Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Thank you everyone.
    Irene-Have a wonderful vacation. I hope your rash clears up soon. It is not fun being itchy.
    I am just doing some last minute straightening up and moving things out of the way for the contractor.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,124 Member
    Options
    hi all , Jo have a great vacation! well today I did my weigh in very happy to say I have met my goal plus I am now 159 yea so since I started back on days I have lost a total of 9 pounds so glad it is going in the right direction but since I start my vacation on saturday I might gain a pound or too well it is that time so have a great day
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Congrats on the weight loss, Irene! Yay! Working days is better for you.
    I guess Jo is in London. Yay! So exciting. :)
    Roger, I know you're enjoying the cooler mornings. I put on a summer jacket this morning. :)
    Off to painting class.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi
    On my walk this morning I took my $10 backpack with me so I could stop at the Pathmark Supermarket (Grocery Store) and bought Bananas, Some water flavors and a 3 pack of UHT milk as I used up the last of the Dollar Store quart yesterday on my NutriFlakes. FWIW the Dollar store is a much better Unit price per quart.

I did find one whole cent on the walk so not a total loss!

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger

P.S. I'm back, I decided to walk to the dollar store before it got to hot, I failed :)
    That added 1.1 miles to the days total mileage walked so 2.77 Miles + 1.1 later.
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Bon voyage, Jo....have a wonderful trip!
    Irene, sorry about the rash, hope it clears up soon. I get occasional rashes for no apparent reason, and it's so annoying!
    Roger, we've been really lucky so far. :) I actually made 2 pumpkins in my clay class....I glazed the 2nd one and it's in the kiln this week. It'll be nice to put tea light candles in them for Halloween. :)
    Went to my body flow class this morning....it's getting harder for me to keep up, but luckily I can modify most of the moves and make it easier so I can do some of it. Very important to keep moving. :)
    Enjoy the beautiful weather, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I think we used a regular candle about 6" tall, Left over from the power outage caused by Sandy.

Cheers
    Roger
    hi all , Jo have a great vacation! well today I did my weigh in very happy to say I have met my goal plus I am now 159 yea so since I started back on days I have lost a total of 9 pounds so glad it is going in the right direction but since I start my vacation on saturday I might gain a pound or too well it is that time so have a great day

HI Irene
    I ate out on Monday at the diner while waiting for the Barber shop to open, Then Tuesday I was up, Wednesday I was a little more, Then this morning I was down under Mondays weight. Sometimes it is just a temporary thing. The strange part to me was that I used no salt, No Butter or Margarine so why I do not know.

Congratulations on Your loss.
    Good Luck on Vacation
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Thank you everyone.
    Irene-Have a wonderful vacation. I hope your rash clears up soon. It is not fun being itchy.
    I am just doing some last minute straightening up and moving things out of the way for the contractor.

Hi Joanne
    I bet You are busy doing that. I need to do some cleaning before I get the plumber in for some work I can not do.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Congrats on the weight loss, Irene! Yay! Working days is better for you.
    I guess Jo is in London. Yay! So exciting. :)
    Roger, I know you're enjoying the cooler mornings. I put on a summer jacket this morning. :)
    Off to painting class.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    I put on a light long sleeve shirt and that was enough this morning. It was slightly warmer to start too.
    I have to be honest and say that this summer was not that bad once I started getting out before Sunrise and home shortly afterwards.

Cheers
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,124 Member
    Options
    good morning got my walk in now getting ready to go to church it is 3 years ago my mom passed going to light a candle for her talk to everyone later
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, my Mom's birthday was 9/16. I usually light a candle for her then, at home.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options

Hi All
    I walked 2.74 miles today, Really nice out again, the same as yesterday. I had one Deer go clattering out of a side road and across the road in front of me and through a yard on its way to the brook. Then a little further on I saw another female with tow of this years crop eating from the lawn in a yard, one of the little ones was around 80% white. I had to look a second time to see what it was.

Then yesterday I saw the blue Heron flying down the brook towards the lake, I usually see it below the lake. Then on my block there was a Woodpecker hanging upside down on a limb pecking away. Not to mention the usual assortment of rodents AKA Squirrels & Rabbits.

I had a Egg Salad Wrap for my mid-morning snack. 1 Egg at 80 calories, 1Tbsp Hellmans Light no fat Mayo @ 30 calories, Mount Olive Sugar Free Sweet Relish @ 0 Calories and 1/2 a large Flatout Original Light Whole Wheat Flatbread at 45 calories per 1/2 piece.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    good morning got my walk in now getting ready to go to church it is 3 years ago my mom passed going to light a candle for her talk to everyone later

Hi Irene
    In July We have a Mass said for Mom and one for Pop later in the year. Need to go schedule fathers too.
    When I pass the church on weekdays where it is almost time for mass I go in. haven't done that lately due to going out earlier to beat the heat.

Thanks for the reminder
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, my Mom's birthday was 9/16. I usually light a candle for her then, at home.
    Have a good day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    That's a nice thing to do too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    We arrived safe and sound. I have to go down to the lobby to use the Internet. We have been walking all over seeing the sites.
    Today we went to the Victoria and ALbert museum, portobello road market and Kensington palace. My daughter and I made reservations to have afternoon tea on Sunday, while hubby goes to the local pub to watch rugby. Having a great time so far, only a little rain shower today. The weather has been in the 50-60 range. Just right for us. Some of the people have winter coats on and scarves.
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, so glad you made it safe and sound. :) Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy! :)
    Hi Roger and Irene. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Went out to dinner with the kids last night...dinner was more calories than I usually eat in a day!
    Anyway, it was really great....we were celebrating my daughter's 30th birthday, and my son is starting a new/better job in a week, and also found out that my daughter got a promotion! Wow. I'm just blown away!
    Foggy here this morning. Nothing special planned. Have to return a dolly we borrowed from a friend, maybe some cleaning, laundry, etc.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked 2.8 miles today & 10 Cents, Nice weather too. I opened the front windows and a back window for fresh air when I got home. I picked up my Large Black Coffee at McDonalds @ $1.07. I saw a couple of Deer, Tree Rats, Noisy Geese flew over, They fly over every morning when I get out walking.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Hi everyone,
    We arrived safe and sound. I have to go down to the lobby to use the Internet. We have been walking all over seeing the sites.
    Today we went to the Victoria and ALbert museum, portobello road market and Kensington palace. My daughter and I made reservations to have afternoon tea on Sunday, while hubby goes to the local pub to watch rugby. Having a great time so far, only a little rain shower today. The weather has been in the 50-60 range. Just right for us. Some of the people have winter coats on and scarves.

Hi Joanne
    It sounds as if You have a busy and enjoyable day planned. I'm guessing that is the same PortoBello Road market as in the Mary Poppins Disney Movie.

Enjoy
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Went out to dinner with the kids last night...dinner was more calories than I usually eat in a day!
    Anyway, it was really great....we were celebrating my daughter's 30th birthday, and my son is starting a new/better job in a week, and also found out that my daughter got a promotion! Wow. I'm just blown away!
    Foggy here this morning. Nothing special planned. Have to return a dolly we borrowed from a friend, maybe some cleaning, laundry, etc.
    Enjoy your day! :)

Hi Vix
    It sounds as if You also had a enjoyable evening. Congratulations on Your Son & Daughters doing so well, You did Good!

Lazy day here for me too.
    Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Irene
    I ran across this one and thought of posting it here.

fK3Ng6.gif
  • eku0
    Options
    haha. :) Went for a walk in the park. Did better this time. Yay! :)
  • eku0
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Good morning.
    I need to find somewhere to go on vacation again. Truth is I don't really like traveling anymore. I can put it off til early December for our anniversary....just have to think of somewhere relaxing, but not boring! I think I'll check out National Parks and see if any stay relatively warm in winter.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi
    My daughter and I had tea at the Orangery at Kensington gardens, while hubby went to the pub to watch rugby.
    We walked 9.59 miles by 4:00 today and we will be going out again tonight.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went & walked this morning starting at 5:25Am and overachieved doing it, 3.25 miles and 1 cent. The Weather was warmer and more humid than yesterday, Lucky me that there was a breeze to keep it comfortable.

Not to much on my agenda for the day.

I drove past where the Black Walnuts are and there are more on the ground so I think I'll pick up some more. They are a bit of a nuisance to dry, peel and then clean and crack but tasty.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    haha. :) Went for a walk in the park. Did better this time. Yay! :)
    Good morning.
    I need to find somewhere to go on vacation again. Truth is I don't really like traveling anymore. I can put it off til early December for our anniversary....just have to think of somewhere relaxing, but not boring! I think I'll check out National Parks and see if any stay relatively warm in winter.

HI Vix
    Way to go, I over achieved today, maybe I'll drop back a little tomorrow.

I would think the National parks out in the Southwest would be warm. I was at Carlsbad in January one year when the weather was miserable up here and it was nice there. Likewise for New Orleans and the Alamo. And of course Orlando Florida is nice in January as well as being off season pricing and shorter lines.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi
    My daughter and I had tea at the Orangery at Kensington gardens, while hubby went to the pub to watch rugby.
    We walked 9.59 miles by 4:00 today and we will be going out again tonight.

Hi joanne
    Wow, 9.59 miles! That makes my little 3.25 miles pale by comparison :)

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Sounds like a good walk, Roger....we went to the park again this morning. It was nice and cool. :) We have black walnut trees around here too, but I've never taken the time to collect/process them.
    Looking at driving to Skyline Drive and Shenendoah National Park in October for a few days getaway. That should be pretty in the Fall and we don't have to fly at all. :) Will probably also look for something in December...I was thinking about the Southwest, but I know some places out there get cold and snowy too. I'll check out Carlsbad, thanks for the recommendation. :)
    Jo! Wow! 10 miles pretty much! Good for you. I know you must have some comfortable shoes to do that! :) I'm sure you're seeing a lot of great things and having a wonderful time. :) Yay!
    Hi Irene....I guess you've left for your vacation....I know you're enjoying the getaway! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked this morning and on the way back home I picked up some more of these Black Walnuts, + 4 Cents, Delicious too. They are sitting on the front porch drying right now. Then I mowed the grass, Might be the last time this year :)
    These are examples of what I picked up and how they look after having the outer skin removed and then cracked. That stump they are sitting on in the first picture is a perfect place to crack the nuts. A Nutcracker is not really going to work either.
    walnuts_zpsvfvpp32q.jpg
    to this
    url_zpsk0hvfvmd.jpg
    to this
    resizedimage300240-Black-Walnut-in-Shell_zpsnxrvq7pq.jpg

Cheers
    Roger
    Sounds like a good walk, Roger....we went to the park again this morning. It was nice and cool. :) We have black walnut trees around here too, but I've never taken the time to collect/process them.
    Looking at driving to Skyline Drive and Shenendoah National Park in October for a few days getaway. That should be pretty in the Fall and we don't have to fly at all. :) Will probably also look for something in December...I was thinking about the Southwest, but I know some places out there get cold and snowy too. I'll check out Carlsbad, thanks for the recommendation. :)
    Jo! Wow! 10 miles pretty much! Good for you. I know you must have some comfortable shoes to do that! :) I'm sure you're seeing a lot of great things and having a wonderful time. :) Yay!
    Hi Irene....I guess you've left for your vacation....I know you're enjoying the getaway! :)

Hi Vix
    What I did with walking shoes is I buy them two pair at a time. When I put the last new pair into use earlier in the summer I went on Amazon and ordered two more pairs so I'm good for a while. The Make and Model I ordered is the same ones as last order. I like them as they are comfortable and I was able to start walking in them with no break in required.

56 degrees out this morning, 12 degrees colder than Yesterday. I may start wearing brown cotton work gloves to keep my hands warm if this weather keeps up. Or I do have some lightly insulated Leather ones I could use too. I put the brown gloves inside leather work gloves to keep my hands warm and protected when shoveling snow.

Carlsbad is nice but not for the claustrophobic being a cave.

I was amazed that the Alamo was so small, it looked much bigger when Disney ran the movie with Davy Crockett :)

A trip to Shenandoah National Park sounds like a really nice trip too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    P.S. Black Walnuts are a delicious eating nut and IMO much tastier than English Walnuts. They work really good in baking too.
  • eku0
    Options
    Is it hard to get the outer portion off, or does it just sort of peel away when it dries out? There are a lot of them around (lots of already smashed ones too). Maybe I'll give it a whirl. :)