Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-I lot of the houses in my area have solar panels. I remember back in the 80's when solar was popular. It didn't last long. I wonder how long they will last this time?
    Vix-I loved Dr. Seuss when I was little. I had a large collection of his books. I believe I passed them on to one of my nephews.
    I am tired today, Vinny was very whinny last night and kept me awake. Finally at 1:30 I got up and gave him a handful of dry food and he settled down after that.
    Enjoy the rest of the day. :)

Hi Joanne
    These days all I see are the panels to make electric, back then what I saw was mostly for hot water. I suspect that with the Feds pushing that sort of thing they will be around for a long time.

I am sorry to hear that Your sleep was so interrupted.

Good Luck Tonight
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    The sun is peeking in and out here too. Um...my anniversary is Dec. 7th! uh-huh. yep.

Hi Vix
    Pearl Harbor day, She was born before that and I always though that must have been a really terrible Birthday for her.

I hope Your Anniversary is good, I hope I remember to congratulate You for it.
    Roger, thanks for the belated birthday wishes. It was a lot of fun.
    Jo, sorry Vinny kept you up. I took some melatonin last night to help me sleep. It works pretty well. :)
    I wish we all had solar panels, and geothermal, and wind turbines and electric rechargeable cars. Ha-ha...no more oil and gas and very little purchased electric and a cleaner world.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    I'm not so sure I would want wind turbines near where I live :) They want to put some off shore and there is a lot of opposition to that.

I have though that Solar Panels would be nice, but what would they do to the cost when the roof needed replacing?

I will have to try the Melatonin tonight, I recall that there is some in the desk drawer, I wonder how old it is?

Have a Great Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Turbines are big and noisy, but for the future...when he was in grad school, my son was working on/researching quieter smaller possible rooftop units. :smile:
    The melatonin didn't work so well on the 2nd night. I was up for over an hour, read a bit and then was able to get back to sleep for a couple more hours.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked today, More and more holiday decorations are going up around the area too.
    I saw the Blue Heron today in the Brook below the Dam.

Have a Good Friday
    RogerToo

agXHJ9.jpg
    Good morning.
    Turbines are big and noisy, but for the future...when he was in grad school, my son was working on/researching quieter smaller possible rooftop units. :smile:
    The melatonin didn't work so well on the 2nd night. I was up for over an hour, read a bit and then was able to get back to sleep for a couple more hours.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :smile:

Hi Vix
    You sound like my brother he is up in the middle of every night for a hour or three too :)
    OTOH when he is asleep a bomb could go off and he would sleep through it, weird huh?

Good Luck Sleeping Tonight
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Roger, I think I'll just take some Alleve with dinner. It was definitely pain keeping me up.
    Pretty picture....I love the blue herons, we have them around here too.
    Oh, and good idea about holiday pictures. That'll be fun.
  • eku0
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Good morning all....frosty here this morning.

180769-Good-Morning-Saturday.jpg
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    hi all still alive working 55 hours a week really tired
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I was out walking today, cold, 26 degrees in a nearby town, 31degrees on the close in front porch, Frost on the cars and lawns as I started out. Walking it was cold in the shade and when I got into the Sun those areas were OK. I walked by the Post Office and mailed a CC payment, then to the 7-Eleven for a extra large coffee refill, $1.34, $1.92 if not a refill so a decent saving :)

It is now a nice sunny day outside. I have a NS Honey Bagel set out for my mid Morning PF + SC snack per plan.

I finally hit a weight below Thanksgiving morning today. Tough Holiday, I knew most of it would come quickly as it went up to fast to be a true weight gain. OTOH I stayed in Onderland :)

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Thanks, Roger, I think I'll just take some Alleve with dinner. It was definitely pain keeping me up.
    Pretty picture....I love the blue herons, we have them around here too.
    Oh, and good idea about holiday pictures. That'll be fun.
    Good morning all....frosty here this morning.

180769-Good-Morning-Saturday.jpg

Hi Vix
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10294586/christmas-decorations-seen-while-walking-more-to-come?new=1
    and other things
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10294588/things-i-see-of-possible-interest-seen-walking-or-online?new=1

Chilly here too. plan to download some more Old Time Radio when I finish here, On Page 8 of more than 30 :)

Good Luck
    Roger
    hi all still alive working 55 hours a week really tired

Hi Irene
    I know that working five 9 hours Plus the 8 hour Saturday every week for 6 days a week for years was tiring to me. Fortunately You'll be done with all those hours sometime after the holidays are over. Then it will be time for the NutriSystem warehouses to get busy with all the new customers from New Year Resolutions :)

BTW I saw a quick blurb on News12, The cable only news channel that Robbinsville? was unhappy with the Amazon traffic and wanted to eliminate the traffic. I wonder how that will play out, I suspect just posturing by the town.

Have a great Weekend
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I just wrote a long post and lost it. So will just wish everyone a great weekend.
  • eku0
    Options
    Awwww....hope you get a chance to relax, Irene!
    I like your pix, Roger. :)
    Hi Jo, I hate when that happens....hope you're having a great weekend. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    A little frosty out this morning!
    robin-on-a-frosty-morning-andrew-michael.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi.
    I just wrote a long post and lost it. So will just wish everyone a great weekend.

Hi Joanne
    I hate it when I do that and I have several ways I do it too :)
    FWIW I have seen posts on another forum where the person does the message in their
    word processor to use spell check and grammar check functions and then pastes it into the message.
    I do it in Firefox as my browser for spell checking. I also use no script and if I turn on Scripting it wipes whatever I was composing :(

Better luck next time
    Roger
    Awwww....hope you get a chance to relax, Irene!
    I like your pix, Roger. :)
    Hi Jo, I hate when that happens....hope you're having a great weekend. :)
    Good morning!
    A little frosty out this morning!
    robin-on-a-frosty-morning-andrew-michael.jpg

Hi Vix
    The Night was OK, Thanks.

The frost was heavier this morning than yesterday too. Whether a function of Temperatures being lower or Humidity I do not know.

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    A little frost this morning, now it is 53 and the sun is shinning.
    I just took my christmas tree out of the attic. I will probably decorate it tomorrow.
    Vix-I hope you slept a little better last night. I had a great nights sleep. My daughter spent the night, so Vinny slept with her and didn't wake me up this morning to be fed. :)
    Roger-nice pictures.
    Irene-I hope you have today off and can relax.
    I am on vacation next week. The only thing planned is decorating the tree and possible some baking, and catching up on some reading.
    Have a great day. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, sounds like a nice week coming up for you. :)
    I took a melatonin last night and slept pretty well. Thanks. Too bad nothing works for me 2 days in a row. I'm trying to keep busy today and tire myself out....maybe that'll work. :) I finished framing a couple of watercolor paintings and hubs helped me get some hooks on the wall in a straight line....so I'll hang them. I'll clean up the dining room table (where I was working), and then maybe later or tomorrow, I'll see if I can finish covering those last 2 pillows. Then I have to clean up my spare room, hopefully the kids will be able to take the bed downstairs for me over the weekend, so I can start fixing up that room for my study/craft room. :)
    Just watched part of the football game.
    Will go try to get some more stuff done.
    Have a great evening, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning all , they changed our hours again due to so much traffic I now go in for 6 which is fine I get out earlier so I work 6 am untill 6pm on fridays it is 7am till 7pm I am pretty much ready for christmas I only have a couple of gifts to wrap George is getting a new computer so that was a nice and easy he is having dell build one the way he wants . We did go shopping over the weekend the traffic is horrible if I need anything else I will order it on line.Roger amazon and the mayor had problems they were talking about law suite but amazon is trying to work out the problem one day it took me 42 minutes to get out of the parking lot but the township had to know there would be traffic jams we have over 7000 people working at amazon now but once 24 th is over we will be going back to I think it is like 4000 well gotta go to work
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Vix-Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a productive day yesterday.
    Hi Irene- Those are long days. Does everyone get off work at the same time, that it took you so long to get out of the parking lot?
    Doing some house work this morning, running a few errands and since hubby is off, I think we will probably go out to lunch. We always go to the same place, he gets greek salad with grilled chicken and I get a garden salad with grilled chicken, dressing on the side.
    Contractors just pulled up, I hope they finish the front of the house today. I would like to put my wreaths on the doors.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Thanks, Jo!
    Went to the gym this morning....will be headed out for a massage in a little while.
    Jo, hope they get the front of your house done...that would be so nice before the holidays! Enjoy your time off!
    Irene, sorry you have such long hours, maybe you will have less traffic with the new hours.
    Hi Roger!
    We're going out to dinner tonight, a little fancier than we usually do! It'll be fun.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was cold when I went out this morning, when I went out later to buy a new belt (NSV) it was much better.

Tomorrow is the next tough day, My Brother & I are having lunch with a friend and she decided that a Chinese Buffet would be a nice change, from Thai food or the Diner. I am not afraid of finding items I can eat as much as the sauce on them, Example Chicken Broccoli is OK except for the sauce, The Green beans or Cabbage would be OK but usually in a Butter sauce and so on. If it is like the other one they will have a fresh Fruit section and Desserts.

Have a great Monday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    A little frost this morning, now it is 53 and the sun is shinning.
    I just took my christmas tree out of the attic. I will probably decorate it tomorrow.
    Vix-I hope you slept a little better last night. I had a great nights sleep. My daughter spent the night,
    so Vinny slept with her and didn't wake me up this morning to be fed. :)
    Roger-nice pictures.
    Irene-I hope you have today off and can relax.
    I am on vacation next week. The only thing planned is decorating the tree and possible some baking,
    and catching up on some reading.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Joanne
    We haven't decided when to put up the tree yet.

I'm glad to hear You got a better sleep.

My brother has already made some fruit cake, 3 smaller loaves and a larger loaf,
    They are presently sitting in a plastic container after getting the first spray of brandy, they'll get it for many days too.

Even people that do not like Fruit Cake like his. This Year he did some additions, Dried cranberries, Dried Blueberries,
    Dried Apricots, Dried Cherries, Currants, Golden Raisins and Pecans are in there along with some other fruits.

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning all , they changed our hours again due to so much traffic
    I now go in for 6 which is fine I get out earlier so I work 6 am untill 6pm on fridays it is
    7am till 7pm I am pretty much ready for christmas I only have a couple of gifts to wrap George is getting a new computer
    so that was a nice and easy he is having dell build one the way he wants .
    We did go shopping over the weekend the traffic is horrible if I need anything else I will order it on line.
    Roger amazon and the mayor had problems they were talking about law suite but amazon is trying to work out the
    problem one day it took me 42 minutes to get out of the parking lot but the township had to know there would be
    traffic jams we have over 7000 people working at amazon now but once 24 th is over we will be going back to I think it is
    like 4000 well gotta go to work

Hi Irene
    I am guessing that those 7,000 are spread out over more than one shift? The place must be humongous :)
    Even 4,000 people is a lot to me.

You would think they would have foreseen that their would be traffic, OTOH looking ahead is not a politician thing to do.

Regarding Computers I have gone the Dell route and that was OK, I am using a Lenovo All-In-One right now and
    I am still using a computer I built for working with video too. I built my Brothers too. When I build I use high Quality Brand
    name parts and they are pretty durable as a result.

I hope Your Husband enjoys the new computer.
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Vix-Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a productive day yesterday.
    Hi Irene- Those are long days. Does everyone get off work at the same time,
    that it took you so long to get out of the parking lot?
    Doing some house work this morning, running a few errands and since hubby is off,
    I think we will probably go out to lunch. We always go to the same place, he gets Greek
    salad with grilled chicken and I get a garden salad with grilled chicken, dressing on the side.
    Contractors just pulled up, I hope they finish the front of the house today. I would like to put my wreaths on the doors.
    Have a great day! :)

Hi Again
    I just pulled the front glass out of the Aluminum door it had some blue stuff on it blocking the view,
    I expect to get it back ready to use tomorrow and then I can a wreath on the inside of it.

Good Luck Getting the front of the house done today.
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Thanks, Jo!
    Went to the gym this morning....will be headed out for a massage in a little while.
    Jo, hope they get the front of your house done...that would be so nice before the holidays! Enjoy your time off!
    Irene, sorry you have such long hours, maybe you will have less traffic with the new hours.
    Hi Roger!
    We're going out to dinner tonight, a little fancier than we usually do! It'll be fun.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    As You can see from my opening post tomorrow will be somewhat challenging for me too.
    I hope You have a Great Dinner tonight.

One More NS Bear to go, Goal Bear however it is a ways off.
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Roger-I have gotten steamed chicken and vegetables at our local Chinese restaurant. Good luck avoiding temptation.
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, I agree, buffets are the hardest to find good food. However, you may be able to opt out of the buffet, and as Jo said, order a main dish steamed with the sauce on the side...so much healthier!
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Happy Chanukah.
    Little set back with the house yesterday. The contractor's helper has a rotator cuff problem and it is acting up, so he will not be able to hammer. Contractor worked by himself yesterday, hopefully he will have some help today.
    Roger-congratulations on getting a smaller belt. You are doing amazing. Do you have much more to lose?
    I got my last online order yesterday, so I am officially done christmas shopping. :)
    I am making chocolate lollipops today. They are for my hubby's and my work. I make them every year.
    Have a great day and stay warm. :)