Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jo, enjoy your breakfast out and shopping.
    The sun is shining here, not sure what I'm going to do today. Just relaxing with some coffee for now. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I walked today and picked up my coffee from Dunkin Donuts, I got a gift card for $20 from my brother that he would not use, he won it in a drawing at a meeting.

Then By Registering at DDperks with the card info I got a printable coupon for a free coffee, Best Price I know of.

It was Cold today, 36 in a nearby town according to News12 when I checked to see what to wear fro my walk.

Talk about coincidences I was awake at 4:37AM and looked at the Clock/outdoor temperature reading on the clock. 4:37AM and 43.7 degrees on the front porch :)

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    hi, placed my ns order wow there really isn't much to choose but I really don't have room for frozen I did call ns and new stuff will be coming out next month we shall see Jo they no longer include the protine shakes which is fine with me I have boxes of that stuff I do believe you can order if you need too. My training the manager was fine no problem there well need to go take care

Hi Irene
    I find that there is a decent selection between the frozen and the Shelf Stable. I would hate to only eat the Shelf Stable as I must agree the Lunch and Breakfast picking are a bit slim.

I like the Protein Shakes and have a different flavor one every morning with my breakfast after my walk.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Irene-I have a lot of shakes also. I just started drinking them again.
    Vix-good luck with the PT.
    Roger-every penny counts.
    It was really busy at work today. I am so glad I have tomorrow off.
    I suspect it will be extremely busy until Wednesday and what makes it worse is my boss is not very organized. The department runs smoother when he is not there.
    Have a great weekend. :)

Hi Joanne
    I agree, it does add up. I hope Your Boss is not one of the Yellers too, I worked for one of those and Ick!

Good Luck in the upcoming pre-holiday week
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    It was nice out even though it was chilly...we ended up walking in the park again this afternoon. Roger, I have a lined fleece long jacket that I got at Walmart which is perfect for this weather. :)
    Irene, glad the training went well. Enjoy your weekend. :)
    Jo, I won't start the PT for a couple of weeks. They seem to be very busy, but I found one less than 10 minutes from my house which is very convenient. I guess you will be busy through Wednesday. We are waiting to get our Thanksgiving supplies! :)
    Enjoy the weekend, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Yesterday was not so bad, compared to this morning.
    10 minutes away is not too bad, Some years ago when work sent me to rehab it was 30 to 40 minutes away.

My Brother is muttering about picking up the free Thanksgiving Turkey Sunday, Range of weights up to 21 pounds. I am leaning towards getting the biggest they have since we can Vacuum seal the left overs and free is a good price :) So why not go as big as possible.

Cheers
    Roger

P.S. MFP just popped up a little window that You replied to Humorous pictures while I was typing this :)
    Good morning;
    Up bright and early. We are going out to breakfast and then grocery shopping and maybe to the mall later. I need to pick up a few things for my daughter for christmas and have my ring cleaned and checked out.
    I want to go before next week, when the malls start to get crazy. Since my son isn't coming for Christmas this year, I don't have a lot of shopping to do. It is easier for me to send him money and let them get what they want.
    Hubby is ready to go.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Again
    I will be heading to the Mall in Bridgewater, NJ to the Apple store later, Yuck, Malls :(
    However that is where they are, I had to make a appointment to have them look at the Not working Ipods, Hopefully they can fix one of teh two or will offer a discount on new :)

Easy is always good
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Ah...the PT the doc recommended at first was almost an hour away, but then he said I could go anywhere....10 minutes is great! :) We usually get a much smaller turkey 12-14 pounds. Now I see why you need so much time to defrost it! :smiley:
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    hi just wanted to drop in and say hi, today is my birthday and I turned 60 was not looking forward to it a couple of months ago but now I am ok with it this is the first birthday that was a little hard of course there was no change I still feel like I am 18 having you all here as friends just make my life so much fuller thank you
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    oh Roger I see what you werealking about like on the top of our page it says ns
  • eku0
    edited November 2015
    Options
    DSC03901.jpg?m=1279666573
    You can probably start getting some discounts now! :smiley:
    Hope you're having a great birthday!
  • eku0
    Options
    Good_Morning_05.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi
    I was walking today, I went off of the Streets and sidewalks for part of it and wandered through the woods by one of our parks for a change of pace.
    Temperature was not too bad today, tomorrow is supposed to be colder.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Ah...the PT the doc recommended at first was almost an hour away, but then he said I could go anywhere....10 minutes is great! :) We usually get a much smaller turkey 12-14 pounds. Now I see why you need so much time to defrost it! :smiley:

Hi Vix
    We picked up the Turkey This morning, Call me Greedy, Call Me Frugal :)
    But it is 20.79 pounds and if we had not earned a free Turkey it would have cost $30.98.
    There will be Plenty of Leftovers to Vacuum Seal and Freeze from that whopper.

Another option would have been a free Ham, Kosher Chicken, Those must be expensive compared to the Turkey, Lasagna & something else that I forget what it is.

The Free Cooks Ham last year that we had for Christmas & New Years was so salty my brother is afraid of it for this year.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    hi just wanted to drop in and say hi, today is my birthday and I turned 60 was not looking forward to it a couple of months ago but now I am ok with it this is the first birthday that was a little hard of course there was no change I still feel like I am 18 having you all here as friends just make my life so much fuller thank you
    oh Roger I see what you were talking about like on the top of our page it says ns

Hi Irene
    Happy Birthday!

Yup, that was it. I had a warning that NS was cracking down on people using their name.

Have a Great Birthday
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Happy Birthday, Irene. Age is just a number, you are as young as you feel. :)
    Roger-were you able to get your ipod fixed? We try to get to the mall just as it is opening before it gets to crowded.
    Vix-Are you cooking Thanksgiving dinner?
    It is cold and rainy. A good day to stay in and relax. I worked for 6 hours today. I probably could have stayed for another 6. It was really busy.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Jo, yes, I'm cooking for Thanksgiving, but my kids are helping. My daughter and son-in-law are making a green bean cassarole, and will make stuffing with the gluten free corn bread I'm making, and my son said he would bring a sweet potato dish. Basically I'll make the turkey, a marinated salad, cranberry sauce, and heat up some crescent rolls and a pumpkin pie, maybe some mashed potatoes, and put out some munchies...most likely crudites, cheese and crackers, drinks, etc while we're cooking/waiting. I really like Thanksgiving, and it will be fun to have everyone in the kitchen. :) The kitchen in this house is great for that....we all fit, and I have 2 ovens!
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi today I start my 11 hour shifts don't know how often I will be getting on thanks for all the birthday wishes well gotta go
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Good luck with the longer shifts Irene! I guess the OT makes it worth while. :)
    Back to the gym today and massage.
    Sun is coming up, but it's chilly out.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was walking this morning. Wow was it it cold around 32 degrees, It would not have been bad except that there was a breeze too. I was warm enough except for the exposed area on my face :(

I am sitting here listening to Chandu the Magician from here
    https://archive.org/details/otr_chanduthemagician
    Lots of Public Domain old time radio shows here to listen to or download for later
    https://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio?

Earlier I was listening to Fibber McGee & Molly
    Cheers
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Happy Birthday, Irene. Age is just a number, you are as young as you feel. :)
    Roger-were you able to get your ipod fixed? We try to get to the mall just as it is opening before it gets to crowded.
    Vix-Are you cooking Thanksgiving dinner?
    It is cold and rainy. A good day to stay in and relax. I worked for 6 hours today. I probably could have stayed for another 6. It was really busy.

Hi Joanne
    Nope Both of them were to old to get parts. However I did trade one in for 10% off.
    However I do not have it yet since That is supposed to be my Christmas Present from my Brother.
    Since the old one was his spare anyway and He was a wondering what to get me anyway...

I did get him a Folding Bicycle for his Birthday,
    Originally I had planned to use it for Christmas and give him the Single Malt Scotch for his Birthday,
    However the Box was so big since He had looked at them and they all had 20" Wheels and I found a 26" wheel model.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
    Hi Jo, yes, I'm cooking for Thanksgiving, but my kids are helping. My daughter and son-in-law are making a green bean cassarole, and will make stuffing with the gluten free corn bread I'm making, and my son said he would bring a sweet potato dish. Basically I'll make the turkey, a marinated salad, cranberry sauce, and heat up some crescent rolls and a pumpkin pie, maybe some mashed potatoes, and put out some munchies...most likely crudites, cheese and crackers, drinks, etc while we're cooking/waiting. I really like Thanksgiving, and it will be fun to have everyone in the kitchen. :) The kitchen in this house is great for that....we all fit, and I have 2 ovens!

Hi
    Lucky me, My Brother does the heavy lifting for the Thanksgiving cooking, I just help.

Cheers
    Roger
    hi today I start my 11 hour shifts don't know how often I will be getting on thanks for all the birthday wishes well gotta go

Hi Irene
    I can see why You might be tired after a 11 hour day + commute.

See You when You get the time
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Good luck with the longer shifts Irene! I guess the OT makes it worth while. :)
    Back to the gym today and massage.
    Sun is coming up, but it's chilly out.

Hi Vix
    When I got to much overtime the money was not a good compensation IMO.

Have a nice Evening
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    Irene-We understate that with the longer shifts, you will probably not touch base as often, but we will be thinking of you and wishing you well.
    Vix- It is nice that everyone is pitching in to help you with Thanksgiving.
    I am going to my sister's house. I will be making a lemon meringue pie and an apple one.
    Roger-Thanks for the links. My husband loves to listen to old time radio.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning....
    Thanks for the links Roger, I bookmarked them for later. It's nice that you and your brother are so close and that he cooks! :smiley:
    Irene...yeah, I was trying to put a positive spin on your OT....It's exhausting working that many hours! Hang in there.
    Jo, that's nice that your sister is having Thanksgiving....homemade pies sound wonderful. Those were the 2 pies my Mom used to make. :)
    I like cooking, but don't very often, so Thanksgiving is really fun for me. My sister called last night. She's called 3 times in the last few months. She never usually calls at all, I usually am the one to call. It's nice...getting a warm fuzzy. :)
    Clay class today, and going to try to do a little shopping. It's getting up into the 40s today, that's not bad for November, sun peeking in and out.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Well, I went walking today, Somewhat colder than Yesterday, No Breeze however so it worked out about the same.
    I suspect I should have waited til later in the day, Finally the Sun has broken through the clouds :)

Currently Listening to The Sad Sack Show 1946-06-19,
    Followed by FredAllen371222_Town_Hall_Tonight Santa_Will_Not_Ride_Tonight_Guest_Jack_Benny.mp3 and
    The Fat Man - Murder Squares the Triangle.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
    Good evening;
    Irene-We understate that with the longer shifts, you will probably not touch base as often, but we will be thinking of you and wishing you well.
    Vix- It is nice that everyone is pitching in to help you with Thanksgiving.
    I am going to my sister's house. I will be making a lemon meringue pie and an apple one.
    Roger-Thanks for the links. My husband loves to listen to old time radio.
    Have a great evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    There are so many shows to listen to that it is hard deciding what to listen to :)
    There are worse problems in life so not a biggy.

Glad the Links will help someone
    Roger
    Good morning....
    Thanks for the links Roger, I bookmarked them for later. It's nice that you and your brother are so close and that he cooks! :smiley:
    Irene...yeah, I was trying to put a positive spin on your OT....It's exhausting working that many hours! Hang in there.
    Jo, that's nice that your sister is having Thanksgiving....homemade pies sound wonderful. Those were the 2 pies my Mom used to make. :)
    I like cooking, but don't very often, so Thanksgiving is really fun for me. My sister called last night. She's called 3 times in the last few months. She never usually calls at all, I usually am the one to call. It's nice...getting a warm fuzzy. :)
    Clay class today, and going to try to do a little shopping. It's getting up into the 40s today, that's not bad for November, sun peeking in and out.

Hi Vix
    Enjoy the Oldies, I used to listen to Old Time Radio shows when I was driving on vacation, they helped pass the time.

My Brother is muttering about Pumpkin Pie and Mincemeat Pie, filling from a commercial box product.
    Today however is Banana Bread since he bought really ripe Bananas yesterday, Probably with Chopped Hickory Nuts in it.

Enjoy the Class & Shopping, Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    I spent most of the day at work dicing butternut squash and packaging it. I guess most people will pay the extra money so they don't have to cut it themselves.
    I bought a new 2016 Nissan Rogue over the weekend. I am picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I know I just put some work into the old one, but the transmission was acting up and I got a great deal. Hubby swapped batteries, so he now has the new one and I will trade his old one with the car.
    House is coming alone, but I don't think they will be finished this week.
    They are doing a great job, so if I takes a little longer, I don't mind.
  • eku0
    Options
    Congrats on the new car, Jo! That's a nice looking car. :) One of the ladies in my art class just bought one last weekend...and her husband bought the small truck, she said they got a good deal for buying 2....well I would hope so!
    I am eating lots of vegetables. I think that's probably the best thing I can do right now. Guess it's good I'm restricting myself before the holidays....may be a great way to avoid the weight gain. :) Roger, I love pumpkin pie!!! I will have a small slice on Thanksgiving, maybe leave off the crust. It must be hard to resist when your bro cooks all that good stuff. :)
    I'm sure your house will be great when it's done, Jo....always good to have it done better than faster. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning. Happy Wednesday!
    f423c8087e088610bb6a650f081e95f5.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    On today's walk I went a new route due to the stops I wanted to make.
    1st Post Office, Then Dunkin Donuts for a Extra large Black Coffee on the Gift Card from my Brother, then while there I picked up the Free Boston Creme Doughnut for him, The Last receipt had a place to take a survey and enter a validation code for a free doughnut :) Then some walking and back to the bank to make a deposit for both of us and home. 8K+ steps.

It was only a couple of degrees warmer than yesterday when I started out,
    No real breeze however and then it warmed up by the time I left the bank.

Last Night we started the Holiday baking with Banana nut Muffins using Hickory Nuts.
    I ended up eating some of them since I had not had any of those for years.
    Then Peeled to many Bananas so I ate the extra one :) and Tasted the Batter after filling the Muffin Tin.

Today is prep day. I already peeled the potatoes and they are cooking,
    While I did that he Made the Dressing AKA Stuffing and it is in the Oven,
    Later on a Pumpkin Pie and a Mincemeat pie.
    Tonight the Turkey goes in the oven on am lowish heat so that it can rest and firm up tomorrow before being carved.
    It will still be warm FWIW. He also made Carrot sticks and Celery Sticks as snacks.
    Tomorrow probably the plate using them with Black Olives, Spanish Olives with Pimento and Home Made Deviled Eggs.

Have a Nice Thanksgiving Eve :)
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    I spent most of the day at work dicing butternut squash and packaging it. I guess most people will pay the extra money so they don't have to cut it themselves.
    I bought a new 2016 Nissan Rogue over the weekend. I am picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I know I just put some work into the old one, but the transmission was acting up and I got a great deal. Hubby swapped batteries, so he now has the new one and I will trade his old one with the car.
    House is coming alone, but I don't think they will be finished this week.
    They are doing a great job, so if I takes a little longer, I don't mind.

Hi Joanne
    Congratulations on getting a new car.
    I am guessing You do not have it yet from Your post.
    I always liked buying new, Of course I also kept them until the wheels fell off, so to speak :)
    I am constantly amazed how people will pay to avoid extra work.

Good Luck with the Holiday
    Roger
    Congrats on the new car, Jo! That's a nice looking car. :) One of the ladies in my art class just bought one last weekend...and her husband bought the small truck, she said they got a good deal for buying 2....well I would hope so!
    I am eating lots of vegetables. I think that's probably the best thing I can do right now. Guess it's good I'm restricting myself before the holidays....may be a great way to avoid the weight gain. :) Roger, I love pumpkin pie!!! I will have a small slice on Thanksgiving, maybe leave off the crust. It must be hard to resist when your bro cooks all that good stuff. :)
    I'm sure your house will be great when it's done, Jo....always good to have it done better than faster. :)

Hi Vix
    I loved the picture.
    It is a good thing I like my vegetables too.
    You can see what will be going to the table in the above post. Not to mention Vegetables :)
    I also forgot to mention he plans on home made Whipped Cream for the Pies. Temptation get thee behind me!

Have a Good Day
    Roger