Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm looking forward to it. I think I'll bring some shrimp and horseradish sauce for the dish and maybe some veggies/crudites. That way, I'll know there's something I can safely snack on! I know I'll have a drink or 2, and will indulge in a small piece of cake. It's hard to be totally on plan! Good luck everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good evening;
    Irene-Sorry you have to work on NYE.
    Roger-I am also staying home. I will probably be asleep by 8pm. I can't remember the last time I went out on NYE.
    Vix-I have been meaning to ask how your cousin's daughter is doing?
    I get out of work tomorrow at 1, so hubby and I are going out to a late lunch. That will be our NYE celebration.
    I am also working new years day for 4 hours, double time.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Goodbye 2015:
    Goodbye-2015-and-hello-2016-photo-150x150.jpg
    Jo, thanks for asking. Since we haven't been in touch for a while and then we had a flurry of emails, I'm waiting a little before writing again. I'm sort of at a loss for words and not sure what to say at this point. But thanks for reminding me....I need to do better.
    Happy New Year's Eve, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Happy New Year's Eve;
    Went out to lunch with hubby and then to Michael's and the Christmas tree shop. We lead such an exciting life. :p
    I am now in for the night.
    Wishing everyone a safe night. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Chilly out and downright cold when the wind blew. I picked up a Dunkin Donuts Coffee on my walk and tried out the Mittens my brother gave me for Christmas. They did a better job in the cold than the gloves do. They are the same brand and warmth rating so it appears he is right when he says Mittens are warmer.

I had too much ham on the 29th and Chinese for lunch with my brother and a friend and then Yesterday we had Brunch, 10:30AM with two friends and now today is New Years Day and I do not know what the day brings yet.

I did a look back and calculation of weight loss since starting NS. 2014 was 129 and 2015 was 79.25 lost. Weight loss has slowed down as the weight has dropped.

Happy New Years Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm looking forward to it. I think I'll bring some shrimp and horseradish sauce for the dish and maybe some veggies/crudites. That way, I'll know there's something I can safely snack on! I know I'll have a drink or 2, and will indulge in a small piece of cake. It's hard to be totally on plan! Good luck everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I know what You mean about being hard to be totally on plan, This is a tough month for anyone! The way I see it maintaining or even a small loss is doing good for the period between Thanksgiving, and New Years day. Throw eating at get togethers into it and Voila, Hard to do city. Just look at this week for me Three hard days in a row :( I think I did good losing 1.25 pounds for the month of December this year.

Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Irene-Sorry you have to work on NYE.
    Roger-I am also staying home. I will probably be asleep by 8pm. I can't remember the last time I went out on NYE.
    Vix-I have been meaning to ask how your cousin's daughter is doing?
    I get out of work tomorrow at 1, so hubby and I are going out to a late lunch. That will be our NYE celebration.
    I am also working new years day for 4 hours, double time.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I stayed at home and opened up a really small bottle of Korbel Champagne at 10:45 to see the new year in a little early, then off to bed.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Goodbye 2015:
    Goodbye-2015-and-hello-2016-photo-150x150.jpg
    Jo, thanks for asking. Since we haven't been in touch for a while and then we had a flurry of emails, I'm waiting a little before writing again. I'm sort of at a loss for words and not sure what to say at this point. But thanks for reminding me....I need to do better.
    Happy New Year's Eve, everyone.

Hi Again
    Nice image, it works so well.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Happy New Year's Eve;
    Went out to lunch with hubby and then to Michael's and the Christmas tree shop. We lead such an exciting life. :p
    I am now in for the night.
    Wishing everyone a safe night. :)

Hi Again
    That sounds like You had a good day to me. Exciting is over rated
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning...was fun last night, I was careful, but did have cake and a couple of drinks...recovery eating today!
    happy_new_year_2016.jpg
    Wishing all a year of health, peace, happiness, and success. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    I am afraid that today may not be a recovery day. I did pull Turkey Breast from the freezer for todays Lunch/Dinner
    protein. I have Frozen vegetables and will most likely use some Small bananas as a SC for Lunch or Dinner, We have
    Brandy soaked Home Made Fruit Cake I will most likely have a slice of for Mid Afternoon Snack and evening Dessert.

I took a look in the cupboard and just in Shelf Stable foods I have over ordered A La Carte items and have 28 days
    of them Plus a Bunch of Frozen breakfasts and Desserts so I think I will adjust my ordering to bring things more into
    balance as well as delay Mondays processing that is scheduled.

Good Luck Recovering, It is New Years Day :)
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,124 Member
    Options
    hi all, happy new years. I worked till 6 pm last night I was in bed by 8 really tired but was up at 11 pm Annie was scared of the fire works but after she calmed down I went right back to sleep. Annie and I went for a nice walk this morning it was a little chilly but it was nice as for what is planned for the rest of the day we will probably go for a ride and then walk take care
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi, hope everyone is having a nice day. Kind of a lazy day for me.
    Glad you were able to get some sleep, Irene. :)
    Roger...I'm sure you'll get back on the wagon soon enough. :)
    I bit the bullet today and upgraded to Windows 10....this is the first I'm using it. So far looks close to Windows 8.1. I think I have a month to check it out and can revert back if I want to.
    Anyway, gray and chilly here today. Don't know if I'll bother trying to do anything... went to bed really late last night! My daughter had let us borrow a game from her called Telestrations. It was fun, sort of like the old telephone game, but added in drawing...we had a lot of laughs.
    Happy-new-year-2015-Poem-for-my-Wife1-200x125.jpg
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Happy New Year!
    I worked this morning, then went grocery shopping, came home did laundry, ate lunch and then I did nothing for the rest of the afternoon.
    Starting tomorrow I am getting back on track.
    Have a good night. :)
  • eku0
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It's cold out, but the sun is shining! Yay!
    Jo, I did nothing the whole day yesterday! Sometimes it's good to do NOTHING! :smiley:
    good-morning-spanish.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I did walk today despite the weather being much colder than yesterday.
    I passed a frozen puddle during my walk. The first one I have seen in a while.
    Add in the breeze and it was chilly out there.

Have a Great New Year
    Roger
    hi all, happy new years. I worked till 6 pm last night I was in bed by 8
    really tired but was up at 11 pm Annie was scared of the fire works but after she calmed down I went right
    back to sleep. Annie and I went for a nice walk this morning it was a little chilly but it was nice as for what is
    planned for the rest of the day we will probably go for a ride and then walk take care

Hi Irene
    We get neighbors shooting off Firecrackers, Rockets a what sounds like more than one shooting off a shotgun at
    midnight every New Years at Midnight as it changes to the New Year :)

Sorry to hear you had to work NYE. I prefer not to be on the roads after dark as there is always someone starts
    who starts celebrating early.

I got out walking on the 1st, it was cold and colder this morning :(
    Actually I did two walks one around 7:30AM and another 1.5 hours around 4:30PM.
    I was listening to some of the episodes of the old time radio serial show called Chandu the Magician.
    I am up to number 77 out of 167 episodes. Each one runs around 11 minutes after I strip out the commercials.

Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger
    Hi, hope everyone is having a nice day. Kind of a lazy day for me.
    Glad you were able to get some sleep, Irene. :)
    Roger...I'm sure you'll get back on the wagon soon enough. :)
    I bit the bullet today and upgraded to Windows 10....this is the first I'm using it. So far looks close to Windows 8.1.
    I think I have a month to check it out and can revert back if I want to.
    Anyway, gray and chilly here today. Don't know if I'll bother trying to do anything...
    went to bed really late last night! My daughter had let us borrow a game from her called Telestrations.
    It was fun, sort of like the old telephone game, but added in drawing...we had a lot of laughs.
    Happy-new-year-2015-Poem-for-my-Wife1-200x125.jpg

Hi Vix
    I was able to get back on the wagon New Years day fortunately :)
    So how do You like Windows 10? If I said I do not have plans to upgrade until they drop support for windows 7
    on the one computer and windows 8.1 on this computer.

I'm not remembering a telephone game.

Cheers
    Roger
    Happy New Year!
    I worked this morning, then went grocery shopping, came home did laundry, ate lunch and then I did nothing
    for the rest of the afternoon.
    Starting tomorrow I am getting back on track.
    Have a good night. :)

Hi Joanne
    if I said why not, it was a Holiday :)

Cheers
    Roger
    It's cold out, but the sun is shining! Yay!
    Jo, I did nothing the whole day yesterday! Sometimes it's good to do NOTHING! :smiley:
    good-morning-spanish.jpg

Hi Again
    Finally a sunny day outside, It is a shame it is so cold however and the forecast is for even colder too.

Have a enjoyable weekend
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    I think winter is finally here.
    Hubby painted the frame work around the new doors and windows. The house is shaping up nicely. The contractor had to order more siding for the back of the house. I figure if he works 2 more days just on the siding, he should be finished with the siding. Then the shutters need to be put on. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)
    Have a good weekend. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, glad the house is coming along....lucky we had such a nice long Fall. :)
    It did get up to the 40s today, which is not so bad, and with the sun shining, it was actually kind of nice out.
    Roger, good for you for getting right back on....me too. :) I'm not sure about Windows 10 yet. It's a little different than my 8.1. I actually liked the 8.1, so I'll give this a little while. It already gave me a couple of notes I wasn't pleased with, like deleting an app because it was incompatible, but I didn't know what the app was for anyway, so....I guess it's no big deal. So far things are working pretty much the same as always.
    Irene, hope you're enjoying your weekend.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    9969d0100ff526430b1555a1db621be6.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I overachieved on my days walk today + 11 cents. I hit my days goal of steps before 10AM. Today was in the low 20s,
    7 degrees colder than yesterday, No breeze thankfully :) I went long today as tomorrow will be even colder so I banked
    some steps just in case I need to shorten due to the cold tomorrow. Tomorrow I plan to leave later than usual,
    go by the 7-Eleven for my coffee, then around to the 1st bank and deposit a check, then on towards the end of the
    walk to the 2nd bank and deposit a check that arrived Saturday to late to go that day.

I used up the last of the small bananas today, 2 before the walk and one blended into a NS vanilla protein shake.
    Three of them weigh slightly more than a medium banana, then chuck out the bad parts and I should have been
    on target for banana weight. Then after the walk the protein shake, a NS Frozen Cinnamon Roll, Both very tasty and my Vitamins.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    I think winter is finally here.
    Hubby painted the frame work around the new doors and windows. The house is shaping up nicely.
    The contractor had to order more siding for the back of the house. I figure if he works 2 more days just on the siding,
    he should be finished with the siding. Then the shutters need to be put on. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)
    Have a good weekend. :)

Hi Joanne
    I agree it felt like winter today while walking and tomorrow should be colder :(

That was some long tunnel, How long has it been now?
    I am surprised he did not have enough siding ordered originally. It should not be to tough to get a
    square footage needed ahead of the first order. I hope he leaves You some extra just in case it is ever needed for repairs.
    We have extra siding and extra roof shingles in the shed out back. We do need to replace two lengths of siding where they
    had a small hole accidentally knocked into them. I could look for a gray caulk for the winter as a temporary measure.
    Then look online to see what tool(s) are needed and how to change them. I'm not real worried about water as the siding
    has foil faced thin foam sheets underneath.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Jo, glad the house is coming along....lucky we had such a nice long Fall. :)
    It did get up to the 40s today, which is not so bad, and with the sun shining, it was actually kind of nice out.
    Roger, good for you for getting right back on....me too. :) I'm not sure about Windows 10 yet. It's a little different than my 8.1.
    I actually liked the 8.1, so I'll give this a little while. It already gave me a couple of notes I wasn't pleased with,
    like deleting an app because it was incompatible, but I didn't know what the app was for anyway, so....I guess it's no big deal.
    So far things are working pretty much the same as always.
    Irene, hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Hi Vix
    It may be slightly above average for the high temperatures, but it still feels bitter when I get out walking right after Sunrise.
    and TBH 1 or 2 degrees is not that high over the average IMO.

I tend to be conservative :)
    As far as windows goes I stayed with Windows XP until MS stopped updating and supporting it, then I went to Windows 7
    and on the one computer, this one that came with windows 8 I did go to Windows 8.1, I like 8.1 too. I did have to add Software
    to have it start at the desktop and add a start button and that made it the best of both windows 7 & 8 combined IMO.

I have done a remove applications when I go to a new Windows anyway. I install it and then if I need something I install it.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Lazy day today. I have been catching up on some of the shows that I have recorded.
    Roger-The house renovation started in the middle of Sept. I am anxious to get my house back together.
    Congrats for hitting your step goal. I actually got on the elliptical for 3 minutes today. I haven't been on in so long that I want to start slow.
    Vix-It is cold again today and supposed to be colder tomorrow. I always find it a little challenging when there are computer upgrades. I am a creature of habit and it takes me a while to get use to the changes.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    It takes me a while to get used to the upgrades too...I think I'll just live with it.
    I looked at the 10 day weather forecast and there is a little light snow coming next week. I could do without it! But it is winter after all.
    Had some friends over today. It was nice. I think that's the last of the parties for a while. Whew....time for the body to recover. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Just posting while waiting for time to go do my walk later.
    I have to wait so that the banks I plan to go to while walking are open.

Later on today the temperatures are forecast to drop as a cold front moves in,
    currently it is a chilly 30 degrees, no cold front needed in my opinion :)

A heads up from dharris1014 AKA Donna, new items with NS.

Good News regarding new foods with the heads up so I looked and so far I see...
    Snack Items
    Apple Pecan Bites
    Creamy Ranch Snack-A-Rounds
    Salt and Vinegar Snack-A-Rounds
    Smoky BBQ Snack-A-Rounds
    Snickerdoodle Cookie
    Sweet and Salty Snack Mix
    Toffee Crunch Cookies
    Vanilla Shortbread Cookies
    Breakfast Items
    Nothing So Far, I remain Hopeful
    Lunch
    White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
    nutricrush™ Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar
    Dinner
    Nothing and I saw only Shelf Stable foods too.

However Since I delayed my order on Saturday I can hope for more Breakfast and Dinner Items
    before the order closes to changes on the 17th.
    Have a Great Week
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Lazy day today. I have been catching up on some of the shows that I have recorded.
    Roger-The house renovation started in the middle of Sept. I am anxious to get my house back together.
    Congrats for hitting your step goal. I actually got on the elliptical for 3 minutes today.
    I haven't been on in so long that I want to start slow.
    Vix-It is cold again today and supposed to be colder tomorrow.
    I always find it a little challenging when there are computer upgrades.
    I am a creature of habit and it takes me a while to get use to the changes.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I was amazed and appalled at how long it took a home on my street to be remodeled,
    I think it must be the contractor, as I saw another home getting much the same thing done to it while walking and
    the work was flying along.

Good idea working into it slow, that was how I did the walks. Walk around the block, add more blocks and keep
    adding length until I have reached my distance and steps goal.

Cheers
    Roger
    It takes me a while to get used to the upgrades too...I think I'll just live with it.
    I looked at the 10 day weather forecast and there is a little light snow coming next week.
    I could do without it! But it is winter after all.
    Had some friends over today. It was nice. I think that's the last of the parties for a while.
    Whew....time for the body to recover. :)

Hi Vix
    I just got the pop up You posted in humorous pictures,
    I'll have to look at them later as it is nearly time to get ready to walk.

I hope Your 10 day forecast is wrong, I am not ready for snow yet :(

According to the scale I have recovered from the Holidays, Now to lose the rest of the weight :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Yes, I am ready for some real weight loss now too. :)
    19eced087804e93629328aca3b086abd.jpg