Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    As long as I don't snack after dinner the scale is good to me.
    Irene sent me a message saying she was having trouble finding us and could I send her a link. How do I do this?
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,183 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10148091/slower-weight-loss-at-50#latest
    just copy the URL at the top of your browser. :) This will do it.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Thanks, I sent it to her. I hope she finds us.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Roger, there are different ways to make prints.
    The woman that sells her paintings every so often found a place where they have a procedure
    (I didn't really understand it, something to do with clay), but they make excellent prints...
    the first one is more expensive and then they use the same plate or whatever it is to make more.
    Some of the other women just go to office depot or Staples....they also make art prints,
    but they said the quality depends on who does it.
    It is fun seeing the work that other people do...some of them are really quite good.
    I am getting things back under control today....basically no snacking. :)
    I had 2 cups of tea last night...that was better. :)
    Enjoy the day!

Hi Vix
    Thank You for the explanation :)
    I have been snacking on the No Sugar Added Sweet Gherkins and No Sugar Added Bread and Butter Spears.
    Both of these pickles are 0 calories per serving which means that each serving can be under 5 calories and
    still be called 0 calories on the nutrition label. Luckily they taste good to me and thus are a decent snack :)

Enjoy Your evening
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon,
    As long as I don't snack after dinner the scale is good to me.
    Irene sent me a message saying she was having trouble finding us and could I send her a link.
    How do I do this?

Hi Joanne
    That is the trick to find out what works for weight loss. I seem to do OK with a NS dessert mid evening :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Thanks, I sent it to her. I hope she finds us.

Hi
    What Vix said and You did should do the job.
    It is the easiest way I know of.

Good Luck
    Roger

• eku0
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning....another foggy, misty, drizzly morning here.
    Not much planned for today. Need to go to the furniture store in Frederick and pick up our 4th chair for the basement. I'll probably do some light cleaning, maybe a stop at the library.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,127 Member
    Options
    hi all had a hard time finding you all , new computer but I found you now hey Jo for some reason it won't let me get messages from the web site but I did see you sent me something thanks . Well since about a week ago my weight has started to come down I stopped drinking diet coke and no snacking so I am actually down 8 pounds I know some of it was water but at this point I don't care as long as I am loosing again. Glad to hear ns is adding some more different food I don't care to much about breakfast but really need different lunches well need to go for a walk take care all
  • eku0
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on the 8 pounds down, Irene! Yay for you! :smiley: (Glad you found us again.) :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Well Yesterday I extended my walk somewhat and hit over 11,000 steps for the day. I try and hit 10K steps as a target FWIW.

I went out at my regular time today + 1 Really beat up penny. It is approximately 8 degrees warmer this morning and still a light breeze. I extended my walk today too, I am over 9k steps currently. Breakfast is finished and the "news" watched. Mostly repetition of yesterdays news. Luckily I had it DVR'd and could skip most of the repeating news.

Breakfast was simple, a Banana before my walk, a NS French Toast and NS Strawberry Protein shake after the walk. Next up in 2 1/2 hours from breakfast I think I'll do a NS Craving Crusher shake or maybe 2+ ounces of Roast Chicken Breast and a couple slices of low calorie Whole Wheat Bread as a PF + SC followed by 1/2 cup of Cottage Cheese and a Apple and NS Entree + 170 Grams of vegetables for Lunch 2 1/2 hours later on.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning....another foggy, misty, drizzly morning here.
    Not much planned for today. Need to go to the furniture store in Frederick
    and pick up our 4th chair for the basement. I'll probably do some light cleaning, maybe a stop at the library.

Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Vix
    So far just cloudy here where I am, Some freezing rain in the NW corner of the state however.
    Rain moving in later today into tomorrow.

Shopping, Cleaning :( Not my favorite activities.

Library, so far I have a backlog of books I bought from them a while ago as well as a couple of new ones
    from Amazon recently so no trip there for me.

Enjoy the weekend
    Roger
    hi all had a hard time finding you all ,
    new computer but I found you now hey Jo for some reason it won't let me get messages from
    the web site but I did see you sent me something thanks .
    Well since about a week ago my weight has started to come down
    I stopped drinking diet coke and no snacking so I am actually down 8 pounds I know some of it was water but
    at this point I don't care as long as I am loosing again. Glad to hear ns is adding some more different food
    I don't care to much about breakfast but really need different lunches well need to go for a walk take care all

Hi Irene
    Since it is a new computer I would call tech support and ask them for help as to why no messages can be read.
    Something to try would be to install FireFox. Here is a link to where to go for it.
    https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
    Depending on if it is for windows use the 64 bit download link there or use the OSX download link for a Apple Mac.
    There are also links for Android and iOS devices. I tend to use it over the Microsoft or Apple products FWIW.

Congratulations on the no more snacking. I am waiting to try the new Breakfast Egg McMuffin sandwich clone
    @ 150 calories it should be a good addition. Some of the New Desserts look really tasty too as well as the
    lunch additions. The nutricrush™ Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar looks good and not to high a calorie count either.
    The White Cheddar Mac and Cheese I did add to my order to try but the heating direction look like a bit of a pain :smile:
    I am waiting to try the Apple Pecan Bites, the Sweet and Salty Snack Mix, Toffee Crunch Cookies and the
    Vanilla Shortbread Cookies more than the 3 Snack-A-Rounds. The Snickerdoodle cookie and the
    Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Nut Bar (Tasty too) are not as new one being a couple of months old and the other
    we had last year.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Wow! Congrats on the 8 pounds down, Irene! Yay for you! :smiley:
    (Glad you found us again.) :)

Hi Again
    Me too
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmm...those deserts all sound yummy. I miss all that stuff! I am eating very little processed food, so I wouldn't be able to do NS now. I am finding things I like, luckily I haven't had to drop chocolate or wine yet. Mostly when I want something sweet, it's either chocolate or fruit.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Irene, I am glad you found us again. Congrats on the 8 lbs. lost.
    Roger-I ordered some of the new items also. I am also thinking about switching my plan to include frozen foods.
    I think if I had more variety I would stick to the plan better. I am getting tired of eating the same things.
    Vix-good luck chair shopping. The rain hasn't hit us yet. It is just cold and gloomy.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Jo! Good luck with the new NS choices. :)
    We didn't need to chair shop...when they delivered our table with 4 chairs, one of the chairs had a bad piece, so we just had to pick up the replacement. Easy peasy.
    It's been misty, foggy, drizzly for a couple of days now. Even though it's not too cold, it seems colder with the dampness and without the sun.
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Warmer today, in the 50s, still raining, colder again tomorrow....oh well.
    Nothing special planned for today.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all, well it is raining here really hard going to wait for our walk. My computer is a hand me down George got a brand new one and I got his which is so much better than my old one, but it was new to me and all my stuff . So glad we are done with all the ot now it is just regular hours . Well for my plans today is clean the house and do a little laundary take care all
  • RogerToo
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmm...those deserts all sound yummy. I miss all that stuff!
    I am eating very little processed food, so I wouldn't be able to do NS now.
    I am finding things I like, luckily I haven't had to drop chocolate or wine yet.
    Mostly when I want something sweet, it's either chocolate or fruit.

Hi Vix
    FWIW I do not worry about processed foods nearly as much as I worry about getting to my weight goal and
    if they get me there so much the better.
    I do not feel that eating three NS entrees and two NS snacks will kill me when the rest of my food is healthy
    Fruits and Vegetables and Meats.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good afternoon,
    Irene, I am glad you found us again. Congrats on the 8 lbs. lost.
    Roger-I ordered some of the new items also. I am also thinking about switching my plan to include frozen foods.
    I think if I had more variety I would stick to the plan better. I am getting tired of eating the same things.
    Vix-good luck chair shopping. The rain hasn't hit us yet. It is just cold and gloomy.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    FWIW as I recall it You can now add $50 or more of frozen to Your order and have free shipping and as I understand it
    also get the 20% discount based on feedback from someone here on this forum. Customer service could confirm that,
    Then hopefully NS gift cards will go on sale again and further reduce the cost.

I have the frozen option and If I were You I would keep looking for a NS sale on it and then jump on it. Some people have
    been able to get the frozen added an a special at almost no additional cost. I need to look at the frozen costs and
    decide if I want to keep it or if it would be cheaper to go to a Shelf Stable only plan and then add Frozen A La Carte to get to a
    50/50 or 40/60 frozen/SS and decide if that works out at a lower cost.

I could hear the rain start sometime after midnight here.

Have a good Day and stay dry
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Warmer today, in the 50s, still raining, colder again tomorrow....oh well.
    Nothing special planned for today.

Hi Vix
    Yup warmer here too and of course wetter than yesterday :)

Cheers
    Roger
    hi all, well it is raining here really hard going to wait for our walk.
    My computer is a hand me down George got a brand new one and I got his which is so much better than my old one,
    but it was new to me and all my stuff . So glad we are done with all the ot now it is just regular hours .
    Well for my plans today is clean the house and do a little laundary take care all

Hi Irene
    I think I will wait for the rain to go away here too and then walk. It was not super hard when I looked out but
    it was steady and puddles all over where I would have to walk. Plus hard to use the walking stick, carry and umbrella
    and carry my coffee with only two hands. The last time I tried that I wore some of the coffee :)

Enjoy the new to you computer.
    Try a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome. Try MFP support and see what they say too.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Roger, I wouldn't worry about the processed food either, except for my auto-immune problems. Some people can handle it better than others. And I agree, sometimes it's more important to get the weight down. I'm not saying what I do is good for everyone, it's just what I have to do for my particular body....and I'm still figuring it out.
    NS worked well for me when I was very heavy and didn't know any alternative that would be better for me. WW didn't work at all.
    I think people should do what works for them. I just read another book about auto-immune diets and it's way more restrictive than what I'm currently doing. I'm going to stick with my current diet and see if the doc has any comments in Feb when I see him again. I think I'm feeling a little better than I was. I don't feel as well if I eat processed food. So, that's incentive.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    It has been pouring here all day.
    Roger-I am still procrastinating about weather I want to spend the extra money,whether switching to frozen or ordering it ala carte.
    Irene-good luck with the new/old computer. :) My hubby is the one who usually gets the hand me downs.
    Vix-Are you able to eat carbs? I wouldn't want to give up chocolate either.
    Roger and Irene, I hope you both were able to get out to walk today.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Jo! :)
    I can eat fruit and vegetables....there's actually a lot of carbs in them.
    I walked around my neighborhood today, it started raining again on my way back, but not too much. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all, we did get out and walked the rain did stop for awhile we also went for ride which was nice. Not crazy about ns changes all the food I liked they are taking a way all my favorite snacks love the cheese cake bars but they are going a way well need to go to work take care
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene....I hope you find replacements for your favorites. :)
    Yoga and Pt today.
    I think I see a hint of sun outside....ha, I was getting tired of the beautiful mist and fog!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I have decided to delay my walk today until after Noontime. Wind chill is down in the teens. Some change after yesterdays near record to record warmth here in NJ. Newark NJ for example hit 64 degrees. This morning nearby it is under the freezing mark :(

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
    Hi all.
    Roger, I wouldn't worry about the processed food either, except for my auto-immune problems.
    Some people can handle it better than others. And I agree, sometimes it's more important to get
    the weight down. I'm not saying what I do is good for everyone, it's just what I have to do for my
    particular body....and I'm still figuring it out.
    NS worked well for me when I was very heavy and didn't know any alternative that would be better for me.
    WW didn't work at all.
    I think people should do what works for them. I just read another book about auto-immune diets and it's
    way more restrictive than what I'm currently doing. I'm going to stick with my current diet and see if the
    doc has any comments in Feb when I see him again. I think I'm feeling a little better than I was.
    I don't feel as well if I eat processed food. So, that's incentive.

Hi Vix
    I tries Atkins, and WW and self dieting prior and they all worked initially. This is what has worked best and for
    the longest period.

You might ask for a blood test too. Have them check to be sure there are no deficiencies appearing?

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    It has been pouring here all day.
    Roger-I am still procrastinating about weather I want to spend the extra money,
    whether switching to frozen or ordering it ala carte.
    Irene-good luck with the new/old computer. :) My hubby is the one who usually gets the hand me downs.
    Vix-Are you able to eat carbs? I wouldn't want to give up chocolate either.
    Roger and Irene, I hope you both were able to get out to walk today.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Ordering it A La Carte could work as a bridge until You do decide.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi Jo! :)
    I can eat fruit and vegetables....there's actually a lot of carbs in them.
    I walked around my neighborhood today, it started raining again on my way back, but not too much. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    I went out walking after noon and it rained lightly on me for a few minutes twice.
    I pulled the umbrella out of my pocket and was OK, folded it up shook of the water and put it back in the pocket :)
    Then about 3 blocks from home the rain started pouring down and it got windy and I got wet feet :(
    Oh well I can handle that for a few blocks.

Time to pull out the new box of shoes for todays walk. I noticed that the soles of the current pair are getting
    worn in a funny pattern. I seem to wear the outside edge of the heels off first and then I start to feel it in my knees.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    hi all, we did get out and walked the rain did stop for awhile
    we also went for ride which was nice. Not crazy about ns changes all the food I liked they are
    taking a way all my favorite snacks love the cheese cake bars but they are going a way well need to
    go to work take care

Hi Irene
    I do like the Cheesecake bars however they do not fit my Diabetic plan :( I did not notice they were going away.
    I have hopes for the new Snacks such as the Shortbread Cookies and if the Snickerdoodle is the same as
    the prior limited time version last year that was good too.

Have a Good day at work, as good as work can be anyway.
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene....I hope you find replacements for your favorites. :)
    Yoga and Pt today.
    I think I see a hint of sun outside....ha, I was getting tired of the beautiful mist and fog!

Hi Once again
    When I looked outside it was sunny but windy so I delayed my walk. It sure was windy yesterday
    after the record rainfall ended.

Well, Gotta run
    Cheers
    Roger