Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, Jo. So Tea is dinner? Never did quite understand when that was supposed to be. :)
  • eku0
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Good morning.
    Well, it was too cloudy here to see the lunar eclipse last night....oh well.
    Still dark, but I think it's supposed to be pretty cloudy all day today too.
    Yoga class later this morning, massage this afternoon.ahhhhh. :)
    Wishing you all a wonderful day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,124 Member
    Options
    hi all back from vacation don't have time to read the post just wanted to say hi
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Irene....I know you must have had a great vacation! Yay! :) Nice for us to have you back. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I walked again today, I dropped the long sleeve shirt since it was in the 60s today, a 12 degree increase in temperature from Yesterdays 50s.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Hi
    It is 5pm here. Today we went to the British war museum and the John Ryland library..very beautiful. We are back at the hotel recharging before we head out to dinner or tea as the British call it.

Hi Joanne
    I always thought of the British Tea as a Mid Morning or mid afternoon snack with Tea and Biscuits or pastries, The English biscuits are Cookies to us as I understand it.

It sounds as if You are having a blast too.
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Well, it was too cloudy here to see the lunar eclipse last night....oh well.
    Still dark, but I think it's supposed to be pretty cloudy all day today too.
    Yoga class later this morning, massage this afternoon.ahhhhh. :)
    Wishing you all a wonderful day. :)

Hi Vix
    I went and looked at 9:30, clouds in sight and nothing else, My Brother then went and looked to see if they had shifted enough to see the Blood Moon, Nada, Zilch, Nothing, Nope, No Way :( Now I guess I need to live til the next one and hope the clouds are not in the way :)

Cheers
    Roger
    hi all back from vacation don't have time to read the post just wanted to say hi

Hi Irene
    I hope Your vacation was relaxing and enjoyable.
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Irene- I hope you had a great vacation.
    Today we took the train to llandudno a seaside town in Wales. We have one more day, then back to reality.
    Not sure what we are doing tomorrow, but I know it will involve a lot of walking.
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, your vacation sounds amazing! You are really seeing/doing a lot! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, Jo it sounds like you are having a great time.I really enjoyed the vacation I eat all kinds of bad stuff like pizza and ice cream gained 6 pounds so now I am back on my diet to loose those 6 pounds well need to go to work have a great day
  • eku0
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Good morning!
    Irene, probably a lot of that is fluid, should come off quickly if you get right back on track. :) Glad you had a wonderful vacation. :)
    I was up 4 pounds in the last couple of weeks...yikes. Autumn gives me an appetite! Stuck with mostly veggies yesterday and some of the puff is starting to come down. My weight is still bouncing.
    Very gray and foggy here this morning. Clay class today. Yay!
    Enjoy the day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Humid and hazy during the walk this morning + 11 cents, 67 to 69 degrees depending on the source of the Temp reading. On my walk I passed two new graveyards that were not there last week. The first one had ghosts all over the gravestones and the second one had Zombies and Skeletons halfway out of the ground :)

Then When I got home from the walk I had a burst of energy and Put the Window in the side doors storm door, Pulled the AC and closed the Storm Window and did the Front bedroom window, putting the screen up and the Glass in. Now I am ready for the forecast heave rains overnight into Tomorrow :)

Yup Halloween is coming. Those are the first Halloween decorations I have seen. Yesterday I saw one house that had Christmas light lit too. It seems early since the leafs on the trees are just starting to turn.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Irene- I hope you had a great vacation.
    Today we took the train to llandudno a seaside town in Wales. We have one more day, then back to reality.
    Not sure what we are doing tomorrow, but I know it will involve a lot of walking.

Hi Joanne
    It sounds as if You getting Your moneys worth out of You vacation. They sure have funny town names in Wales :)

Have a Great Day today and Tomorrow
    Roger
    good morning, Jo it sounds like you are having a great time.I really enjoyed the vacation I eat all kinds of bad stuff like pizza and ice cream gained 6 pounds so now I am back on my diet to loose those 6 pounds well need to go to work have a great day

Hi Irene
    I agree with Vix, Most likely a lot of that is fluid retention. You would have had to eat a large Pizza or a 1/2 Gallon of Ice Cream to put that much on during Your vacation.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Irene, probably a lot of that is fluid, should come off quickly if you get right back on track. :) Glad you had a wonderful vacation. :)
    I was up 4 pounds in the last couple of weeks...yikes. Autumn gives me an appetite! Stuck with mostly veggies yesterday and some of the puff is starting to come down. My weight is still bouncing.
    Very gray and foggy here this morning. Clay class today. Yay!
    Enjoy the day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    My weight fluctuates from day to day, as long as the overall trend is downward I do not let it bother me.
    For example, I was up a quarter pound from yesterday, not a biggie. Tomorrow I may be up or down further :)

It was hazy outside this morning too.

Have a nice day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Raining today...I switched out my summer door wreath for the Fall/Halloween door wreath this morning. Getting into October, time to leave summer behind. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning down 2 pounds hopefully the rest follows well on my way to work , walked in the rain this morning really nice
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    We had a downpour last night....lawn looks greener already!
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It Rained Yesterday then stopped, then rained overnight. When I checked it this morning the rain had stopped so I went out walking. I got 1 block and it started misting, By the time I reached the Quick Chek for my Coffee it was a light rain :) Then when I left it had stopped again so I kept going. On the return leg it started drizzling again so I pulled on the Frogg Toggs, 4 blocks later it stopped again, 2.9 miles walked, 74 and Humid when I started at 5:26 AM, the only saving thing was the nice breeze. According to the local News12 Cable Channel we had 1.5" + overnight of rain. Other areas less and more :)

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger
    good morning down 2 pounds hopefully the rest follows well on my way to work , walked in the rain this morning really nice

Hi Irene
    Congratulation on Your Loss.

I got lucky walking, I only needed the rain gear for a short time. It was not that comfortable in the rain gear as that blocked the nice breeze :(

Good Luck with the remainder
    Roger
    Good morning.
    We had a downpour last night....lawn looks greener already!
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Vix
    I am not sure how hard it came down overnight, I slept through it. It rained Tuesday Afternoon then nothing until after I went off to bed.

That is the problem with rain, it makes that green strandy weed (Grass or Lawn) grow :)

Enjoy the day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Congrats on the 2 pounds down, Irene.
    Roger, hubs planted a bunch of things yesterday....they didn't get washed away, so we're good. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning went for our wlk it was nice and cool love this weather.I think I am a fall kinda person it was 66 when I walked. Well keep your fingers crossed that I don't have to work tomorrow they have been having over time all week hope they got caught up. well need to go have a great day
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, keeping my fingers crossed for you that they're all caught up, so you don't have to work OT tomorrow. :)
    Rainy and windy here this morning.
    Have gained a couple of stubborn pounds back. Would like to get rid of them before all the holidays start!
    Going to painting class today, working on a couple of small watercolors.
    Have a good day everyone...stay dry. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi
    When I left the house at 5:23 it was 19 degrees cooler than yesterday and breezy. I remembered the Long sleeve shirt, I forgot to being gloves and had cold hands the entire walk :(
    I did pick up 4+ pounds of Black walnuts on the return leg. I cracked a few that had been run over by cars and the thus the green shell was gone exposing the Inner shell. They look OK despite being smallish in size this year compared to other years. I suspect that may be due to The Mild drought conditions.

I got my BBB Yesterday, No sign or indication that the BWB has shipped.

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger

P.S. I posted this yesterday:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10261815/nutrisystem-packaging-changing-plus-one-substitution
    good morning went for our wlk it was nice and cool love this weather.I think I am a fall kinda person it was 66 when I walked. Well keep your fingers crossed that I don't have to work tomorrow they have been having over time all week hope they got caught up. well need to go have a great day

Hi Irene
    What a difference a few miles make. a 19 degree cooler than yesterday here and in the mid 50s and breezy.

Good Luck with time off from work
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, keeping my fingers crossed for you that they're all caught up, so you don't have to work OT tomorrow. :)
    Rainy and windy here this morning.
    Have gained a couple of stubborn pounds back. Would like to get rid of them before all the holidays start!
    Going to painting class today, working on a couple of small watercolors.
    Have a good day everyone...stay dry. :smile:

Hi Vix
    Dry weather here at least. It looks like the upcoming storm will hit both of us this time.

Good Luck with those stubborn pounds
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks Roger. I'm pretty frustrated with my weight. Just so hard to keep the calories low enough for me. I don't burn it off easily.
    It's been raining all day and looks like it will continue through Saturday. But it's supposed to warm up a little after that. We really needed the rain, the grass is almost all green again.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    We got home around 7 last night. We started our journey home at 5am. We had to catch the 7:30 train from Manchester to London, then take the underground to the airport. The flight was about 45 mins delayed, but we made good time and landed at Logan around 3:15. We then had to wait for the shuttle bus to take us to Braintree which is a 40 min. drive, so we could pick up our car. Then it was off to the vet. Vinny was kind of listless and just not himself, so he had to be checked out by the vet before he could go home. He had developed diarrhea the day before and was being treated for it. The vet took a urine test and Vinny's sugar was a little elevated,so he decided
    to do a blood test to see if his diabetes was back. We had to wait until today for the results. Good news-no diabetes.
    bad news he has pancreatitis. So besides the antiobiotics, I have to give him an injection for the next 4 days.
    The contractor hasn't been able to start the roof because of the weather. I have a big piece of plywood over the rough opening for the window. The window won't be in until the first of the week. I was hoping the inside work and the roof would be finished when I got home.
    Irene-Congrats on losing 2 lbs. I am surprised to say that I didn't gain anything on vacation. I tried to make good choices. I did have fish and chips and a steak and ale pie with mashed potatoes and a hominy pie(which is potatoes, onions and cheese in pastry. I guess all the walking we did helped to burn off the calories.
    Roger-What are you going to do with the walnuts? I keep nuts for baking in the freezer. They seem to keep better this way. I will toast them a little to bring out the flavor if I had them for a long time.
    Vix-I saw a lot of foxes in he UKon mugs, stuffed animals, tote bags. Every time I saw one I thought of your little fox in your signature. :)
    Wow, I seem to have written a short novel, sorry for being so long winded.
    Have a great evening.