Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    good morning, HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIX! hope you have a great day. We didn't walk yet it is still raining out side but we will George is down the treadmill when he gets done we will go. Jo I joined because it is just cheaper .Not sure what our plans are for today it is suppose to rain all day. Jo the y sounds like a good thing. take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    I walked despite the rain, I did not feel like waiting for it to end :)
    Not to mention I prefer the peace and quiet of being out before the streets get busy with commuters. Wet streets are even noisier :(

I hope You managed to do Your walking.
    Good Luck with it
    Roger

Hi Vix

Hi Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning, we had an awesome walk this morning we went a little farther because the weather was so nice. Today Annie has an vet apt to get her nails trimmed .I have some boxes I need to go threw so I might be doing that take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    I am off today from work. I will be picking up a prescription, taking items to the good will, shopping for stocking stuffers and going to the bank. And if time permits I will start baking Christmas cookies.
    Have a great day!
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning.
    Thanks for the birthday wishes...it was yesterday. :)
    The weekend was so much fun. It rained most of the time, but we had a nice fireplace, cooked, did a jigsaw puzzle, played games, and generally caught up.
    Jo, the Y is a good idea. I wish we had one close by. Enjoy your day off. :)
    Hi Irene. You do great with all the walking.
    Roger, funny that's the glass store I go to in Frederick. Beautiful store. Came is not easy to work with. I use it to frame my larger pieces (like the car and the peacock). But it is not very flexible, has to be stretched and cut with a cutting tool. I think it is mostly used in larger, heavier pieces (like church windows). It would be very hard to get around small pieces of glass like those in suncatchers or the relatively small things I make. There are smaller zinc channels people can use, but one of my friends is using them for a project and apparently you have to be very precise in sizing and cutting those too. The copper foil is very forgiving.
    Looks like a beautiful sunshiny day today. Hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy it. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Happy Hanakkuh!
  • RogerToo
    I have posted Humor already

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not even one penny was found. The Temperature out the door was 37 degrees.

Today looks to be somewhat busy for me, which is unusual. Lets see, Bank, Then Post office to post Christmas gifts to my sister, Possibly to the drugstore for my brother and the recycle yard to drop a bag into the Salvation Army Bin.

https://www.atr.org/carbon-tax-bill-will-chop-down-least-5000-trees-each-year
    Carbon Tax Bill Will Chop Down at Least 5,000 Trees Each Year

Sad
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/01/christians-brink-extinction-middle-east-warns-archbishop-canterbury/
    Christians on brink of extinction in Middle East, warns Archbishop of Canterbury

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/25238/russia-just-launched-five-objects-into-space-one-problem-there-were-supposed-to-be-four
    Russia Just Launched Five Objects Into Space. One Problem, There Were Supposed To Be Four

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/01/forget-leasing-or-buying-a-car-these-companies-let-you-subscribe.html
    The 'Netflix' model of car ownership is on the rise for drivers who need wheels--without the debt

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, we had an awesome walk this morning we went a little farther because the weather was so nice. Today Annie has an vet apt to get her nails trimmed .I have some boxes I need to go threw so I might be doing that take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    Yesterday things were still wet outdoors, OTOH the temperature as still good, This morning is a lot cooler. I sat down in front of a Chinese Takeout so I had a table to place my walking stick, coffee and Mittens on to free up my hands to pull out some Kleenex. Unfortunately I did not check the seat of the chair and sat on something sticky :(
    Luckily I do have a pair of clean walking pants to switch to.

Yesterday I packed the box of Christmas gifts to send off to my sister. Since it is a Post Office Flat rate box I tossed in items to serve as filler. Being overstocked with NS Snacks I used them as packing.

Good Luck at the Vet and going through the boxes, I need to do that to, Motivation is lacking :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    I am off today from work. I will be picking up a prescription, taking items to the good will, shopping for stocking stuffers and going to the bank. And if time permits I will start baking Christmas cookies.
    Have a great day!
    Hi Joanne
    Enjoy the Day off.

Much of my Christmas gift shopping is done, still to do is something for the friend we had Brunch with last week and for a Neighbor that comes over with a gift of food every year.

Still to do now that all the ingredients is bake the Fruit Cakes and them Spray them every couple of days with Brandy.
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Happy Hanakkuh!
    Oops, I meant to do that also, Happy Hanukah

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Thanks for the birthday wishes...it was yesterday. :)
    The weekend was so much fun. It rained most of the time, but we had a nice fireplace, cooked, did a jigsaw puzzle, played games, and generally caught up.
    Jo, the Y is a good idea. I wish we had one close by. Enjoy your day off. :)
    Hi Irene. You do great with all the walking.
    Roger, funny that's the glass store I go to in Frederick. Beautiful store. Came is not easy to work with. I use it to frame my larger pieces (like the car and the peacock). But it is not very flexible, has to be stretched and cut with a cutting tool. I think it is mostly used in larger, heavier pieces (like church windows). It would be very hard to get around small pieces of glass like those in suncatchers or the relatively small things I make. There are smaller zinc channels people can use, but one of my friends is using them for a project and apparently you have to be very precise in sizing and cutting those too. The copper foil is very forgiving.
    Looks like a beautiful sunshiny day today. Hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy it. :)
    Hi Vix
    I wish we had a Fireplace, wood burning of course. I always liked working jigsaw puzzles, The really thick ones from Tuco.
    https://www.oldpuzzles.com/node/1839
    Tuco Workshops, Inc.
    Maker of diecut cardboard puzzles in Lockport, NY 1932-1984. They used stronger dies which allowed them to cut thicker cardboard (called upsom board) but only in a crooked line strip pattern. This gave their puzzles a special feel of solidity, much like wood, and a distinct competitive advantage.

I'll be darned what a coincidence I had not thought od that happening :smiley:
    I can see where large windows would need higher strength, I had not thought of that, The TV shows where I saw them using Came was for creating or repairing large Stained Glass windows so that is what I though was the Norm.

Cheers
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, walk was good a little windy big difference from yesterday. The vet apt was fine did nails, ears and took blood work to check for heart worm which they do every year she did put on a couple of pounds I think it was from the burgers and treats I gave her to get her meds in her for when she hurt her paw glad so far every thing is good. Vix I know nothing about stained glass but I love it I do have a couple pieces. Well by the time I got home from the vet I was to tired to do any thing in the basement but today is the day at least 2 boxes a day. Jo I hope you enjoyed your day off. Roger we have a gas fireplace and I love it . Take care everyone
  • eku0
    Thanks for the holiday wishes.
    I went to stained glass, clay group and an endodontist today. Finished the 2 pieces of glass I was working on. And have to go back to the dentist on Monday.
    Need to do some things around the house and do some holiday shopping this week. I've been so busy.
    Wishing you all a good night. :)
  • RogerToo
    Today's humor is now posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not even one penny was found. The Temperature out the door was 23 degrees.
    While walking I saw three Deer meandering across the road ahead of where I was walking.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-37440597
    Digital technology reveals secret of ancient biblical scroll

Not Good, “intimidating, aggressive or alienating". Give me a break, Colleges seem to have gone completely Wack a Doodle, Nutsoid.
    Stanford University told the Sigma Chi fraternity to remove its American flag to “improve” its image. An administrator reportedly told the fraternity that the flag could be seen as “intimidating, aggressive or alienating.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-46302780
    Why the world is becoming more allergic to food

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46432350
    'Awe-inspiring' cave discovered in Canada's wilderness

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/decline-of-canned-tuna-sales-forces-industry-to-shift-millennials-dont-even-own-can-openers
    Decline of canned tuna sales forces industry to shift: 'Millennial's don’t even own can openers'

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, walk was good a little windy big difference from yesterday. The vet apt was fine did nails, ears and took blood work to check for heart worm which they do every year she did put on a couple of pounds I think it was from the burgers and treats I gave her to get her meds in her for when she hurt her paw glad so far every thing is good. Vix I know nothing about stained glass but I love it I do have a couple pieces. Well by the time I got home from the vet I was to tired to do any thing in the basement but today is the day at least 2 boxes a day. Jo I hope you enjoyed your day off. Roger we have a gas fireplace and I love it . Take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    Today's walk was OK as was Yesterdays, I did put one a heavy sweatshirt under the Hoodie due to the outside temperature and I tied the hood to keep it from falling off my head.

The couple of pounds is likely OK, What did the vet say about it ?

Our Front Door has a Stained Glass look all in clear glass, some with a decorative effect in the glass so we can look out and see who knocked. Why the Knock when the Doorbell button makes no sense to me, it does work I test it now and then.

The thing I love about a wood burning fireplace is the Crackling and sparks as well as the aroma of the burning wood, The downside as my brother can attest to is having a woodpile, Cleaning the ash and the fact that now and then You need to get the chimney cleaned due to creosote buildup.

I wonder if where You are You will getting any of the Trace to one inch of snow in the forecast in the area that starts a little way south of where I am.

Good Luck getting today's boxes done
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the holiday wishes.
    I went to stained glass, clay group and an today. Finished the 2 pieces of glass I was working on. And have to go back to the dentist on Monday.
    Need to do some things around the house and do some holiday shopping this week. I've been so busy.
    Wishing you all a good night. :)
    Hi Vix
    I am guessing that being sent to a endodontist means there is hope for Your teeth, Good Luck.

I may make a Drugstore run later today for a couple of over the counter supplements.

I was lucky with my guess as to why the remote control for three switchable outlet controllers would not turn them on and only off. A new battery and Voila they no work. One is on a table lamp, One will be for the Christmas tree and I have not decided where to use the third one yet. That would be these
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DD9Z7Z2
    WenTop Wireless Remote Control Electrical Outlets Kit 3 in 1 Socket Programmable Remote Plug-in Switch for Lights and All Household Appliances - 1 Remote Control + 3 Outlets FWIW. The main reason I bought them is that where we put the Christmas tree the outlet is hidden behind it and that makes it hard to turn the lights on and off.

As I mentioned previously I think I have most of my Christmas shopping done. Most not all. I had a reminder yesterday to get going with my Christmas cards when the first one arrived from Family in Iowa.

Thanks for the wishes, they seem to have worked as I slept OK last night
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, hey we found a nickel this morning. It was pretty cold out this morning but we were dress for the weather. Roger the vet didn't say too much about it because he knew she got extra treats to get her to take her meds. Remember the post office is closed today to honor President Bush I gather they will be delivering packages but not regular mail. Vix you always seem to have so much to do. hi jo
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    The endodontist will open up my tooth on Monday and will check with a microscope. If the root is cracked, it will be a lost cause. Otherwise he will prepare it and set an appt to do a root canal and save the tooth.
    This is my new glass holiday piece:
    d60f053c3f74f2bc678f222da6e387587de0.jpg
    Happy Wednesday! :smile:
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Vix-I love your stained glass dove. I hope your tooth can be saved.
    Roger-I have my living room lights hooked up to wireless remote. So much easier than having to get up and turn each individual light on and off.
    Irene-congrats on finding a nickel.
    I went to the dentist after work to get my teeth cleaned, no cavities. :)
    My NS came today. I just finished unpacking it and discovered 1 extra breakfast.
    I also got a postcard in the mail from NS with a much lower priced than I am paying. I am going to call them and ask for the lower price.
    Have a good evening.

• RogerToo
    I will be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not even one penny was found. The Temperature out the door was 27 degrees. Yesterdays Southern NJ snow event did not impact where I am located, Parts of NJ south of where I am had a 7.5 inches of snow rather than the Trace to one inch as forecast. A weather forecasting oops.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-46439892
    Most adults living unhealthy lifestyles

Interesting
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dont-go-for-a-long-hot-run-try-running-a-long-hot-bath-c9f5x5cp3
    Don’t go for a long, hot run. Try running a long, hot bath
    Research shows that an hour spent soaking in hot water could help to ward off diabetes — and that’s just the start

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-science-gorilla-gaming/cheating-gorillas-show-clever-puzzle-solving-idUSKBN1O31CO
    'Cheating' gorillas show clever puzzle-solving

https://www.mysanantonio.com/neighborhood/article/Asian-Beetles-disguised-as-lady-bugs-are-not-your-13441902.php
    Asian Lady Beetles disguised as lady bugs will burrow in your dogs mouth

https://www.bloombergquint.com/global-economics/free-money-swiss-village-can-t-raise-enough-funds-to-experiment#gs.Al8JFWA
    Free Money? Swiss Village Can’t Raise Enough Funds to Experiment

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018/12/04/US-manufacturers-struggling-to-find-workers-turning-to-high-schools/7841543589283/
    U.S. manufacturers struggling to find workers turning to high schools

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, hey we found a nickel this morning. It was pretty cold out this morning but we were dress for the weather. Roger the vet didn't say too much about it because he knew she got extra treats to get her to take her meds. Remember the post office is closed today to honor President Bush I gather they will be delivering packages but not regular mail. Vix you always seem to have so much to do. hi jo
    Hi Irene
    We were going to drop off some mail in the lobby yesterday at the post office and then News 12 said that They were closed along with the Federal Offices so I dropped them off this morning during my walking. My brother thought that if they were closed nothing should be done by them and if they were delivering packages they should deliver mail too. I did not care either way, It is what it is and nothing I could do would change a single thing.

Did You get any of the snow that was reported to range in depth from a trace to 7.5 inches depending on location ?
    Hopefully no real impact where You are.

That makes sense that since the vet knew why, no problem.

It was cold yesterday and today, I am not looking forward to tomorrow, I do not recall what the weather forecast was showing yesterday and have not seen a current one so...

Congratulations, You are finding so much more money than I am.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    The endodontist will open up my tooth on Monday and will check with a microscope. If the root is cracked, it will be a lost cause. Otherwise he will prepare it and set an appt to do a root canal and save the tooth.
    This is my new glass holiday piece:
    d60f053c3f74f2bc678f222da6e387587de0.jpg
    Happy Wednesday! :smile:
    Hi Vix
    Good Luck on Monday, I know I want to keep my teeth as long as possible.

Nice work on the Dove, flying an Olive Branch ?

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger