Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    Options
    Brrrr...was 27 on the way over to the gym, but up to 44 (warm!) on the way back. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Hi Roger- Ipswich is north of me about 45 min away.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    The left side of the attic is clean. I have a box of stuff for goodwill. I am having a cup of tea and giving my knees a rest. I can not stand in my attic. Hubby put plywood down and installed pull down stairs in the upstairs hall so we could store stuff up there. I have been making good use of the space. :)
    My couch is piled high with winter coats, I think it is time to donate some of them.
  • eku0
    Options
    Wow, that was pretty fast, Jo. Nice of you to donate coats...I'm sure people can use them with the cooler weather coming in. We are not going to put anything in our attic...it's mostly just the space under the roof and filled with beams!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning, boy I sure can use that show at my house I have so much stuff in my attic and basement actually this weekend I plan on cleaning my closets out way too much stuff well need to go to work have a great day
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Good idea, Irene....I always seem to put things in closets first....that will be a good place to start. :)
    It's supposed to go up to 68 and be partly sunny today. Yay! Enjoy the weather.
    Have a great day everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Attic is all finished. :) My car is full of stuff to take to St. Vincent's. Today is errand and laundry day and if I have time get the oil changed in my car.
    I did 2 miles with Leslie this morning. I know when I go back to work I will not be able to exercise in the morning before work. I would have to get up at 2 am. :o
    Enjoy your day. :)

• eku0
    Options
    Wow, Jo, you are a dynamo! Good for you on the exercise and getting your whole attic cleaned! Take some time to relax too! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    It was in the forties this morning when I went out for my walk. I am thinking of going to the nearby party store to see what they carry tomorrow morning.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Brrrr...was 27 on the way over to the gym, but up to 44 (warm!) on the way back. :)
    Wow, that was pretty fast, Jo. Nice of you to donate coats...I'm sure people can use them with the cooler weather coming in. We are not going to put anything in our attic...it's mostly just the space under the roof and filled with beams!

Hi Vix
    That sounds like modern truss type construction.
    Good morning!
    Good idea, Irene....I always seem to put things in closets first....that will be a good place to start. :)
    It's supposed to go up to 68 and be partly sunny today. Yay! Enjoy the weather.
    Have a great day everyone.

Hi Again
    It is supposed to warm up nicely here too. That will make me happy :)

I built shelves in the basement for storage years ago. 2 by 4s with plywood for the shelves.

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning, boy I sure can use that show at my house I have so much stuff in my attic and basement actually this weekend I plan on cleaning my closets out way too much stuff well need to go to work have a great day

Hi Irene
    I know what You mean. Somebody to come in and take it away for free would be great, We ended up calling 1-800-got-junk.

Have a Nice day at work
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Hi Roger- Ipswich is north of me about 45 min away.

Hi Joanne
    Thanks for the information.
    The left side of the attic is clean. I have a box of stuff for goodwill. I am having a cup of tea and giving my knees a rest. I can not stand in my attic. Hubby put plywood down and installed pull down stairs in the upstairs hall so we could store stuff up there. I have been making good use of the space. :)
    My couch is piled high with winter coats, I think it is time to donate some of them.
    Good morning;
    Attic is all finished. :) My car is full of stuff to take to St. Vincent's. Today is errand and laundry day and if I have time get the oil changed in my car.
    I did 2 miles with Leslie this morning. I know when I go back to work I will not be able to exercise in the morning before work. I would have to get up at 2 am. :o

Hi Again
    Way to go, donate. A couple of years ago the church had a clothing drive that we cleared out a lot of things to. That way dual a benefit, decluttering and the church had some benefit from them.

Just think, now that the space is empty You can start filling it up again :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, it was actually nice walking this morning almost 60 , it is suppose to get near 70 today.We had a meeting yesterday we will be starting peak(our christmas work) the begiing of novemeber last year it was after thanksgiving so then we will be working 11 hour days plus an extra day I will be working 55 hour weeks I am getting tired of just thinking about it well need to get ready for work take care
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning...
    It looks like it's going to be a beautiful morning here too.
    Irene...get your rest while you can! At least you'll be making lots of ot money. :)
    We may take a drive to Shenandoah Nat'l Park today....going to body flow class in a few minutes.
    It's supposed to get to about 70 here today too.
    Enjoy the day! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Morning;
    Irene-I feel for you, retail is a tough business around the holidays.
    Roger-The attic is far from empty. I still have a lot of my kids stuff stored up there, the christmas decorations and
    other things I am not ready to part with yet.
    Vix-I have been trying to stay busy,because when I am not I tend to snack.
    I did 4 power miles with Leslie this morning. I don't feel as stiff in the morning since I have been exercising.
    I have to go to the post office today in order to get permission to move our mailbox. It is only a matter of a few feet,from the wall to the door. We want to install a slot in our breezeway door.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, I know what you mean. It's better for me to stay busy too, even better if I can stay out of the house! Mailbox slot in the door sounds really nice. Our mailboxes are all at the end of our driveways. Mailmen only come to our porches/doors if we have packages.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked this morning + 1 Whole Penny :)
    It was a better day than yesterday outside during the walk, I ended up taking the gloves off and my hands were OK that way.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    good morning, it was actually nice walking this morning almost 60 , it is suppose to get near 70 today.We had a meeting yesterday we will be starting peak(our christmas work) the begiing of novemeber last year it was after thanksgiving so then we will be working 11 hour days plus an extra day I will be working 55 hour weeks I am getting tired of just thinking about it well need to get ready for work take care

Hi Irene
    I agree, the weather outside today was beautiful :)

I worked 53 hour days for years and I know how little I enjoyed it.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, I am having a really good day so far found 11 cents plus the scale had me down 2 pounds I have a love hate relationship with my scale lol.Not looking forward to peak I won't be able to walk with George or annie in the morning I do enjoy our walks well you all have a great day
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Morning walks are great! I know you'll miss that, Irene. Looks like another beautiful day.
    Off to painting class this morning.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    My new front door was installed this morning. Old shingles are still being removed. The post office said I couldn't put a mail slot in the door, so I went out and bought a new mailbox and it will go back up where the old one was.
    Irene-congrats on losing 2 lbs and finding 11cents. :)
    Vix-have fun a painting class.
    Roger-should be a good day for a walk.
    I only had time for 2 miles this morning. I got a late start and had to cut my exercise short, so I could take a shower and get dressed before the contractors came. They arrived a 7 on the dot.
    Yesterday was hubby's birthday and today is mine. We went out to eat last night at our favorite restaurant.
    Have a great day! :)

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Walked this morning, The temperature was OK, Slightly colder than Yesterday but not bad. Then later after breakfast I cleaned some of the Nuts I have picked up and set them to dry, cracked a few from a earlier cleaning run.

Have Good Thursday
    Roger
    good morning, I am having a really good day so far found 11 cents plus the scale had me down 2 pounds I have a love hate relationship with my scale lol.Not looking forward to peak I won't be able to walk with George or annie in the morning I do enjoy our walks well you all have a great day

Hi Irene
    You are doing better than I at finding money lately :)

Mr. Scale has been staying in a holding pattern this week. I hate plateaus!

I know You will miss those walks and the calories they burn too.
    Good Luck
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Morning walks are great! I know you'll miss that, Irene. Looks like another beautiful day.
    Off to painting class this morning.

Hi Vix
    I agree with Your assessment on the day. It is supposed to be in the 70s again today, I actually ran the AC for a while yesterday to cool down the room. Maybe today too. Not sure yet. So far house is nice with neither heat nor AC needed. I love this time of year.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    My new front door was installed this morning. Old shingles are still being removed. The post office said I couldn't put a mail slot in the door, so I went out and bought a new mailbox and it will go back up where the old one was.
    Irene-congrats on losing 2 lbs and finding 11cents. :)
    Vix-have fun a painting class.
    Roger-should be a good day for a walk.
    I only had time for 2 miles this morning. I got a late start and had to cut my exercise short, so I could take a shower and get dressed before the contractors came. They arrived a 7 on the dot.
    Yesterday was hubby's birthday and today is mine. We went out to eat last night at our favorite restaurant.
    Have a great day! :)

Hi Joanne
    That is something I had not thought of, was the Old Mailbox on the House/door or out at the curb? Parts of my town have Mailboxes at the curb, some are located in clusters and most have them on the house. I had been thinking a mail slot would be nice. I already had the second address line under the street address marked deliver to inside of Porch and UPS and FedEx both are good at that, they even ring the doorbell or knock on the door, USPS mostly on the porch depending on regular mailman or temp...

I do good to make my 2.75 miles a day usually, How far short were You?

I hope Your Hubby's Birthday want well and I wish You a ffh.gif

Have a Good Time
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo%2520-%2520funky%2520flower%2520cake%25201.jpg
    And Happy Birthday to hubby too....sounds like you had a good night. :) Glad your new door is installed!
    Roger, my house stays chilly in this weather....had to open windows to let the warm air in. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, happy birthday Jo and hubby sounds like you had fun. Today I am off not much planned going to get my nails and and food shopping. I did my walk this morning got in 3 miles which is normal the weather here is really nice but I think I heard it is going to get cold tonight oh well not much we can do about that