Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    When I went out walking + 2 Cents today the nearby temperature was 27 with a wind chill of 20 :) That makes the wind chill 18 degrees warmer than yesterdays walk. I plan to drop by the local sporting goods store later on and see what they carry for hand warmers. Using the test one yesterday my hands were warmer than today. Decision is one time use, rechargeable battery powered or some other type.

Today I see that tracking shows I have a delivery out for delivery on truck. No Indication as to whether it is the BWB or the BBB or both. Both have new items in them, Frozen breakfast sandwich and Shelf Stable desserts for example. Look forward to me adding comments on how they taste as well as a better review in the NS food reviews group here.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    It is frigid out. The streets are mostly clear of snow, but the lawns and driveways still have snow. We are expected to get another storm this weekend.
    Roger-You are a brave man,I would have stayed in if I didn't have to go to work. I had to go 2 houses over to get my trash barrel. There were other barrels rolling around the street.
    Irene-congratulations on the lb. down.
    Vix-I am glad you are feeling better. The sauna must have felt good, after the cold.
    Besides shoveling yesterday, I also walked a mile with Leslie.
    Roger you will have to let us know how the new foods are. I have until 1/31 to adjust my order.
    Enjoy the rest of the day and stay warm. :)

Hi Joanne
    As You can see I will be starting the testing of the new foods shortly and Commenting here and in better depth in the other group :)

I was surprised we did not have garbage cans blowing around yesterday where I am. Not a question of bravery, more like craziness or something. I did get a worst condition type test in for the air activated hand warmer yesterday however which was my goal.

There is a possibility of some light snow tonight and heavier Friday night into Saturday with fairly strong winds Saturday too. They are using the Nor'Easter word to describe the upcoming event :(

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    It's windy out now....things are blowing around. I wouldn't go for a walk outside today, too cold for me. :)
    Have a good evening, everyone. :)
    Good morning.
    Cleaning team is coming this morning. :) Cold again today.
    Have body flow class and PT lined up for today. Not much else planned. Maybe I can do some organizing around the house, or try a new recipe.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Vix
    It was too cold for me Tuesday too, but it did make a really good test for the hand warmer :)
    The rest of me was OK. I wore my t-shirt, a Sweatshirt and a nice think hoodie and I put the FroggToggs jacket over that to act like a windbreaker. Then I pulled the drawstrings on the hood really tight minimizing the opening at my face. When I was in the 7 Eleven there was someone in shorts and shirt buying something. I would not even want to walk to and from the car dressed like that yesterday.

It sounds as if You have enough to keep You busy today.

Enjoy the day
    Roger
    good morning not so bad this morning we did our 1 hr walk well off to work I go take care

Hi Irene
    I agree after yesterday, today felt almost balmy out there. I suspect that Saturdays walk is canceled from what the weather forecasters are predicting. OTOH if we do get the snow I should get a different type of exercise shoveling it. I got in 1 hour and 25 minutes of walking and 7k+ steps so far. I'll get a bit more later when I drive to the sporting goods store.

I guess You are happy to be off this weekend with the snow forecast
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    hi well is everyone ready for the snow? For me I am glad I won't have to go to work in it well take care all. Roger awesome job getting your exercise in
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning.
    Well, there's a little layer of snow outside. Schools are delayed 2 hours. I have to check to see if my painting/drawing class is cancelled or not. It's very pretty, but the streets and sidewalks will need to be cleared. oh well.
    If the sun comes out, it'll melt, but I may get out there early and push some away. :)
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I woke up early so I walked early too 7K+ steps :) I plan to head out later too. I need to burn of yesterdays temptation of Chicken Broccoli And Egg Roll from the Local Chinese Take Out.

It appears that I may be busy today. My NS was not delivered yesterday and it showed a delivery exception. Today in my email I see my suspicion is correct, Now I have two emails that my food has shipped from two different locations. I believe That indicates both the BBB and the BWB should be coming today. I have a feeling NS may have orchestrated it to save a little money.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
    hi well is everyone ready for the snow? For me I am glad I won't have to go to work in it well take care all. Roger awesome job getting your exercise in

Hi Irene
    I am more ready nowadays for snow than when I had to go clear it off of the car and driveway and still drive to work in it. It is so much prettier somehow when You can stay warm inside and look out the windows at the snow falling :)

Good Luck With the Snow
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Well, there's a little layer of snow outside. Schools are delayed 2 hours. I have to check to see if my painting/drawing class is cancelled or not. It's very pretty, but the streets and sidewalks will need to be cleared. oh well.
    If the sun comes out, it'll melt, but I may get out there early and push some away. :)
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    They keep changing the weekend forecast, Now they say Saturday morning into Sunday the snow arrives, originally they were saying Friday Night into Saturday.

I now look at Snow as exercise. I may get a double dose of exercise Saturday. I may get out walking and also have to shovel Snow Saturday and Sunday. My Brother likes to get out and shovel as it falls so it does not get to deep and I would not let him do that on his own.

Lucky me, No Snow here :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    It sounds like we are all getting the same storm this weekend.
    I complete forgot to log on yesterday. My usual routine got changed around a bit and I never gave it a thought.
    I would love to sit and watch the snow, but unfortunately I will be working over the weekend.
    It feels a lot warmer than yesterday,not so much wind.
    I think one more day and the house may be complete. I have a running list of little things that need to be taken care of.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Well, some are saying a blizzard, 24-30 inches, the weather channel is still showing 8-12 inches, Friday night and Saturday. At this point, the 8-12 sounds good! I guess it's coming up from the south, since it's supposed to be here first.
    Sorry you have to work, Jo. Glad your house is almost done.
    Roger, hope you get your delivery soon.
    Irene, I guess your weekend starts tomorrow...lucky. :)
    Have a good evening everyone. Stay warm. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Well, now weather.com is showing a blizzard coming....12+overnight and 12+ tomorrow....that's a lot of snow and wind. I hope the power stays on.
    Zumba and PT today, then will tuck myself in for the weekend!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good Friday morning, I am so glad I am on for the weekend. It sounds like we are in for a LOT of snow but since I am off today I will get all my stuff done today and just kinda take it easy the next couple of days George always takes care of the snow my back can't handle it. So I will just stay inside and do house work. Our walk this morning was longer Annie was in the mood to walk so I already got 8000 steps in. Have fun
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was somewhat cold out this morning, 15 degrees when I walked by the bank that has a time & temperature display. Snow is supposed to start around midnight according to the latest weather forecast so I may not be out walking tomorrow :) They are predicting 6 to 12 inches where I am in todays forecast, Blizzard conditions too. :(

I have now tried three of the new NS food items now.
    The Bacon, Egg, Cheese Muffin 5* I did over microwave it which made the bacon slightly tough :(

The Sweet & Salty Snack Mix 4*, I dinged it due to not being particularly Sweet or Salty, OTOH I did like the Nuts in it so I will reorder it. This could be replicated at a lower cost, I just need to scale the components.

The Vanilla Shortbread Sticks 5*, Crunchy but tasty and a decent portion size.

Coming up in todays menu are the Chocolate Chip Dough bar for lunch, The Smoky BBQ Snack Rounds and the Apple Pecan Bites as my Snack/Dessert.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    It sounds like we are all getting the same storm this weekend.
    I complete forgot to log on yesterday. My usual routine got changed around a bit and I never gave it a thought.
    I would love to sit and watch the snow, but unfortunately I will be working over the weekend.
    It feels a lot warmer than yesterday,not so much wind.
    I think one more day and the house may be complete. I have a running list of little things that need to be taken care of.

Hi Joanne
    I believe You are correct, same weather just different timing.

If my Routine gets changed, things get forgotten too.

It was not bad out this morning, no wind until I was almost home then it had a bitter feel to it.

Stay Safe working
    Roger
    Well, some are saying a blizzard, 24-30 inches, the weather channel is still showing 8-12 inches, Friday night and Saturday. At this point, the 8-12 sounds good! I guess it's coming up from the south, since it's supposed to be here first.
    Sorry you have to work, Jo. Glad your house is almost done.
    Roger, hope you get your delivery soon.
    Irene, I guess your weekend starts tomorrow...lucky. :)
    Have a good evening everyone. Stay warm. :)
    Good morning!
    Well, now weather.com is showing a blizzard coming....12+overnight and 12+ tomorrow....that's a lot of snow and wind. I hope the power stays on.
    Zumba and PT today, then will tuck myself in for the weekend!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Yup 6 to 12 inches, sadly they are also saying it will be a heavy snow so tough shoveling :(

I agree regarding the power staying on too. The weatherman was saying the heavy snow will build up on wires and branches and with the wind expect power outages. I hope not having just received my latest NS frozen order Thursday afternoon.

I will be going out walking again later on as I do not expect to get any walking in Saturday or Sunday what with the forecast.

Enjoy Your day
    Roger
    good Friday morning, I am so glad I am on for the weekend. It sounds like we are in for a LOT of snow but since I am off today I will get all my stuff done today and just kinda take it easy the next couple of days George always takes care of the snow my back can't handle it. So I will just stay inside and do house work. Our walk this morning was longer Annie was in the mood to walk so I already got 8000 steps in. Have fun

Hi Irene
    My Brother and I both get out and shovel any snow. It sounds like a plan for a easy weekend to me.

I got 7900 steps in this morning and spent the rest of the morning checking in and putting away the Shelf Stable foods, I did the frozen yesterday afternoon as it is frozen foods :)

Have a Safe weekend
    Roger
  • eku0
    The snow just started here...I sure hope we don't get 2 feet +. Mostly I hope we don't lose power. Just got out of gridlock in the parking lot leaving PT...last minute shoppers at Walmart and Safeway!
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon
    Vix-I hope you don't lose power. It sounds like you are getting more snow than us. I am watching the news now waiting for an update.
    Roger-Thanks for the feedback on the new items. When my hubby heats his breakfast sandwiches,he takes it apart and toasts the bread and puts the bacon on a small piece of aluminum foil and heats it the same time as the bread.
    He then microwaves the egg portion.
    Irene=Wow, thats a lot of steps before 8am.
    Just got an update on the snow and we are expected to get 1-3 in.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Well, it's definitely over a foot and still going strong. Hubs said he may go out later with the machine. I may try getting some of the snow off the deck if the wind stops blowing so hard, now it would just all blow into the house. Don't want all that wet on the wood floor! It's making nice big drifts too. Would be kid snow heaven. :) I remember tunneling through when we were kids, building snow forts, sledding, etc.
    For now, I'm glad I'm inside with a nice hot cup of coffee.
    Have a good day....stay warm, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Anybody else having bad weather? We were outside shoveling around 9:30AM this morning, I had to use the bottom of the Storm door on the porch like a plow to be able to lean out and shovel a place to stand to finish opening it. When I stuck the yardstick in the sidewalk to the street It showed 13 inches and the sidewalk to the driveway was at 16 inches but I suspect blowing snow for the difference. I am going with the 13 inches being close to correct, I also measured that in the flat part of the driveway between my brothers car and the street. Earlier we watched a OEM vehicle sitting out in the street, eventually he ticketed a car parked across the street. Ordinance is no parking on the street for snow removal.
    The Apple Pecan Bites were tasty 4.5*
    the Chocolate Chip Dough lunch bar was somewhat disappointing due to not being what I was expecting, 3* for that reason. However I could see others liking it and it is one of the lower calorie lunches. one of the Chicken Soups is lower however no real texture to the soup so...

Cheers
    Roger
    The snow just started here...I sure hope we don't get 2 feet +. Mostly I hope we don't lose power. Just got out of gridlock in the parking lot leaving PT...last minute shoppers at Walmart and Safeway!

Hi Vix
    My Brother refers to those last minute types as panic man. Like this Video on YouTube
    "Bread & Milk" -THE ORIGINAL VIDEO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W3_OPllU3U

Power loss is my biggest worry, I just got my NS frozen order this week :)
    And of course with hot water heat I worry about the heat freezing if the power goes out for too long.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good afternoon
    Vix-I hope you don't lose power. It sounds like you are getting more snow than us. I am watching the news now waiting for an update.
    Roger-Thanks for the feedback on the new items. When my hubby heats his breakfast sandwiches,he takes it apart and toasts the bread and puts the bacon on a small piece of aluminum foil and heats it the same time as the bread.
    He then microwaves the egg portion.
    Irene=Wow, thats a lot of steps before 8am.
    Just got an update on the snow and we are expected to get 1-3 in.

Hi Joanne
    Thank You for that information on a alternative method of heating the sandwich. Bacon on foil over the toaster?

I wish 1 to 3 inches here, Lucky You
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Well, it's definitely over a foot and still going strong. Hubs said he may go out later with the machine. I may try getting some of the snow off the deck if the wind stops blowing so hard, now it would just all blow into the house. Don't want all that wet on the wood floor! It's making nice big drifts too. Would be kid snow heaven. :) I remember tunneling through when we were kids, building snow forts, sledding, etc.
    For now, I'm glad I'm inside with a nice hot cup of coffee.
    Have a good day....stay warm, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    I had my coffee that I made this morning, I looked out at 7AM and if the wind had not started yet and the snow was not too deep I was planning on putting on the LaCrosse insulated boots with the Boot bottom for waterproof and leather up the ankle and walking to the 7-Eleven, The snow was too deep and the wind was already blowing so I nixed that idea and set up the coffee maker instead. I bough those boots in the late 80s or early 90s to keep my feet warm on the really cold days at work and they did that even when the truck broke down from the diesel jelling in the tank and fuel system in 0 degree weather so success there. They are still in good condition and I am still using the original laces as I did not wear them every day and quality does pay for things, I paid over $100 back then for them so not a cheap item.

I do not blame you for not wanting to ruin the wood floors. So far we shoveled to the driveway and maybe a 2 foot width to the street to get rid of what the Plows had piled up, more shoveling later where we will slowly widen the cleared part depending on the drifting and if/when the plow goes by again.

The neighbor across the street from us has a Snow Blower, I suspect it may struggle with this snow as it is already as high as the opening in his smaller machine.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited January 2016
    Hubs is on his second shift outside....it's about 20 inches or so, so far, and still coming down hard and heavy, wind blowing like mad. He's doing a little at a time, even with the snow blower it's slow moving out there. Our machine is mid size, but the snow is to the top of the opening. The snow's drifted to about 3 feet on our sliding glass door to the deck....that will definitely wait!
    I feel so lazy...I used to be out there all the time, shoveling away.
    Ha...that bread and milk guy has been around a long time....I don't eat bread or milk! :smiley:
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    The snow started here around 1pm.
    I thought the clip about the bread and milk guy was right on the money. It made me laugh out loud. :)
    Roger-As for heating the bacon on foil, we use the toaster oven. We do not own a toaster.
    Sorry you all are getting clobbered with the snow.
    Stay warm and safe. :)
  • eku0
    I guess it's our turn with the snow. Jo, I remember when you got clobbered last year! We have about 3 feet with 5-6 foot drifts. Pete went out 3 times to do the driveway. I thought it had stopped, but still coming down very fine. Should be done by tomorrow.
    It's about up to the door handle on the deck. I didn't do anything today....read, did my PT exercises, made some veggie soup, lazed around. Maybe I'll go out tomorrow and do a little light shoveling. I feel like I've been so lazy!
    Roger, hope you and your brother are doing ok.
    Irene, hope you, George, and Annie are ok too.
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • eku0
    edited January 2016
    Good morning!
    The sun is shining! Yay!
    Hope you're all ok. Glad we didn't lose power...hope you're still up too.
    This is a picture out my front door.
    d60f68e38ad2d61fe235ba881b9706e66808.jpg
    That's a dogwood tree in the middle, and you can see the mailbox sticking out of the snow just to the left of it....there are 2 steps down from my front porch with about a 4-5 foot drift in front of them!
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-pretty picture. Yesterday was a good day to stay in and read. We got about 6 inches of snow. It is supposed to be up in the 40's later this week, hopefully it will melt some of it.
    The main roads were all clear when I went to work this morning.
    Roger and Irene-I hope you weathered the storm ok.
    Nothing on the agenda for today, just a lazy day.
    Enjoy your day and take it slow while shoveling. :)
  • eku0
    edited January 2016
    I've gone out twice so far for 15-20 minutes each time. I'll probably go out again later. It's really kind of pretty out....the snow in front of the porch is up to my shoulders....it's pretty much going to stay there til it melts a bit (I shovelled out a couple of feet of it, but no need, we'll come in through the garage. :)
    Jo, glad you get a lazy day....they really are good every so often. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I survived the Blizzard :) No walking of course, We shoveled snow three times yesterday and so far today once, at least one or two more times needed to clear my car. Currently my car looks like a glacier. Very tiring throwing the snow up and over the banks of snow too. 27+ inches of global warming in the next town to the north, that is around 1+ miles. No walking today of course maybe tomorrow. NYC .1 inches less than the record snowfall. In NJ the deepest snow was 33 inches in Morris Plains. A town to the west of me a 10 to 15 minute drive was over 29 inches. Somerville was at 27.4 inches :(

The Toffee Crunch cookies were great *****
    The Smokey BBQ Snack-A-Rounds I am rating at ***. They would have rated higher except for the way the left my tongue burning. I do not eat hot and spicy foods. The Good for them was a nice quantity of them in the package.

Can You spot my car in this picture? Also notice the Yardstick at the back of it.

TDYajW.jpg

Have a Safe Sunday
    Roger
    Hubs is on his second shift outside....it's about 20 inches or so, so far, and still coming down hard and heavy, wind blowing like mad. He's doing a little at a time, even with the snow blower it's slow moving out there. Our machine is mid size, but the snow is to the top of the opening. The snow's drifted to about 3 feet on our sliding glass door to the deck....that will definitely wait!
    I feel so lazy...I used to be out there all the time, shoveling away.
    Ha...that bread and milk guy has been around a long time....I don't eat bread or milk! :smiley:
    Good morning!
    The sun is shining! Yay!
    Hope you're all ok. Glad we didn't lose power...hope you're still up too.
    This is a picture out my front door.
    d60f68e38ad2d61fe235ba881b9706e66808.jpg
    That's a dogwood tree in the middle, and you can see the mailbox sticking out of the snow just to the left of it....there are 2 steps down from my front porch with about a 4-5 foot drift in front of them!

Hi Vix
    The Sun is shining here too, Very Bright outside as a result, My Brother got out his Sunglasses to shovel with. The Drifts are a pain in the back as is where the Plow piled snow up at the end of the driveway.

The Neighbor across the street has a small snow blower and the snow was twice as high as the opening in it, He had to go in stages.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Vix-pretty picture. Yesterday was a good day to stay in and read. We got about 6 inches of snow. It is supposed to be up in the 40's later this week, hopefully it will melt some of it.
    The main roads were all clear when I went to work this morning.
    Roger and Irene-I hope you weathered the storm ok.
    Nothing on the agenda for today, just a lazy day.
    Enjoy your day and take it slow while shoveling. :)

Hi Joanne
    if I only had 6 inches of snow I would be ecstatic :)
    They are saying near 50 by Wednesday and Slow melting of the snow. If I do walk tomorrow I can see where I will be in the street so I will need to get out either before or after the rush hour.

Not a lazy day here, shoveled once and at least once more, maybe twice.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    I've gone out twice so far for 15-20 minutes each time. I'll probably go out again later. It's really kind of pretty out....the snow in front of the porch is up to my shoulders....it's pretty much going to stay there til it melts a bit (I shovelled out a couple of feet of it, but no need, we'll come in through the garage. :)
    Jo, glad you get a lazy day....they really are good every so often. :)

Hi Again
    I do not blame You for saying to heck with it if the snow is that high. Tough throwing it over that high a bank when You start and tougher as You shovel.

Have a Nice relaxing Sunday
    Roger