Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Kind of gray and gloomy this a.m., but I think the sun's supposed to ome out later.
    Going to clay class a little later, and scheduled a hair cut for tomorrow. I have things to glaze, and maybe I'll have time to put together something new. :)
    Enjoy your day.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking and found no money but I did save 64 cents by reusing the coffee cup from the Quick Chek, and 2.9 miles.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Is it hard to get the outer portion off, or does it just sort of peel away when it dries out? There are a lot of them around (lots of already smashed ones too). Maybe I'll give it a whirl. :)

Hi Vix
    It is not to hard, You do have to wear gloves as they will stain Your hand. So dry, peel, Dry and then Brush off and then get the hammer as it is a tough shell. But IMO well worth it. BTW You have to protect them while they dry from Squirrels, That is why I have them on the enclosed front porch drying on a window sill.

Or You can get lazy and order them online ready to eat. Or in my case the Acme supermarket seems to carry them part of the year too.

I think the drought may have affected the crop as them seem a little small this year and not as many as last year either.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Learn something new every day! Will probably skip it this year. I have been feeling so lazy, can't even seem to motivate to do the projects I've already started! Oh well.
    Have a good night everyone, :)
  • eku0
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Good morning!
    More beautiful weather! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    On my walk today at 5:20, I stopped by the Post Office to mail off payments for two bills and I found a whopping 8 Cents:)

Weather was around 52 Degrees, Made me glad I took along a pair of Brown Jersey gloves. 9 Degree drop in temperature from Yesterday Morning according to the Local News12 Channel. I suspect it is almost time to turn the heat back on too.

Have Great Wednesday
    Roger
    Learn something new every day! Will probably skip it this year. I have been feeling so lazy, can't even seem to motivate to do the projects I've already started! Oh well.
    Have a good night everyone, :)

Hi Vix
    Nothing wrong with a little procrastination :)

I have been dealing with a motivation issue myself.

Good luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, Haha, good luck to you too. :) I am going to get a haircut this afternoon. Going to try it a little shorter, getting bored with the same old same old. The projects are waiting!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It was 46 degrees in a nearby town when I left for my mornings walk. Then as the topper today should 80 or higher, what a swing in temperatures. This sort of morning makes me happy that the new 7 pocket hiker pants from Cabelas were delivered.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    Roger, Haha, good luck to you too. :) I am going to get a haircut this afternoon. Going to try it a little shorter, getting bored with the same old same old. The projects are waiting!

Hi Vix
    I can see it now, Your Picture in the newspaper with the Sinead O'Connor look.
    TCwxJI.jpg

On a serious note I always feel better once I get a haircut.

Have a Nice day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Haha...not that short! :smiley: But pretty short, about jawbone/just below the ear level, and I have a sort of side part instead of it just falling where it may. I'm glad for the change....it's easier to keep from looking like crazy hair.
    Are the new hiking pants lined or just warmer? Always good to have lots of pockets when walking, less to carry. :)
    Have a good night. :)
  • eku0
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Good morning!
    There are websites where you can make little avatars that look like characters in cartoons. Haha.
    Here's South Park Vix:
    d60f200bb2f8cd5aac9651a703b8f581e743.jpg
    And Peanuts Vix:
    d60f60be785161be937be592b2d437bd3b29.jpg

Hahaha!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today, Once Again :) Call it 2.88 miles and 2 Cents.
    It was warmer than Yesterday morning, so pretty much comfortable.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    Haha...not that short! :smiley: But pretty short, about jawbone/just below the ear level, and I have a sort of side part instead of it just falling where it may. I'm glad for the change....it's easier to keep from looking like crazy hair.
    Are the new hiking pants lined or just warmer? Always good to have lots of pockets when walking, less to carry. :)
    Have a good night. :)
    Good morning!
    There are websites where you can make little avatars that look like characters in cartoons. Haha.
    Here's South Park Vix:
    d60f200bb2f8cd5aac9651a703b8f581e743.jpg
    And Peanuts Vix:
    d60f60be785161be937be592b2d437bd3b29.jpg

Hahaha!

Hi Vix
    The New hiking pants are not lined, Just Pants instead of the 7 pocket shorts that are still working. If I feel really cold on the worst days I may have to get a set of thermals to keep warm. The two biggest pockets hold a lot, I put the folding Totes Umbrella in one along with the Phone, Keys, a Plastic note taking gizmo that has a pad of paper and a pen, change and some Napkins. The other one gets the rest of the junk I carry around on a walk. I can fit a Bottle of water in too if need be and still have room left over. Normally I have things in the other pocket and put the large or Ex Large Coffee Cup from the coffee in it when I empty it until I can dispose of it. I do hold onto the one from the Quick Chek as that drops their Ex Large coffee from $2.13 to $1.50, Call me Frugal.

Thanks for the self portraits :)
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    :smiley:
    I started taking a small back pack with me when we go on vacation because most of my clothes don't have a lot of pockets, and that way I just have the one pack that fits everything I need...mostly phone, wallet, keys, water, miscellaneous whatever. And I can put a book and my nook in it for the plane trip, and it fits under a seat. I also take it if we're going to one of the local bigger parks where we'll be out walking for more than an hour or so.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking this morning, Out the door at 5:17 and 8058 steps so far. Next on the short to do list is go to Home Depot and then across the mall to Costco for Frozen vegetables, Yogurt, Fruit, and maybe Lettuce or water.

Then McDonalds on the way home for a Large Decaf to go with this mornings Coffee while walking :)

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    :smiley:
    I started taking a small back pack with me when we go on vacation because most of my clothes don't have a lot of pockets, and that way I just have the one pack that fits everything I need...mostly phone, wallet, keys, water, miscellaneous whatever. And I can put a book and my nook in it for the plane trip, and it fits under a seat. I also take it if we're going to one of the local bigger parks where we'll be out walking for more than an hour or so.

Hi Vix
    I have a smallish Backpack that cost me $10 new at the local sporting goods store. I only take it when I plan to stop and shop on my walks or if I walk up to the Produce store, 1 mile Round trip later in the day when they are open.

In the Summer I prefer to have my back open for cooling :)

I think Most ladies clothes are pocket challenged compared to mens clothes.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning Roger and all
    Haha, you're right....most women don't want to look bulgey! My backpack was free, it was a promotion one time when I joined the Sierra Club. It's very light weight and simple. I can usually sling it over one shoulder if my back gets too warm. :) I've just been doing laundry so far this morning. Need to clean the master bathroom, still haven't gotten to most of my projects, and I would like to go for a walk. I'm having a sort of bad week achy-wise, but it doesn't help to sit around. Even moving slowly is better I think.
    Enjoy the weekend. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    xer7uujzs0in.jpeg
    8x4qu92szbwq.jpeg
    Stonehenge and the Roman baths
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    I don't always have internet so haven't been able to post much. We are having a great time despite all having colds.
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, Wow! Stonehenge...how cool! Don't know if I've ever heard of the Roman baths in England, but that's pretty cool too. Sorry you all have colds. Hope you feel better soon. I guess it's kind of chilly there this time of year. It's chilling off a bit here too. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. Yay! :)
  • eku0
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Good morning.
    We're in for a week of cloudy.
    Watching football game with friends today. Will be fun.
    Sunday_Happy.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked once again, 2.86 miles and 13 cents. On the outbound leg 5 blocks into the walk (.36 Miles) two Deer AKA Walking Appetites came out of a yard on my left walked across the road in front of me and walked down the side road headed towards the Brook. Then around the 8/10ths of a mile point in my walk a third one did likewise headed for the same brook which was running parallel to my path. They seem to live in the woods along the brooks in this town.

Cooler this morning than yesterday at 54 degrees. We probably will miss seeing the total eclipse of the moon as it supposed to be mostly cloudy tonight when it happens :(

Have a Great Day
    Roger

P.S. On the inbound leg of my walk I gleaned 7 decent looking drops (Apples) from along the road.
    Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning Roger and all
    Haha, you're right....most women don't want to look bulgey! My backpack was free, it was a promotion one time when I joined the Sierra Club. It's very light weight and simple. I can usually sling it over one shoulder if my back gets too warm. :) I've just been doing laundry so far this morning. Need to clean the master bathroom, still haven't gotten to most of my projects, and I would like to go for a walk. I'm having a sort of bad week achy-wise, but it doesn't help to sit around. Even moving slowly is better I think.
    Enjoy the weekend. :)

Hi Vix
    I had not thought of that, Looking Bulgey :)

You beat me with free that is the best price and beats my frugally priced backpack at $10 by a mile.

I find that I dislike things weighing on my shoulders so I have to use both shoulder once I load it up to spread the load. I weighed the contents a time or two and came up at nearly 10 pounds of foods from the Produce store or Grocery Store.
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    xer7uujzs0in.jpeg
    8x4qu92szbwq.jpeg
    Stonehenge and the Roman baths

Hi Joanne
    It sounds as if You covering quite a lot of ground seeing many wonderful sites.

I hope All of You get over Your colds quickly.

Enjoy
    Roger
    Jo, Wow! Stonehenge...how cool! Don't know if I've ever heard of the Roman baths in England, but that's pretty cool too. Sorry you all have colds. Hope you feel better soon. I guess it's kind of chilly there this time of year. It's chilling off a bit here too. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. Yay! :)

Hi Again
    I saw a special on the Roman Baths in Bath, England a little while ago.
    http://www.romanbaths.co.uk/ for more information.

From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Baths_(Bath)

It is chilling off here enough that I have taken to wearing light gloves on my hands on some of my walks.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I don't generally carry much in my back pack...a couple of pounds at the most. I travel light! :)
    Lots of cool stuff in the world....I love that I can see so much of it on the internet! :wink: :smiley:
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi
    It is 5pm here. Today we went to theBritish war museum and the John Ryland library..very beautiful. We are back at the hotel recharging before we head out to dinner or tea as the British call it.