Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    hi all , coming down with a head cold decided to take the day off there is no way I can work like this, so far for our team we didn't have ot not going in any way. Roger it is always hard when we lose a friend many hugs well I think I am going back to bed take care everyone
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    On todays walk I started out later than usual so I could go to the dollar store. I picked up 10 Halloween decorations and put them up as I get ready for the holiday. They also had Christmas decorations for sale already.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good Evening;
    Roger-Sorry for the loss of your friend.
    The window come in today and should be installed tomorrow.
    Irene-I hope you don't have to work Friday.
    Hi Vix
    I was just listening to the news and they said it has snowed twice in northern Maine already. They didn't say how much though.
    Anyone watching the debate tonight? I don't think I can stay awake.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Good Luck with the window. I watched some of the debate, It was a snoozer to me, Softball questions too.

It has snowed out west already too.

Thank You
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    I don't really have the heart to watch the debates. This race is so disappointing. I'll probably wait til the crowd thins and take a look at the bios after that.
    It is chilling off, took my oregano in yesterday, hubs has been winterizing the garden.
    How nice that you're getting your winow in today, Jo, I'm sure it'll be great.
    Roger, looking better is a great side effect of feeling better. :)
    Off to painting class. Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It is a great side effect for sure :)

The Candidate in the Democratic race appears to have been already chosen by the party. It seems they do not want debates either.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    Options
    Well, I just hope we have a choice somewhere in the middle.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I hope you feel better.
    Vix-I am not a big fan of any of the candidates.
    My window is in. New recessed lights still need to be installed and the trim around the window. It is going a little slower than I thought it should, but I would rather the contractor take his time and do it right.
    I am on vacation next week. I have nothing planned. I usually do my fall cleaning, but I will wait until the house is finished. I still have another week's vacation and 3 personnel days to take before the end of the year.
    Enjoy the rest of the day. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, I'm not either. Glad your window is in! Yay! I hope you do something fun with your week off. :)
    Have a good evening everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,well I am feeling better the head cold seemed to left as far as I know we don't have ot since I didn't go in yesterday I won't be charged for the time off. So my weekend started a day earlier I did feel guility taking the day off I normally work threw it but glad I did. Really don't have that much planned,hope you all have a nice day
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, relax and enjoy it! :)
    Zumba this morning for me.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi
    I got out walking today, I'm showing 9300 steps on the Fitbit zip.

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
    Well, I just hope we have a choice somewhere in the middle.

Hi Vix
    Maybe we'll get Lucky :)
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I hope you feel better.
    Vix-I am not a big fan of any of the candidates.
    My window is in. New recessed lights still need to be installed and the trim around the window. It is going a little slower than I thought it should, but I would rather the contractor take his time and do it right.
    I am on vacation next week. I have nothing planned. I usually do my fall cleaning, but I will wait until the house is finished. I still have another week's vacation and 3 personnel days to take before the end of the year.
    Enjoy the rest of the day. :)

Hi Joanne
    I find it hard to believe any of the candidates have fans. It may come down to a choice of vote for the best of a poor selection or not vote and since I believe that outcome is not a good one I'll vote whatever.
    That disenchantment with the process may be one of both parties goals.

Enjoy Your Vacation and I Hope they finish soon.
    Roger
    good morning,well I am feeling better the head cold seemed to left as far as I know we don't have ot since I didn't go in yesterday I won't be charged for the time off. So my weekend started a day earlier I did feel guility taking the day off I normally work threw it but glad I did. Really don't have that much planned,hope you all have a nice day

Hi Irene
    I usually worked through it too, however for the last several years I was also the only at that location so I sort of had to and did not have to worry about someone else catching whatever I had.

Enjoy the weekend
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, relax and enjoy it! :)
    Zumba this morning for me.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    Have a Great Day and enjoy Your Zumba
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well today I have a 9 :00 teeth cleaning then I have an apt with jeep to get my back window fixed it doesn't want to go down so the part is in hope it doesn't take too long. Well I got my whole house clean love how it looks when it is cleanwell hope you all have a nice day
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Sounds like a busy day Irene!
    Hope you're enjoying your new window, Jo!
    Roger, hope you had a nice walk.
    Sunny and chilly here.
    Kids are coming later this morning to get the couch downstairs for us. I managed to make the cover for one of the pillows yesterday. I'll see if I can work on the other 2 today. May go for a walk later, hoping it warms up a little. :)
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Took my new Inexpensive Digital Camera, $29 + Tax at Walmart, with me walking this morning. I did have to get a SD card for it so I used a 16Gb from a defunct Digital Camera that Got exposed to salt air at the shore. I have posted some images from around town and Some Halloween pictures. Feel free to add Your Own Halloween images.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10270373/halloween-pictures?new=1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10270374/our-little-lake-in-town

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    good morning, well today I have a 9 :00 teeth cleaning then I have an apt with jeep to get my back window fixed it doesn't want to go down so the part is in hope it doesn't take too long. Well I got my whole house clean love how it looks when it is clean well hope you all have a nice day

Hi Irene
    I wish I had Your energy...

Good Luck at Jeep & the Dentist
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Sounds like a busy day Irene!
    Hope you're enjoying your new window, Jo!
    Roger, hope you had a nice walk.
    Sunny and chilly here.
    Kids are coming later this morning to get the couch downstairs for us. I managed to make the cover for one of the pillows yesterday. I'll see if I can work on the other 2 today. May go for a walk later, hoping it warms up a little. :)
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It seems to be warming up nicely, still only going into the low 60s today, Dang Arctic Air.

have a Good Walk
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Irene-good luck at the dentist and car dealer.
    Vix-I hope it warms up for your walk.
    Roger-Your pictures were great.
    I just got home from work and am waiting for my daughter to come over. We are going to check out the new supermarket Wegmann's that opened last week in our area.
    Contractor said he will be starting the siding on Tuesday. I am anxious to see what everything will look like when finished.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jo, I like Wegman's.....there are a couple I can get to, but they're kind of far for regular shopping. I make a special trip once in a while. :)
    It didn't warm up much past mid 50s yesterday and today is only supposed to get up to high 40s, so it doesn't look like a good walk day either, unless the sun comes out really strongly! Supposed to warm up after today. Did end up buying a chair and ottoman for the basement yesterday at TJMaxx, pretty nice and comfortable. :)
    Fun pictures, Roger. :)
    Irene hope the dentist and dealer went well.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options

Hi
    It was unseasonably cold outside today, 36 Degrees in a nearby town and 36 degrees on the front porch too.
    I was not sure how far I would walk today, I had a suspicion I might pick up a coffee and Boomerang back home however I did carry on and finish my walk.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Good afternoon,
    Irene-good luck at the dentist and car dealer.
    Vix-I hope it warms up for your walk.
    Roger-Your pictures were great.
    I just got home from work and am waiting for my daughter to come over. We are going to check out the new supermarket Wegmann's that opened last week in our area.
    Contractor said he will be starting the siding on Tuesday. I am anxious to see what everything will look like when finished.

Hi Joanne
    We have a Wegmans in the area, I know because we get their circular each week. Prices did not look that impressive to me, I will be curious how You made out there.

Thank You for the kind words
    Good Luck with the siding
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Jo, I like Wegman's.....there are a couple I can get to, but they're kind of far for regular shopping. I make a special trip once in a while. :)
    It didn't warm up much past mid 50s yesterday and today is only supposed to get up to high 40s, so it doesn't look like a good walk day either, unless the sun comes out really strongly! Supposed to warm up after today. Did end up buying a chair and ottoman for the basement yesterday at TJMaxx, pretty nice and comfortable. :)
    Fun pictures, Roger. :)
    Irene hope the dentist and dealer went well.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    We are supposed to get up to 70 or so on Thursday, One more day in the chilly air and then a warming trend.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Wegmann's was really crowded. The prices were higher than Shaws (where I work). They had a lot of prepared foods
    that you cook at home. I bought cod with spaghetti vegetables. A sauce comes with it to put over the fish before you cook it. I think I will omit the sauce and add some Mrs. Dash instead.
    I start my vacation from work today. I plan on cleaning closets and maybe tackling the attic this week.
    Enjoy the day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all , jeep is fixed and teeth are cleaned having a relaxing day talk to everyone tomorrow
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,jo enjoy your vacation I love the ones where you can stay home they are the most relaxing but I end up doing a lot of cleaning. It was really cold this morning on our walk I had hat and gloves on and I put my hood up on my jacket It waslike 37 thats a little chilly well gotta go roger loved the pictures
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Irene-It was 29 degrees here this morning. My car is covered in frost.
    I got my 3 mega miles in with Leslie this morning. Taking a little break to eat my oatmeal and then I am going to start cleaning the attic. There is so much junk up there that I have been saving in case I might use it again. If I haven't used in the last couple of years I am getting rid of it.
    Hi Vix and Roger.
    Wishing everyone a great day! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Frosty here too.
    Jo, you are so ambitious! It's good to purge every so often. I still have things in the basement I haven't unpacked! Haha, that tells you something!
    Off to yoga class in a few minutes.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Temperature was showing 29 degrees on the closed in front porch when I left the house this morning, nearby town was at 23 degrees, Brrr...
    I decided to shorten my walk today, 2.36 miles, when despite three layers of gloves My fingers were hurting from the cold. That would be leather gloves with a thin flannel lining and over those two layers of Brown Jersey gloves.

I picked up a coffee for my brother on the way back home. Currently the 7 Eleven refill is $1.34 which is what I paid on the outbound leg and then I got him a nice new cup and the price on that is currently $1.92 with tax down from a earlier this year $2.13.

Happy Monday
    Roger
    Good afternoon,
    Wegmann's was really crowded. The prices were higher than Shaws (where I work). They had a lot of prepared foods
    that you cook at home. I bought cod with spaghetti vegetables. A sauce comes with it to put over the fish before you cook it. I think I will omit the sauce and add some Mrs. Dash instead.
    I start my vacation from work today. I plan on cleaning closets and maybe tackling the attic this week.
    Enjoy the day. :)

Hi Joanne
    I have noticed a large variation in prices between grocery store around here too.
    hi all , jeep is fixed and teeth are cleaned having a relaxing day talk to everyone tomorrow
    good morning,jo enjoy your vacation I love the ones where you can stay home they are the most relaxing but I end up doing a lot of cleaning. It was really cold this morning on our walk I had hat and gloves on and I put my hood up on my jacket It was like 37 thats a little chilly well gotta go roger loved the pictures

Hi Irene
    Darned cold here too, I ended up with a shorter walk as a result. OTOH I suspect a higher CPM usage due to the cold. CPM = Calories Per Mile :)

Thank You for the feedback
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Irene-It was 29 degrees here this morning. My car is covered in frost.
    I got my 3 mega miles in with Leslie this morning. Taking a little break to eat my oatmeal and then I am going to start cleaning the attic. There is so much junk up there that I have been saving in case I might use it again. If I haven't used in the last couple of years I am getting rid of it.
    Hi Vix and Roger.
    Wishing everyone a great day! :)

Hi Again
    Today was the first morning I have seen frost on the cars in our driveway or on the lawn. I guess that is the end of the fresh tomatoes. :(

Since You mention the Attic have You seen this show, Attic Gold?
    Attic Gold is a television series airing on the DIY Network. The show follows Eric Myers and his family-owned business Junk, Junk, Baby! out of Ipswich, Massachusetts, which offers "clean-outs" of any attic or other space free of charge, but just as long as they can recycle, re-purpose and re-sell any valuables they find in the process. After the job is done, they turn the attic into a usable room for their clients. The show airs on Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m. EST

Is Ipswich anywhere near You?

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Frosty here too.
    Jo, you are so ambitious! It's good to purge every so often. I still have things in the basement I haven't unpacked! Haha, that tells you something!
    Off to yoga class in a few minutes.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I'm still trying to get the Basement purged here. Some days enthusiasm to get started is lacking :)

Have a Really good day & Enjoy the Yoga class
    Roger