Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    good morning, jo sorry vinny is not feeling good, we worry so much about our pets.there had to be at least 30 dogs and maybe 3 cats so it was a pretty good turn out some of the dogs weren't use to being around other dogs but annie was good of course she has been there a couple of times.today I am suppose to go to class and learn how to train other pickers this should be fun no extra money just something different to do well take care all

Hi Irene
    I also used to love getting someone to train back when I was driving. They helped pass the time and ease the days load.

Chilly this morning too :)
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning all.
    Irene, I used to enjoy training new people. Like you said, no extra money, but something different to do. :)
    Jo, sorry Vinny's having a rough time of it. I had to give my cat IV's at home for about a week. She had kidney problems and had stopped eating....but then we switched her to the special food which kept her going for a couple more years. It's really hard when a pet is not well.
    Roger, the gray weather doesn't help, but it's another sunny day! Yay! I have clay class today. :)
    Have a happy day. :)

Hi Vix
    Today should be sunny and in the lower 70s, cold overnight due to a clear sky. With no clouds to hold the heat in it cooled down pretty quickly.

Enjoy the clay class
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Jo, glad Vinny's doing better....he's feisty...that's a good sign. :) Ooh...sounds like the house reno is coming along well! Our basement is just about done, just a few finishing touches with the plumbing, details, etc.
    Roger, I think we're supposed to get up to 69 or 70 here today too. Lovely day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Jo, glad Vinny's doing better....he's feisty...that's a good sign. :) Ooh...sounds like the house reno is coming along well! Our basement is just about done, just a few finishing touches with the plumbing, details, etc.
    Roger, I think we're supposed to get up to 69 or 70 here today too. Lovely day. :)

Hi Vix
    My brother is irritated with the house on the corner's contractor. There is a house in-between us and the noise is still terrible. They took out the side porch last week and from what he saw they are cutting Concrete blockzs today and there are clouds of dust blowing past from that process.

When I looked out the Living room window There was one tiny stray cloud in the sky, I suspect another cold night followed by another day in the low to mid 70s.

Often the finishing touches take longer.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Roger, that would probably bother me too.
    It looks like there's just one light fixture in the bathroom and clean up left to do in our basement. It's looking pretty good. :)
    It's cloudy right now, but I think it's supposed to get into the low 70s today. Off to the gym in a little while.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I should have worn a Long Sleeve Shirt instead of a Sweatshirt for todays walk. 3 Cents too.
    Warmer than yesterday and todays daytimne should be mid 70s too.

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger
    Good morning all.
    Roger, that would probably bother me too.
    It looks like there's just one light fixture in the bathroom and clean up left to do in our basement. It's looking pretty good. :)
    It's cloudy right now, but I think it's supposed to get into the low 70s today. Off to the gym in a little while.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I suspect that no matter how well they clean up, You will be down there doing it over :)

There were Light clouds in the sky when I started my walk, I could see the moon and the brighter stars through them. Warmer today too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    We have a pretty good cloud cover today, but it's definitely warmer than yesterday. Was feeling warm even in a T-shirt. Gonna relax for a little while, then I have some errands to run, or can do laundry, or work on the cushions. Ha!
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good evening;
    Busy day today at work, then I went and got my hair colored and cut.
    I had to put the heat on in my car this morning on the way to work. When I left work at 1pm it was very warm and I had to turn on the AC. :)
    Vix-now you can have fun decorating. :)
    Have a good night.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    good morning, sounds like everyone is doing good glad to hear vinny is feeling better.My trainning class went goodit was a full class I will be happy to start I don't want to forget all the stuff she went over. Mostly you read and just follow along in a book so I should be ok . We have overtime tomorrow but I already had appointments made so I won't be going in I just might take it as personal time. Every day of my walk I have been finding 2 cents it is weird but I will take it well gotta go take care
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning
    Yay for a haircut and color, Jo. :)
    Well, Irene, someone's putting in their 2 cents!
    Off to painting cclass for me this morning.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Somewhat colder when I was walking this morning, I could see my breath once the sky started lightening up, in the 40s in a nearby town. Not uncomfortable however as there was no breeze.

Cheers
    Roger
    We have a pretty good cloud cover today, but it's definitely warmer than yesterday. Was feeling warm even in a T-shirt. Gonna relax for a little while, then I have some errands to run, or can do laundry, or work on the cushions. Ha!

Hi Vix
    We are having decent weather so it could be worse.
    My Brother said he is thinking of giving the lawn a final cut for the year Sunday. It is his turn as we Alternate too. So no problem to me.

Relaxing is always good
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Busy day today at work, then I went and got my hair colored and cut.
    I had to put the heat on in my car this morning on the way to work. When I left work at 1pm it was very warm and I had to turn on the AC. :)
    Vix-now you can have fun decorating. :)
    Have a good night.

Hi Joanne
    I know, Some days I am running the heat and others I am getting by with the window down in the car. I have been running the heat in the house lately however.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning, sounds like everyone is doing good glad to hear vinny is feeling better.My trainning class went good it was a full class I will be happy to start I don't want to forget all the stuff she went over. Mostly you read and just follow along in a book so I should be ok . We have overtime tomorrow but I already had appointments made so I won't be going in I just might take it as personal time. Every day of my walk I have been finding 2 cents it is weird but I will take it well gotta go take care

Hi Irene
    How was the walk today, Cooler like here?

Two cents every day is weird, I take whatever too. Why not.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    The basement is done. The cleaning crew came in today....they even cleaned the unfinished part of the basement and vacumned the stairs! Wow! Yay! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Zumba class for me this morning.
    Happy Friday. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    good morning I found 4 cents today so I am up 4 cents every day I seem to find a little.I wore a hoodie this morning but ended up taking it off almost 60 here this morning I like it cool well off to light a candle in church for my mom it would of been her 83rd birthday take care
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Another day another 2.9 miles and 15 cents.
    Warmish out today, I wore a light long sleeve shirt and it was almost too much. Weatherman is saying maybe 80 degrees later and rain later, then cooler tomorrow.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    The basement is done. The cleaning crew came in today....they even cleaned the unfinished part of the basement and vacumned the stairs! Wow! Yay! :)
    Good morning all!
    Zumba class for me this morning.
    Happy Friday. :)

Hi Vix
    It sounds as if You had a good contractor.
    The last one we tried for some repairs and painting left somewhat of a mess. So much for giving the little guy a try.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning I found 4 cents today so I am up 4 cents every day I seem to find a little.I wore a hoodie this morning but ended up taking it off almost 60 here this morning I like it cool well off to light a candle in church for my mom it would of been her 83rd birthday take care

Hi Irene
    Each morning I turn on the TV and check the News12 cable channel weather before walking. They give many local temperatures and I use that to determine what to wear, Thus this morning a light long sleeve that could be pulled off and rolled up into a pocket if need be and Brown Jersey gloves, just in case.

Lucky You, I find money on some days but not all. One place I never found any money is the Local McDonalds parking lot when I go that way for Coffee. On the way out the door I did find what looked like a Brass Door Key so I U-Turned back in and left in case anybody misses it.

We Try and have a Memorial Mass for Mom and Dad, It is not that expensive either.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Those pennies are adding up.
    Thoughts out for you, Irene.
    It's supposed to warm up here today too, and then cool off tomorrow.
    (Yes, we had excellent people working here.) :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    I worked 10 1/2 hours yesterday and came home had a little dinner and then fell asleep.
    Vix-Yay! for the basement being finished. That is good practice cleaning up after. They did a good job and you were pleased, that usually means you would use them again and refer them to others.
    Irene-Maybe tomorrow you will find 6 cents. :p Thinking of you today as you remember your Mom.
    Roger-great job on the walking. I am still looking for motivation.
    Siding came today, window should be in next week. I just have to pick out some outdoor lights for the front of the house and pick out a new front door.
    Have a good night and a wonderful weekend. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Have fun picking out a new front door and some lights, Jo! They have some really pretty ones now. :)
    Have a good night everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Cooler today when walking, Sweatshirt & Gloves Weather. I got out the door an hour later than I was a couple of weeks ago. I slept in to honor the weekend tradition :)

Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger
    Those pennies are adding up.
    Thoughts out for you, Irene.
    It's supposed to warm up here today too, and then cool off tomorrow.
    (Yes, we had excellent people working here.) :)

Hi Vix
    Warmer and rainier yesterday than today. Yesterday a Light Long Sleeve shirt and no gloves, Today Sweatshirt and lightly insulated leather gloves and I missed something to keep my ears warm for the first part of the walk too. IE Earmuffs or a hat with ear flaps :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    I worked 10 1/2 hours yesterday and came home had a little dinner and then fell asleep.
    Vix-Yay! for the basement being finished. That is good practice cleaning up after. They did a good job and you were pleased, that usually means you would use them again and refer them to others.
    Irene-Maybe tomorrow you will find 6 cents. :p Thinking of you today as you remember your Mom.
    Roger-great job on the walking. I am still looking for motivation.
    Siding came today, window should be in next week. I just have to pick out some outdoor lights for the front of the house and pick out a new front door.
    Have a good night and a wonderful weekend. :)

Hi Irene
    FWIW my motivation for walking was that I either had to reduce the calories of food per day or exercise. I chose Exercise and am still eating the same daily plan as when I started NutriSystem at the end of January 2014 and lots of pounds lighter too.

I suspect that most of the lights available will be LED types that are light on the wallet to operate.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning....a lot cooler than yesterday. Only supposed to get up to 63 today, but the sun is shining, so I'm happy. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Off to a a big outdoor arts and crafts fair...Catoctin ColorFest in a little while. Beautiful day for it. :)