Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. :)
    Food shopping is on my agenda for today, also a stop at the vet to give them Vinny's BG levels from yesterday.
    I plan on walking outside today. I spent a lot of yesterday in the house, checking Vinny's levels every 2 hours.
    Enjoy the day! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Have fun getting your nails done, Irene....I'm going with my daughter tomorrow, should be fun. :)
    Jo, I hope Vinny's doing ok. It's a beautiful day, great for a walk.
    Roger, hope you're having a good day. :)
    I went to zumba class today, and will find something fun to do later. :)
    Enjoy this beautiful weather while we can. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I got out later than usual, weather was nice except when the intermittent breeze was blowing. I did take a different route that worked out to be 2.73 miles. I took the camera with me and when I went to use it, Son of a gun, The memory card was still in the computer, oops :)

I spent part of the morning vacuum sealing some home made Italian sausage my brother made, Foods keep so much better that way. In that respect the Food Saver commercials are true, Cost savings depend on how much waste You Seal up, The Consumable supplies are not that cheap so many things are not a candidate for that.

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Jo%2520-%2520funky%2520flower%2520cake%25201.jpg
    And Happy Birthday to hubby too....sounds like you had a good night. :) Glad your new door is installed!
    Roger, my house stays chilly in this weather....had to open windows to let the warm air in. :)

Hi Vix
    My Brother likes it cool brrr...

He still has the bedroom window open :)

I spend mush of the day in the basement on that computer and doing other things, I need to get shredding again for example. It is the warmest part of the house in the cool weather and the coolest part of the house in the summer :)

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning, happy birthday Jo and hubby sounds like you had fun. Today I am off not much planned going to get my nails and and food shopping. I did my walk this morning got in 3 miles which is normal the weather here is really nice but I think I heard it is going to get cold tonight oh well not much we can do about that

Hi Irene
    I think the overnight forecast is in the 40s, definitely a change for the worse IMO

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. :)
    Food shopping is on my agenda for today, also a stop at the vet to give them Vinny's BG levels from yesterday.
    I plan on walking outside today. I spent a lot of yesterday in the house, checking Vinny's levels every 2 hours.
    Enjoy the day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I bet Vinny was not a happy camper with all the measuring.

Good Luck at the Vet
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning. There was a beautiful sunrise this morning. I do like it a little bit cool, but not looking forward to the cold of winter. I would love to find some place where the temperature stays between 50 and 75 all the time! :)
    Enjoy the weekend everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Vix-I think Hawaii might be nice. :)
    The vet said Vinny's #'s looked good, test in another week or 2 and then if #'s are good, he may only have to have isulin once a day.
    Have a good day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Went walking today & 25 Cents right up the street from my house.

It was a bit chilly this morning, Still only 48 degrees at 10:30AM Too.

Have a Nice Weekend
    Roger
    Good morning. There was a beautiful sunrise this morning. I do like it a little bit cool, but not looking forward to the cold of winter. I would love to find some place where the temperature stays between 50 and 75 all the time! :)
    Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Hi Vix
    Not a problem, just migrate north or south with the seasons :)

I was afraid it would be cold walking but getting out the door at 7:30AM now that cooler weather is here works for now, I was getting out the door at 5:20 to 5:25 during the heat of Summer to avoid the heat and the heat from the Sun, Now with cooler weather the Suns heat feels good.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Vix-I think Hawaii might be nice. :)
    The vet said Vinny's #'s looked good, test in another week or 2 and then if #'s are good, he may only have to have isulin once a day.
    Have a good day. :)

Hi Joanne
    The problem with Hawaii is most things have to be brought in and thus are costly.

Good News on Vinny's numbers
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    hi all, nothning new just loving this weather actually slept in till 5 am normally up at 3 well take care Roger I found 1 cent today so I am up a penny
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I decided to take a off day from walking, not a great looking day outside
    Grocery Shopping and cleaning day instead.
    I also reached a Mini goal this week and earned my next bear :)

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
    hi all, nothning new just loving this weather actually slept in till 5 am normally up at 3 well take care Roger I found 1 cent today so I am up a penny

Hi Irene
    I looked outside and everything was wet and since I had not had a down day from walking for a while I took today off, It's Sunday.

Temperatures did not look to bad either, oh well

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    It is raining here also. My daughter and I had plans to go to a farmers market. She is taking me out for a belated birthday lunch though, so the day is not a total loss. :)
    Roger-congrats on reaching your mini goal and earning another bear. :)
    Hi Vix-any plans for today?
    Enjoy the day. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good mornning....chilly and rainy here too.
    I got my nails done with my daughter yesterday...that was fun...cool dark sparkly color, sort of reddish, purplish, coppery depending on the light. :) Going to stop by and see my son's new apt later today. Need to do some cleaning and shopping before that. Better get moving!
    Enjoy your lunch with your daughter, Jo. :)
    Enjoy your day off, Roger. :)
    Hi Irene!
    Enjoy your Sunday. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all, took Annie for a little walk it is a kinda lazy day here just taking it easy have a nice sunday
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hiall, guess I am the first one up but that is only because I have work today.Went for our walk it was pretty nice out had on light kid gloves and a huddie and a light hat well need to go have a great monday
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning. Was a bit chilly here, down in the 30s when we left for the gym, but warming up now. Irene, it is pretty with the trees all colorful. :)
    Yay! it's massage Monday for me....I really need it today. Got the ouchies.
    Have a great day, everyone. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I decided to walk yesterday afternoon after all as the light rain had moved on earlier.
    I walked today too. It was a fair amount cooler than yesterday, 43 degrees showing on the front porch.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good morning;
    It is raining here also. My daughter and I had plans to go to a farmers market. She is taking me out for a belated birthday lunch though, so the day is not a total loss. :)
    Roger-congrats on reaching your mini goal and earning another bear. :)
    Hi Vix-any plans for today?
    Enjoy the day. :)

Hi Joanne
    I hope You enjoyed the Birthday Lunch. However I am sure You did as time with family is always good.

I did not get the vacuuming done, Always today I guess.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good mornning....chilly and rainy here too.
    I got my nails done with my daughter yesterday...that was fun...cool dark sparkly color, sort of reddish, purplish, coppery depending on the light. :) Going to stop by and see my son's new apt later today. Need to do some cleaning and shopping before that. Better get moving!
    Enjoy your lunch with your daughter, Jo. :)
    Enjoy your day off, Roger. :)
    Enjoy your Sunday. :)

Hi Vix
    Well I ended up not taking the day off, however I see You are keeping busy Sunday and Monday.

Cheers
    Roger
    hi all, took Annie for a little walk it is a kinda lazy day here just taking it easy have a nice sunday

Hi Irene
    Since it is a Sunday it is a perfect day to take it easy :)

Cheers
    Roger
    hiall, guess I am the first one up but that is only because I have work today.Went for our walk it was pretty nice out had on light kid gloves and a huddie and a light hat well need to go have a great monday

Hi Again
    I wished I had not forgotten to bring the earmuffs for the first part of my walk today, I started out with three layers of gloves and pulled the outer layer off part way through the walk.

Have a Good Day at work
    Roger
    Good morning. Was a bit chilly here, down in the 30s when we left for the gym, but warming up now. Irene, it is pretty with the trees all colorful. :)
    Yay! it's massage Monday for me....I really need it today. Got the ouchies.
    Have a great day, everyone. :smile:

Hi Again
    Yup, chilly here too, especially compared to Yesterday. I agree the trees are looking really nice right now, shortly however they will be all over the lawn and we don't even have trees in the front yard :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon
    I had to work today. :( I have wednesday off this week.
    The contractor has started the siding. :) There are still more shingles to be stripped from the back and side of the house. He is going on vacation next week and promised me that the front of the house would be sided and the rest of the shingles would be off and the house wrapped before he goes. Everything should be done by Thanksgiving.
    He is doing most of the work himself. He has one helper that has been coming most days.
    Lunch was good. We went to a Mexican restaurant. I had chicken fajitas. It came with corn tortillas. I only ate one.
    I did indulge and have the homemade guacamole. They make it right at table side,yum,yum.
    I did 15,160 steps at work today. I am tired,but I am going upstairs to use the elliptical machine. I will try to do 15 min. I haven't used it in months.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, nice that it will be done by Thanksgiving....Yay! :)
    Roger, I'm not worried about leaves, our trees are so small, there aren't that many! :)
    Yoga was tough for me this morning, but the massage helped a little. Basically a lazy day for me.
    have a good night everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, our walk this morning was nice but a little chilly but still loving the weather.It won't be long and I will have to bundle up of course I like cold weather I still sleep with the fan on sunday night I actually had the air on I sleep better when it is cooler. Jo so glad you had a nice time with your daughter.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, it is getting chilly out there. I put gloves on when it gets to the 50s! 40 out there now.
    I see a bunny in the neighbor's yard, so cute. :)
    So far, another gray day here....off to clay class today, so I'll mostly be inside anyway.
    Enjoy the day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking earlier, About an hour later than Yesterday as It was around 35 Degrees at 7AM :(
    Nice Looking day so far, Rain on the way for Wednesday into Thursday however.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
    Good afternoon
    I had to work today. :( I have wednesday off this week.
    The contractor has started the siding. :) There are still more shingles to be stripped from the back and side of the house. He is going on vacation next week and promised me that the front of the house would be sided and the rest of the shingles would be off and the house wrapped before he goes. Everything should be done by Thanksgiving.
    He is doing most of the work himself. He has one helper that has been coming most days.
    Lunch was good. We went to a Mexican restaurant. I had chicken fajitas. It came with corn tortillas. I only ate one.
    I did indulge and have the homemade guacamole. They make it right at table side,yum,yum.
    I did 15,160 steps at work today. I am tired,but I am going upstairs to use the elliptical machine. I will try to do 15 min. I haven't used it in months.
    Have a great evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Good Step count, I guess the house wrap will do the job. I know I would feel more secure with the entire house sided but that's me.

My Exercise machine has been lonely since I started walking. It did its job and got me to where I could walk however :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Jo, nice that it will be done by Thanksgiving....Yay! :)
    Roger, I'm not worried about leaves, our trees are so small, there aren't that many! :)
    Yoga was tough for me this morning, but the massage helped a little. Basically a lazy day for me.
    have a good night everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    All of our leaves come from the neighbors on each side of us and across the street. On this street the trees were planted alternating from side to side so as You walk up the street there will be one on Your left and for the next lots on Your Right, Then next lot on the left and so on.

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning, our walk this morning was nice but a little chilly but still loving the weather.It won't be long and I will have to bundle up of course I like cold weather I still sleep with the fan on sunday night I actually had the air on I sleep better when it is cooler. Jo so glad you had a nice time with your daughter.

Hi Irene
    I used to tolerate the cold better when I was young, but I suspect I developed a sensitivity to cold when I drove Freezer trucks for 14 years and had to stay inside unloading them. On Mornings when it was very cold outside Even my toes would ache.

I do run the box fan most of the year in the bedroom but more for background white noise than the breeze.

For example today a knit Long sleeve shirt over a Pocket T shirt and a sweatshirt over those. Earmuffs and Some Down filled gloves.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, it is getting chilly out there. I put gloves on when it gets to the 50s! 40 out there now.
    I see a bunny in the neighbor's yard, so cute. :)
    So far, another gray day here....off to clay class today, so I'll mostly be inside anyway.
    Enjoy the day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I wore the gloves for much of the walk until the sun warmed things up then I put them into the pocket. I guess You will be getting the same rain Wednesday into Thursday?

Off to the ShopRite in a little while they had Light & Fit 4 packs advertised as 2 for $4 and they charged more like $3.50 :( Wish me luck

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    The sun is shining and it is cool but comfortable. I haven't had to wear my coat yet to work.
    Roger-I work in the produce department and in the winter it gets very cold in our back room where we prep the fruit and veggies. Some days my feet get so cold that they ache. I have wool socks that I got at the army-navy store they help a little. I also wear 2 shirts and a down vest and if I get really cold I go and stand in the bakery near the oven for a little while.
    I close the heat vent in the bedroom in the winter. I like a cool room for sleeping. Hubby on the other hand
    has an extra blanket on during the winter.
    Vix-I hope you are feeling better today and glad the massage helped.
    Irene-I like the cooler weather also.
    Have a good evening. :)