Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,112 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, nice that work has slowed a little, you know it's going to pick up around the holidays!
    Thanks all....my eye is fine now. :)
    Jo, our 40th is coming up in December. :) Only about a week til your vacation...I'm sure you're getting excited!
    Roger, it's supposed to be a hot one here today...I know you've probably gone early for your walk. You're doing great!
    I've got clay class today. Always fun. :)
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I got out walking early, 5:23AM, It was a little warmer and a little more humid than Yesterday, however there was a gentle breeze for most of it that kept it comfortable. 2.88 miles & 25 Cents :)

When I came back home I had a burst of inspiration and decided to do a quick whip around through the house and cleaned out stray trash to go to the garbage can so it will be ready for our garbage pickup.

I ordered some Shredder Bags from Amazon they make it so much less messy when shredding Discs and paper. Just pull the bag, close & toss it. I found out about them when the new shredder came with a sample pack in the bin.

I made these, Chocolate Peanut Cluster, Counts as 1 Dessert + 1/2 Power Fuel
    Review here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10213619/chocolate-peanut-cluster-counts-as-1-dessert-1-2-power-fuel
    wlxtn73xuid4.jpg

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Irene, glad you had a nice weekend. I would be looking forward to that vacation too....sounds wonderful. :)
    Roger, yum on the chocolate peanut clusters! I keep some hersheys dark chocolate kisses for when I want a chocolate fix!
    Jo, hope you're knocking out that cold! Feel better!
    I went for a walk Saturday late afternoon...wasn't good. I'm having problems with my hip joints and lower back, then to top it off a bug flew in my eye, and I couldn't get it out! I finally got the bug out after a few hours and several attempts at rinsing my eye and putting in eye drops. May try walking again this morning, took yesterday off, and will take some Alleve before I go. Also will wear sun glasses even in the shade of the forest and put on bug spray to keep the little buggers away from me. :o
    Enjoy your day! :)

Hi Vix
    I had that one day this summer too, I had a miserable time getting that little critter out of my Eye.
    I figure I have been lucky, when I get out walking not to many bugs flying around unless I go walking over by the lake park.

Good Luck Walking
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Vix-that sounds awful getting a bug in your eye. I feel so much better today, after spending yesterday sleeping most of the day. I ended up going to the pharmacy and asking the pharmacist for something for my cough. She told me to get mucinex DM. It helped my cough but also made me sleepy. My chiropractor gave me exercises to do for my back and hips.
    Irene-I hope work is not too busy. I only worked 4 hours today and yesterday.
    Roger-Chocolate peanut clusters sound yummy. Yesterday on my way to work I saw a coyote crossing the street and going into someones driveway. Then I saw a deer and her 2 fawns crossing from the cemetery into the woods.
    I am going to take it easy today and I am off from work tomorrow,hopefully this cold will be gone by then.
    Today is my anniversary,40years and still going strong. :)

Hi Joanne
    Happy 40th Anniversary!

They were tasty, I especially liked the crunch from the unsalted peanuts. to help with Temptation when I bought the peanuts I picked them up at the convenience store in a small snack size bag, even that bag is like 200 calories for the entire bag, I only used a TableSpoon form it and still have enough to make more. It was a easy way to use up the Melted NutriChocolates from my latest Delivery, I still one more bag of melted ones and 2 bags of unmelted ones.

I did not see any wildlife today, only a couple of Dogs. Good to hear that the MucinexDM helped.

CHeers
    Roger
    good morning, happy anniversary wow 40 years great job! Vix hope your eye is ok . They offered an vto which was nice because the time doesn't go against me and I still get payed for the holiday so I was home by 11 it was nice our orders have seem to slow down but now I need to stay and work till my vacation well need to go to work have a great day

Hi Irene
    What exactly is VTO? Variable Time off maybe?
    I did my best to keep You busy :) I ordered some Shredder bags. I hope they arrive in time to get used before recycle goes to the curb. Supposedly in Avenel this morning.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, nice that work has slowed a little, you know it's going to pick up around the holidays!
    Thanks all....my eye is fine now. :)
    Jo, our 40th is coming up in December. :) Only about a week til your vacation...I'm sure you're getting excited!
    Roger, it's supposed to be a hot one here today...I know you've probably gone early for your walk. You're doing great!
    I've got clay class today. Always fun. :)
    Have a great day, everyone.

Hi Again
    I am glad to hear Your Eye is fine now, It could have been worse. Today is supposed to hit 93 degrees, tomorrow it cools off, All the way down to 87 Degrees :)

You surmised right, I was out the door at 5:23AM, Beating the heat from the Sunlight. I was home by 7AM and with the later Sunrise, no sun in my eyes walking either.

Cheers
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone ,vto means volenteer time off so I still got paid for the holiday. We had an all hands meeting yesterday what that means about every other month there is a meeting for everyone tell tell just what is going on. Well yesterday we were told we are getting a pay raise .75 an hour I think it had to do with the piece in the paper who cares just nice that we got it I think it comes out to be a little over 40.00 a week I am happy with it nice surprise I will take as much as they want to give us but we do work really hard and we earned it ok maybe not. Well need to go and make that extra money have a great day Roger I hope you are enjoying your walk Jo we are getting close now to our vacation Vix glad your eye is fine
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all
    Congrats on the raise, Irene. :)
    Roger, hot here too.
    Went to body flow class this morning. No plans for the rest of the day. :) I should work on some projects.
    Enjoy the day, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-congrats on getting a raise. :)
    Vix-it is hot here too.
    I put a cat game on my ipad for the cats to play with. It is a mouse that squeaks when they touch it with their paw.
    Now every time I open my ipad sophie is right there pawing at it, looking for the mouse. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked today, found 2 cents, Whee! Warmer, more Humidity and less comfortable than Yesterday.

Have a Great Wednesday
    RogerToo
    good morning everyone ,vto means volenteer time off so I still got paid for the holiday. We had an all hands meeting yesterday what that means about every other month there is a meeting for everyone tell tell just what is going on. Well yesterday we were told we are getting a pay raise .75 an hour I think it had to do with the piece in the paper who cares just nice that we got it I think it comes out to be a little over 40.00 a week I am happy with it nice surprise I will take as much as they want to give us but we do work really hard and we earned it ok maybe not. Well need to go and make that extra money have a great day Roger I hope you are enjoying your walk Jo we are getting close now to our vacation Vix glad your eye is fine

Hi Irene
    Congratulations on the raise, 75 cents is a nice one too.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all
    Congrats on the raise, Irene. :)
    Roger, hot here too.
    Went to body flow class this morning. No plans for the rest of the day. :) I should work on some projects.
    Enjoy the day, everyone.

Looks like over 90 degrees in NYC today too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Lots of gray clouds, looks like it might rain.
    Great sunset again, just enough clear sky in the west. :)
    Jo...how funny. That must be so cute to see the cats trying to catch the mouse!
    Roger, we usually walk in the park, so we don't find money....there is a lake there, probably why there are so many bugs. I often find change in parking lots. :)
    Scattered t-storms forecast for midnight through tomorrow.
    Going to the doc and for my 2nd infusion tomorrow after painting class. Wish me luck. :)
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,yea I am pretty happy about the pay raise always nice when it is a surprise. It was raining here for the start of our walk but we still got our walk in,yesterday they were asking people to work ot for friday but I already had plans made so I told them no it is hard enough trying to do the 40 hours and it won't be long and I will be working 50 hour weeks so I will pass for now well need to go to work vix hope you feel some relief after you get your shot
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    I stuck my head out the door and it had stopped raining and the weather radar showed no more rain so I got ready to walk, Of Course about that time it started drizzling, I went out anyway :) 2.63 miles Vs the usual 2.75 miles as due to the weather I changed my route slightly. The rain drizzled on and off for most of the walk, no problem, Then 6 Blocks from Home it started coming down as a steady light rain :( I could have called my brother to come rescue me but for 6 blocks? Nope. Humid out there too.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
    Lots of gray clouds, looks like it might rain.
    Great sunset again, just enough clear sky in the west. :)
    Jo...how funny. That must be so cute to see the cats trying to catch the mouse!
    Roger, we usually walk in the park, so we don't find money....there is a lake there, probably why there are so many bugs. I often find change in parking lots. :)
    Scattered t-storms forecast for midnight through tomorrow.
    Going to the doc and for my 2nd infusion tomorrow after painting class. Wish me luck. :)
    Have a good night, everyone.

Hi Vix
    It would not surprise me if they are coming off of the lake. If I walk past our lake on withe side of it that is where the little flying gnats are.

Rainy today.

I hope the Infusion gets going doing its job for You. I bet You have questions for the doctor too

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning,yea I am pretty happy about the pay raise always nice when it is a surprise. It was raining here for the start of our walk but we still got our walk in,yesterday they were asking people to work ot for Friday but I already had plans made so I told them no it is hard enough trying to do the 40 hours and it won't be long and I will be working 50 hour weeks so I will pass for now well need to go to work vix hope you feel some relief after you get your shot

Hi Irene
    I was glad I had the larger Umbrella along instead of the smaller folding one that fits in my pocket. I could have used a third Arm after I picked up my Coffee at the Quick Chek, One for my walking stick, One for my Coffee and a Third for the Umbrella :)

I think I would have just said I had already made other plans or have reservations and can not make it. If I had known a few days ago, etc.

Have a Good Day at Work
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all
    Good for you, Irene. It's hard to work extra hours all the time....I was doing that for the last few years I worked and it wore me out!
    Roger, definitely would be easier to have extra arms and hands sometimes. :smiley: You're a trooper, walking in the rain. I used to love to walk in t-storms when I was young, I didn't realize they were dangerous, found it exhilarating. :)
    Jo, bet you're getting ready for that trip. How exciting!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    I worked 3hours overtime today. After weeks of no OT,make sure you leave on time. We got a visit from the president of the company yesterday and he wasn't happy about the condition of the store. Today we had a bunch of specials in and all the depts were getting an overhaul,so now we can have all the OT we want. I will sleep good tonight with all the running around I did today.
    Vix-I hope the infusion gives you some relief.
    I got an email from NS today, stating for a limited time only save 50% off every order with auto delivery. Did anyone else get this? I am assuming it is for new members only.
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Jo....3 hours is a lot of OT! Always good to sleep well.
    I should start feeling better over time, thanks.
    I think NS lost track of me because I stopped purchasing so long ago. Just as well, trying to go less processed.
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking, much better walking conditions today than I have had for most of the week too. Temperatures in the 60s and it feels like the humidity is much lower too. I will probably be spending some of the day getting recycling ready for the run to the recycle center tomorrow. Not sure where the old Shredder goes, They will have to decide.

It's Friday
    Roger
    a06ycuozgjqa.jpg
    Good morning all
    Good for you, Irene. It's hard to work extra hours all the time....I was doing that for the last few years I worked and it wore me out!
    Roger, definitely would be easier to have extra arms and hands sometimes. :smiley: You're a trooper, walking in the rain. I used to love to walk in t-storms when I was young, I didn't realize they were dangerous, found it exhilarating. :)
    Jo, bet you're getting ready for that trip. How exciting!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    If it had been raining that hard when I started walking I would have stayed home and went back for more sleep :) The weatherman's new broadcast at 5AM showed the rain being gone form my area on the weather radar. It lied to me :)

I was fine until near the end when it started raining harder and my feet started getting wet.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    We didn't get much rain here. Sunny today. Another chance of rain tomorrow...brown lawns.
    Sad to remember what happened in 2001. We have a beautiful country. I hope and pray it stays that way.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    We had rain overnight and this morning. It is clearing now, but no sun.
    Started packing for our trip, only 4 more days,getting excited. :)
    Contractor is coming tomorrow to go over a few things. He wants to start next week.
    Have a good day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all, well it started to rain on our walk this morning so we cut it short well I have some house work to do take care
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, I forgot what you're getting done. Cool that they can do it while you're away. I know your trip will be fantastic. :)
    Irene, nice that you're getting Friday's off. :)
    Went to zumba this morning....it was a bit much, but I'm feeling better now. :)
    Enjoy the weekend, everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning....supposed to rain today, pretty gray out. Didn't get my cleaning done yesterday, so that looks to be on the schedule for today.
    Happy Weekend! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked earlier, Nice and cool. When I started out I could see the Stars, by the end of the walk the sky was covered by clouds. It looks like the predicted rain is on the way :)

My BWB arrived Yesterday and I put it in the freezer. As I was doing something else the desserts and lunches were just dumped in. I will have to put the melts in the Plastic containers later today. That makes it easier to get to things on the bottom of the freezer.

When I got back from the walk I loaded the recycling into the car and as soon as my slug a bed brother gets up to move his car, away I go.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    We didn't get much rain here. Sunny today. Another chance of rain tomorrow...brown lawns.
    Sad to remember what happened in 2001. We have a beautiful country. I hope and pray it stays that way.

Hi Vix
    I agree, I was working when it happened. As it happened we had a Dishnetwork satellite TV setup and could see it. I might have been happier only hearing about it TBH.

Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    We had rain overnight and this morning. It is clearing now, but no sun.
    Started packing for our trip, only 4 more days,getting excited. :)
    Contractor is coming tomorrow to go over a few things. He wants to start next week.
    Have a good day. :)

Hi Joanne
    Being a lazy type part of my packing would be buying new underclothes and sock to make them easy to pack. Then if the luggage were to go astray, Handy receipts for proof of contents.

Cheers
    Roger
    hi all, well it started to rain on our walk this morning so we cut it short well I have some house work to do take care

Hi Irene
    You had rain Friday? I may be losing my mind but I could swear it was nice here Friday.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good morning....supposed to rain today, pretty gray out. Didn't get my cleaning done yesterday, so that looks to be on the schedule for today.
    Happy Weekend! :)

Hi again
    Not looking good out. I want to get that recycling run done before it rains.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    It's been raining here for a while. Did some cleaning, will do some more tomorrow. Will just finish up the laundry today. Then done. :)