• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    good-morning-9a.jpg
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    It was warm enough that I only used a sweatshirt for my walk + really beat up penny. I started out with gloves but removed before I got my coffee as they were not needed today. Nice weather :) I picked up a ex large coffee at Dunkin Donuts and a free glazed donut that I passed on to my brother. Donut is free by showing the AARP card when buying the Extra Large coffee. The way I look at it, I may not eat it however my brother will and the price is right.

Have a Great Sunday
    Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Frugal. :)
    I made a small, old fashioned simple cheesecake, using neufchatel instead of
    full fat cream cheese. It only uses 2 8 oz packages,1/2 cup sugar, 2 eggs, vanilla,
    and a graham cracker crust. I substituted chopped nuts for the crust.
    It's not as good as the bigger ones with more ingredients, but still a treat for us.
    Some of the better recipes use 4 packs of cream cheese, and sour cream, and flavorings.
    I love a good cheesecake! I was going for quick, easy, and not too bad for the diet. :p

Hi Vix
    I love a good Cheese cake too. I am waiting for my brother to decide to make one
    and then I must be brave and only eat a small slice.

Then my Brother made a second recipe of fruit cake since the first recipe batches will not
    be ready for a while as they get soaked in Rum or Brandy (I can't remember right now)
    for weeks before eating. This one looks like 21g = 68 calories. Since it is muffins and loaves.
    I may be alright eating it if I am careful, Hopefully :)

Wish Me Luck
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Hi again;
    Had to cut my post short this morning because my daughter was waiting for me.
    The front of the house is finished, except for the shutters, only 3 more sides to go. :)
    Vix-Your dinner sounds nice, especially the cheesecake.(Can you tell I like desserts.) :p
    I am going to try and post a picture of the front of the house, wish me luck.

Hi Joanne
    That is a bigger house than I had visualized, I guess that contributes to the slowness of the work.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Well it was back to work for me this morning. I am off for the next two days. My daughter is having lasix surgery tomorrow, so I have to drive her and then on Tuesday morning she has to go back so they can check her eyes.
    She has worn glasses since she was 10, then contacts.
    Vix-We are going with black shutters.
    Roger-good luck resisting the fruit cake. I would not be tempted at all. Hubby otoh would eat every last bite. :)
    Today I am making candied nuts to give as gifts to the men in the family.
    I never think to use my AARP card or my AAA card. There are a lot of places that give discounts.
    Have a great afternoon. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    I like a little sliver of fruit cake, but haven't had it for years...I would definitely be tempted!
    My house is a light gray with black shutters...I like the black shutters on gray! Good choice. :smiley:
    Best wishes to your daughter, Jo....I'm sure she will love not having to wear glasses! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    chocolate-good-morning.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was slightly cooler and foggy this morning.
    After returning from my walk and eating breakfast I decided to get a haircut and go to Costco.
    It is supposed to rain later today :)

I am currently listening to a Old Time Radio show called "Your Army Air Force"
    They did an interview regarding the Atomic Bomb and now playing music.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Well it was back to work for me this morning. I am off for the next two days.
    My daughter is having lasix surgery tomorrow, so I have to drive her and then on Tuesday
    morning she has to go back so they can check her eyes.
    She has worn glasses since she was 10, then contacts.
    Vix-We are going with black shutters.
    Roger-good luck resisting the fruit cake. I would not be tempted at all.
    Hubby otoh would eat every last bite. :)
    Today I am making candied nuts to give as gifts to the men in the family.
    I never think to use my AARP card or my AAA card. There are a lot of places that give discounts.
    Have a great afternoon. :)

Hi Joanne
    The Home Made Fruit cakes are so much better than the ones You buy in the store, Especially the
    Enttenmans.
    I ended up looking up the nutrition info on the Internet. 1/4 of the large Fruitcake Cupcake =
    a NS Dessert so I used a 1/4 for my afternoon dessert and another 1/4 as the evening dessert.
    I am going to have to freeze some, my brother made a large batch.

I never think of that either, I only discovered it when looking at the Dunkin Donuts site to
    see if they had other deals beyond One free Coffee with registration of the gift card I was given.
    It seems that is one way, taking the survey and putting a code on the receipt they give You gets a
    free Donut and showing the AARP card with a extra Large coffee gets a free donut every visit
    if desired.

Cheers
    Roger
    I like a little sliver of fruit cake, but haven't had it for years...
    I would definitely be tempted!
    My house is a light gray with black shutters...I like the black shutters on gray!
    Good choice. :smiley:
    Best wishes to your daughter, Jo....I'm sure she will love not having to wear glasses! :)

Hi Vix
    The trick is to find a good fruitcake :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    One of my friends was born in Germany. She brought a stollen into class last week. I had a little sliver of that. It was delicious. :smiley:
    It was 66 today....I'm walking around with just a light sweater, in the middle of December! I love it! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    My daughter's lasix surgery seem to be a success. She has plastic eye protectors that she has to wear until she sees the doctor tomorrow. They are taped to her face. She looks like an alien. :) She can't read, watch TV or use the computer today. She also has to put drops in her eyes every hour and another drop that she puts in 4x a day. The surgery only took about 20 minutes.
    Roger-good idea to freeze the fruitcake. Usually if I freeze something I am less tempted to eat it because I have to either wait until it thaws or heat it up.
    Have a great evening. :)

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    hi all , well another week and our peak sesaon will be over it really has been hard not so much the 11 hour shifts but adding another day on is hard I have been working 55 hour weeks but another week and it will be over.Jo glad your daughter eye surgery went well take care all
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Irene...glad your long weeks are almost over. Glad you could stop in to say hi. Hang in there!
    Jo, glad your daughter's lasix went well. That sounds like a lot of eye drops! Good luck at the doc today.
    It's starting to cool down a little here, but still in the 50s. Looks like it will be in the 30s for our little getaway to Baltimore on the weekend.
    Every year around this time, I try to reconnect with some of the few relatives I have left. I am so happy, this year 4 have responded. Now to keep it going throughout the year. :)
    Clay class today.
    Enjoy your day, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Follow up apt. went well. My daughter has 20/20 in one eye and 20/15 in the other. While we were there she got an email for a job interview this afternoon at 3. It is working for 5 orthopedic surgeons, 2 of which are part time.
    She would be their surgical booker. It is also closer to home. She really hates the commute to her job now. Sometimes she doesn't get home until 8 or 9 pm. It makes for a really long day.
    Irene-good to hear from you, not too much longer and you can relax a bit.
    Vix-It was 63 when I was driving home from the doctor. I am loving this weather. It is always good to connect with family. We try to get together 4th of July and Christmas. Other than that everyone is busy with their own lives and families.
    Today I am making twix cookies to take to my hairdresser when I go for my appt. tomorrow.
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Windy out today, The Temperatures are OK however. I dropped of the free with my AARP card at Dunkin Donuts donut at the recycle center. While there I also dropped off a $20 Dunkin Donut Gift Card to say thank You for all the help over the last two years when I am there :)

Cheers
    Roger
    One of my friends was born in Germany. She brought a stollen into
    class last week. I had a little sliver of that. It was delicious. :smiley:
    It was 66 today....I'm walking around with just a light sweater, in the middle of December!
    I love it! :)

Hi Vix
    I am loving this weather too. Record Warmth, should mean a lower heating bill :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good evening;
    My daughter's lasix surgery seem to be a success.
    She has plastic eye protectors that she has to wear until she sees the doctor tomorrow.
    They are taped to her face. She looks like an alien. :)
    She can't read, watch TV or use the computer today. She also has to put drops
    in her eyes every hour and another drop that she puts in 4x a day.
    The surgery only took about 20 minutes.
    Roger-good idea to freeze the fruitcake. Usually if I freeze something I am less tempted to eat
    it because I have to either wait until it thaws or heat it up.
    Have a great evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I seem to recall that there eye drops on that type of schedule after Eye surgery on a
    family member for cataracts too.

Cheers
    Roger
    hi all , well another week and our peak sesaon will be over
    it really has been hard not so much the 11 hour shifts but adding another day on is hard
    I have been working 55 hour weeks but another week and it will be over.
    Jo glad your daughter eye surgery went well take care all

Hi Irene
    That sound like good news, only one more week :)

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Irene...glad your long weeks are almost over. Glad you could stop in to say hi. Hang in there!
    Jo, glad your daughter's lasix went well. That sounds like a lot of eye drops!
    Good luck at the doc today.
    It's starting to cool down a little here, but still in the 50s.
    Looks like it will be in the 30s for our little getaway to Baltimore on the weekend.
    Every year around this time, I try to reconnect with some of the few relatives I have left
    I am so happy, this year 4 have responded. Now to keep it going throughout the year. :)
    Clay class today.
    Enjoy your day, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    Good Luck with Your trip to Balitmore and Your weather for the weekend sounds colder
    than my forecast, I wonder why?

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Follow up apt. went well. My daughter has 20/20 in one eye and 20/15 in the other.
    While we were there she got an email for a job interview this afternoon at 3.
    It is working for 5 orthopedic surgeons, 2 of which are part time.
    She would be their surgical booker. It is also closer to home.
    She really hates the commute to her job now. Sometimes she doesn't get home until 8 or 9 pm.
    It makes for a really long day.
    Irene-good to hear from you, not too much longer and you can relax a bit.
    Vix-It was 63 when I was driving home from the doctor. I am loving this weather.
    It is always good to connect with family. We try to get together 4th of July and Christmas.
    Other than that everyone is busy with their own lives and families.
    Today I am making twix cookies to take to my hairdresser when I go for my appt. tomorrow.

Hi Again
    I worked with people that had long commutes like that and I know I would hate it too.

What Family I have is all over the country anymore, sadly.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    My family is scattered all over the country too....thank goodness my kids are close.
    Good luck to your daughter getting the job closer to home Jo. I've had some long commutes too. It's not fun.
    It's cooling off here now. I brought a jacket with me today, and by late afternoon, I was glad I had it with me, it was definitely chilly.
    Some furniture we ordered is being delivered tomorrow. I will have a real desk of my own, and we are getting a frame for the guest bed, and a table and chairs for the basement. I think I might miss having my laptop at the table in the morning room!
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Good morning.
    I had some sad news.
    In reconnecting with relatives, I learned that one of my cousin's daughters is struggling to recover from having both legs amputated below the knee. She has type 1 diabetes and RA, and is currently fighting infections. Prayers for Caryn would be appreciated. She is having a tough time of it. They also have a website. She has been making bead bracelets and contributing to the American Diabetes Society. If interested: www.sachofbeads.com. Thanks.
    So, it's a gray and gloomy day here. The furniture we ordered is to be delivered this morning...a desk for me, a bedframe for our guest room and a table and chairs for the basement. I have a PT appt and a dentist appt this afternoon.
    Wishing everyone a good day.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    Vix-I will keep your cousin's daughter in my prayers.
    The beauty of laptops is that they are portable.
    It was a beautiful sunny day here.
    Roger-you are a thoughtful and kind person. I am sure they appreciated your generosity.
    I am lucky and most of my immediate family are close by.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Jo.
    Had a busy day. It was mostly overcast and a little chilly today, but I was running around so much it didn't matter to me. My teeth are clean, no problems. Yay!
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    While it was cooler outside this morning it was still well above average for this date. Today is still 10 degrees above average.

Christmas shopping id done and Cards are all sent unless something pops up so that is good.

Cheers
    Roger
    My family is scattered all over the country too....
    thank goodness my kids are close.
    Good luck to your daughter getting the job closer to home Jo. I've had some long commutes too. It's not fun.
    It's cooling off here now. I brought a jacket with me today, and by late afternoon,
    I was glad I had it with me, it was definitely chilly. Some furniture we ordered is being delivered
    tomorrow. I will have a real desk of my own, and we are getting a frame for the guest bed,
    and a table and chairs for the basement. I think I might miss having my laptop at the table in
    the morning room!
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It sounds as if You had a successful shopping excursion. I have a desk I use for the laptop
    that I use for certain things too. Use the Desk for Financial work and leave the laptop wherever
    You feel most comfortable with it. That is the beauty of it being portable. Use a wireless printer
    and then it can truly be used anywhere.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    I had some sad news.
    In reconnecting with relatives, I learned that one of my cousin's daughters is struggling
    to recover from having both legs amputated below the knee. She has type 1 diabetes and RA,
    and is currently fighting infections. Prayers for Caryn would be appreciated.
    She is having a tough time of it. They also have a website.
    She has been making bead bracelets and contributing to the American Diabetes Society.
    If interested: www.sachofbeads.com. Thanks.
    So, it's a gray and gloomy day here. The furniture we ordered is to be delivered this morning...
    a desk for me, a bedframe for our guest room and a table and chairs for the basement.
    I have a PT appt and a dentist appt this afternoon.
    Wishing everyone a good day.

Hi Again
    I was saddened to hear about Caryn. Diabetes is truly a sneaky evil disease. I had a friend
    many years ago whose father was in a wheelchair from the same cause.
    You are welcome to my prayers for that cause, I just wish they were not needed.

The Local Quick Chek where I get coffee some mornings has a collection jar for the ADS.

Today started out Sunny and by afternoon was completely clouded over.

I hope You got good news at the dentist :)
    Roger
    Good evening;
    Vix-I will keep your cousin's daughter in my prayers.
    The beauty of laptops is that they are portable.
    It was a beautiful sunny day here.
    Roger-you are a thoughtful and kind person. I am sure they appreciated your generosity.
    I am lucky and most of my immediate family are close by.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    The first person who is one of the ones we deal with when we go turned down the offer,
    Instead he called the other fella over that is there most of the time and introduced him saying
    He is a generous person and then introduced me to that person as being a generous & kind person too.
    For the Donut he called over the the Young person working there saying, come on over we have
    Breakfast for You :)

we have never had any problems there and often they bring the front loader over so we can just put the stuff into the
    bucket rather than having to go up and down the ladders to throw in into the dumpsters.

We live in a very good town. They do a good job taking care of the many parks to. I often wave to
    the police while walking and they wave back, sometimes they are first.

Cheers
    Roger
    Thanks, Jo.
    Had a busy day. It was mostly overcast and a little chilly today, but I was running around
    so much it didn't matter to me. My teeth are clean, no problems. Yay!
    Have a good night, everyone.

Hi Once again
    Congratulations, no problems is always good news at teh dentist :)

Have a good evening
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    good morning, good news about the dentist I love the feel of just getting my teeth cleaned . Vix sorry to hear about your cousin prayers are sent such a horrible thing to have well need to go to work I am so looking forward to this over time to be over
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Will be back later....gotta run. The cleaning people are here, and then I'm off to painting class.
    Thanks for the prayers everyone, much appreciated.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was a darkish day outside and still is, As I wait for the rain to arrive. The temperatures outside are OK today, tomorrow it starts going down as we head towards the weekend.

I finished up the food log for Yesterday and today is planned and printed out. I did delay my next NS order until the new year as I want to use up some of my surplus foods.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    good morning, good news about the dentist I love the feel of just
    getting my teeth cleaned .
    Vix sorry to hear about your cousin prayers are sent such a horrible thing to have
    well need to go to work I am so looking forward to this over time to be over

Hi Irene
    I am completely different, I dislike anything at the dentist and only go with reluctance if I have a problem :)

I bet You are ready to get back to a decent schedule too.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Will be back later....gotta run. The cleaning people are here, and then I'm off to painting class.
    Thanks for the prayers everyone, much appreciated.

Hi Vix
    You are more trusting than I, I hang around when anybody is doing something in the house.

Cheers
    Roger

P.S. Is that unrest in Baltimore I saw on the TV last night having any impact on You or Your plans?