Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Good evening;
    Vix-we are having vinyl siding put on the house, a new roof, taking down the wall in between the kitchen and dining room, putting in a new kitchen window and replacing the window in the breezeway.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,112 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds great, Jo. It'll be just like new! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Nice and cool outside for my walk, When I came hope I opened the Front and back windows for some fresh air. Still nice and cool in the house at 72 degrees right now.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    It's been raining here for a while. Did some cleaning, will do some more tomorrow. Will just finish up the laundry today. Then done. :)

Hi Vix
    The rain ended fairly early. Everything was nice and dry by 5AM

Please do not remind me, I need to vacuum :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Vix-we are having vinyl siding put on the house, a new roof, taking down the wall in between the kitchen and dining room, putting in a new kitchen window and replacing the window in the breezeway.

Hi Joanne
    Is that a load bearing wall? If so I think I would request that they Photos showing the load bearing beam or I would want to be there. It sure does sound like a lot of work being done. You will end up with a whole new house!

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Cool here too. :) Going to a baby shower with my daughter today. The girls have been friends since elementary school...it's so nice they are all still friends, and I'm still friends with the Moms. :) It'll be a fun afternoon.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-have fun at the baby shower.
    Roger-It is not a load bearing wall. We have lived in the house for 30 years, it is time for a makeover. :)
    Drizzly and cool here too.
    Today is packing and moving things out of the way for the contractor.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    hi all,well it just started to rain here we had the roof off on our jeep had to hurry and put it on . Does not look like we will be having turkey burgers on the grill maybe I will cook them inside.Wow Jo a lot going on in your house is all the work going to be done while you are away? It was nice and cool on our walks today I actually got 2 walks in today. Vix have fun at the baby shower well going to go get some things ready for our trip take care
  • eku0
    Options
    The baby shower was a lot of fun. Saw all the girls and Moms, and there were a few babies there too. I'm going to miss you both Irene and Jo while you're gone, but I know you both need and deserve a wonderful vacation. I know you can't wait! :)
    I'm happy staying home for now, trying to relax and get back to feeling somewhat comfortable.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, It was cool on our walk this morning I actually wore a light jacket it is that weather where you need a jacket in the morning but warm in the afternoon I love this weather. Vix thank you I will miss getting on in the morning talking to you guys but I will be here till at least friday. I already started to get things ready to pack I usally just bring jeans and tee shirts nice and relaxing well gotta go take care all
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    It is cool here this morning too...I like this weather too. :) Went to yoga class, taking it slow. Have a massage this afternoon, which will be great.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I tested the weather this morning, said oh! 56 degrees, Then I went back in the house changed into long pants and a long sleeve shirt for this walk., thus out the door 10 minutes later than usual :)

I walked to the Barber Shop and back home 4.8 miles round trip, I could not have done it if I had not had to sit and wait for someone ahead of me and during the haircut :)
    My Alternate plan was My Brother would pick me up if/when I ran out of steam. I suspect I will be tired later on today.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-have fun at the baby shower.
    Roger-It is not a load bearing wall. We have lived in the house for 30 years, it is time for a makeover. :)
    Drizzly and cool here too.
    Today is packing and moving things out of the way for the contractor.

Hi Joanne
    One of the homes on out block has a PODs in the driveway where they packed it and locked it up before the contractor started working.

I think I have You beat, this house has been in the family since the 60s. As I remember the price for it, You might be able to get a cheap car for that amount now :) That tells You where inflation and home values are.

While I was out walking I passed a 76 gas station priced at $1.87 and 9/10ths for the regular gas cash price.

Good Luck
    Roger
    hi all,well it just started to rain here we had the roof off on our jeep had to hurry and put it on . Does not look like we will be having turkey burgers on the grill maybe I will cook them inside.Wow Jo a lot going on in your house is all the work going to be done while you are away? It was nice and cool on our walks today I actually got 2 walks in today. Vix have fun at the baby shower well going to go get some things ready for our trip take care
    good morning, It was cool on our walk this morning I actually wore a light jacket it is that weather where you need a jacket in the morning but warm in the afternoon I love this weather. Vix thank you I will miss getting on in the morning talking to you guys but I will be here till at least friday. I already started to get things ready to pack I usally just bring jeans and tee shirts nice and relaxing well gotta go take care all

Hi Irene
    At least it was not the heavy rain they had forecast here.

I was OK in Cargo Shorts and a T-shirt until this morning, 56 degrees, Not happening with the breeze too. Jeans and a long sleeve shirt today, and even then my hands felt a little cold.

Cheers
    Roger
    The baby shower was a lot of fun. Saw all the girls and Moms, and there were a few babies there too. I'm going to miss you both Irene and Jo while you're gone, but I know you both need and deserve a wonderful vacation. I know you can't wait! :)
    I'm happy staying home for now, trying to relax and get back to feeling somewhat comfortable.
    Good morning.
    It is cool here this morning too...I like this weather too. :) Went to yoga class, taking it slow. Have a massage this afternoon, which will be great.
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Vix
    The AC units are off for the time being :)

It sounds as if You had a good weekend and are having a great day today too. My one goal for the day was a haircut.

Have a Nice day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    Roger-That is a a great price for gas. 4.8 miles is awesome.
    Irene-They will start the work while we are away, but I think it will take more than 2 weeks to get all that work done.
    Vix-I am going to try and use my phone while I am away to keep in touch. I will post pictures to instagram and will try and post picts here with my sons help.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Nice walk, Roger! I had a really nice weekend. :) Hope you got a good haircut. :)
    Jo, that's fantastic. Hopefully they'll get a lot done while you're gone, at least inside the house, so you don't have to put up with all the mess, while you're in there. Even the work in the basement caused a lot of extra dust in my house. I'm so excited for you....only a couple more days! Have a great trip!!!
    Irene, only a few more days for you too! Yay! :)
    Have a good night everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,Roger are you sitting down? I actually found $20.00 bill on our walk today i feel rich now that is a good way to start the day! well on my way to work take care
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Great find, Irene....a reward for walking! :)
    Looks like it will be a beautiful day here.
    Have a good one, everyone. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Another cool morning out during the walk. 1 degree cooler than Yesterday in a nearby town according to News12 a Cable Only NJ channel, They also do a News12 in NY FWIW. I think I have figured out an inexpensive way to rebuild the steps for the side porch. The Grass will need mowing later this week too :(

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
    Good evening;
    Roger-That is a a great price for gas. 4.8 miles is awesome.
    Irene-They will start the work while we are away, but I think it will take more than 2 weeks to get all that work done.
    Vix-I am going to try and use my phone while I am away to keep in touch. I will post pictures to instagram and will try and post picts here with my sons help.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I could not have done it if I had not gone 2.3 miles to the Barber Shop than waited at the Diner on the corner, then walked to the bakery where I bought a Chocolate dipped with slivered Almonds Biscotti as a treat for my Brother and then back to the diner for more coffee until the barber shop opened up a little late, then 2.3 miles back to home. So I had two periods of sitting to recharge as a part of the walk :)

Good Luck using the phone
    Roger
    Nice walk, Roger! I had a really nice weekend. :) Hope you got a good haircut. :)
    Jo, that's fantastic. Hopefully they'll get a lot done while you're gone, at least inside the house, so you don't have to put up with all the mess, while you're in there. Even the work in the basement caused a lot of extra dust in my house. I'm so excited for you....only a couple more days! Have a great trip!!!
    Irene, only a few more days for you too! Yay! :)
    Have a good night everyone.

Hi Vix
    If I said it is a haircut, Short Regular. I'm happy, Now the hair is not over the top of the ears where it starts irritating me.

I wonder why they have not put up clear plastic to contain the dust. I have seen that done on TV Shows when they work on a home to contain the dust.

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning,Roger are you sitting down? I actually found $20.00 bill on our walk today i feel rich now that is a good way to start the day! well on my way to work take care

Hi Irene
    You got lucky, I only found 1 cent.

I am always siting down to read messages :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Great find, Irene....a reward for walking! :)
    Looks like it will be a beautiful day here.
    Have a good one, everyone. :smile:

Hi Vix
    It is a nice looking day, cold this morning and up to 80+ later on.
    I like that a reward for walking!

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi all,
    Irene-quite a find, your reward for getting your exercise. :)
    Vix-thank you, we are leaving tomorrow night. I am all packed. All I have left to do is drop the cats off at the vets and meet with the contractor one last time. :)
    Roger-my son and I text all the time, so I don't think I will have any problem. My son is my go to guy for computer stuff, so I will have help is need be. :)
    Have a great evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, I am so excited for you....have the best trip ever! :)
    Roger, they did put plastic up and covered the air intake in the basement too. Some dust always slips through. They are actually very clean for contractors. :) It's nice that it's all coming together.
    Only had time for some glazing and painting in clay class today. But I've got another pumpkin, a flower pot and 2 bowls in the kiln for next week.
    Pretty gorgeous weather this week. I love when it cools down in the evenings. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, Jo have a great trip enjoy your time with your familly.Well I went and found .36 cents I am having a great weekplus I went 3.40 miles. When ever we find money we always either put it in our piggy bank or put in in our envelop that I got from the bank I guess it is for a rainny day. WEll I cheated and got on the scale a day early It showed me a pound less so I have met my little goal yea! I went to the dr on munday I came down with a rash supper itchy he not sure what it is he thinks I came into something I was allergic to who knows but the meds he put he on seems to be giving me some relief I even have it on my feet now do you know hard it is trying to work and all you want to do is scratch your feet oh well hopefully today is easier well gotta goto work hope you all have a great day
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking at 5:23Am, 2.75 miles & 3 Cents. It is supposed to be warmer than Yesterday, My Hands still felt cold. I need to remember some light gloves for this type of weather. I also seem to walk faster when I am uncomfortable :)

I was semi cold today as Yesterday I was a bit warm at the end of the walk so today I left off the Sweatshirt :(

Have a Really Good Wednesday
    Roger
    Hi all,
    Irene-quite a find, your reward for getting your exercise. :)
    Vix-thank you, we are leaving tomorrow night. I am all packed. All I have left to do is drop the cats off at the vets and meet with the contractor one last time. :)
    Roger-my son and I text all the time, so I don't think I will have any problem. My son is my go to guy for computer stuff, so I will have help is need be. :)
    Have a great evening. :)

HI Joanne
    It sounds as if You have all Your bases covered.

Have a Safe and enjoyable Trip
    Roger
    Jo, I am so excited for you....have the best trip ever! :)
    Roger, they did put plastic up and covered the air intake in the basement too. Some dust always slips through. They are actually very clean for contractors. :) It's nice that it's all coming together.
    Only had time for some glazing and painting in clay class today. But I've got another pumpkin, a flower pot and 2 bowls in the kiln for next week.
    Pretty gorgeous weather this week. I love when it cools down in the evenings. :)

Hi Vix
    It will be time to bring out the Ceramic Pumpkin that mom did one year for Halloween, Then I need to try and remember where I put my little kettle. It uses ultrasonics to create a Fog on the surface. Somewhat like this one that I found on Google image search.
    2vj1zt9cytgc.jpg

Nice that You have a good contractor, I see some in my walking that leave a real mess!

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning, Jo have a great trip enjoy your time with your familly.Well I went and found .36 cents I am having a great weekplus I went 3.40 miles. When ever we find money we always either put it in our piggy bank or put in in our envelop that I got from the bank I guess it is for a rainny day. WEll I cheated and got on the scale a day early It showed me a pound less so I have met my little goal yea! I went to the dr on munday I came down with a rash supper itchy he not sure what it is he thinks I came into something I was allergic to who knows but the meds he put he on seems to be giving me some relief I even have it on my feet now do you know hard it is trying to work and all you want to do is scratch your feet oh well hopefully today is easier well gotta goto work hope you all have a great day

Hi Irene
    You are doing better than me at finding money, 3 Cents today for me.

I had a itchy rash on my legs up to the knees one year that drove me crazy. I ended up putting the salve on them, wrapping them in saran wrap to keep the salve there under the pants art work so I Know how miserable You must be feeling.

Good Luck, I hope it clears up quickly
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all,
    Bon voyage, Jo....have a wonderful trip!
    Irene, sorry about the rash, hope it clears up soon. I get occasional rashes for no apparent reason, and it's so annoying!
    Roger, we've been really lucky so far. :) I actually made 2 pumpkins in my clay class....I glazed the 2nd one and it's in the kiln this week. It'll be nice to put tea light candles in them for Halloween. :)
    Went to my body flow class this morning....it's getting harder for me to keep up, but luckily I can modify most of the moves and make it easier so I can do some of it. Very important to keep moving. :)
    Enjoy the beautiful weather, everyone.