Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning, well today will be a busier day getting hair done and then some shopping have a great day
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was out Walking today, Weather is nice except for a bit of wind, No Gloves needed and only a Sweatshirt for the walk. Then I Hit the Recycle Center on the way to Costco @ $163, large economy sizes of Vitamins and Minerals. Then Two bags of Frozen Vegetables, two 10 packs of Kleenex @ $17.69 = Large Kleenex @ $1.79 per. 18 Pack of Greek Yogurt, Plastic Bubble pack of Honey Crisp Apples Clementines and 32 AAA Batteries, Charmin (Please Don't Squeeze the Charmin :) ) Then Stopped for a Decaf for me and a regular Black Coffee for my Brother and $18 to fill the tank on the car. That'll hold me for a more than a month.

Happy Friday the 13th unless You have Triskaidekaphobia :)
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    HA! I need to do an exorcism of my own demons! >:)
    Have a good night. :)

Hi Vix
    Good Luck with that, it didn't go so good for Linda Blair as I remember the movie.
    Roger
    Pirates43 wrote: »
    Please forgive a little drive-by spam ...

Hi, NS friends!

I just wanted to share some exciting news (well, exciting to me, anyway). No, not an NSV or a scale victory either.

We are reviving the NS Biggest Loser Challenge series that had been so popular on the NS boards until the company locked us all out.

This will be a kinder, gentler version of the challenge. Lots of support, motivation, inspiration, and empathy.

The price is right - free. And we offer a "double your money back" guarantee. If, at the end of the challenge you don't feel like you got your money's worth, we'll give you back double!

The folks at the "Losing It After 50" discussion board have been kind enough to invite us to use their community as our "home gym." The challenge IS NOT restricted to NSers over 50, but we do have our share of "half-a-hunnerts" signed up already.

We're launching the challenge on Monday, Nov. 16, and we'll end the first round just before the New Years. So this is a great way to sandbag some support before the holiday temptations begin. Then we'll launch a "New Years Resolution" BL that will run for the first 8 or 10 weeks of the New Year.

This is our sign-up thread: (you will need to sign up. Use your NS screen name or any name you want. You can remain pretty anonymous, but we'll want a first name once the challenge starts, so we can get to know everybody ...)

http://losingitafter50.freeforums.net/thread/439/biggest-loser-sign-thread?page=1&scrollTo=26835

Hi
    I see no problem mentioning it personally, but then I am easy going.

I do not know if I am interested TBH, I do not recall ever looking at it on the old forums.
    How does it work?

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Off to zumba in a little while. Sun is shining, should be a nice day. I did better yesterday, scale has stopped screaming.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    Zumba, That is where everybody sits there chanting Zumba while meditating :)
    Just kidding.

Except for the wind, what a beautiful day outside, I was driving with the window open and the radio blasting oldies from WOLD in Woodbridge, NJ.

Congratulations on taming that scale

Enjoy the exercise
    Roger
    good morning, well today will be a busier day getting hair done and then some shopping have a great day

Hi Irene
    Did You get out walking today? I took something along to use as a windbreaker but decided I did not need it as the wind was intermittent.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    It is beautiful outside, but windy. May go for a walk later. I need to avoid going uphill too much.
    As to the challenges...I stay away from them because I don't do well comparing myself to others...I challenge myself all the time.
    Zumba is always fun. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-your day sounds like fun.
    Pirates43-thanks for the invite, but I don't think I will join at this time.
    Vix-I am glad your scale has stopped screaming.
    The house is progressing slowly. I don't think he will be done by thanksgiving. Good thing I am not hosting thanksgiving dinner.
    We had a little sun and now are having intermittent rain showers.
    My scale is finally moving in the right direction.
    Roger-We used to go to BJ's when the kids were home. Now we just pick up what we need at the grocery store.
    With just the two of us we don't use that much any more.
    Tomorrow we are having a holiday open house at work. It will be super busy. The store will be sampling food from all departments.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jo, hopefully they'll surprise you and get it done quickly. :) Congrats on the scale moving in the right direction...mine is still bouncing. I've been letting it get away from me, but ready to get back to basics. I hope it's not too crazy for you at work today.
    My new cleaning service will be coming next Tuesday...I've decided to try once a month and see how that goes.
    I think it will be fairly easy to do maintenance cleaning in between. :)
    We're going to see friends tonight, the guys play cards, we just gab and catch up. :)
    Tomorrow our kids are taking us to a football game. I've never been to a professional game before. Our team isn't doing so great this year, but I'm sure we'll have a great day with our family. :)
    Prayers for the world after the attacks in Paris last night. Peace would be the greatest blessing.
    Wishing everyone a good day.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    Good morning, I did get out for a walk yesterday not yet today but I will be going soon.I don't plan on doing any challenges not good at it,jumped on the scale this morning I am actually down 2 downs for the week it has to be all the extra stepps I am doing at work well need to get moving have a fun day
  • eku0
    Options
    Congrats on the 2 pounds down, Irene! Yay! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking today, Breezy and not very warm in the Mid 40s. I got hit with some light rain on the way to the post office. It Cleared up right after that and the Sun came out. I was over 10K steps by the time I got home.

I Picked up a 2016 Calendar while I was out so I'm good for the upcoming year that way.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    It is beautiful outside, but windy. May go for a walk later. I need to avoid going uphill too much.
    As to the challenges...I stay away from them because I don't do well comparing myself to others...I challenge myself all the time.
    Zumba is always fun. :)

Hi Vix
    It is still windy and colder than Friday too.

Stay Warm
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-your day sounds like fun.
    Pirates43-thanks for the invite, but I don't think I will join at this time.
    Vix-I am glad your scale has stopped screaming.
    The house is progressing slowly. I don't think he will be done by thanksgiving. Good thing I am not hosting thanksgiving dinner.
    We had a little sun and now are having intermittent rain showers.
    My scale is finally moving in the right direction.
    Roger-We used to go to BJ's when the kids were home. Now we just pick up what we need at the grocery store.
    With just the two of us we don't use that much any more.
    Tomorrow we are having a holiday open house at work. It will be super busy. The store will be sampling food from all departments.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    The Two BJs around me that I looked into both seemed dingy and not brightly lit, especially compared to Costco.
    They keep sending free trial memberships in the mail, The last one this week for 120 days. I may try once again, The price is good :)

I gather some people love food samplings and use it to avoid buying a meal.

Good Luck wit the house
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Jo, hopefully they'll surprise you and get it done quickly. :) Congrats on the scale moving in the right direction...mine is still bouncing. I've been letting it get away from me, but ready to get back to basics. I hope it's not too crazy for you at work today.
    My new cleaning service will be coming next Tuesday...I've decided to try once a month and see how that goes.
    I think it will be fairly easy to do maintenance cleaning in between. :)
    We're going to see friends tonight, the guys play cards, we just gab and catch up. :)
    Tomorrow our kids are taking us to a football game. I've never been to a professional game before. Our team isn't doing so great this year, but I'm sure we'll have a great day with our family. :)
    Prayers for the world after the attacks in Paris last night. Peace would be the greatest blessing.
    Wishing everyone a good day.

Hi Vix
    Don't feel too bad regarding the scale. Mine has been bouncing this week to, So far 1/2 pound down since Sunday Morning :( At least it isn't a gain for the week.

I suspect until Isis is cleaned out there will be no peace in the world. They are a cancerous infection on the people of the world.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning, I did get out for a walk yesterday not yet today but I will be going soon.I don't plan on doing any challenges not good at it,jumped on the scale this morning I am actually down 2 downs for the week it has to be all the extra steps I am doing at work well need to get moving have a fun day

Hi Irene
    Congratulations on that loss. It could indeed be the extra steps.

I hope the wind has died down for You. It was taking extra effort to walk into it on the way back home.

Cheers
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    got my walk in got over 6000 steps in so I think I am ok for today
  • eku0
    Options
    I went for a walk in the park today too...I just tried to find flatter ground...walked by the lake, but had to go down a hill and back up to get there. Walked about 50 minutes at a leisurely pace, not too bad.
    Looking forward to seeing friends tonight and the football game tomorrow.
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    Work wasn't as busy as I thought it would be.
    Irene-congrats on 2 lbs. down.
    Vix-enjoy the game. I have never been to a football game.
    Roger-so far today I have 19,930 steps. I think I will walk around the house until I get to 20,000.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Thanks Jo. This is the first time I'm ever going to a professional football game...the kids are even taking us to tailgating, which I've also never done! I'm happy to spend a day with family. I'm glad it's a bright sunny day, supposed to warm up to 60. :)
    Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was walking today. Partway into my walk I passed a time & Temperature sign showing 35 degrees at 8:15AM. I was glad I remembered the earmuffs and was wearing warm gloves :) It was colder this morning than yesterday :(

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    got my walk in got over 6000 steps in so I think I am ok for today

Hi Irene
    Congratulations on the walk. I definitely went further than I wanted to yesterday when I was over 10K steps. I was done for by the time I got home until I had breakfast and recuperated from it.

Cheers
    Roger
    I went for a walk in the park today too...I just tried to find flatter ground...walked by the lake, but had to go down a hill and back up to get there. Walked about 50 minutes at a leisurely pace, not too bad.
    Looking forward to seeing friends tonight and the football game tomorrow.
    Have a good night, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I tend to avoid elevation changes too :)

Enjoy Seeing the friends and the game
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good evening;
    Work wasn't as busy as I thought it would be.
    Irene-congrats on 2 lbs. down.
    Vix-enjoy the game. I have never been to a football game.
    Roger-so far today I have 19,930 steps. I think I will walk around the house until I get to 20,000.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I am impressed with your walking 20K steps. I hit 9K today so far, That means I may hot that many in two days :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Thanks Jo. This is the first time I'm ever going to a professional football game...the kids are even taking us to tailgating, which I've also never done! I'm happy to spend a day with family. I'm glad it's a bright sunny day, supposed to warm up to 60. :)
    Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Enjoy Yourself, I think You get a bit more heat than we get today as the heat is coming up from the south. The Weather forecast shows a couple of 60+ days in the upcoming week and Rain Thursday.

Tailgating and the foods, Yum
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Worked this morning,then came home and made 2 batches of muffins for hubby, blueberry and pumpkin. I am now doing laundry. No rest for the wicked. ;):p
    I am cooking a whole chicken in the crockpot for dinner today and leftover protein for the week.
    Vix-have fun at the game and dress warm.
    Roger-you are ahead of me in steps today.
    Well,back to work. Have a great day. :)

• IreneMurman
    Options
    hi, hey I did receive that same message from ns I pushed my order till after the new year I have enough food , I haven't had time to check out the food menue yet but hopefully before I need to order. We had a really nice weekend yesterday we went to mercer county park it is so nice there Annie likes the water so we had something for everyone,we did do some hiking there also I should of brought my walking stick but I for got it well need to go take care
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    The weekend was great, but I'm not used to so much partying! Time to get back to normal.
    Sun's shining. off to yoga in a bit.
    Muffins sound yummy, Jo, I would have a hard time resisting!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was walking today, I went further than intended in two sessions. Walked 7500 steps, came home had breakfast and went to the produce store for Bananas. I stopped at the Dollar Store and bought some Buttermilk Waffles, Buttermilk Pancakes, Blueberry Pancakes, and Pumpkin Spice Waffles. 110 calories to 150 calories per serving and 3 to 4 servings per box. I hope they taste good otherwise I just wasted $4 on them and will end up choking them down since I bought them :) Total steps when I got back home 11,500. It was cold when I went out the first time, I wore two layers over my T-Shirt, Gloves and Earmuffs. By the time I got home I was had pocketed the gloves and Earmuffs :) Then walking to the produce store one Knit long Sleeve shirt and no gloves and a backpack for my purchases.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Worked this morning,then came home and made 2 batches of muffins for hubby, blueberry and pumpkin. I am now doing laundry. No rest for the wicked. ;):p
    I am cooking a whole chicken in the crockpot for dinner today and leftover protein for the week.
    Vix-have fun at the game and dress warm.
    Roger-you are ahead of me in steps today.
    Well,back to work. Have a great day. :)

Hi Joanne
    You sound industrious, I may be ahead in steps however You are ahead in chores :)

Cheers
    Roger
    hi, hey I did receive that same message from ns I pushed my order till after the new year I have enough food , I haven't had time to check out the food menu yet but hopefully before I need to order. We had a really nice weekend yesterday we went to mercer county park it is so nice there Annie likes the water so we had something for everyone,we did do some hiking there also I should of brought my walking stick but I for got it well need to go take care

Hi Irene
    I suspect I could push my order off til next year too, However I think I want to get one more delivery before Christmas :)

Then I may push the next one off until February.

Excluding the temperatures in the early part of the day we are indeed having nice weather

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good morning!
    The weekend was great, but I'm not used to so much partying! Time to get back to normal.
    Sun's shining. off to yoga in a bit.
    Muffins sound yummy, Jo, I would have a hard time resisting!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Hopefully You enjoyed Yourself :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, oh Jo I am afraid I would of eaten at least 2 or 3 muffins that is why I try not to bake I would of eaten it. We use to have sesaon tickets to the jets game we use to have a great time but it sure use to get really cold. I am really thinking about placing an order while George is home next weekend it would make it so much easier
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    I see my post from yesterday is missing,guess who forgot to hit post reply. :p
    Roger-you beat me in steps yesterday. I had around 7,500. It did warm up nicely yesterday.
    Vix-I did cave in and eat one pumpkin muffin.
    I delayed my next order until February. The only thing I may run out of is breakfasts, but they are the easiest to substitute for.
    I am just waiting for the Dr. office to open, so I can call and get an appt. today. I think I have another kidney stone.
    It is extremely painful.
    Have a good day. :)