occasional heartburn.
    Irene-Enjoy your long weekend. I am so jealous.
    Only 13 more days till London!
    Have a good rest of the afternoon and evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Glad the links look useful :)

I bet You are so ready to go on that trip to London.

Have a nice day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Jo, I think I'm going to hang my 3 Fall paintings in my dining room. :)
    I try not to take any meds too....I was taking Alleve occasionally when my fibro got really bad, or something to help me sleep when I hadn't slept in a few days. I think things have just gotten worse with me, and I've decided to try to listen to a Dr. So, I'm taking way more than I'm used to. The pills he gave me are to help me sleep and calm my nerve endings/fibro , so I take one before bed. I've got the infusions. And if the pain gets really bad I take an Alleve. I'm not really happy about any of this. I would much rather go a natural route. I'll talk with him next week and ask about the long run. I should have periods of remission or less symptoms where maybe I can back off some of the meds.
    I'm so excited for you for your trip to London. I know you're going to have a great time and it will be wonderful to see your son and his family. :)
    Have a great evening, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Enjoy the new Artwork.

I think I mentioned that I have trimmed my meds down to one. I'll live with the little nagging problems instead :)

Good Luck when You talk to the Doctor
    Roger
    good morning,Jo we must be taking vacation at the same time we leave on the 19 but I will have my tablet with me so I can log on. No ot for me I only work it if I have too . Well I am down another pound yea I only have 1 more pound and I will reach my little goal I set for myself . Went for my walk this morning and we found a penny so I am a penny richer . Vix you are always so busy well I am off to enjoy my day take care

Hi Irene
    I got lucky today and found 26 cents, not to much earlier this week however.

Congratulations on the Pound lost, Good Luck reaching Your Mini Goal.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, good for you for not working ot if you don't have to. Sometimes it's just better to take some time for yourself. :) I know you're going to love your vacation too...up at the lake, right? Sounds so peaceful and refreshing!
    Went for a short walk before it gets too hot and humid. Skipping the gym, we are expecting a delivery today and not sure what time, so one of us should be here. I need to do some chores around the house and will get my exercise that way. :)
    Happy Friday and long weekend! Yay! :)

Hi Again
    I hope You were successful beating the Humidity, I went out the door around 5:20 and it was not that comfortable even then. The only thing that helped was a intermittent breeze. No tracking on the delivery?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    The delivery is doors and trim for the basement. At first they said after 12, then they said between 9 and 11...haha, it's now after 11. No biggie. I got my bathrooms cleaned and swept some floors. It's all good.
    Irene, congrats on the weight loss! I'm still bouncing.
  • eku0
    Options
    3d3dbcb8b030f40868eb1b0428a1cfb1.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I was out walking again, Later today a recycle run, Need to check and see if they are open first. It is cooler this morning than yesterday, still feels a bit humid however.

I asked the clerk at the Quick Chek, Who gets stuck working Monday? His answer, Everybody, No Holidays here.

Have a Great Weekend and Holiday
    Roger
    The delivery is doors and trim for the basement. At first they said after 12, then they said between 9 and 11...haha, it's now after 11. No biggie. I got my bathrooms cleaned and swept some floors. It's all good.
    Irene, congrats on the weight loss! I'm still bouncing.

Hi Vix
    Still Bouncing, You got a trampoline :)
    Not a surprise that the delivery is running late to me. Did it ever come?

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I actually do have one of those small (about 30 inches) trampolines in the basement, haven't used it in a while. :blush:
    The delivery came around 11:45. The guy's downstairs working on the trim now. It's looking good. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all , having a great saturday the weather is nice love the cooler weather . I did wax my kitchen floor before we went for a walk so that got done I did get a lot of work done around the house yeaterday so I don't have to do much on the weekend well take care all
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Good evening;
    I woke up yesterday with a scratchy throat. Today I have a full blown cold. :( I guess if there is a good time to get a cold it is now before I go on vacation.
    Vix-Is your basement almost finished? I hope you can find something to relieve your symptoms soon.
    Irene-congrats on losing another lb.
    Roger-It was 58 when I went to work this morning. It felt great.
    My daughter is here and is cooking us dinner. We are having fish, eggplant and zucchini cooked on the grill.
    Have a good night. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Aw, Jo, hope you feel better soon. Lots of fluids, chicken soup, vitamin C, etc!!! So nice that your daughter is wonderful :) and that you get to see her frequently.
    We're hoping the basement will be done around the end of the month. We've scheduled the flooring installation for the last Thursday in September. That's about it except for finishing touches. Then we'll need furniture, etc. Pretty exciting. :)
    Irene, so nice that you are getting to relax and enjoy your weekends. :) I always try to get cleaning done on Friday, so I have less to do on the weekends too.
    Roger, I'll bet you're enjoying these cooler mornings....I know I am too. :)
    My son and his girlfriend may stop by today, that'll be fun.
    Have a great Sunday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I was out walking & 5Cents, Temperatures around 56 Degrees when I started out. On my return to the house and opened a front window and a back window to get some fresh air. After Breakfast I cleaned the Grill and Filter on the Living Room Wall mount AC. I still need to call or Email NutriSystem. The NutriChocolates in my BBB were melted together and the Latest Bear has a big open seam where the head joins the Body in the front. Since they did not substitute for the Granola Cereal Now I wish I had not lowered the quantity :)

Have a Great Holiday Weekend
    RogerToo
    q9qkrxge8qd7.jpg
    I actually do have one of those small (about 30 inches) trampolines in the basement, haven't used it in a while. :blush:
    The delivery came around 11:45. The guy's downstairs working on the trim now. It's looking good. :)

Hi Vix
    Well it came within the original delivery window, I guess You did not complain.

Cheers
    Roger
    hi all , having a great saturday the weather is nice love the cooler weather . I did wax my kitchen floor before we went for a walk so that got done I did get a lot of work done around the house yeaterday so I don't have to do much on the weekend well take care all

Hi Irene
    I was out walking this morning an hour before Sunrise, it was near cold, chilly until the walk warmed me up.
    Did You get Tomorrow off?

Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    I woke up yesterday with a scratchy throat. Today I have a full blown cold. :( I guess if there is a good time to get a cold it is now before I go on vacation.
    Vix-Is your basement almost finished? I hope you can find something to relieve your symptoms soon.
    Irene-congrats on losing another lb.
    Roger-It was 58 when I went to work this morning. It felt great.
    My daughter is here and is cooking us dinner. We are having fish, eggplant and zucchini cooked on the grill.
    Have a good night. :)

Hi Joanne
    Sorry to hear that You have progressed into a Full blown cold.
    Have a Good Dinner
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Aw, Jo, hope you feel better soon. Lots of fluids, chicken soup, vitamin C, etc!!! So nice that your daughter is wonderful :) and that you get to see her frequently.
    We're hoping the basement will be done around the end of the month. We've scheduled the flooring installation for the last Thursday in September. That's about it except for finishing touches. Then we'll need furniture, etc. Pretty exciting. :)
    Irene, so nice that you are getting to relax and enjoy your weekends. :) I always try to get cleaning done on Friday, so I have less to do on the weekends too.
    Roger, I'll bet you're enjoying these cooler mornings....I know I am too. :)
    My son and his girlfriend may stop by today, that'll be fun.
    Have a great Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    I am enjoying them, even though they start to come to a end for a few days starting tomorrow.

Enjoy the visit
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi everyone having a great weekend I do have work tomorrow but thats ok its time and a half so I can live with that we didn't have plans anyway. Jo sorry you have come down with a cold at least you have time to get rip of it before you go on vacation. Roger you are getting rich with your walks sorry to hear of your candy melting but if you call ns they will replace it . Vix it will be so nice to have your basement finnished well I am going to go and relax have a great day
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, happy labor day! I have work today but thats fine really don't mind since in like 10 days I am really starting to get excited it will be so nice to get a way we just love it up there nice and peacefull , Believe it or not Annie loves going out in the boat I always bring her coat with me because she gets cold . Roger I found ten cents today I felt rich thats a big haul for me lol ok gotta go to work have a great day Jo hope you are feeling better
    l
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I got out walking this morning a hour before Sunrise, a little warmer than Yesterday but still comfortable.

Have a Great Holiday
    Roger
    ysf7txj0kw3v.jpg
    hi everyone having a great weekend I do have work tomorrow but thats ok its time and a half so I can live with that we didn't have plans anyway. Jo sorry you have come down with a cold at least you have time to get rip of it before you go on vacation. Roger you are getting rich with your walks sorry to hear of your candy melting but if you call ns they will replace it . Vix it will be so nice to have your basement finnished well I am going to go and relax have a great day
    good morning, happy labor day! I have work today but thats fine really don't mind since in like 10 days I am really starting to get excited it will be so nice to get a way we just love it up there nice and peacefull , Believe it or not Annie loves going out in the boat I always bring her coat with me because she gets cold . Roger I found ten cents today I felt rich thats a big haul for me lol ok gotta go to work have a great day Jo hope you are feeling better
    l

Hi Irene
    I hope You have an easy day, I have a suspicion that not easy is the answer as the orders will be pouring in.

What great weather the last two days for walking. You are ahead of me. No money found today :(

I have complained via email about the NutriChocolates and the defective bear. The bear is very poorly made, There is a big gap where the head meets the body and the white stuffing shows. I have it however and told them just put it in the Frozen when they get a restock of dry ice and ship it or the next BBB.
    The melted NutriChocolates gives me a perfect reason to use this recipe for Chocolate Peanut Cluster, Counts as 1 Dessert + 1/2 Power Fuel from the old recipe center. I posted it here and do have the Peanuts now.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10213619/chocolate-peanut-cluster-counts-as-1-dessert-1-2-power-fuel
    wlxtn73xuid4.jpg
    I told them not to bother with the chocolates as I plan to use them. I would feel like I am ripping them off to use them and have them replaced :)

I think I will make them for tonight's dessert too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, glad you had a nice weekend. I would be looking forward to that vacation too....sounds wonderful. :)
    Roger, yum on the chocolate peanut clusters! I keep some hersheys dark chocolate kisses for when I want a chocolate fix!
    Jo, hope you're knocking out that cold! Feel better!
    I went for a walk Saturday late afternoon...wasn't good. I'm having problems with my hip joints and lower back, then to top it off a bug flew in my eye, and I couldn't get it out! I finally got the bug out after a few hours and several attempts at rinsing my eye and putting in eye drops. May try walking again this morning, took yesterday off, and will take some Alleve before I go. Also will wear sun glasses even in the shade of the forest and put on bug spray to keep the little buggers away from me. :o
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Vix-that sounds awful getting a bug in your eye. I feel so much better today, after spending yesterday sleeping most of the day. I ended up going to the pharmacy and asking the pharmacist for something for my cough. She told me to get mucinex DM. It helped my cough but also made me sleepy. My chiropractor gave me exercises to do for my back and hips.
    Irene-I hope work is not too busy. I only worked 4 hours today and yesterday.
    Roger-Chocolate peanut clusters sound yummy. Yesterday on my way to work I saw a coyote crossing the street and going into someones driveway. Then I saw a deer and her 2 fawns crossing from the cemetery into the woods.
    I am going to take it easy today and I am off from work tomorrow,hopefully this cold will be gone by then.
    Today is my anniversary,40years and still going strong. :)

• eku0
    Options
    Jo, glad you're feeling better. Congratulations!!!
    41v3%2BSpCiKL._SY300_.jpg

• IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, happy anniversary wow 40 years great job! Vix hope your eye is ok . They offered an vto which was nice because the time doesn't go against me and I still get payed for the holiday so I was home by 11 it was nice our orders have seem to slow down but now I need to stay and work till my vacation well need to go to work have a great day