Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    hi all just wanted to see how everyone is doing going to mass in a few have a great night
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    The weather was beautiful for the craft show yesterday, never did find my friend's booth! It's always fun to look around and see what people are making. :)
    Looks like another beautiful day and will probably go to the park for a walk later. Haven't done my cleaning yet this weekend, so need to do some of that too....will minimize it!
    Have a happy Sunday! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I walked today, 12 cents too :)
    It was 36 degrees in a nearby town, Somerville NJ. The weather forecast is for it to double that temperature for a Daytime high today.

2015 Weekend Journey through the Past
    http://www.co.somerset.nj.us/schistoryweekend/
    I will most likely be heading here later today and talking to Francine.
    http://www.co.somerset.nj.us/schistoryweekend/pdf/2015 Participating Historic Sites.pdf

On the walk I took a new route for part of it and flexed part of my breakfast. This is what I did
    White Castle Breakfast slider w/ Bacon, Egg, Cheese:
    Serving Size 84g, 210 Calories, Protein 1g, Fat12g, Total Carb 13g, Sodium510 mg, Fat Calories 110, Sat Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 180mg, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g

From Here: http://www.nutrition-charts.com/white-castle-nutrition-facts-calorie-information/
    Then I sat down and removed most of the Bread from the top of the bun, put the Egg, Cheese & Bacon on what was left of the Bun, And threw away the bottom of the bun and ate it as a open face sandwich. I am thinking removing 2/3rds of the bun that way brought the calorie down pretty good. It was the first White Castle anything since the end of 2013 too.

I think that was a fairly successful Flex?

Then I had My banana and a NutriSystem Strawberry Protein Shake when I got home from the Produce store.
    I picked up 1 Lettuce for me and two for my Brother, And for him some nice White Mushrooms, a Zuchinni, 4 Cortland Apples and a box of cherry tomatoes. That 10 Pounds 12 ounces total weight of the backpack & Contents, It sure felt heavy heading home from there too. Hard to believe I used to carry a lot more everywhere :)

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning....a lot cooler than yesterday. Only supposed to get up to 63 today, but the sun is shining, so I'm happy. :)

Hi Vix
    I listed my proposed afternoon jaunt above if curious.
    It was cold this morning, I ended up wearing a T-Shirt, A knitted Long Sleeve Shirt and a Sweatshirt as well as using Leather Work Gloves with Brown Jersey gloves inside as a insulated lining. By the time I left the produce store around 8:30 it had warmed up enough that I left the gloves in my pocket.

Supposed to get up to the Mid 70s from a low overnight of 36 degrees, Hmmm, Some swing in Temps.

Cheers
    Roger
    hi all just wanted to see how everyone is doing going to mass in a few have a great night

Hi Irene
    Now that I am getting out the door later I can swing by the church and catch the 8AM weekday/Saturday Mass on the return loop as I head towards home.

Enjoy the weekend
    Roger
    Good morning.
    The weather was beautiful for the craft show yesterday, never did find my friend's booth! It's always fun to look around and see what people are making. :)
    Looks like another beautiful day and will probably go to the park for a walk later. Haven't done my cleaning yet this weekend, so need to do some of that too....will minimize it!
    Have a happy Sunday! :)

Hi Again
    I was thinking of Vacuuming, then decided what with the walk and Produce shopping and then the 2015 Weekend Journey through the Past that it will wait til Monday or Tuesday :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Roger-have fun journeying through the past.
    Vix-I like going to craft shows and looking at all the items people make. It is great for ideas.
    Hi Irene..
    I worked this morning. Hubby stopped by about 9:45 and asked if I wanted to go out to breakfast. Of course, I said yes. I didn't eat anything before I went to work. I just wasn't hungry then. I had a two egg omelet with cheese and marble rye toast. I ate half and brought the other half home for tomorrow.
    Other than doing laundry, I haven't any plans.
    Enjoy the day! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Sounds like a good morning so far, Jo. Good day to just enjoy the beautiful weather. :)
    Roger, have fun on your historical walking tour.
    We went for a walk in the park, and I cleaned one bathroom and the floors in the front hall, study and dining room. May do some more later...maybe. I will probably do laundry, and there's a football game to watch.
    I made myself a spinach egg with a little salsa for breakfast this morning. It was good, pretty filling. :)
    Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, it was a little chilly this morningbut you all know i like it that way. I have work today but George will be home oh well we had a really nice weekend but of course I couldn't sleep I even took an aleve pm and that didn't help well off to work I go have a nice day
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Irene, sorry you're not sleeping well. Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.
    It looks pretty out....just a tinge of orange in the east so far. I'm enjoying the cooler weather too. :)
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Indig.PeoplesDay.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Somewhat warmer than Yesterday during my walk & 2 Cents, Still cold overnight in the 40s due to the clear sky, That is also why it is warming up quickly with the sun up now.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Roger-have fun journeying through the past.
    Vix-I like going to craft shows and looking at all the items people make. It is great for ideas.
    Hi Irene..
    I worked this morning. Hubby stopped by about 9:45 and asked if I wanted to go out to breakfast. Of course, I said yes. I didn't eat anything before I went to work. I just wasn't hungry then. I had a two egg omelet with cheese and marble rye toast. I ate half and brought the other half home for tomorrow.
    Other than doing laundry, I haven't any plans.
    Enjoy the day! :)

Hi Joanne
    We were out of the house for 2 3/4 hours as it was nearby. It turned out to be not so much of a walking thing as that they were using rooms in the house with tours. House goes back before the revolutionary war, George Washington spent on season there and there were 10,000 troops in the surrounding area. A Talk at the start, Then a 4 horse race with Stick horses You could bet on using replica money they provided. A Demonstration of a dance from then that everybody participated in. Another talk where we all threw dice to see what Job we would have had, My Luck Hessian Prisoner. Then free Root Beer or bottled water in the tavern room with assorted games of the period.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Sounds like a good morning so far, Jo. Good day to just enjoy the beautiful weather. :)
    Roger, have fun on your historical walking tour.
    We went for a walk in the park, and I cleaned one bathroom and the floors in the front hall, study and dining room. May do some more later...maybe. I will probably do laundry, and there's a football game to watch.
    I made myself a spinach egg with a little salsa for breakfast this morning. It was good, pretty filling. :)
    Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Hi Vix
    Not so much a walking tour. See Above, I'm being lazy today and reusing.

Not to much on my plate for the day. Nothing planned to do at all.

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning, it was a little chilly this morningbut you all know i like it that way. I have work today but George will be home oh well we had a really nice weekend but of course I couldn't sleep I even took an aleve pm and that didn't help well off to work I go have a nice day

Hi Irene
    Chilly here too.
    Have a Good Day at work
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Went to yoga class and got a massage, went to the fabric store with my daughter who was gathering items to make a Fall wreath and other decorations. It was fun. I got a grapevine wreath for this year's winter wreath. I have some pine cones and just have to decide what else I want to put on it! :)
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, wow you all are doing so much I am just happy to get home from work actually mon -thur that is all I do I don't plan on any thing fridays are my days to get things done. If I don't have work on friday I am going to gave lunch with a girl friend we try to have lunch every couple of months but some times work gets in the way.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi all,
    I checked in yesterday, wrote a post and I guess I forgot to hit post reply. :o
    Vix-You are so creative. :)
    It is raining and foggy this morning. My new window is supposed to in today. I hope it is ready, I really miss looking out the kitchen window, now I am just staring at plywood.
    The contractors worked on shoring up the garage, putting up a new header board yesterday. Today is the new window and finishing the opening between the dining room and kitchen.
    I am going to get a flu shot today and go shopping for new boots.
    Have a good day. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Irene, I hope you have off Friday....it's always so much fun getting together with old friends. :)
    Jo, I hope your window goes in today. Sounds like they are getting so much done on your house. I'm sure it's going to be amazing. :) My kitchen looks out over my morning room, so there are lots of windows. I love the light. My old house had one tiny window over the kitchen sink. Have fun boot shopping. :)
    I have clay class today. It's very cloudy out, so good that I have indoor activity planned. :)
    Enjoy your day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I had sad news yesterday. Shirl from the 100+ message thread who currently posted in it here and for quite a while in the old NutriSystems Forum thread has passed away.

Obit from here:
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/news-herald/obituary.aspx?n=shirley-m-petrasko-bitsko&pid=176090020&fhid=2424

I'm not feeling like posting today
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hugs, Roger, so sorry for your loss.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, roger sorry for the loss of a friend.yesterday was a long day for me our sorter at work broke so we had no work for like 7 hours not looking good for friday sure don't want to do ot but I will if I have to well need to go to work take care
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Nice pinky orange clouds in the east.
    Hope you catch up at work so you don't have to work Friday, Irene!
    Going to body flow class today.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking today, Second day, no money found. The weather is not too bad today, sweatshirt and light gloves only.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning, roger sorry for the loss of a friend.yesterday was a long day for me our sorter at work broke so we had no work for like 7 hours not looking good for friday sure don't want to do ot but I will if I have to well need to go to work take care

Hi Irene
    I guess the good side is that You had 7 hours of no work, The downside is that now it will have to be made up somehow.

Have a Good Day at Work
    Roger
    Hugs, Roger, so sorry for your loss.

Hi Vix
    Thank You
    Good morning.
    Nice pinky orange clouds in the east.
    Hope you catch up at work so you don't have to work Friday, Irene!
    Going to body flow class today.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    It was a reminder of why I started NS, Not to look good but to feel good & healthy.

Today looks OK, The Sun does keep going behind clouds of course but better that then rain.

I am thinking of going by the Dollar Store tomorrow towards the end of my walk and Picking up a bunch of $1 small Scarecrows mounted on sticks assuming they have not sold out to line the sidewalk from the street for Trick Or Treaters as a positive message that we are handing out this year too.

Enjoy the class
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening;
    Roger-Sorry for the loss of your friend.
    The window come in today and should be installed tomorrow.
    Irene-I hope you don't have to work Friday.
    Hi Vix
    I was just listening to the news and they said it has snowed twice in northern Maine already. They didn't say how much though.
    Anyone watching the debate tonight? I don't think I can stay awake.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I don't really have the heart to watch the debates. This race is so disappointing. I'll probably wait til the crowd thins and take a look at the bios after that.
    It is chilling off, took my oregano in yesterday, hubs has been winterizing the garden.
    How nice that you're getting your winow in today, Jo, I'm sure it'll be great.
    Roger, looking better is a great side effect of feeling better. :)
    Off to painting class. Have a great day, everyone. :)