Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Irene, I like the feel of freshly cleaned teeth too! :)
    Roger, we're far enough away from Baltimore that it doesn't affect us, about 35-45 miles, but we will be staying in Baltimore this weekend. I didn't see the news last night, but it will probably be fine. We'll be in the tourist area.
    My cleaning people have been in business for a long time, they work for the builders and have built up a good reputation. I'm sure they wouldn't want to do anything to ruin that. I am not always so trusting. But it's nice to be able to be. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good evening,
    I am typing this on my iPad. My laptop won't turn off and is very hot. I can hear the fan running. This happened once before and I can't remember how I resolved the problem.
    Have a good evening

• eku0
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Jo, you can try ctrl-alt-delete twice.....or you can take the battery out.

Have a good night, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi Vix-thanks for the info. Hubby took the back off and then the fan shut off. It seems to be working fine now.
    Were you happy with the job the cleaning people did?
    Have a great time in Baltimore.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    On this mornings walk + 1 cent, I stopped at a different Quick Chek for a coffee refill, then I delivered Baked goods from my Brothers Baking frenzy Yesterday :)
    I continued over to the Car repair shop and delivered a loaf of Beer Raised bread + 1/4 pound of Kellers Butter, a dozen home made Oatmeal Raisin cookies, a Fruit Cake made with a test recipe for feedback, and a different recipe of Chocolate Truffles rolled in powdered sugar.
    Much easier using the backpack to carry everything. I bought that cheap thing ($10) originally to be able to buy things on my walking and carry them back to the house.

Then I continued walking to reach my distance by the time I got home. The Temperatures were colder by the end of the walk as the predicted temperatures are for colder throughout the day as the day progresses. It is still overcast outside, no Sun yet and the breeze picked up during the walk too.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening,
    I am typing this on my iPad. My laptop won't turn off and is very hot. I can hear the fan running. This happened once before and I can't remember how I resolved the problem.
    Have a good evening
    Hi Joanne
    When that happens, unplug the AC adapter and pull the battery as Vix said. BTW never put it into a laptop bag/case if running, the heat is bad for it. I am guessing You tried closing the screen to see if it would go to sleep or Hibernate?

If It runs hotter than it normally does it means something is working the CPU hard. The higher the CPU usage the more heat it generates. The other possibility is that the CPU heatsink fins need cleaning.
    Look at this page for suggestions by HP.
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01657439
    HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating

I used to work in a Authorized Service Provider for a couple of brands of laptops so I have run into this problem in the past more than once.

Another thing is to Ctrl = Alt + Del and bring up the task manager if running windows and sort the CPU usage column to see what is using all the CPU. You can also close the CPU hog that way to see if that helps. BTW some of the Microsoft Security updates can run the CPU at 100% for a while while doing their work. If You see Trusted Installer running that could be the cause.

Good Luck
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Jo, you can try ctrl-alt-delete twice.....or you can take the battery out.

Have a good night, everyone.
    Hi Vix-thanks for the info. Hubby took the back off and then the fan shut off. It seems to be working fine now.
    Were you happy with the job the cleaning people did?
    Have a great time in Baltimore.

Hi Again
    BTW even Desktops need the Dust cleaned out of the heatsinks now and then.

Cheers
    Roger
    Irene, I like the feel of freshly cleaned teeth too! :)
    Roger, we're far enough away from Baltimore that it doesn't affect us, about 35-45 miles, but we will be staying in Baltimore this weekend. I didn't see the news last night, but it will probably be fine. We'll be in the tourist area.
    My cleaning people have been in business for a long time, they work for the builders and have built up a good reputation. I'm sure they wouldn't want to do anything to ruin that. I am not always so trusting. But it's nice to be able to be. :)

Hi Vix
    I'm glad to hear You are far enough away to be OK. I hope those problems do not cause You any problems.

I like dealing with people that have been around for a long time too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Did my zumba ghis a.m. and will be going to PT in a few minutes.
    Roger, your brother is some baker. I'm sure the recipients appreciate his generosity. :) You're a good brother for being the delivery man. :) Good that you've kept up with the computer tech stuff, I've let mine lapse...used to do that 15-20 years ago...yikes, so many things are so long ago! haha.
    Jo, good that your laptop is working again...I think sometimes they just act up for no particular reason. :wink:
    I am happy with the job the cleaning people are doing. At least all the surfaces are clean...shower, tub, floors, counters. Hubs noticed that they didn't dust the shelves inside the TV cabinet. No biggie. I mostly have a hard time with the bathrooms and floors. It's overdoing for me to do the scrubbing, etc. And she said they would do the windows in the Spring. :)
    Hi Irene....this should be your last week of long hours coming up....hang in there, rest when you can. :)
    Enoy the day, everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    4bca523a38430ea27cc737146b6338b1.jpg
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Vix-enjoy your weekend.
    Grocery shopping done,trip to michaels done. I am just waiting for my daughter to come over. We are going to a craft show. Then home to finish the candy I started making yesterday. I think I am busier on my day off than if I went to work.
    Have a great day. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Jo....enjoy yours too. Busy, but sounds like fun things. :)
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Much colder today than yesterday. at 11PM Between Thursday and Friday there was a 20 degree temperature drop. It was below freezing this morning, Based on the Ice on the leftover puddles, Add in the 10MPH gusting to 20MPH and it was cold for the portion of my walk where I was walking into the wind.

I picked up a Free Donut at the Dunkin Donut with my Coffee, I give them to my brother or Freeze them for the future.

I do that so the Donuts do not go to Waist, My Waist that is nor do I like waste :)

Seen while walking :)
    F6mY1z.jpg
    Just in case it is hard to read, It says Wine a Bit You'll Feel Better

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Did my zumba ghis a.m. and will be going to PT in a few minutes.
    Roger, your brother is some baker. I'm sure the recipients appreciate his generosity. :) You're a good brother for being the delivery man. :) Good that you've kept up with the computer tech stuff, I've let mine lapse...used to do that 15-20 years ago...yikes, so many things are so long ago! haha.
    Jo, good that your laptop is working again...I think sometimes they just act up for no particular reason. :wink:
    I am happy with the job the cleaning people are doing. At least all the surfaces are clean...shower, tub, floors, counters. Hubs noticed that they didn't dust the shelves inside the TV cabinet. No biggie. I mostly have a hard time with the bathrooms and floors. It's overdoing for me to do the scrubbing, etc. And she said they would do the windows in the Spring. :)
    Hi Irene....this should be your last week of long hours coming up....hang in there, rest when you can. :)
    Enjoy the day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I have some over ripened bananas that he plans to turn into Banana Bread later today. They are not spoiled, just softer than I like.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Vix-enjoy your weekend.
    Grocery shopping done,trip to michaels done. I am just waiting for my daughter to come over. We are going to a craft show. Then home to finish the candy I started making yesterday. I think I am busier on my day off than if I went to work.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Joanne
    You have been busy. By the time I go walking etc. I am not all that much inclined to go out for much of anything.

Good Luck with the Candy
    Roger
    Thanks, Jo....enjoy yours too. Busy, but sounds like fun things. :)

Thanks, You Too
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Seeing the Nutcracker was fun! We stayed downtown overnight. The theater was only 3 blocks from our hotel, so even though it was cold out, it wasn't a bad walk. We also went out to dinner at a very fancy restaurant. The food was wonderful and the service was great. It was pretty much our anniversary splurge dinner. Hubs had the prime rib and I had crab cakes and asparagus.
    Roger, I like to freeze overripe bananas....they're almost like ice cream if eaten frozen. :)
    It's supposed to warm up a little again this week. So far, a mild winter. I'm thankful for that.
    I know everyone must be pretty busy this week. So wishing you all:
    MerryChristmas1.gif
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    hi all well I think our long days working on friday is over (hope so ) I work now untill thursday which is christmas eve I plan on leaving early so I can go to mass hope everything is going good for you all
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all
    Cold again today, slightly less breezy, But still not too good. I went to take a picture while walking and found that I had left the memory card in the computer yesterday, oops :)

I'm off to the Acme Grocery Store shortly, Once my Brother leaves for the Shoprite Grocery Store and I can get out of the Driveway :)

Today Making Banana Nut Bread is planned to use up the super ripe bananas.

Enjoy Your Sunday
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Seeing the Nutcracker was fun! We stayed downtown overnight. The theater was only 3 blocks from our hotel, so even though it was cold out, it wasn't a bad walk. We also went out to dinner at a very fancy restaurant. The food was wonderful and the service was great. It was pretty much our anniversary splurge dinner. Hubs had the prime rib and I had crab cakes and asparagus.
    Roger, I like to freeze overripe bananas....they're almost like ice cream if eaten frozen. :)
    It's supposed to warm up a little again this week. So far, a mild winter. I'm thankful for that.
    I know everyone must be pretty busy this week. So wishing you all:
    MerryChristmas1.gif

Hi Vix
    Good to know all went so well and that the walk was good. Three Blocks is to short to drive and park or take a Taxi :)

I think I would have sprung for the Prime Rib personally as I am not a Seafood eater.

I had a bunch of Bananas go over ripe suddenly, They Were Still green and just showing a touch of Yellow and still really ripe inside. I suspect something with the way they were stored or handled.

This week should be fairly easy, Excluding Tuesday when We will go see some friends in a nearby town. Next Week Wednesday is penciled in for the same sort of thing and that one runs longer so I may not be here that day.

Enjoy Your Sunday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Roger....the prime rib was amazing...I took a bite. :D It just about melted in your mouth. I'm just not supposed to have a lot of red meat....I wouldn't have left any over!
    We're going to see friends this afternoon, and New Year's Eve we're spending with the same 2 couples we've been with for the last several New Year's Eves. It's nice, just relaxing. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Morning;
    Roger-I love banana bread. I will be making pumpkin bread to give as gifts.
    The candy is in the frig so the chocolate can set up. I then have to wrap them. They are also for gifts.
    Vix-Glad you enjoyed the nutcracker. Your dinner sounds lovely. I love crab cakes and asparagus.
    Irene-You must be so happy that OT is almost over.
    Well the craft show way a bust yesterday. It was held in a small store front in the mall. There was a looooong line just to get in. We probably would have been in line for a good couple of hours. So we turned around and came home.
    I am working monday thru thursday this week, so I am trying to get as much accomplished today as I can. I still hae laundry to finish, floors to dust mop and wash, rugs to vacuum and bathrooms to clean. I will make cookies during the week, probably a different kind each day. They will go to work and to my neice's house on christmas.
    Have a relaxing Sunday. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all
    Cold again today, slightly less breezy, But still not too good. I went to take a picture while walking and found that I had left the memory card in the computer yesterday, oops :)

I'm off to the Acme Grocery Store shortly, Once my Brother leaves for the Shoprite Grocery Store and I can get out of the Driveway :)

Today Making Banana Nut Bread is planned to use up the super ripe bananas.

Enjoy Your Sunday
    Roger
    Hi Roger....the prime rib was amazing...I took a bite. :D It just about melted in your mouth. I'm just not supposed to have a lot of red meat....I wouldn't have left any over!
    We're going to see friends this afternoon, and New Year's Eve we're spending with the same 2 couples we've been with for the last several New Year's Eves. It's nice, just relaxing. :)

Hi Vix
    I have been fighting temptation to go to the Diner on a Sunday, That is Prime Rib Day. I usually get the end cut FWIW.

I am hoping to get there Next Year and bring home a big chunk to portion up for use during the week. The Problem is I also like Their Onion Rings with it.

My Brother was asking what do we do for the New Years, I am not sure.
    He is out picking up a Ham for Fridays meal. In his world view Thanksgiving must be Turkey with all the Fixings, Christmas is Ham with Mashed potatoes etc. For New Years he was muttering about A large Roaster Chicken etc.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Good Morning;
    Roger-I love banana bread. I will be making pumpkin bread to give as gifts.
    The candy is in the frig so the chocolate can set up. I then have to wrap them. They are also for gifts.
    Vix-Glad you enjoyed the nutcracker. Your dinner sounds lovely. I love crab cakes and asparagus.
    Irene-You must be so happy that OT is almost over.
    Well the craft show way a bust yesterday. It was held in a small store front in the mall. There was a looooong line just to get in. We probably would have been in line for a good couple of hours. So we turned around and came home.
    I am working Monday thru Thursday this week, so I am trying to get as much accomplished today as I can. I still have laundry to finish, floors to dust mop and wash, rugs to vacuum and bathrooms to clean. I will make cookies during the week, probably a different kind each day. They will go to work and to my niece's house on Christmas.
    Have a relaxing Sunday. :)

Hi Joanne
    I should mention Pumpkin Bread to him, Just for the heck of it as I suspect we have all the ingredients at hand. Good Idea, Thanks for mentioning it.

Sorry about the craft show, If Your weather was like ours two hours would have been to long to stand in the cold.

I did get my laundry done yesterday still need to vacuum however. Maybe later or tomorrow.
    I oopsed it yesterday, I said oh good The dryer is done, Not done, It drys faster if You turn it on :)

Good Luck at work
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Ha, I did the same with my dryer this week, Roger...forgot to turn it on. Funny how it doesn't work that way. ;)
    I love banana bread and pumpkin bread too! Yum. I am being careful to limit myself to small portions of goodies this year. There seems to be more incentive when there are physical consequences.
    Jo I don't know how you do it all! You're amazing!
    Irene....glad you are down to the final countdown for all the extra work. I know you will enjoy relaxing for the holiday!
    Have a happy day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    While Walking Saturday I had a Fully Decorated Christmas tree drive by on my way to the Dunkin Donuts. It was secured upright in the back of a pickup truck.

Cold out this morning, Frost on the car in the driveway. Hard to believe we are supposed to be up to 60 degrees later on.

During todays walk I dropped off a Banana Nut Loaf and a 1/4 lb of butter at our local car repair shop. I heard I'm going to cut a slice off in a few minutes for Breakfast, She said she missed Breakfast from running late today so that works out great. Plus it got rid of the bananas that had become real ripe and I prefer them slightly less ripe :)

Then on the way back home I passed a snow globe decoration that had a steady stream of snow falling onto Frosty & a Penguin inside of it. That is the first one of those I have seen too.

Have a Nice Monday
    Roger
    Ha, I did the same with my dryer this week, Roger...forgot to turn it on. Funny how it doesn't work that way. ;)
    I love banana bread and pumpkin bread too! Yum. I am being careful to limit myself to small portions of goodies this year. There seems to be more incentive when there are physical consequences.
    Jo I don't know how you do it all! You're amazing!
    Irene....glad you are down to the final countdown for all the extra work. I know you will enjoy relaxing for the holiday!
    Have a happy day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    We all have these momentary lapses. In my case I call it a senior moment :)

I have delivery sitting in Carteret at the FedEx facility since Saturday and it still does not show out for delivery today. I guess that is what I get for selecting free shipping :)

I think they are swamped.

Yup most consequences have that effect for most of us. Excluding weight gain itself which is harder.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Roger. That's nice, distributing holiday goodies. One of my neighbors has that snow globe blow up. The PO has delivered packages to our house twice that were on another street. I left notes, and luckily they picked them up on their next round. I'm sure someone was waiting for it!
    Had too many goodies at my friend's house yesterday....I couldn't resist the chocolate cheese cake! Back to the routine today.
    k22256195.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Roger. That's nice, distributing holiday goodies. One of my neighbors has that snow globe blow up. The PO has delivered packages to our house twice that were on another street. I left notes, and luckily they picked them up on their next round. I'm sure someone was waiting for it!
    Had too many goodies at my friend's house yesterday....I couldn't resist the chocolate cheese cake! Back to the routine today.
    k22256195.jpg

Hi Vix
    I got a nice card thanking me for my thoughtful and generous gift from my Mailman. I handed out a Dunkin Donuts Gift card. I figured he might like a hot beverage during this cold weather.

I have two more left to hand out, One for the UPS driver, he always puts packages inside the porch and Knocks and rings the doorbell so i know it is there. The super heavy package he put in the living room, The Exercise equipment delivery.

The FedEx Driver put the packages in the living room too if I'm home. He gets a gift card too, Why not, It is the Christmas season.

What I do with misdeliveries is hand them back the next days delivery too. I figure that way it won't count against them.

Chocolate Cheese Cake sounds delicious. We do have a two slice package of cheesecake in the freezer from a neighbor. She has a good heart, However everything she drops off is fattening :)

Have a Winters Eve. Yup Winter is officially due
    Roger