Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    Options
    Yes, we had picked up the one that goes on your wrist. I pretty much keep track of everything anyway, so I think I'll just get back to paying attention to what I'm doing. It's ok. Thanks for the info, Roger. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    happy-monday.jpg
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    It was cold walking today, I feel it in the fingers mostly, some on the face when the breeze blows. It was 31 degrees in nearby Somerville and showing 33 degrees on the closed in front porch when I left. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer but rainy for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Yes, we had picked up the one that goes on your wrist. I pretty much keep track of everything anyway, so I think I'll just get back to paying attention to what I'm doing. It's ok. Thanks for the info, Roger. :)

Hi Vix
    That was what I suspected. I hope You are having warmer weather than I am.
    When I left the house the Sun was shining and felt good on me. During the walk the clouds moved in and that was that for the Sun. It is now cloudy and filtered Sun and does not feel warm out.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I think it's supposed to be in the low 40s today, but very overcast...rain expected today thru Wednesday, although it is supposed to get a little warmer for the next 2 days. It may have been in the 30s when we went to the gym...I bought a little lined fleece long jacket at Walmart that I put on over my gym clothes, with a pair of gloves it keeps me pretty warm. :)
    Have a nice day, Roger, Irene, and Jo.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Vix-That's disappointing that you couldn't get the fitbit for your wrist. I use to have the zip and would clip it to my bra. It worked great.
    It is cold and sunny here today.
    This morning I made 6 cookies in a jar for christmas gifts, took Vinny to the vet for a shot, went to the grocery store, Michael's and the christmas tree shop. I am ready for a nap. :)
    We need to have the electrical wires that go into the house replaced, they are all frayed. I am glad they found it now before we have any problems. The electrician is coming Friday to replace and we will be without power for 3-4 hours.
    Have a great day. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Sounds like a busy morning, Jo. I wish I could nap!
    I've been keeping busy too. Went to the gym, finished and hung up my holiday door wreath, cleaned the bathrooms, made a pot of soup, and put in a load of laundry. :) Feeling productive. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    funny-December-Friday-of-months.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I went walking + 2 Cents. I shortened it as it was starting to drizzle when I left the house. It kept getting slowly rainier, still not to bad except that my Gloves were slowly getting wet and thus my fingers were getting cold. Therefor I shortened it up somewhat. OTOH Yesterday I had to go back out and ended up 7,000 steps over the days normal walking :)

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
    I think it's supposed to be in the low 40s today, but very overcast...rain expected today thru Wednesday, although it is supposed to get a little warmer for the next 2 days. It may have been in the 30s when we went to the gym...I bought a little lined fleece long jacket at Walmart that I put on over my gym clothes, with a pair of gloves it keeps me pretty warm. :)
    Have a nice day, Roger, Irene, and Jo.

Hi Vix
    It does help to be warm :) They are talking near 60 tomorrow, Whee, We're having a heat wave :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon,
    Vix-That's disappointing that you couldn't get the fitbit for your wrist. I use to have the zip and would clip it to my bra. It worked great.
    It is cold and sunny here today.
    This morning I made 6 cookies in a jar for christmas gifts, took Vinny to the vet for a shot, went to the grocery store, Michael's and the christmas tree shop. I am ready for a nap. :)
    We need to have the electrical wires that go into the house replaced, they are all frayed. I am glad they found it now before we have any problems. The electrician is coming Friday to replace and we will be without power for 3-4 hours.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Joanne
    It sounds as if You have been Busy. Hopefully they will get the wire done faster, not a time of year to be without heat.

I used to clip the zip to the waist of my pants when walking, facing in so I could tip the waistline out and read it easily. I find that the pocket works just as well in many ways and I am not forgetting to move it off of the walking clothes to the in house clothes like I was.

Cheers
    Roger
    Sounds like a busy morning, Jo. I wish I could nap!
    I've been keeping busy too. Went to the gym, finished and hung up my holiday door wreath, cleaned the bathrooms, made a pot of soup, and put in a load of laundry. :) Feeling productive. :)

Hi Again
    Some days I am so tired and still have trouble napping, then run out of energy early in the evening, You have my sympathy with that problem.

Cheers
    Roger

Hi Irene
    I guess Amazon is really pouring on the Overtime right now from Friday on sales.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    I picked up my registration and got a sticker for my car today. On my way home I stopped at LL Bean and bought 2 wool sweaters for my husband for christmas. My shopping is now complete. I am just waiting for a few things that I ordered on line. All I have left to do is some baking. I even wrote out my christmas cards yesterday. They are just waiting for stamps.
    Roger-we had a few sprinkles today, not even enough to turn on the windshield wipers.
    Vix-I'd say you were very productive yesterday.
    Hi Irene-You must be super busy. I got numerous emails stating that cyber monday has been extended to today.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    I went to clay co-op today. It was a nice day. We donated a bunch of ornaments we made to the Senior Center for their Christmas bazaar. Then my buddy and I went out for a nice salad lunch. :)
    Purple heart picked up the bags I left out for them. :)
    I start my Physical therapy tomorrow....all is well.
    Yay for finishing your Christmas shopping, Jo. :) I just need to get a few things, no hurry.
    Irene...I know you must be super busy!
    Roger, good for you for walking....I didn't do any exercise today....sometimes a day of rest is good too. :)
    Have a good night, everyone,
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    coffee-9.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Walked again today, for now the rain has moved out and the next wave of heavier rain will be in later today.

We are going out to the Christmas Tree shop later to look at Window and Yard Decorations.

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger
    Good evening;
    I picked up my registration and got a sticker for my car today. On my way home I stopped at LL Bean and bought 2 wool sweaters for my husband for christmas. My shopping is now complete. I am just waiting for a few things that I ordered on line. All I have left to do is some baking. I even wrote out my christmas cards yesterday. They are just waiting for stamps.
    Roger-we had a few sprinkles today, not even enough to turn on the windshield wipers.
    Vix-I'd say you were very productive yesterday.
    Hi Irene-You must be super busy. I got numerous emails stating that cyber monday has been extended to today.
    Have a great evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    It sounds a little simpler than here in NJ, We have to renew yearly and then every other year the car needs to be inspected for emissions, You need an appointment at a state facility or pay a private licensed facility to do that.

Christmas cards are on my to do list. I ordered the last of my Christmas gifts Online and my brother added a couple things and am having them shipped direct to Washington State to our Sister.

I do not know if it is related to internet traffic or what but my Email has been slow the last few days.

I also ordered the dried fruits for my Brothers home made fruit cakes, Ordered Yesterday and delivery is supposed to be today. it ended up being a vendor in a nearby town and regular cheapest shipping was for today and the FedEx site says out for delivery so, Yea he can start them tomorrow as they need to soak in Rum when cooked.

Cheers
    Roger
    I went to clay co-op today. It was a nice day. We donated a bunch of ornaments we made to the Senior Center for their Christmas bazaar. Then my buddy and I went out for a nice salad lunch. :)
    Purple heart picked up the bags I left out for them. :)
    I start my Physical therapy tomorrow....all is well.
    Yay for finishing your Christmas shopping, Jo. :) I just need to get a few things, no hurry.
    Irene...I know you must be super busy!
    Roger, good for you for walking....I didn't do any exercise today....sometimes a day of rest is good too. :)
    Have a good night, everyone,

Hi Vix
    I hope Your weather is improving :)

Congratulations on the donations.

I hear You, I am thinking day of rest this week too.

Good Luck with the PT
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Roger and Jo and Irene!
    The PT went well...they're very nice. :)
    It really hasn't stopped raining here...but it slows down every so often. Supposed to only be partly cloudy tomorrow, and I think there's some sunshine coming in after that. :)
    You all are so good with your shopping....I never know what to get.
    Mostly stopped sending real Christmas cards and do it by email, guess that's not so good, but it's so much easier! Guess I can count myself officially lazy! oh well.
    Going out with the kids for dinner tonight....it's my birthday...so hard being in December, but we've squeezed it in!
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening;
    Vix-Happy Birthday, enjoy your dinner. I am glad to hear the PT went well.
    Roger-We have to have our cars inspected every year for emissions at a cost of $35.00 and our registrations have to be renewed every 2 years. I have a vanity plate that belonged to my father and has been in the family for over 45 years, so the registration costs me more than if I had a regular number plate.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Jo. Dinner was nice...I had trout almondine with vegetables, and a glass of Reisling. Delicious. But mostly fun spending time with family. :)
    I don't know how often I do registrations and emissions....they made the registration really easy, we can do it online. And the emissions testing has state run centers and it's only about $15. If you go in the middle of the month, there's usually not much of a wait.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    618b8423ea3be7017f017a2aa31eabde.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked today, a reverse route, You see things that way You miss going in the other direction :)
    Factoid: During the walk I passed 5 houses where I could see the Solar panels on the roof, Others may have had them on the side of the roof I could not see. It seems they are becoming more popular

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
    Hi Roger and Jo and Irene!
    The PT went well...they're very nice. :)
    It really hasn't stopped raining here...but it slows down every so often. Supposed to only be partly cloudy tomorrow, and I think there's some sunshine coming in after that. :)
    You all are so good with your shopping....I never know what to get.
    Mostly stopped sending real Christmas cards and do it by email, guess that's not so good, but it's so much easier! Guess I can count myself officially lazy! oh well.
    Going out with the kids for dinner tonight....it's my birthday...so hard being in December, but we've squeezed it in!
    Enjoy your day. :)
    Good Evening;
    Vix-Happy Birthday, enjoy your dinner. I am glad to hear the PT went well.
    Roger-We have to have our cars inspected every year for emissions at a cost of $35.00 and our registrations have to be renewed every 2 years. I have a vanity plate that belonged to my father and has been in the family for over 45 years, so the registration costs me more than if I had a regular number plate.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Vanity plates are extra here too. It sounds as if You and Vix get off easier in the $ amount, The State run locations are so bad I would rather pay the mechanic $50 than deal with them.

Registrations are yearly, I wish they were two year renewals. OTOH Emissions are a every two years so I guess it is a wash that way.

Cheers
    Roger
    Thanks, Jo. Dinner was nice...I had trout almondine with vegetables, and a glass of Reisling. Delicious. But mostly fun spending time with family. :)
    I don't know how often I do registrations and emissions....they made the registration really easy, we can do it online. And the emissions testing has state run centers and it's only about $15. If you go in the middle of the month, there's usually not much of a wait.

Hi Vix
    Happy belated Birthday. It sounds as if You had a really nice time out.
    It could be worse, Your Birthday could have been on December 7th or 11th.

I can renew online or via US Mail or at a DMV location. They have made the process pretty fast at the locations. Years ago it was a 1/2 day thing if You were lucky :)

It was Sunny, Then Cloudy and now it is sunny again, I wish it would make up its mind.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    The sun is peeking in and out here too. Um...my anniversary is Dec. 7th! uh-huh. yep.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-I lot of the houses in my area have solar panels. I remember back in the 80's when solar was popular. It didn't last long. I wonder how long they will last this time?
    Vix-I loved Dr. Seuss when I was little. I had a large collection of his books. I believe I passed them on to one of my nephews.
    I am tired today, Vinny was very whinny last night and kept me awake. Finally at 1:30 I got up and gave him a handful of dry food and he settled down after that.
    Enjoy the rest of the day. :)

• eku0
    Options
    Roger, thanks for the belated birthday wishes. It was a lot of fun.
    Jo, sorry Vinny kept you up. I took some melatonin last night to help me sleep. It works pretty well. :)
    I wish we all had solar panels, and geothermal, and wind turbines and electric rechargeable cars. Ha-ha...no more oil and gas and very little purchased electric and a cleaner world.