Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good evening;
    I picked up my new car this afternoon.I think I will need to read the owners manual because there are so many new features.
    I made my lemon meringue pie and the crust for the apple. I will finish the apple in the morning. I am too tired right now.
    Roger-Your Thanksgiving meal sounds wonderful. My mother always made mincemeat pie. If I recall she made it for my father. I don't remember anyone else eating it, most of us went for the apple.
    Vix-Cute poem. I like most veggies, but I know I don't eat enough. I did great last week, this week not so good.
    Have a good night. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    Options
    Hi...Congrats on the new car, Jo! Your pies sound delicious. I haven't had lemon meringue pie in decades. I think it was my Mom's favorite. :)
    Roger, your Thanksgiving sounds like a true feast!
    I made the marinated salad, cornbread, cranberry sauce, and baked the Mrs. Smith's pumpkin pie. When I get up tomorrow, I'll get the turkey ready, and maybe work on some potatoes, and some appetizers for while we're waiting. :) It'll be fun.
    Have a good night, everyone....and a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    happy turkey day I am on my way to work have a great day Jo congrats on the new car
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    I was up early baking my apple pie, kitchen is all clean and now I am going out to play with my new car.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi
    I got out walking this morning. Despite the fact that it will be warmer later today it was within a degree or two of
    Yesterdays temperature.

The Turkey is cooked and out of the roaster sitting in the oven, Two Pumpkin Pies and one Apple Pie are cooked.
    The Mashed Potatoes, A Sweet Potato Cassoulet, Two Homemade Lasagna,
    Candied Carrots and Stuffing are ready to be warmed up in the oven.
    The Deviled Eggs are being prepared right now, The Celery and Carrots are slivered for a appetizer tray,
    the Sweet Gherkins, and Black Olives are ready to be opened and used too.

If I said my Brother goes overboard for the Holidays :)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Day
    Roger
    6srzaoy5gaa5.jpg
    happy turkey day I am on my way to work have a great day
    Jo congrats on the new car

Hi Irene
    I hope Your Holiday is wonderful too

Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    I picked up my new car this afternoon.
    I think I will need to read the owners manual because there are so many new features.
    I made my lemon meringue pie and the crust for the apple. I will finish the apple in the morning.
    I am too tired right now.
    Roger-Your Thanksgiving meal sounds wonderful. My mother always made mincemeat pie.
    If I recall she made it for my father. I don't remember anyone else eating it, most of us went for the apple.
    Vix-Cute poem. I like most veggies, but I know I don't eat enough. I did great last week, this week not so good.
    Have a good night. :)

Hi Joanne
    I am not surprised You would need to read the owners manual.
    Today's cars have so many features, One thing I would do if I had one was disable Wireless so it can not be hacked.

We will be sitting down at 2PM to eat Lunch. I had 3 small pancakes for breakfast,
    a Banana and a NS Coffee Protein shake.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi...Congrats on the new car, Jo! Your pies sound delicious.
    I haven't had lemon meringue pie in decades. I think it was my Mom's favorite. :)
    Roger, your Thanksgiving sounds like a true feast!
    I made the marinated salad, cornbread, cranberry sauce, and baked the Mrs. Smith's pumpkin pie.
    When I get up tomorrow, I'll get the turkey ready, and maybe work on some potatoes,
    and some appetizers for while we're waiting. :) It'll be fun.
    Have a good night, everyone....and a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. :)

Hi Vix
    My Brother over does it for Holidays. Thanksgiving must be Turkey, Not Ham or anything else.
    One thing missing is a good home made Corn bread, Oh well there is so much to overeat already :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    I was up early baking my apple pie, kitchen is all clean and now I am going out to play with my new car.
    Enjoy your day! :)

Hi Again
    Right Now the kitchen is clean, The Turkey is on a platter in the oven and the roaster is washed, dried and put away.

My Brother did a lot of the prep Yesterday, Today he did the snack tray and the Deviled Eggs.
    All the needs it is now ready to heat in the oven and serve, carve the Turkey and done.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I've finished cleaning up! We had a wonderful day!
    Happy-Thanksgiving-Photos.jpg
    d388d8563b35e210fb12c6deee0c85cb.jpg

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Had a wonderful day yesterday, ate way too much. :) The good thing about going to someone else's house is no leftover tempting goodies at my house.
    My sister gave me two big shopping bags of books. I went through them and got about a dozen that I hadn't read.
    I will pass the rest on to one of my co-workers.
    Today will be grocery shopping, taking down and putting away the thankgiving decorations, taking the christmas decorations out of the attic and general house cleaning. I do not plan on going to any stores today, other than the grocery. It will be a zoo all day, and hard to find parking spaces.
    Have a great day. :)
  • eku0
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Good morning. Made my kids take most of the leftovers other than the turkey and salad.
    Jo, nice that you got new books and some to pass on....I will not be shopping at all today either. Too crazy.
    Yesterday was wonderful time with family. :)
    post_thanksgiving_fullness_by_lone_wolf_666-d33ltum.jpg
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I hope everybody survived the Holiday with minimal diet damage :)

When I left the House this morning I could barely see the far end of the block for the fog. By the time I got home it had cleared up. Temperatures were not too bad either. I did wear gloves during the walk, heavy at the start and light by the end as the Sun warmed things up.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Had a wonderful day yesterday, ate way too much. :)
    The good thing about going to someone else's house is no leftover tempting goodies at my house.
    My sister gave me two big shopping bags of books. I went through them and got about a dozen that I hadn't read.
    I will pass the rest on to one of my co-workers.
    Today will be grocery shopping, taking down and putting away the Thanksgiving decorations,
    taking the christmas decorations out of the attic and general house cleaning. I do not plan on going to any stores today,
    Other than the grocery. It will be a zoo all day, and hard to find parking spaces.

Hi Joanne
    Unless Your Grocery store is in a mall where they have Black Friday Sales I suspect it will be slow today :)
    I think I will leave the Thanksgiving Decorations up for a couple more days.
    I was out walking Yesterday in the Late afternoon as well as in the morning,
    It didn't help BTW, The scale still gave me bad news :)

As I walked the second time I could see Christmas decorations already up or being put up.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good morning. Made my kids take most of the leftovers other than the turkey and salad.
    Jo, nice that you got new books and some to pass on....I will not be shopping at all today either. Too crazy.
    Yesterday was wonderful time with family. :)
    post_thanksgiving_fullness_by_lone_wolf_666-d33ltum.jpg
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    We have so many fattening leftovers :(
    I must be strong and resist :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, I'm going to stick to the good stuff. The scale bounced up 2.5 pounds in one day, but I know most of that is probably from the carbs that make me swell up. I didn't do too badly on calories. Today, I'm back to fruit, veggies, and protein.
    We have beautiful weather here today, so I did enjoy a short walk in the park.
    Hope everyone has a nice Friday. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    saturday%2Bimages..jpg
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning, well I didn't have our thanksgiving meal yet we will have ours on Sunday. Feeling kinda tired thats because of the long hours only walking 30 minutes before I go to work I now leave at 5:30 am now but hope to keep in touch on the weekends today we are going for our tree we cut it down every year have fun
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Irene-how fun picking out and cutting your own tree. We did that once when the kids were little. We now have a small artificial tree.
    I put up some decorations yesterday and today I put the candles in the windows. I haven't decided if I want to put up the tree this year, since my son isn't coming over.
    Roger-it was a beautiful day yesterday, if the front of the house was finished I would have been out putting lights on the bushes. There is staging up in the front of the house, probably for the next week.
    Vix-I was up a couple of lbs. and it will probably take me a week to get it off again. I have been thinking of checking out a couple of local gyms and see what they have to offer. I have been finding all kinds of excused to not exercise at home.
    It is raining here today, so I may get started on reading some of the books my sister gave me.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking, Surprise :)

My Thanksgiving holiday plans did not survive contact with the enemy, My Brothers Feast of a meal.
    However last night we broke down the Turkey, Vacuum sealed it and froze it.
    Likewise with the larger Homemade Lasagna, over 1/2 of the Mashed Potatoes & Bread stuffing,
    and the entire second Homemade Pumpkin Pie. All in the freezer and safe from temptation.

When I got on the scale it said, One at a time Please :)

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Roger, I'm going to stick to the good stuff.
    The scale bounced up 2.5 pounds in one day,
    but I know most of that is probably from the carbs that make me swell up.
    I didn't do too badly on calories. Today, I'm back to fruit, veggies, and protein.
    We have beautiful weather here today, so I did enjoy a short walk in the park.
    Hope everyone has a nice Friday. :)

Hi Vix
    I suspect that I am holding water, there is no way I went up that much in one day either :)

Today I am back to 100% Nutrisystem Plan until Christmas anyway.

The weather outside was dank looking and still looks dreary and feels damp.

Have A Good Weekend
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Irene...cool that you still have Thanksgiving dinner to look forward to. :) Sorry you have to work so much. It'll be nice to get a fresh tree...how fun. :)
    Jo, I'm going to work on my wreath for the front door today. We'll probably put a few lights on the porch and that'll be it for decorations. I hope you put up a picture when your house is finished...I'm sure it'll be great! :)
    Roger....good that you're taking the temptations away! I'm just telling myself that any of the things I shouldn't eat will make me feel bad, so it's just not worth eating them....however, I'm still having a hard time with some of the goodies. I'm going to see if I can make it today without eating anything sugary. One day at a time. :) Not going for a walk today, but may go out to a store later....hubs wants to get me a B-day present. I suggested a fitbit. It's overast and kind of nasty looking outside.
    Hope everyone has a happy day. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning....rainy and cool here today.
    Happy Thanksgiving, Irene! :)
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    I worked this morning.
    Roger-smart idea to freeze all the leftovers, no temptation.
    Vix-Did you get a fitbit? No rain today, but cold.
    Irene-I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner today.
    Didn't do much today,it was nice to relax.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    A litle chilly and dreary looking out this morning when I was walking, Later on the Sun came out and the day looks better. I walked to the Dunkin Donuts and Picked up a Free Glazed Donut for my Brother and a Extra Large Black Coffee for me.

I'm trying to decide whether to delay my next order and use up more of the food on hand. Decisions, decisions!

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger
    Irene...cool that you still have Thanksgiving dinner to look forward to. :) Sorry you have to work so much. It'll be nice to get a fresh tree...how fun. :)
    Jo, I'm going to work on my wreath for the front door today. We'll probably put a few lights on the porch and that'll be it for decorations. I hope you put up a picture when your house is finished...I'm sure it'll be great! :)
    Roger....good that you're taking the temptations away! I'm just telling myself that any of the things I shouldn't eat will make me feel bad, so it's just not worth eating them....however, I'm still having a hard time with some of the goodies. I'm going to see if I can make it today without eating anything sugary. One day at a time. :) Not going for a walk today, but may go out to a store later....hubs wants to get me a B-day present. I suggested a fitbit. It's overcast and kind of nasty looking outside.
    Hope everyone has a happy day. :)
    Good morning....rainy and cool here today.
    Happy Thanksgiving, Irene! :)
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I do use the lowest cost basic Fitbit, The Zip. However since my use for it is to track steps and as a pocket clock it fills the need. Yes I put in the pants pocket and it works just fine that way. No Cable needed as it uses a little wireless USB receiver and a CR2025 replaceable battery.

I suspect that the sweets I did eat have made me retain water as no added salt was used in any of the foods my brother prepared.

It is very tough to be 100% 1ll of the time sadly.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    I worked this morning.
    Roger-smart idea to freeze all the leftovers, no temptation.
    Vix-Did you get a fitbit? No rain today, but cold.
    Irene-I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner today.
    Didn't do much today,it was nice to relax.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    That was what it took :)

It Looked like it had recently rained when I went out this morning for my walk so I put the little folding umbrella in my pocket, just in case. You never need a umbrella when You have it with You nearly as much as when You do not. Murphy never sleeps :)

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Jo, I did get a fitbit but I returned it. I started reading the instructions and it said if you have carpal tunnel or other musculo-skeletal issues and your hands tingle or get numb, you should contact your doctor before use and discontinue use if you have symptoms. My hands tingle or get numb from time to time throughout the day, and I just didn't want to take the chance that it would get worse. My husband and I were disappointed, thinking I had gotten a really cool gift. Oh well. We went out and he bought me a desk for my study/craft room that I'll be converting from our guest room. That's a great gift. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all.
    Jo, I did get a fitbit but I returned it. I started reading the instructions and it said if you have carpal tunnel or other musculo-skeletal issues and your hands tingle or get numb, you should contact your doctor before use and discontinue use if you have symptoms. My hands tingle or get numb from time to time throughout the day, and I just didn't want to take the chance that it would get worse. My husband and I were disappointed, thinking I had gotten a really cool gift. Oh well. We went out and he bought me a desk for my study/craft room that I'll be converting from our guest room. That's a great gift. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I suspect that warning may have been for the one that You wear on Your arm. I suspect that something strapped on Your wrist like some FitBits could cause a problem by pressing on the nerves? Or it could have been a lawyer induced warning related to any exercise program :)

I do have a suggestion call the number from this page and see what they say and why
    http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

(877) 623-4997
    M-F 4am-8pm // Sa,Su 6am-5pm (PT)

The FitBit Zip I use clips to the waist area for example or as I use it, I just throw it into my pocket. It only contacts my skin when I pull it out and look at the display.

MY Hands used to get very Numb and Tingly back in the 90s, They would be OK again after being on vacation for a couple of days until I came back to work. I ended up getting the operation, one hand at a time.

Good Luck
    Roger