Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 26 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 71% chance of rain.

We got a little thunder and rain yesterday, and I think overnight as the bushes were quite wet this morning when I was scattering grapes under the hedge row for the birds and chipmunks. I didn't buy the grapes with that purpose in mind, but we just didn't find them appealing so I decided to give them to the wild critters.

I never had duck eggs do they taste the same as chicken eggs?

Duck eggs have a somewhat stronger taste than chicken eggs, but not egregiously so and I don't really notice much difference. They are bigger, of course. If used in something like an omelet, with lots of fillings, I doubt most people would really notice the difference. And they might not notice even if they are just scrambled.

We haven't eaten them yet. Maybe for lunch or dinner today.

No laundry to do today, so nothing critical on the agenda. I got my shopping done yesterday, unless I need to run out to get something else today. That could happen!

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 23 (C) cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 33 and 21% chance of precipitation.

Doesn't sound like too horrible a day, but awfully hot.

Breakfast was biscuits with sausage gravy.

Some stuff came up over the weekend to look into at work this morning. Nothing too critical.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning all
    Irene, it's very hot here too. Hope George is feeling better soon.
    Ed, I can't remember ever having duck eggs either, don't think I'd like a stronger taste. Nice of you to share your grapes with the wildlife.
    Hi Jo.
    I'm back from my morning walk. Decided to go right after a glass of water this a.m. It's already 74F, 23C. A mix of clouds and sun expected today. Hot and humid. High 96F,36C.🥵 Winds light and variable.
    I have a rheumatologist appt this morning, pretty much free after that.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. Stay cool.🌤️🌻🌼🕊️😎🌟
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good morning,
    Ed thanks for the info on the duck eggs ,I really don't eat that many eggs not brave enough to eat duck eggs.
    It is very hot here we went for a short walk,
    HI Vix and Jo
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    Android Malware Apps

You may not think too much about downloading an app onto your phone. Apps are widely available and can make navigating a website from your phone much easier. However, many people may not realize that they can also be used by cybercriminals to steal your information. In this week’s scam, cybercriminals are targeting Android devices with malicious apps. The apps include a fake Google Chrome app and a fake sports streaming app called 4K Sports.

If you download these apps, malware will be installed on your phone. Cybercriminals design this malware to allow them to access your phone without you knowing about it. This malware can record what you type into your phone or allow cybercriminals to control your phone remotely. It can even access your phone contacts and send them text messages. The texts contain links to web pages with malicious apps available for download, allowing the malware to continue to spread.

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to a malicious app scam:

Only download apps from official and trusted sources like the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. Avoid downloading apps from third-party websites or links sent via text or email.

Read reviews and do research before downloading any app, especially lesser-known ones.
    Don't click on suspicious links in unexpected text messages or emails, even if they appear to come from someone you know.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.
  • parityanimal
    edited July 9
    Well, we ate the duck eggs yesterday for lunch, scrambled. There wasn't enough difference in taste to bother anyone, and if it was different at all, wasn't much.

We enjoyed the lunch. I won't get duck eggs often, despite the flavor being pretty much the same, simply because they are rather expensive, with it being $4.99 for half a dozen fresh duck eggs.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    It is going to be a steamy today. I am going back to work this morning, so I will see how hot
    it is when I get home before I decide to go for my walk. I went early yesterday and it wasn't so bad.
    Ed-glad you are on the mend and able to eat more solid foods. My son and daughter-in-law are both vegan, so I know the challenge of eating out and finding something that they will eat.
    Irene-I hope George is feeling better.
    Vix-walking in the early morning in this weather is best. The air quality is not going to be good today.
    Have a good day and stay cool. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 23 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 34 and 37% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers.

For the moment, the humididy isn't quite as awful as it's been the last few days but I doubt that will last.

I ate pizza for dinner last night! And for breakfast this morning.

We'll see what's hot on tho work agenda this morning.

• eku0
    edited July 9
    good morning all
    Irene, enjoy that pool!
    Jo, I guess your visit is over, I hope it was wonderful. Skipping the walk this morning, have to get ready for craft day.
    Ed, seems like you're back to regular food, Yay!
    It's currently 75F,24C. Some sun this morning with increasing clouds this afternoon. Hot and humid. High 97F, 36C. 🥵 Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fine day, stay cool. 🌤️🌻🌼🕊️😎
  • IreneMurman
    hi all,
    getting ready for an eye appointment
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 23 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 32 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Looks like it might be an interesting work day.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, good luck with your eye appt.
    Ed, I hope you have an interesting day.
    Hi Jo.
    It was already 78F, 26C, when I went for a walk at 7a.m. this morning. Mixed clouds and sun this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Hot and humid. High near 95F, 35C. 🥵Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Getting daily heat advisories!
    Need to go over and water my daughter's plants today, nothing else out of routine on the agenda.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day. Stay cool and healthy. 😎🌼🌻🌤️🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 20 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 32 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Another pretty hot day.

Last night I made cottage pie for supper, and as it was four servings, had that for breakfast today as well with two more servings to be enjoyed for other meals.

od4acde0k62k.png

od28ya5f1zn7.png

Dishwasher is running now. Not sure what will be hot on the work agenda.

• eku0
    good morning all
    Ed, your cottage pie looks good. We had some rain last night, that was good.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    I went for a walk around 6:15, much better temperature, 69F, 21C. A mix of clouds and sun expected today. High 89F, 32C. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    I have a massage appt this morning, yay! And my colonoscopy is scheduled for tomorrow, so only clear liquids today. I'll be happy when that's over with.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. Stay cool. 🌤️🌻🌼😎🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon,
    Currently 88 and muggy. We had rain overnight.
    Vix-good luck with the colonoscopy. I think the prep is the worse part.
    Ed-your cottage pie looks yummy.
    Hi Irene.
    I was trying to a grow an onion in a pot. I started it on the windowsill and then put it out on the
    deck. It was coming along nicely, then today some creature dug it out of the pot and ate it.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

• eku0
    good morning all
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    Thanks, Jo. Had to get up at 5a.m. this morning to do the 2nd half of the prep. The pills are better, but still feeling nauseous, etc. Two down, one more 16 oz water to go. 😣🤢 Sorry a critter got your growing onion!
    It's currently 66F, 19C, and raining. Forecast for showers this morning, becoming a steady rain during the afternoon hours. Thunder possible. High 78F, 26C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 90%. A one day reprieve from the excessive heat.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Yay, weekend! ⛈️🌼🌻🕊️☔
  • parityanimal
    edited July 12
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 21 (C) fair (mostly sunny) degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 34 and 2% chance of precipitation. At least the humidity isn't horrible with the heat so far today.

I still have one serving of the cottage pie that will be my lunch today. Supper last night was pick-up from Zaxby's as I didn't feel like cooking.

Breakfast this morning was maple brown sugar oatmeal and a couple of sausage patties.

We'll see what the work day brings.

Good luck with the colonoscopy, Vix!

• IreneMurman
    hi all,
    Ed your cottage pie looks like our gsp pie its so good .
    Vix glad your procedure is over hope everything comes back with good news.
    Jo do you have any idea who eat your onion?
    Today we have rain so no pool time so I went shopping to Boscov's love shopping there always things on sale .I also went to BJ's which is always fun
    hope everyone has a nice afternoon
  • eku0
    Good morning all
    Ed, seems like we're having similar weather. ha, I always expect the south to be hotter.
    Irene, sounds like a nice shopping trip.
    Jo, hi!
    Thanks all, my procedure went well. All clear for another 5 years.
    It's currently 73F, 23C, back from my walk. Mostly cloudy early, then sunshine for the afternoon. High 93F, 34C. Winds light and variable.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend! 😎🌻🌼🕊️🌞
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    we have rain again today so we won't be going in the pool. planning on getting on the treadmill later.
    I did have fun shopping yesterday spent more than I should but it is fine. If I could get my weight under control I would be happy
    Hi Ed Vix and Jo hope you all have a great Saturday