Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning, we haven't gone for our walk yet George slept in today he just woke up withit being colder out now we can go later. Vix have fun at the shower. Roger thanks for letting me know there is new food out I will have to check them out . Hey Jo
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning.
    haha...yes, this is the 2nd shower....my daughter's husband has a huge family, so the first shower was for friends, the one today is for family. I baked some ginger butter cookies, mixed them up last night and popped them in the oven this a.m.
    It's cold, gray, and gloomy looking here too, but we're not supposed to get any precipitation.
    I'm going to try to get some things done around the house this morning. I seem to keep procrastinating on housework!
    Happy Sunday, everyone! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-The counselor told me to drink 8oz. of ice cold water on awakening and to eat my breakfast within the first hour of getting up. She also said if I was exercising for more that 30 minutes that I should eat a protein first. If I exercise more than an hour I should eat a protein before and after a workout.
    Hope this is helpful.
  • Joanne3366
    Roger-I am on the uniquely yours program. I am not sure what one you are on? This is from the NS site under terms and agreements:
    You may switch your plan selection at any time. Pricing and promotions will be adjusted according to the new plan you select. Ask for nutrisystem.com/nov17. This promotion is good until Dec. 16.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 23 degrees. Sunday here was gray and clouded over and the only way it could have looked worse outdoors would be if it had rained.

At 8:30AM the new kitchen floor is scheduled to be installed. I am hoping it is not super disruptive to my staying 100% NS for the mid day meal. If it is going to run later than that I may have to have some sort of takeout food or go hungry. Staying 100% for the last few days and turning down temptation has let me lose some weight :wink:
    Naturally either my brother of myself will need to be home while the installation is going on. I let my brother decide what is going on the floor and he wanted something that no water could get through as well as being economical thus for now at least Linoleum, Congoleum as I remember,

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/worlds-smallest-cow-stuns-owners-13703238
    'World's smallest cow' stuns owners days after giant steer Knickers went viral
    Lil' Bill, from Mississippi, in the US, weighs a teeny-weeny 4.5kg which is the same as a domestic cat, nearly a tenth of other cows his age and 300 times lighter than Knickers

https://apnews.com/592c1bf3301a4054ada912cdad699ca2
    China launches pioneering mission to far side of moon

https://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/14371705-74/police-youngwood-carjacking-suspect-attacked-woman-outside-westmoreland-county-prison
    Police: Drug dealer released from prison, then carjacks woman in parking lot

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/north-carolina/north-carolina-race-shines-light-on-ballot-harvesting/884597359
    Disputed House race puts spotlight on 'ballot harvesting'
    https://www.malaymail.com/s/1699790/galapagos-giant-tortoise-gene-study-hints-at-longevity-secrets
    Galapagos giant tortoise gene study hints at longevity secrets

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, we haven't gone for our walk yet George slept in today he just woke up withit being colder out now we can go later. Vix have fun at the shower. Roger thanks for letting me know there is new food out I will have to check them out . Hey Jo
    Hi Irene
    I really wish I could sleep in, Around 3:30 to 4AM I wake up and fail to get back to sleep :(

Those new foods looked so good I added 4 of each A La Carte to my upcoming order in January. I would move the order up to be able try them, However the Freezer would not have the room until I eat more of the food that is in it.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    haha...yes, this is the 2nd shower....my daughter's husband has a huge family, so the first shower was for friends, the one today is for family. I baked some ginger butter cookies, mixed them up last night and popped them in the oven this a.m.
    It's cold, gray, and gloomy looking here too, but we're not supposed to get any precipitation.
    I'm going to try to get some things done around the house this morning. I seem to keep procrastinating on housework!
    Happy Sunday, everyone! :)
    Hi Vix
    Interesting that You needed to have two showers to accommodate everyone. Ginger Ale is my main use of Ginger's taste, There is 1/4 cup candied ginger used in the Fruitcakes my brother makes. However I am sure that the ones you made being Ginger Butter cookies will be tasty.

We had the same sort of weather Sunday, I kept looking out the window and thinking Yuck.

Procrastination or lack of motivation I suffer from the latter disease :blush:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-The counselor told me to drink 8oz. of ice cold water on awakening and to eat my breakfast within the first hour of getting up. She also said if I was exercising for more that 30 minutes that I should eat a protein first. If I exercise more than an hour I should eat a protein before and after a workout.
    Hope this is helpful.
    Hi Joanne
    I drink some water before walking mainly to wash the taste of the snack I eat before walking out of my mouth, that is followed with a 30 ounce refill of coffee that is half regular and half decaf coffee. I always have 1 liter bottles of water in the refrigerator we go through around a 24 pack case a week of the water.
    Roger-I am on the uniquely yours program. I am not sure what one you are on? This is from the NS site under terms and agreements:
    You may switch your plan selection at any time. Pricing and promotions will be adjusted according to the new plan you select. Ask for nutrisystem.com/nov17. This promotion is good until Dec. 16.
    Ah ha, I need to look at that page right away
    Interesting I did not see that page, let me try the Microsoft browser instead of Firefox. Nope no joy. Could You paste what You see in a message ?

I am also on the uniquely yours program, when I want some Non Frozen foods for Lunch or Dinner I add them A La Carte and that works since I always delay the following order. I do have a few days before I need to act.

Thank You for the information
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, on our walk this morning we found 2 cents . We walked about 45 minutes and then I did 25 minutes on the treadmill now if I could get my eating under control take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Roger, I use crystalized ginger in the cookie recipe. They are good, not too sweet.
    Irene, I feel the same about geting my eating under control! This time of year is so hard, and extra parties this year for me.
    Jo, thanks for the info. on the metabolism boosters.
    The party was nice yesterday.
    I have a massage and the endodontist scheduled for today. Yay for the massage. Wish me luck at the endodontist...hoping to save my tooth.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-good luck at the dentist.
    Irene-congrats on finding money. I have not found any in a few weeks.
    Roger-I will try and copy and paste the info for you.
    I took Sophie to the vet this morning. She has another lump on her tail, so she is back on the antifungal medicine. They have no idea what is causing this. The only thing I can think of is that she needs to be on the meds for a while after the lump goes away to make sure it is all out of her system.
    Have a great day!
  • Joanne3366
    Roger- It is very long so I copied the paragraph that I think applies.
    You may switch your plan selection at any time. Pricing and promotions will be adjusted according to the new plan you select. You can change your delivery schedule and your product selections on any order. You may do so by 6:00 p.m. ET the day before your order is scheduled to begin processing; otherwise we will be unable to make any changes for that order. Your auto-delivery payment is held by your banking institution the day before your order is scheduled to begin processing, and is subsequently paid to Nutrisystem when your order is shipped.
    If you go into your NS account, I found this at the very bottom. It is highlighted in gray on my computer in very small letters. If you click on terms and agreements you will find a lot of info.
    I hope this helps.
  • eku0
    Thanks, Jo. Lucky me...the tooth will be saved. Cleaned it out and took out the nerve today. Such fun. :o Back on the 28th to finish. Then will go to regular dentist for a crown. (I will be a queen). :wink:
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    I just :smiley: posted more humor, Poor cat got caught with it's paw in the Cookie jar so to speak :wink:

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 20 degrees. Our first chance of precipitation is Friday night through Saturday with a drenching rain Saturday morning. The sky was nice and clear so I expect it to warm up fairly quickly to around 40 degrees.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/webkit-vulnerability-affects-latest-versions-of-apple-safari/
    WebKit Vulnerability Affects Latest Versions of Apple Safari
    A researcher published exploit code for a vulnerability in WebKit, the web browser engine that powers Apple's Safari, along with other apps on macOS, iOS, and Linux.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/12/08/manarrested-protestingat-breakfast-santa-event-cleburne-church
    'Don't mess with Santa': Man protesting Santa at Cleburne church arrested on trespassing charge

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article222842940.html
    SC man goes on Christmas decoration burning spree, police say

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/9/dr-thomas-macphail-deland-animal-hospital-veterina/
    Veterinarian sues dog owner over negative Yelp review

https://apnews.com/2093aed062e2450ea0cb6c1032b60766
    US to shut down Idaho nuclear waste processing project

This doesn't seem to make the news here in the USA
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/746953/south-africa-land-reforms-white-farmers-constitution-changed-cyril-ramaphosa
    ‘Your time is up’ South Africa sets date for white farmer land grabs – March 2019
    SOUTH Africa has set a date for when its much-criticised land expropriations can begin after a politician declared: “Your time is up, white people”.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, on our walk this morning we found 2 cents . We walked about 45 minutes and then I did 25 minutes on the treadmill now if I could get my eating under control take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    As usual I found no money and did spend some for coffee so another day starts.

Since they were still installing the kitchen floor we both ended up with Chinese Takeout, I would have been much better off if I had stuck with only the Small Pork Broccoli and no Rice which was my original plan or with the addition of Chicken wings, Unfortunately the Hungry Demon in my head added French Fries to the Wings which meant 3 complete wings versus the Four for a order of wings only, then to add insult to injury I added Pork Egg Rolls. At that I did better than my Brother who went for the Beef Broccoli Lunch Special which comes with lots of fried rice and his choice which was egg drop soup. Followed or maybe preceded by shrimp and french fries, the shrimp being 15 small shrimp and Shrimp Toast so it looks like I win compared to his lunch. I did skip Dinner because I ate so much :( or maybe I should :blush:

Good Luck, as You can see getting the food demon under control is not easy as both myself and my brother can attest.

Congratulations on Your find.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Roger, I use crystallized ginger in the cookie recipe. They are good, not too sweet.
    Irene, I feel the same about getting my eating under control! This time of year is so hard, and extra parties this year for me.
    Jo, thanks for the info. on the metabolism boosters.
    The party was nice yesterday.
    I have a massage and the endodontist scheduled for today. Yay for the massage. Wish me luck at the endodontist...hoping to save my tooth.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    The Crystallized Ginger is OK, it is the grated root that I find off putting. My Brother eats them like a candy :smiley:

As I see it this time of year it is nigh unto impossible to stay consistently on a diet plan:(

Massage seems as if it is one of Your happy places...
    Thanks, Jo. Lucky me...the tooth will be saved. Cleaned it out and took out the nerve today. Such fun. :o Back on the 28th to finish. Then will go to regular dentist for a crown. (I will be a queen). :wink:
    Congratulations on the good news with the tooth, a much better outcome than losing it. I suspect that it was a somewhat painful procedure. I am not happy with the pain when the Dentist jabs me with the needle that injects the numbing agent.

As You alluded to, Every Queen needs a Crown :wink:
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning;
    Vix-good luck at the dentist.
    Irene-congrats on finding money. I have not found any in a few weeks.
    Roger-I will try and copy and paste the info for you.
    I took Sophie to the vet this morning. She has another lump on her tail, so she is back on the antifungal medicine. They have no idea what is causing this. The only thing I can think of is that she needs to be on the meds for a while after the lump goes away to make sure it is all out of her system.
    Have a great day!
    Hi Joanne
    I'm sorry to hear about Sophie, I can't believe they have no idea why, so strange.

I would have thought that using up all the meds would be the norm ?
    Roger- It is very long so I copied the paragraph that I think applies.
    You may switch your plan selection at any time. Pricing and promotions will be adjusted according to the new plan you select. You can change your delivery schedule and your product selections on any order. You may do so by 6:00 p.m. ET the day before your order is scheduled to begin processing; otherwise we will be unable to make any changes for that order. Your auto-delivery payment is held by your banking institution the day before your order is scheduled to begin processing, and is subsequently paid to Nutrisystem when your order is shipped.
    If you go into your NS account, I found this at the very bottom. It is highlighted in gray on my computer in very small letters. If you click on terms and agreements you will find a lot of info.
    I hope this helps.
    Yes that helps and with the info You provided I was able to find it at the bottom of the page. I shall have to call. I could do with saving some money in January, between Car insurance and Property taxes it is a expensive month.

Many Thanks for Your help
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we went for 1 hour and 16 minutes it was chilly but we all bundled up even Annie had her coat on. I did get on the treadmill and did 26 minutes my steps are11,739 so I am happy. Jo I am sorry Sophie is having problems we worry so much about them. Vix great news about your tooth. Roger when I get Chinese I get steam chicken and veggies and brown rice but I find myself putting a lot of the sauce .well take care everyone
  • eku0
    Hello.
    Busy day today for me, stained glass and clay, trying to finish up some holiday projects.
    I hope the meds work for Sophie this time, Jo.
    Irene and Roger, good work on all the walking.
  • RogerToo
    I will be posting more humor shortly, it is ready I just try not to post things to close together

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 32 degrees. I did see three Deer while walking, one running down the road and a little later two running across the road.

I think I will make it to the Bank later today and refill my depleted Billfold then on to the Shoprite for a Gift Card and the savings buying there VS the QuickChek where they charge a fee will more than pay for the wear and tear and fuel. On the way I will likely buy some Exxon gas and fill the tank since regular cash price is currently showing as $2.35 a gallon, This will be my last fill up for 2018 :wink: Now all I need to do is avoid temptation, like that will happen :(

My brother and I both got the notice from SSI showing the change in amount for 2019, it looks like we both get something in the upper $40s, much better than the last couple of years where the increase was eaten up by the increase in Medicare.

No Surprise that NJ in the list.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/judicial-hellholes-2018-where-lawyers-tv-ads-cause-patients-to-stop-taking-their-drugs
    Judicial Hellholes 2018: Where lawyers' TV ads cause patients to stop taking their drugs
    The American Tort Reform Foundation issued its annual Judicial Hellholes report this week, identifying courts or legislatures in California, Florida, New York, Missouri, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Illinois, and Minnesota among the nation’s “most unfair” in their handling of civil litigation.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/12/10/radio-station-yields-to-listeners-demands-returns-baby-its-cold-outside-to-playlist/
    Radio Station Yields To Listeners’ Demands; Returns ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ To Playlist

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/voyager-2-probe-moves-into-interstellar-space/
    Voyager 2 probe moves into interstellar space

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/12/11/jimmy-dean-sausage-recall/
    Recall Issued For 30K Pounds Of Jimmy Dean Sausages After Metal Pieces Found In Food

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/dec/10/tread-softly-because-you-tread-on-23bn-tonnes-of-micro-organisms
    Scientists identify vast underground ecosystem containing billions of micro-organisms

https://www.studyfinds.org/eighty-percent-lie-doctors-about-health-study-reveals-why/
    Study: 8 In 10 Adults Lie To Their Doctors About Their Health

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger