Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Good Morning;
    Roger-thanks for the heads up on the new foods.
    Vix-I am not looking forward to any snow,but know it is inevitable.
    Irene-Hope you are doing ok.
    I stepped on the scale today and was not pleased. I have updated my weight and took new measurements.
    I walked l mile with Leslie this morning and am getting ready to log my food.
    Have a super on plan day. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    Yes, I am ready for some real weight loss now too. :)
    19eced087804e93629328aca3b086abd.jpg

Hi Vix
    Me Too, Last month was basically a lost cause, Too many Holiday Lunches with friends and Holiday meals.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good Morning;
    Roger-thanks for the heads up on the new foods.
    Vix-I am not looking forward to any snow,but know it is inevitable.
    Irene-Hope you are doing ok.
    I stepped on the scale today and was not pleased. I have updated my weight and took new measurements.
    I walked l mile with Leslie this morning and am getting ready to log my food.
    Have a super on plan day. :)

Hi Joanne
    I found out this morning about the new items from Donna on the 100% challenge Thread.
    My next stop after being here again is the NS website to tweak my order to try the new foods.

Leslie = a Dog or a exercise program? Just curious :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,183 Member
    Options
    haha...Leslie Sansone is an exercise program...basically walking, that they used to send out with new NS enrollment.
    Jo, I'm not looking forward to snow either. Hoping it's really mild, and melts away by itself! :)
    My new dietary changes are working pretty well when I'm not partying, so I think now I will start to lose. I managed to maintain/lose over the holidays which I consider a big win. :)
    I have a massage today....it's been a month and I'm really looking forward to it. :)
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Is this a new item without the New indication or did I miss it before?
    Canadian Style Turkey Bacon, Egg and Cheese Muffin
    Our first breakfast muffin sandwich was so popular, we created a new variety—this time with fluffy egg whites,
    American cheese and Canadian style turkey bacon. Start your morning with a good source of protein, and have a
    great day.

Thanks
    Roger
    haha...Leslie Sansone is an exercise program...basically walking, that they used to
    send out with new NS enrollment.
    Jo, I'm not looking forward to snow either. Hoping it's really mild, and melts away by itself! :)
    My new dietary changes are working pretty well when I'm not partying, so I think now I will start to lose.
    I managed to maintain/lose over the holidays which I consider a big win. :)
    I have a massage today....it's been a month and I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Hi Vix
    Thank You for the Info, I knew the name sounded familiar.
    Enjoy the massage.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    That sandwich sounds good. haha...almost any sandwich sounds good to me. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    FWIW I have not gone out the door today nor do I have any plans to head out for a walk until after noontime. The Nearby towns temperature report at 7:01AM was 9 degrees with a windchill of -2 degrees :) Hence the delay in starting out until after my Noontime eats. The forecast is for it to warm up to a balmy 30 degrees and the winds to die down. Then we head into warming weather all the way into the 40s later this week.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
    That sandwich sounds good. haha...almost any sandwich sounds good to me. :)

Hi Vix
    What I liked looking at it is that it is complete and only 150 calories too, I added a couple of them to my next order.
    Looking closer at it, it must have been there a little while as it has been rated by ten people.
    It is even lower calories than the NS Sausage and Egg white muffin sandwich and I have been
    adding 1/2 slice of Velveeta @ 40 calories a slice to that one to improve the taste.
    I have until the 6PM the 17th when my order closes so I plan to keep a close watch for any more new items now.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I am doing pretty well sticking to mostly veggies, a little fruit, and a little lean protein. I also have some cheese, but try to keep it very small portions. Have brought back my morning pea protein shakes, at least a few times a week. Now that the parties are pretty much over, can start working on edging the scale down!
    Freezing here too! Will get all bundled up to go to class this morning.
    Glad the sun is shining...that helps. :)
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    It was 9 degrees when I went to work this morning. Yesterday we had light snow flurries most of the day.
    Roger-I ordered one of each of the new items in my next order. I wish they would come up with some new shelf stable breakfasts.
    I did pretty good on eating yesterday, not 100% but I am getting there. I also did 5 min. on the elliptical in addition
    to the mile with Leslie.
    The new season of Downton Abby started last night, so I stayed up and watched it. This is the final season. Does anyone else watch the show?
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    We watched Downton Abby last night too. Glad it's back. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I got my walking done yesterday after Noontime, It was still very cold as the wind had not died down. When I checked the local temperature today it was showing as still cold nearby so I am postponing my walk to later on today too. I did get my steps in Yesterday so it could be worse. The temperature today is supposed to be near 40, however currently it is showing 7 degrees in Nearby Somerville hence the delayed start time for a second day. The Temperatures are supposed to be higher each day for the rest of the week until the upper 40s are reached, somewhere around 48 degrees.

No Precipitation in the forecast until the weekend when the show showers.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    I am doing pretty well sticking to mostly veggies, a little fruit, and a little lean protein.
    I also have some cheese, but try to keep it very small portions.
    Have brought back my morning pea protein shakes, at least a few times a week.
    Now that the parties are pretty much over, can start working on edging the scale down!
    Freezing here too! Will get all bundled up to go to class this morning.
    Glad the sun is shining...that helps. :)
    Have a great day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I am impatiently awaiting the predicted warm up that is supposed to be here today.

That sounds pretty healthy, my only cheese such as it is happens to be 1/2 cup of large curd 2% cottage cheese
    used as a protein. I would try 1% if I could find it in Large curd. I tried no fat cottage cheese, disgusting :(
    That one I threw out and I rarely waste food like that :)

I have one NS protein shake each day. I rotate the four flavors, unless I have really ripe bananas to use up
    and then I blend one into the Vanilla shake, very tasty too, or slice it into a NS Cereal.

Stay Warm
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    It was 9 degrees when I went to work this morning. Yesterday we had light snow flurries most of the day.
    Roger-I ordered one of each of the new items in my next order.
    I wish they would come up with some new shelf stable breakfasts.
    I did pretty good on eating yesterday, not 100% but I am getting there.
    I also did 5 min. on the elliptical in addition
    to the mile with Leslie.
    The new season of Downton Abby started last night, so I stayed up and watched it.
    This is the final season. Does anyone else watch the show?
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Maybe they will add some breakfasts and Dinners next.
    They added some Shelf Stable lunches and a lot of desserts / snacks a while back
    so it is the turn of the Breakfast and Dinner entrees.

I rarely watch anything as it airs except the 1/2 hour news loop on the cable channel for the temperatures.
    Everything else gets watched via the DVR, going back to a early Tivo and then I jumped on the
    first Satellite receiver with a integrated DVR when it was released and never looked back. I even have Philips DVRs that
    work with Basic cable HD or OTA channels.

I can DVR Satellite channels or Local channels with this setup.
    The problem currently is finding the time to watch things.

Cheers
    Roger
    We watched Downton Abby last night too. Glad it's back. :)

Hi Again
    I have more to watch than time to watch so I never started that one.
    I was watching Haven and Warehouse 13 until they ended.

Enjoy Your show
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    It was chilly again this morning (12 F) but has gone up considerably and the sun is shining.
    We have cable and on-demand, so we can watch things later, but there was nothing else on at the time. :)
    Went to body flow and have to run off again to go to PT.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Roger-Haven and Warehouse 13,two of my favorite shows. I was sorry to see them end.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Jo, were those on regular TV, on demand? We've been watching Marvel's Jessica Jones. It's on Netflix. I think we just finished season 1. (Yes, a comic book hero! ) And Supergirl...I think that's regular TV. :smiley:
    Painting class this morning. I think I'll start a new project, but not sure what.
    Cold again, but kind of gray this morning.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking + 26 Cents, again today and removed some temptations from the house. I dropped off at the Car repair shop two sliced sausages, original and Garlic along with pre-sliced cheese and sleeves of ersatz Ritz crackers for their coffee breaks.

It was cold, however it was warmer than yesterday by about 8 degrees and tomorrow through Sunday each day will be warmer than the day before.

I'll be heading out to Costco shortly, My Brother will drop me their while he goes across the Mall to the Bed Bath & Beyond, Thus saving me a drive.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    Good morning!
    It was chilly again this morning (12 F) but has gone up considerably and the sun is shining.
    We have cable and on-demand, so we can watch things later, but there was nothing else on at the time. :)
    Went to body flow and have to run off again to go to PT.
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Vix
    It is amazing, 200 or more channels and nothing worth watching :)

Enjoy Your day
    Roger
    Roger-Haven and Warehouse 13,two of my favorite shows. I was sorry to see them end.

Hi Joanne
    As was I, However life goes on. At least then ended them properly unlike some shows that have a cliffhanger and never return :(

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Jo, were those on regular TV, on demand? We've been watching Marvel's Jessica Jones. It's on Netflix. I think we just finished season 1. (Yes, a comic book hero! ) And Supergirl...I think that's regular TV. :smiley:
    Painting class this morning. I think I'll start a new project, but not sure what.
    Cold again, but kind of gray this morning.

Hi Vix
    Regular TV, They were both on the SyFy channel.

Netflix could be a original to Netflix or from regular TV TBH.

Enjoy Your painting class
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Painting class was fun. We watched a video on Manet and hung some of our paintings in the hall. I now have 4 paintings displayed in the Sr. Ctr. We try to put up a new show every few months. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Vix-Are the paintings on display for sale?
    Roger-good for you getting rid of the temptations and I am sure the car repair shop appreciated them.
    I am happy to report that the scale has been going down again. :)
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, some people sell them, most of us don't. A couple of the ladies have made prints of the paintings that people wanted to buy and sold them the prints. There are quite a few people who do very good work.
    I'm stuck again, but I've been eating a little extra with the cold weather....have to cut that out!
    Need to remember to drink tea, if I want something extra. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    happy-friday.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I have delayed the start time for my daily walk so here I am. The weather is much better looking
    as far as temperature compared to yesterday. Possible rain / drizzle tomorrow and then a soaker
    is forecast for Sunday. I am not sure how that will work regarding walking. Possibly later in the day Sunday.
    Warmer tomorrow and even warmer for Sunday before we head back into the cold weather.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Painting class was fun.
    We watched a video on Manet and hung some of our paintings in the hall.
    I now have 4 paintings displayed in the Sr. Ctr. We try to put up a new show every few months. :)

Hi Vix
    Congratulations, I am sure the seniors appreciate the decorations to the center.
    Roger
    Good afternoon,
    Vix-Are the paintings on display for sale?
    Roger-good for you getting rid of the temptations and I am sure the car repair shop appreciated them.
    I am happy to report that the scale has been going down again. :)
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Today is day 5 of the scale being stuck at the same weight :(

I know they do, OTOH they do little things for us too.

Have good Day
    Roger
    Jo, some people sell them, most of us don't.
    A couple of the ladies have made prints of the paintings that people wanted to buy and sold them the prints.
    There are quite a few people who do very good work.
    I'm stuck again, but I've been eating a little extra with the cold weather....have to cut that out!
    Need to remember to drink tea, if I want something extra. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    I have to wonder how hard it is to make prints like that.

I am not sure why I am stuck. I walked Yesterday and then more walking in the Costco and back and forth
    across the parking lot twice putting things in my brothers trunk. I had to go back for a box to make it easier
    to carry into the house. What I had brought was not big enough. I ended up buying three 5+ pounds of
    frozen vegetables, A Box of Light & Fit, 5 pound bag of Clementines and a Tray of Apples. Then a Box of
    OxyClean for my Brother, he likes it. I recently had to order Bluing from Amazon for him when the Local
    grocery store no longer carried it. I found something for him that may replace the original Glass Wax
    he can't get anymore, testing is needed for that.

Tea could work.

Have a :) Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, there are different ways to make prints. The woman that sells her paintings every so often found a place where they have a procedure (I didn't really understand it, something to do with clay), but they make excellent prints...the first one is more expensive and then they use the same plate or whatever it is to make more. Some of the other women just go to office depot or Staples....they also make art prints, but they said the quality depends on who does it.
    It is fun seeing the work that other people do...some of them are really quite good.
    I am getting things back under control today....basically no snacking. :) I had 2 cups of tea last night...that was better. :)
    Enjoy the day!