Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jo, hope you get that appt quickly so you can feel better. I definitely would not be able to resist a pumpkin muffin!
    Irene, I'm really glad the weather was beautiful for the football game. My son played in high school and I used to be out there in rain, sleet, snow, all kinds of horrible weather...not fun!
    Roger, we had a really good time. My kids are great and we were sitting behind a really friendly guy from NJ! His son was one of the cheerleaders! :) They were impressive.
    The cleaning people came this morning. Yay....will get a good cleaning on the floors and bathrooms which is the hardest for me. I'm going to clay class, but hubs will be here when they finish up. This is going to be so nice to have a good cleaning done once a month. :)
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today, Cold and with a breeze that made it feel colder. I stopped at the produce store on the way back and ended up with 2 heads of Lettuce, No bargain, $1.99 a head and not that large. OTOH Yesterday when I stopped they only had a few heads left and they were really beat, picked over left overs from the weekend shoppers.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    good morning, oh Jo I am afraid I would of eaten at least 2 or 3 muffins that is why I try not to bake I would of eaten it. We use to have sesaon tickets to the jets game we use to have a great time but it sure use to get really cold. I am really thinking about placing an order while George is home next weekend it would make it so much easier

Hi Irene
    That sounds like a good reason to place the order if You can use it or have room to store it until needed.
    FWIW I have been writing the Calorie count down on the packing list when I check in my order. Then as I use the foods I mark that packing list to keep track of what I have on hand. That makes it easy to work up menus ahead of time.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    I see my post from yesterday is missing,guess who forgot to hit post reply. :p
    Roger-you beat me in steps yesterday. I had around 7,500. It did warm up nicely yesterday.
    Vix-I did cave in and eat one pumpkin muffin.
    I delayed my next order until February. The only thing I may run out of is breakfasts, but they are the easiest to substitute for.
    I am just waiting for the Dr. office to open, so I can call and get an appt. today. I think I have another kidney stone.
    It is extremely painful.
    Have a good day. :)

Hi Joanne
    I hate when I do that, in my case it happens usually when I do a preview and then forget to hit post :)

I tend to eat things I shouldn't if they are on hand and I can see them, OTOH If I don't see them then no problem, Out of sight - Out of mind :)

Good Luck with the Doctor Visit
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Jo, hope you get that appt quickly so you can feel better. I definitely would not be able to resist a pumpkin muffin!
    Irene, I'm really glad the weather was beautiful for the football game. My son played in high school and I used to be out there in rain, sleet, snow, all kinds of horrible weather...not fun!
    Roger, we had a really good time. My kids are great and we were sitting behind a really friendly guy from NJ! His son was one of the cheerleaders! :) They were impressive.
    The cleaning people came this morning. Yay....will get a good cleaning on the floors and bathrooms which is the hardest for me. I'm going to clay class, but hubs will be here when they finish up. This is going to be so nice to have a good cleaning done once a month. :)
    Have a great day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    How nice for You. The wrong people can make a big difference. Some of the Cheerleader are so talented.

I wish we could get someone in to clean like that :(

Enjoy the day
    Roger

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    I got an appt. to see the nurse, they did a urine test and concluded that I have an infection. I am on antibiotics.
    The only good thing about this is that I have upped my water consumption.
    Vix-Nice that you can now sit back and admire your clean house. It always makes me feel better when the house is clean.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks....it's really nice. My floors are shining, the baseboards are clean, the windowsills are clean, everything is shiny and nice, it smells good in here! :)
    Jo, good that you saw someone right away, good to get antibiotics for an infection.
    Roger, it got warm for a while in the afternoon, but chilled off again pretty quickly.
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    hi, aw Jo hope you feel better soon. EEk good for you I would love to have some one come in and clean but to be honest my husband does a lot of the house work I really am not home that much well need to go to work
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning,
    Have a good day at work, Irene.
    Thick purpley gray cloud cover this morning, not supposed to rain til tonight.
    Body flow class this morning, and I'm going to go to the sauna after. It is soothing.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went back out yesterday afternoon and walked to the Library and Picked up some New Looking used Books $6 total, I was glad I had worn the backpack there.

I was out walking today too + 1Cent. The weather was good. Tomorrow promises to be rainy and in the 60s, We will see what the weather forecast shows and what I see outside the window in the morning.

I just finished today's food menu plan and will be doing several more days ahead when I am done here.

I just heard from someone:
    I'm not sure if you've heard that the Refugee thread was taken down for a time because of the use of the NutriSystem name in the heading. The facilitators got it back up by changing the name to NS rather than the full name.
    Thus I am changing the names here. I believe the change will be transparent to us. They Must really want people on NuMi and Facebook.

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    I got an appt. to see the nurse, they did a urine test and concluded that I have an infection. I am on antibiotics.
    The only good thing about this is that I have upped my water consumption.
    Vix-Nice that you can now sit back and admire your clean house. It always makes me feel better when the house is clean.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I had that same thing, a UTI, a while back, I agree painful. Fortunately it is easily treatable compared to Kidney Stones. They gave me an injection and a a prescription and it was much better quickly :)

Good Luck
    Roger
    Thanks....it's really nice. My floors are shining, the baseboards are clean, the windowsills are clean, everything is shiny and nice, it smells good in here! :)
    Jo, good that you saw someone right away, good to get antibiotics for an infection.
    Roger, it got warm for a while in the afternoon, but chilled off again pretty quickly.
    Have a good night, everyone.

Hi Vix
    Yup, The weather is so changeable, as You can see above I went back out. I like paper books vs ebooks and buying them like that means no rush to read a 14 day book and get it back. Many of the ones I like are thick :)

Cheers
    Roger
    hi, aw Jo hope you feel better soon. EEk good for you I would love to have some one come in and clean but to be honest my husband does a lot of the house work I really am not home that much well need to go to work

Hi Irene
    I am my housemaid service :)

Nice weather today, so far, Thursday is not looking good right now.
    BTW if You have the News12 channel, they have been promoting a special on Inside Amazon or some such for Thursday, I wonder where they shot it?

Have a Good day at work
    Roger
    Good morning,
    Have a good day at work, Irene.
    Thick purpley gray cloud cover this morning, not supposed to rain til tonight.
    Body flow class this morning, and I'm going to go to the sauna after. It is soothing.

Hi Again
    It was sunny out this morning, I needed my Sunshade visor when I was walking towards the Sun. Now it is cloudy and I suspect that we have seen the last of the Sun for a couple of days.

I plan to go out and put the potted Chrysanthemums in the ground later on, They should survive and bloom next year that way.

Enjoy the Class and Sauna
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I love the library. I try not to buy books...I'd rather just borrow. This time they did get me a bunch of books that I can't renew, so I'm just trying to read through quickly. One was awful, so I returned it after 50 pages! It wasn't getting any better. I pretty much read about 100 books a year, so I would quickly run out of room to keep them all. I keep some craft books, gardening books, bird books, etc....more like reference books...I usually buy those at the library when they're getting rid of them for next to nothing. If I buy novels at the library, I usually share them out to others or donate them at the Sr. Center. :)
    I've been making some small flower pots at my clay co-op. My houseplants seem to be overgrowing, so I am trimming, rooting, and repotting, and need to give some away. :)
    The sauna was nice this morning. I had it all to myself, so I could stretch out and relax. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    I like holding a book in my hands and turning the pages. I hardly ever use my kindle anymore.
    I haven't read as much lately as I would like to. I am too tired, after a few pages my eyes start to close.
    I feel much better today, the antibiotics are doing their job.
    Roger-I have no interest in NuMi. I only go on facebook to keep up with what my family is doing. I mostly read and occasionally comment.
    Vix-I bet the heat from the sauna felt good. I could have used that yesterday, I was chilled to the bone all day.
    Enjoy the rest of the day! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jo, glad you are feeling better. I feel the same way about books, rarely use my Nook any more. It is good to take on vacations, so I don't have to carry books. :)
    The sauna is really good. We are thinking about maybe someday getting a small one for home.
    I have my painting class this morning and will see the rheumatologist this afternoon. Hopefully, I can get some good advice.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi well today is my friday so I am happy about that. Today I actually have a hr manager to train in pick . All managres learn how to pick no matter how high up you are, this is my first manager to train but it is only for 2 hours we have been trying to train her for weeks now but I always had a group to train.Well gotta go to work Roger I have no idea what you are talking about just let me know if we are moving to some where else
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Irene....have fun training the manager! Yay for Friday! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    The weather during today's walk was OK despite the forecast. The Rain held off until I was home and the Gusty winds have not started blowing yet. Temperatures were in the comfortable range, I only needed a Thin Long Sleeve Shirt and no gloves. I did take a light rain jacket and folding umbrella along just in case but they were not needed.

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
    I love the library. I try not to buy books...I'd rather just borrow. This time they did get me a bunch of books that I can't renew, so I'm just trying to read through quickly. One was awful, so I returned it after 50 pages! It wasn't getting any better. I pretty much read about 100 books a year, so I would quickly run out of room to keep them all. I keep some craft books, gardening books, bird books, etc....more like reference books...I usually buy those at the library when they're getting rid of them for next to nothing. If I buy novels at the library, I usually share them out to others or donate them at the Sr. Center. :)
    I've been making some small flower pots at my clay co-op. My houseplants seem to be overgrowing, so I am trimming, rooting, and repotting, and need to give some away. :)
    The sauna was nice this morning. I had it all to myself, so I could stretch out and relax. :)

Hi Vix
    I wish I had more free time to read, with everything it takes me a while to get through a book these days.
    Good afternoon;
    I like holding a book in my hands and turning the pages. I hardly ever use my kindle anymore.
    I haven't read as much lately as I would like to. I am too tired, after a few pages my eyes start to close.
    I feel much better today, the antibiotics are doing their job.
    Roger-I have no interest in NuMi. I only go on facebook to keep up with what my family is doing. I mostly read and occasionally comment.
    Vix-I bet the heat from the sauna felt good. I could have used that yesterday, I was chilled to the bone all day.
    Enjoy the rest of the day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I have no interest in a Electronic book reader either, I like to have real pages to turn.

With ll the walking I do now, 1.5 hours plus I end up tired earlier myself.

Cheers
    Roger
    hi well today is my friday so I am happy about that. Today I actually have a hr manager to train in pick . All managres learn how to pick no matter how high up you are, this is my first manager to train but it is only for 2 hours we have been trying to train her for weeks now but I always had a group to train.Well gotta go to work Roger I have no idea what you are talking about just let me know if we are moving to some where else

Hi Irene
    What I was trying to say and possibly failing to make clear was that I have changed the name of the groups from NutriSystem to NS and that it should have no real impact.

That makes perfect sense to me, I believe that McDonalds prospective owners have to spend a long period of time working in every position in a location first. Or that is what I was told back in the 90s by someone going through that :)

Enjoy Your upcoming weekend
    Roger
    Hi Irene....have fun training the manager! Yay for Friday! :)

Hi Vix
    Hopefully You are having better weather than I am. It is so dark and gray outside and that is at 11AM :)

One more day until the weekend for most people.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Oh, it's been gray and cloudy since yesterday morning. Raining all morning here. Not too cold, a sweater and a little rain jacket is comfortable. Went to my painting class and will be leaving in a little while to see the doc.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Off to zumba this a.m.
    Doc said I need to go to PT, and gave me some modifications for my diet. So, that's the plan. :)
    Sun is out this morning.
    Happy Friday! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked today, + One battered penny.
    The weather was OK, I was OK in light gloves and a thicker Long sleeve shirt than yesterday :)

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Oh, it's been gray and cloudy since yesterday morning. Raining all morning here. Not too cold, a sweater and a little rain jacket is comfortable. Went to my painting class and will be leaving in a little while to see the doc.
    Good morning.
    Off to zumba this a.m.
    Doc said I need to go to PT, and gave me some modifications for my diet. So, that's the plan. :)
    Sun is out this morning.
    Happy Friday! :)

Hi Vix
    Thursday I was lucky enough to get by with a Light shirt when walking. The Rain held off until I was home :) I did have my Rain jacket rolled up in my back pocket and the folding umbrella in the other back pocket in case I was not lucky.

Today is a really nice looking day outside, I may go outside to the picnic table and use the Nut Cracker to crack more Black Walnuts as I have picked through the ones I had done previously. I will say the the Nut cracker B'day gift works much better for me that using a hammer was. I am getting much bigger nut meats :)

Enjoy the Zumba and Good Luck with the Modifications to diet
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi, placed my ns order wow there really isn't much to choose but I really don't have room for frozen I did call ns and new stuff will be coming out next month we shall seeJo they no longer include the protine shakes which is fine with me I have boxes of that stuff I do believe you can order if you need too. My training the manager was fine no problem there well need to go take care
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    Irene-I have a lot of shakes also. I just started drinking them again.
    Vix-good luck with the PT.
    Roger-every penny counts.
    It was really busy at work today. I am so glad I have tomorrow off.
    I suspect it will be extremely busy until Wednesday and what makes it worse is my boss is not very organized. The department runs smoother when he is not there.
    Have a great weekend. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    It was nice out even though it was chilly...we ended up walking in the park again this afternoon. Roger, I have a lined fleece long jacket that I got at Walmart which is perfect for this weather. :)
    Irene, glad the training went well. Enjoy your weekend. :)
    Jo, I won't start the PT for a couple of weeks. They seem to be very busy, but I found one less than 10 minutes from my house which is very convenient. I guess you will be busy through Wednesday. We are waiting to get our Thanksgiving supplies! :)
    Enjoy the weekend, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Up bright and early. We are going out to breakfast and then grocery shopping and maybe to the mall later. I need to pick up a few things for my daughter for christmas and have my ring cleaned and checked out.
    I want to go before next week, when the malls start to get crazy. Since my son isn't coming for Christmas this year, I don't have a lot of shopping to do. It is easier for me to send him money and let them get what they want.
    Hubby is ready to go.
    Have a great day. :)