Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    When I went out walking this morning the weather was OK, Everything was wet from the rain, however the rain was gone and the temperatures were mild for February too. I was showing 50 degrees on the front porch when I left around 7:30. Tomorrow the weather is forecast to be colder with either wet snow or rain in the morning :(

The Walking is much easier with much of the snow melted off of the sidewalks, Yea!

I tried what was suggested with the NS Frozen Bacon Egg Cheese Muffin and microwaved it to defrost it, Then put the Muffin in the toaster, Microwaved the Egg and Canadian style bacon, Placed the cheese on the muffin after it came out of the toaster. Much better textures that way. Thank You to the person who suggested doing it that way.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Really rainy today....no plans, but would like to get out for a while.
    Jo, hope you're feeling better, and the antibiotics are doing their job.
    Hope everyone's having a good day.
    Jo, there are actually 2 different pneumonia vaccinations.
    If you get the Prevnar 13 vaccination first, you can can the pneumovax 8 weeks later.
    If you get the pneumovax first you have to wait a year before you can get the Prevnar 13.
    I think it depends on the type of antibiotic whether you take them with food or not ,
    you might want to look it up by name, especially if it's making you nauseous. Hope you start feeling better.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
    Good morning! Guess it's warmer in NJ this morning. :)
    It's 42 here, going up to 46 today and very cloudy.
    I am of to something fun...painting class this morning.
    Chiropractor this afternoon. ha, not sure if that is fun, but may be helpful. :)
    Hope everyone has a good day....keep smiling. :)

Hi Vix
    We seem to be doing better for warmth than You are despite being further south.

It seems to be turning into a nice day, Fog in the area Yesterday and some this morning. However I believe the Sun will
    be shining shortly as it is getting brighter outside.

Have fun Painting and I hope The Chiropractor visit helps
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    It just started to rain here. I feel a little better today, not as much coughing. The antibiotics make me feel a little nauseous.
    The dr. said take with food, the pharmacist said take on an empty stomach and no dairy. I miss my yogurt. :'(
    Irene-I would talk with HR and get as much info as you can.
    Roger- Thanks for the review of the Atkins. I don't usually buy frozen dinners because of the sodium count.
    Vix-I will definitely get the pneumonia shot in the future. I will ask when I see the dr. on my next appt.
    I got a call from NS, my first shipment of frozen will arrive in 3 days.
    Roger-Do they always call and let you know?
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Given that You got conflicting advice My next stop would be the Antibiotic makers website to see how they
    say to take it or if the pharmacy put the information packet in with it, read that.

It seems that any regular prepared foods are loaded with sodium.

As regards the frozen delivery I usually get a phone call around 9Am that my frozen has shipped.
    In my case that usually means the same day as I am in the next state from the frozen warehouse.

Enjoy the frozen, it is very good with a few exceptions that are just to hot for my taste buds.
    Roger
    good morning, well another one of my friends got a written yesterday
    she was so upset not too much we can really do we don't have a union i haven't talked to hr yet
    just not sure if i need to well need to go to work .Jo hope you are feeling better ,
    Vix I know you probably have some fun thing to do today.
    Roger it was like 50 when we walked really nice.

Hi Irene
    It sounds as if they want to get rid of people that have been there a while now that the holiday rush is over.
    I guess being the 5th richest person is not enough for the Amazon owner.

From what You are seeing I would use any personal, vacation days.
    I would and start looking for a new job to get ahead of the rush.
    FWIW I have been in Your position twice now. Once when my last job looked like it was going to go away from lack of work.
    Then being told It would be closing at a indeterminate point in time depending on if/when they could get out of the lease.
    Prior to that the job I was working there I knew it was moving out of state for a or 2 years. I could have followed or
    just stay to the end and get a bonus for doing so. I stayed and was out of work for a few months.

I agree, really nice outside when I walked, light gloves and only a hoodie needed.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    I am still feeling under the weather. I went for my CT scan of my kidney today and then come home and spent the rest of the day on the couch. I feel like a pin cushion, they could not find a vein for the IV. I am still feeling nauseous. I think I will take a dramamine to see if that helps.
    Very warm today and later on tonight we are supposed to get snow. There is a winter storm warning in our area.
    Irene-I would go and talk to management and see if they will tell you anything. It can be very nerve wracking not knowing what to expect.
    Roger-I am glad you liked the breakfast muffin. I got my frozen today. I can't wait to try some of it, probably not today because I do not feel much like eating. Nausea is one of the side effects of the medicine. I have been eating crackers, it helps a little.
    Vix-hope the Chiro was helpful and that you had fun painting.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    edited February 2016
    Roger, it was pretty gray here all day, and only got up to about 45, but the sunset was absolutely fabulous! :)
    Irene...I think I agree with Roger on the job thing. I had some pretty awful managers when I worked....when things got really bad, I started putting in lots of job applications in hopes of finding something better.
    Jo, sorry you're still not feeling well. Hope the CT scan results are good. That happened when I went for the surgery on my ankle....they tried to put the IV in my forearm, which didn't work at all, veins kept shifting out of the way. But they did fine just putting it in the back of my hand. Those veins are right out there as I've gotten older. The inside crease of my elbows are also easy. Hope the dramamine helped. You may also want to try some tea.
    It looks like it's your turn for a storm....hope it's not too bad...be careful out there.
    I always have fun painting....they liked my golden pond picture. I think my chiropractor has also given up on anything other than just making me feel temporarily a little better. Nothing seems to last very long....oh, well.
  • eku0
    This is a photo of my latest painting (there's some glare).
    d60f8371554d44c976814e62020e5a1ffdea.jpg
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning , we cut our walk short today it was raining and then it turned in to snow I still got 4000 steps in hopefully today I will get more in. My plans for today is pretty nice I just need to go to shope rite for food and then just some house work so I should enjoy my day. As far as work they just hired 90 new managers straight out of school not sure how this is going to work . It is really hard to make rate so we shall see.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Good luck, Irene. Enjoy your day off. :)
    Went to zumba this morning....it was snow flurrying, but it looks like the sun is coming out now. Have some errands to run, but the rest of the day should be pretty easy.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I think I went nuts this morning :)
    Currently it is snowing, started around 6AM, I got fully dressed in rain gear and Insulated Shoe replacement boots and went out walking around 7:15. I will say that the walking was not bad due to staying on a route where the sidewalks had been cleaned and dry from the previous snow. 8200+ steps I was back home around 9:10. My guess that the walking would be good with traction from the snow was proven correct :)

Later on when the snow stops and the town has plowed my street, back out shoveling :(
    I did see them plowing as I was nearing the house. They do the streets that get more traffic such as that street first.

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    I am still feeling under the weather. I went for my CT scan of my kidney today and then come home and spent the rest of the day on the couch. I feel like a pin cushion, they could not find a vein for the IV. I am still feeling nauseous. I think I will take a dramamine to see if that helps.
    Very warm today and later on tonight we are supposed to get snow. There is a winter storm warning in our area.
    Irene-I would go and talk to management and see if they will tell you anything. It can be very nerve wracking not knowing what to expect.
    Roger-I am glad you liked the breakfast muffin. I got my frozen today. I can't wait to try some of it, probably not today because I do not feel much like eating. Nausea is one of the side effects of the medicine. I have been eating crackers, it helps a little.
    Vix-hope the Chiro was helpful and that you had fun painting.

Hi Joanne
    I believe I am lucky that good veins run in the family.

I had a 115grams of Banana before I walked, I was curious so I weighed it peeled.
    I had the Cinnamon Roll as part of my breakfast today, As well as a NS Strawberry Protein shake of which I have a few left that I am hoarding as they seem to have discontinued that flavor. I think I will some Apple & Cinnamon Quaker Oats instant Oatmeal before I go shoveling for my Noon Snack today. The Hot food should be nice before going outdoors.

I hope You get over the Nausea quickly.

Good Luck with Your Snow, Ours is not to bad
    Roger
    Roger, it was pretty gray here all day, and only got up to about 45, but the sunset was absolutely fabulous! :)
    Irene...I think I agree with Roger on the job thing. I had some pretty awful managers when I worked....when things got really bad, I started putting in lots of job applications in hopes of finding something better.
    Jo, sorry you're still not feeling well. Hope the CT scan results are good. That happened when I went for the surgery on my ankle....they tried to put the IV in my forearm, which didn't work at all, veins kept shifting out of the way. But they did fine just putting it in the back of my hand. Those veins are right out there as I've gotten older. The inside crease of my elbows are also easy. Hope the dramamine helped. You may also want to try some tea.
    It looks like it's your turn for a storm....hope it's not too bad...be careful out there.
    I always have fun painting....they liked my golden pond picture. I think my chiropractor has also given up on anything other than just making me feel temporarily a little better. Nothing seems to last very long....oh, well.
    This is a photo of my latest painting (there's some glare).
    d60f8371554d44c976814e62020e5a1ffdea.jpg

Hi Vix
    It really is not to bad outside currently, yesterday was naturally better with no snow :)

What a Nice looking painting!

I do good to draw a stick figure :)

I think the hospitals like the back of the hand TBH.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning , we cut our walk short today it was raining and then it turned in to snow I still got 4000 steps in hopefully today I will get more in. My plans for today is pretty nice I just need to go to shope rite for food and then just some house work so I should enjoy my day. As far as work they just hired 90 new managers straight out of school not sure how this is going to work . It is really hard to make rate so we shall see.

Hi Irene
    It seems I was lucky that I only had wet snow that gave good traction. I still wore the complete frogg toggs rainwear outfit, jacket w/hood and pants along with insulated Shoe replacement boots that have Nice leather ankle supports attached to the Rubber waterproof bottom half. They keep me warm and dry. That sounds like part of the problem at work, newly trained managers, they haven't had the by the book etc edges rubbed off yet.

I like the Acme for somethings as it is not nearly as busy as the ShopRite. The ShopRite is cheaper of course but You end up parked a ways out and they are jammed inside to some days.

Good Luck at Work
    Roger
  • eku0
    Thanks, Roger....have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Thanks, Roger....have a great day. :)

Hi Vix
    That is my goal for the rest of the day. Luckily the snow is clearing a lot of itself off of things, One of the Sidewalks and some of the driveway.

Enjoy Your Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Still snowing here. It is a heavy snow. Some of the tree branches are touching the ground. The roads a icy under the snow. I followed a plow most of the way home from work.
    Vix-what a lovely picture. :) The dramamine worked great.
    Roger-I had the waffles with I can't believe its not butter spray for breakfast. They were very good. For Lunch I had the pepperoni pizza melt. I microwaved it this morning and ate it cold for lunch. It was good. I will get both of these again.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    Stay safe, Jo. Sounds like a rough drive home.
    Roger, hope you had a relaxing day.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I am delaying my walk this morning as I want to stop by the bank and it does not open until 9AM. So Dunkin Donuts for a refill coffee, and stop at the bank later. Out the door around 8AM.

10 +/- degrees colder than yesterday at this time. Colder air in the forecast for next week and a probability of Snow Monday, maybe Tuesday and several other days in the week showing in the 7 day forecast :(

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Still snowing here. It is a heavy snow. Some of the tree branches are touching the ground. The roads a icy under the snow. I followed a plow most of the way home from work.
    Vix-what a lovely picture. :) The dramamine worked great.
    Roger-I had the waffles with I can't believe its not butter spray for breakfast. They were very good. For Lunch I had the pepperoni pizza melt. I microwaved it this morning and ate it cold for lunch. It was good. I will get both of these again.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Luckily our snow ended before noon and then it started disappearing due to rising temperatures. Once the Snow ended we had large clumps falling off of wires and trees for a while. We did shovel off the cars onto the driveway and then off to the side and the sidewalk to the street. The other sidewalk cleared itself :) What a wet heavy snow too. We also cleared some of the old remaining snow further back onto the patio to make room to throw Mondays upcoming snow from the driveway.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Stay safe, Jo. Sounds like a rough drive home.
    Roger, hope you had a relaxing day.

Hi Vix
    Overall it was not a bad day I walked, and later we shoveled and then popped over to a Different grocery store to check out the prices and selection. We picked up produce there and that eliminated the need to go to the produce store.

Enjoy Your Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    It's frosty out this morning, but the sun is shining. Luckily we didn't get more than snow flurries...there is some in the forecast for the upcoming week.
    No specific plans for today. Maybe I'll start organizing my new cabinet. :)
    Happy Saturday. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back :)
    Out the door around 8AM and back home at 9:30, 7000+ steps and 1 Penny today along with a Dime yesterday, Yea I'm getting rich walking :)

I just finished Breakfast, NS Pancakes & a NS Coffee Protein Shake as well as the 106gram Banana before I went for the walk. Probably a Quaker Oats Banana Bread flavor Instant Oatmeal @160 calories. Followed by a PF of CostCo Kirkland brand Canned Turkey as a PF and
    either a SC of Kirkland Canned Corn that is close to its use by date or an Apple as the SC and a Steak & Cheese melt for Lunch and of course Vegetables :)

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Good morning!
    It's frosty out this morning, but the sun is shining. Luckily we didn't get more than snow flurries...there is some in the forecast for the upcoming week.
    No specific plans for today. Maybe I'll start organizing my new cabinet. :)
    Happy Saturday. :)

Hi Vix
    I think what I would like to have next is a 1/2 height or full height file cabinet or two 1/2 height file cabinets then put a wooden top across them to make a desk and that way get dual use of the floor space. I think I could get a nice decorative counter top to use that way. Dual file cabinets would give me both space for records and drawers to keep things for a desk in :)

The upcoming week looks sort of grim IMO. Colder with temperatures in the teens and snow for several days. We had 1 to 2 inches as near as I can tell. It was pretty much gone by Noontime :)

Have a Nice day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    d morning, went for a nice walk with Annie only got in 6000 steps but it is still early and I am half way with my steps on the weekends I take it easy not too worried about the steps. So on this coming Monday I will go and talk to hr and see what they say I am a good worker and should not be treated like this but I am not the only one being treated this way I just want to know what is up.Well on our walk this morning I have found 1dime and 2 pennys take care
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Chilly out this morning (21F) but supposed to be going up to 48F today. Sun is shining.
    Good luck at work, Irene. They should tell you what's going on, good for you for standing up for yourself.
    Roger, that would give you a lot of space, and that way you could put a nice big desktop on.
    I originally wanted storage cubes about waist high, but the ones that are readily available are so poorly/cheaply made that I didn't want to take the chance of them falling apart. The cabinet I ended up with is really nice. It's about 40 inches wide, just over 12 inches deep and about 6 feet tall with sliding glass doors on front. I can put those fabric storage cubes in there if I want (for my supplies that would look messy). I filled the bottom shelves with books yesterday.
    Jo, hope you're feeling better, and your chest is clearing up.
    Happy Sunday! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we had our walk this morning I found 2 cents so I am richer today. I belong to a blog that has people from amazon and they are all complaining about what is going on I think they are just getting rid of a lot of good people I am just not sure of what to make of it. Jo how are you feeling? I hope you are feeling better. well I need to start getting all my tax papers in order on the 19 th I have an apt with the tax guy well ya have a nice day vix love the picture
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today + 7 cents. I seem to be making covering the same distance in fewer steps and a little quicker than I was last year. I guess that's progress :) There were several people out walking the Dog or Jogging today, more than I usually see.

It was a little cold when I left, It did warm up OK as the walk progressed however. They are still saying some snow Tomorrow arriving around 5Am and maybe more from a different system Monday night into Tuesday :(

I was just looking at my food on hand and thinking I am heavy on Breakfasts, Lunches and Snacks. Not quite so much on Dinners. I had delayed my next order by two weeks, I am now thinking that I may delay even longer. My best guess is based on this reply last year from NutriSystem
    "Here is how we make substitutions for our foods with the Day Off Guide:
    Breakfast Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Lunch Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Dinner Entree = 2 PF + 1 SC
    Dessert = 1 SC"

Thus It seems I could use Lunches or Breakfasts as Dinners by adding a PF easily and get my meals into balance that way. I have also noticed that the Breakfasts seem to be lower calorie overall compared to Lunches.

BTW I was listening to the Shadow on my walk today. Shows advertising the Red Cross from less than a year after the war in Europe ended. I know that as they mention that a year ago today there was fighting in the streets of Cologne

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    d morning, went for a nice walk with Annie only got in 6000 steps but it is still early and I am half way with my steps on the weekends I take it easy not too worried about the steps. So on this coming Monday I will go and talk to hr and see what they say I am a good worker and should not be treated like this but I am not the only one being treated this way I just want to know what is up.Well on our walk this morning I have found 1dime and 2 pennys take care
    good morning, we had our walk this morning I found 2 cents so I am richer today. I belong to a blog that has people from amazon and they are all complaining about what is going on I think they are just getting rid of a lot of good people I am just not sure of what to make of it. Jo how are you feeling? I hope you are feeling better. well I need to start getting all my tax papers in order on the 19 th I have an apt with the tax guy well ya have a nice day vix love the picture

Hi Irene
    You are running ahead of me on finding money once again. Interestingly enough I was almost finished with my walk before I found the money today. 6 cents was down around the corner and 1 Cent was on the block where I live on my way back home. Yesterday evenings find was two blocks from home laying in a cross street.

I do have all my tax documents now to make the appointment so my Brother and I can get them done.

Good Luck at work.
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Chilly out this morning (21F) but supposed to be going up to 48F today. Sun is shining.
    Good luck at work, Irene. They should tell you what's going on, good for you for standing up for yourself.
    Roger, that would give you a lot of space, and that way you could put a nice big desktop on.
    I originally wanted storage cubes about waist high, but the ones that are readily available are so poorly/cheaply made that I didn't want to take the chance of them falling apart. The cabinet I ended up with is really nice. It's about 40 inches wide, just over 12 inches deep and about 6 feet tall with sliding glass doors on front. I can put those fabric storage cubes in there if I want (for my supplies that would look messy). I filled the bottom shelves with books yesterday.
    Jo, hope you're feeling better, and your chest is clearing up.
    Happy Sunday! :)

Hi Vix
    It was somewhat chilly here too. Are You supposed to get the same snow as I am?

I have to figure out where I would put them and how to get them home from Staples, probably staples anyway. For a fair sized car inside the Buick Century door openings could be larger. That is why I bought the 42" TV online so it could be delivered. It seems to have a lot lower energy draw than my old 32" Non Led HDTV and is a lot lighter too.

It might pay to replace the old Sony Trinitron in the Living room to save energy, I just wonder what the Break even time period would be. I need to look at the back of the Sony and get the current/wattage from it and run the numbers.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited February 2016
    Our forecast is for Monday p.m. rain/snow showers 40% chance, Tuesday 3-5" of snow 90% chance. Hmmmm...that would probably cancel clay co-op on Tuesday. fooey.
    How's your trunk size? Could you fit one in the trunk and one in the back seat...or maybe on the front seat?
    We're lucky. Hubs has a pickup. I think it's just short of 6 feet long, but most furniture will fit back there. Our problem is getting it from the truck into the house! (I have great kids who usually volunteer to help/do it for us). :)