Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    We went for a walk in the park yesterday, it was nice. I love the weather where you just need a light jacket. :)
    I finished as much cleaning as I'm going to do for a few days. Our friends came over and Donna and I had both dressed up...she was even wearing a black wig. It was a lot of fun....we both went to the door, there were almost a hundred kids, most of them little and just soooo cute. :)
    Haha, I did overbuy the candy, so I get to take 2 bags back, there are only a few pieces left from the open bag.
    Rabbit, rabbit, happy November 1st! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking and did a bit more than intended, 3+ miles, probably nearer 4 miles.

The weather was beautiful, Mid 50s. I wore a sweatshirt and gloves for the start and removed the gloves after getting my coffee at McDs for the rest of the walk.

We had 78 Trick or Treaters for Halloween. They started coming at 4:15 and we were done by 7:30

Enjoy the day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    I got out of work at11:30. :) Just got home from grocery shopping,put everything away, made muffins for hubby and am now relaxing a bit before I go out looking for new kitchen curtains.
    The dumpster is gone and we now have our driveway back. :)
    I bought 3 bags of candy today. Hubby made sure it was something he liked, in case of leftovers. ;)
    Roger-sometimes we get all green bananas at work and sometimes they are very yellow. We have no control over the quality they send us.
    Vix-I would love to have a cleaning service. The older I get it seems to take more time to do things and I can't move the furniture or climb like I used to. :( \
    Irene-good luck with the fireplace.
    Enjoy your evening and Happy Halloween! :)

Hi Joanne
    I am my own cleaning service. yesterday I did the Living Room and enclosed front porch. For part of the day I sat in a chair in front of the porch on the Sidewalk.

I am sure there is no control on the Bananas as Sometimes they are ripe and sometimes very green where ever You go.

I bet You are happy to have Your driveway back :)

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    We went for a walk in the park yesterday, it was nice. I love the weather where you just need a light jacket. :)
    I finished as much cleaning as I'm going to do for a few days. Our friends came over and Donna and I had both dressed up...she was even wearing a black wig. It was a lot of fun....we both went to the door, there were almost a hundred kids, most of them little and just soooo cute. :)
    Haha, I did overbuy the candy, so I get to take 2 bags back, there are only a few pieces left from the open bag.
    Rabbit, rabbit, happy November 1st! :)

Hi Vix
    I have Sweatshirts or a winter coat. I should get a light jacket but I hate to waste the money until my size is stabilized :) I'm glad You had a good walk.

Most of our Trick or Treaters were from Toddlers to early teens. Some of the reactions to the 50Cent coins were priceless. Most were wearing nice costumes, some of the parents too. One that stood out was the Proud Parent taking a photo of the child getting their treat, I suspected it was the first Halloween for that one.

We solved the returning candy problem with 1/2 dollar coins. They never go bad :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    We didn't have any trick or treaters. It may have been due to the fact that we have no outside lights installed yet.
    So hubby has 3 bags of candy to eat. I made him take them and hide them, so no temptation.
    It is a dreary drizzly day. I am doing stuff in the house, while hubby works on my car. If he finishes early, I may run a few errands.
    Have a great day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    hi all , went to the fireplace store yesterday and ordered everything that needs to be replaced ther are coming on 20 th to replace the stuff it is safer to replace than wait for it to break we only had a few holloweeners so hubby has a couple of bags of candy to eat its all cho so I put them in the freezer I won't eat them if they are frozen, now if I just put them in the cuboard I would be tempted . I am enjoying trainning not sure if it is because it is something new to do or what I will let you know.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, our walk this morning was really nice it was in the 50's we love this kind of weather.I am feeling tired didn't sleep too good last night I think the time changes messes with me but it won't be long and I will be better. Well need to go to work hope you all have a nice monday
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    The time change messes me up too! For some reason, I end up staying up even later than usual which makes no sense whatsoever and totally disrupts my sleep pattern! Oh well, will straighten out in a few days. Eating patterns also off, so will work on getting that back to normal today. :)
    Irene, good that you ordered all your fireplace stuff, and that the weather is still nice for walking. :)
    Jo, I'll bet you're excited to have the house almost finished. Sometimes it's good to have a slow day.
    Roger, I picked up my light jacket a few years ago on sale. It's better than a sweater as a windbreaker, it's a kind of fake leather material.
    Off to yoga for me this morning. My leg was feeling better for a couple of days and then the. pain switched to my other leg over the weekend! Maybe I can stretch it out in yoga class, else it gets a day of rest tomorrow!
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Today should hopefully be a good day for weight loss. I got my usual walk in +10 cents, then when I got home I filled 5 leaf bags from the front Yard. Tomorrow The back yard :) Nice Weather This Week, I started out in a sweatshirt and removed it for part of the walk due the temperatures warming up.

Tomorrows plan, Vote during the morning walk.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    IBFx9G.png
    Good morning;
    We didn't have any trick or treaters. It may have been due to the fact that we have no outside lights installed yet.
    So hubby has 3 bags of candy to eat. I made him take them and hide them, so no temptation.
    It is a dreary drizzly day. I am doing stuff in the house, while hubby works on my car. If he finishes early, I may run a few errands.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Joanne
    As You can see we had a fair number of Younger Kids for Halloween. I had a Lit Ceramic Pumpkin in the Living Room Window, Porch Light was on and I was out on the sidewalk part of the time.

Hopefully the car got done in time to run a few errands :)
    Roger
    hi all , went to the fireplace store yesterday and ordered everything that needs to be replaced ther are coming on 20 th to replace the stuff it is safer to replace than wait for it to break we only had a few holloweeners so hubby has a couple of bags of candy to eat its all cho so I put them in the freezer I won't eat them if they are frozen, now if I just put them in the cuboard I would be tempted . I am enjoying trainning not sure if it is because it is something new to do or what I will let you know.
    good morning, our walk this morning was really nice it was in the 50's we love this kind of weather.I am feeling tired didn't sleep too good last night I think the time changes messes with me but it won't be long and I will be better. Well need to go to work hope you all have a nice monday

Hi Irene
    If Frozen works for You that is great. I have found that for me not having in the house or else the old saying
    "Out of sight, Out of mind" Works for me. If I do not see it I do not get tempted.

I agree, what great weather we have in the forecast.

Good Luck with the Fireplace.
    Roger
    Good morning!
    The time change messes me up too! For some reason, I end up staying up even later than usual which makes no sense whatsoever and totally disrupts my sleep pattern! Oh well, will straighten out in a few days. Eating patterns also off, so will work on getting that back to normal today. :)
    Irene, good that you ordered all your fireplace stuff, and that the weather is still nice for walking. :)
    Jo, I'll bet you're excited to have the house almost finished. Sometimes it's good to have a slow day.
    Roger, I picked up my light jacket a few years ago on sale. It's better than a sweater as a windbreaker, it's a kind of fake leather material.
    Off to yoga for me this morning. My leg was feeling better for a couple of days and then the. pain switched to my other leg over the weekend! Maybe I can stretch it out in yoga class, else it gets a day of rest tomorrow!
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Vix
    Good Luck with the Yoga Class :)
    Hopefully that will resolve the pain.

I usually take most of a week to adjust to the daylight savings time changes either way it goes.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Funny thing, I put a little bit of a heel shoe (about an 1.5-2") and it feels better than with the sneakers. We'll see. These things come and go with me. I know it's temporary, just a bit disconcerting. I'll probably take a week to get used to the time change too. Will definitely try to get to bed earlier tonight. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    I almost forgot to check in today. :#
    Hubby and I were both off. We went out to breakfast,ran some errands and then home to work around the house.
    It usually takes me about a week to adjust to the time change. The cats also need some time to adjust. They still want to be fed an hour earlier.
    Vix-I hope your leg feels better soon.
    Irene-glad you are enjoying training, it is good to switch things up from time to time.
    Roger-car is all fixed. I had to help with the belt,as 4 hands were needed. I found 11 cents while walking to my car today.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, I didn't train yesterday no one to train will probably be doing it on wednesday, managers at work are writting people up like crazy one came to me yesterday and wanted to know why my rate was down last week I guess he didn't know I trained for 2 days but I always keep track with a little note book just to cover my butt not sure what is going on but they really are up setting a lot of people I guess they must be getting a lot of grief oh well I do what I can take care all
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Irene...I always kept a notebook/journal too, good to keep track of certain things. They're probably making sure people are ready for the holiday crunch.
    Jo, sounds like you had a nice day. Glad your car is fixed. :)
    Roger, you're probably out walking and voting....good man!
    I've got clay class today, the sun is shining and it's supposed to go up to 70 degrees. Should be a good one. :)
    Enjoy!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked today, again :)
    Four Stops, 1really beat-up Penny, Post office, 7 Eleven for the Ex-large Refill, Polling place to Vote, then to the Bank to make a deposit.

Have a Nice Election Day
    Roger
    Funny thing, I put a little bit of a heel shoe (about an 1.5-2") and it feels better than with the sneakers. We'll see. These things come and go with me. I know it's temporary, just a bit disconcerting. I'll probably take a week to get used to the time change too. Will definitely try to get to bed earlier tonight. :)
    Good evening;
    Hubby and I were both off. We went out to breakfast,ran some errands and then home to work around the house.
    It usually takes me about a week to adjust to the time change. The cats also need some time to adjust. They still want to be fed an hour earlier.
    Irene-glad you are enjoying training, it is good to switch things up from time to time.
    Roger-car is all fixed. I had to help with the belt,as 4 hands were needed. I found 11 cents while walking to my car today.
    good morning, I didn't train yesterday no one to train will probably be doing it on wednesday, managers at work are writting people up like crazy one came to me yesterday and wanted to know why my rate was down last week I guess he didn't know I trained for 2 days but I always keep track with a little note book just to cover my butt not sure what is going on but they really are up setting a lot of people I guess they must be getting a lot of grief oh well I do what I can take care all

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked today, again :)
    Four Stops, 1really beat-up Penny, Post office, 7 Eleven for the Ex-large Refill, Polling place to Vote, then to the Bank to make a deposit.

Beautiful day out for walking too.

Have a Nice Election Day
    Roger

Hi Vix
    To the Good, You found something to help alleviate the pain.
    Roger
    Good evening;

Hi Joanne
    If I said I have been off for years? :)
    You are 10 cents ahead of me today, I only found 1 cent and not eleven cents. It was beat up I had to Pick it up and look at it to be sure it was really money.

Good That the Car is finished
    Roger

Hi Irene
    Good Job with keeping as journal. Nothing Like being able to have written material to refer to.

And then in today's news I saw where Amazon is extending maternity leave, It sounds as if One hand takes and the other gives :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Irene...I always kept a notebook/journal too, good to keep track of certain things. They're probably making sure people are ready for the holiday crunch.
    Jo, sounds like you had a nice day. Glad your car is fixed. :)
    Roger, you're probably out walking and voting....good man!
    I've got clay class today, the sun is shining and it's supposed to go up to 70 degrees. Should be a good one. :)
    Enjoy!

Hi Again
    Yup I sure was, I was out the door late as I had to make sure not to get to the bank before they opened at 9AM. I was Number 18 to vote in my part of the district, My Brother was Number 15 and still standing there talking. Supposedly we had more Voters by the time I got there around 9AM than voted in the entire Primary.

Enjoy The clay class and the Weather
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon
    Irene-It must be that time of year. Management is really cracking down at my work. They are also cutting hours and adding more work.
    I stopped at the store to pick up some curtains. I got home, took them out of the package, ironed the wrinkles out, went to hang them and they are way too long. I don't know what I was thinking when I picked them up. So now I have to return them. This will be the 3rd time I have bought and returned in the last week or so. They will hate to see me come back in the store.
    Have a nice evening and enjoy this nice weather. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,I actually had to do some coaching yesterday it was fun and I am learning a lot I only picked for about 2 hours so that was a nice break.We will be doing a lot of ot come the end of the month actually our black out time starts 21 st of november and ends dec 24 th( you can't take any vacation time) but that is wheb we start doing 11 hour shifts and working 5 days but we do get an extra 5 minutes on our afternoon break by the time christmas gets here we are so tired.But it is really only for a month so I judt try and do my best well gotta go hang in yhere Jo before you know it they will have ot for you again .
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, sounds like you really enjoy the teaching and coaching! That's great. :) One month isn't so bad.
    Jo, sorry the curtains didn't work out. I don't like shopping....sometimes end up grabbing something because of the color or something then realize it's the wrong size when I get it home, or pick the size, then realize the color is off! Whatever. Good luck finding the right ones. :)
    Roger, you have very productive walks! :)
    Looks like it's going to be another beautiful day. Yay! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Walked today and Picked up 6 Nice looking Apples :)
    Currently over 8600 Steps according to the Fitbit.
    Todays weather was once again really nice. Started out in a sweatshirt, 1/4 of the way through the walk It was off hanging on my arm as I walked. Supposed to be some rain in the forecast Thursday & into Friday. It does not look like much currently from what the forecast is showing.

Have a Nice MidWeek Day
    Roger
    AP
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 10:16PM
    RUSTON, LA --
    After more than 45 years of saving pennies, a Louisiana man decided it was time to cash them in.

The News-Star reports that 73-year-old Otha Anders, of Ruston, took 15 5-gallon plastic water jugs full of the coins to the bank on Tuesday. His grand total: A deposit of $5,136.14 into his account. He says it will go toward a recent dental bill.

Anders says that after his first coin, his penny pile began to grow, so he ultimately stopped spending pennies. He says he made sure that in any purchase, his change contained at least three to four pennies.

During the five-hour process of counting the pennies, the plastic jugs were hacked open with an ax and hammer.

The pennies were then poured into the coin machine with small plastic buckets.
    Good afternoon
    Irene-It must be that time of year. Management is really cracking down at my work. They are also cutting hours and adding more work.
    I stopped at the store to pick up some curtains. I got home, took them out of the package, ironed the wrinkles out, went to hang them and they are way too long. I don't know what I was thinking when I picked them up. So now I have to return them. This will be the 3rd time I have bought and returned in the last week or so. They will hate to see me come back in the store.
    Have a nice evening and enjoy this nice weather. :)

Hi Joanne
    It seems everybody is getting tough at work from what I am seeing here.

I wonder if the store does what Best Buy was reported to be doing and tracking customers by returns and rating them?

Good Luck
    Roger
    good morning,I actually had to do some coaching yesterday it was fun and I am learning a lot I only picked for about 2 hours so that was a nice break.We will be doing a lot of ot come the end of the month actually our black out time starts 21 st of november and ends dec 24 th( you can't take any vacation time) but that is wheb we start doing 11 hour shifts and working 5 days but we do get an extra 5 minutes on our afternoon break by the time christmas gets here we are so tired.But it is really only for a month so I judt try and do my best well gotta go hang in yhere Jo before you know it they will have ot for you again .

Hi Irene
    IT does sound as if Coaching is a nice break in Your routine. More than a month of 55 hour weeks is never fun. I hope You can find a use for the extra OT money. I know I would use it to avoid Christmas Bills that need to be paid later and or pay off any credit cards and if I had a Mortgage to reduce the principal.

Have a :) day
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, sounds like you really enjoy the teaching and coaching! That's great. :) One month isn't so bad.
    Jo, sorry the curtains didn't work out. I don't like shopping....sometimes end up grabbing something because of the color or something then realize it's the wrong size when I get it home, or pick the size, then realize the color is off! Whatever. Good luck finding the right ones. :)
    Roger, you have very productive walks! :)
    Looks like it's going to be another beautiful day. Yay! :)

Hi Vix
    I'm with You regarding shopping. I seem to end up with things like pocketless t shirts when I wanted Pocket Ts etc. Or as You say the colors or patterns are not to good. :)

Cheers
    Roger

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    Roger and Irene-The company I work for just bought out A&P stores in the NJ area. They spent the last two week converting them over to Acme. I am not sure exactly where they are located. If I remember I will ask at work tomorrow.
    Vix-I never made it to the curtain store. My car battery was dead when I left work and I had to get a jump from one of my co-workers. I was afraid to shut off my car, so no errands, just straight home. I am waiting for hubby to get home, so he can check it out. I think I may need a new battery. My car is 5 years old.
    Have a good night. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    When I was young and living in NJ, there were A&P stores and Acme stores. We don't have either in MD as far as I know.
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to hire the cleaning service for once a month. It's kind of expensive, but I could use a little help. She was nice, she said my house looked clean...I try to keep up with it. Then in the spring, I can have them clean the windows too. I'll sleep on it. I think I'll feel the same tomorrow. I don't splurge on a lot of things.
    Have a good night everyone. :smile:
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning running late so I will talk to you later