Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    Another day, another walk + 1 cent. It is colder and somewhat breezier this morning. My hands were getting cold too, I should have opened a HotHands warming pack before setting out :( So on the way back I stopped in at the Quick Chek and got a second refill of coffee, 100% Decaf instead of 1/2 regular & 1/2 Decaf like I got on the way out and of course warmer up for the rest of the walk.

I checked for a later update version of the video capture software and that seems to be working better. So now to get going on the captures and then the editing and conversion to DVD. No Sense going to BluRay as the source is VHS.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    It was warmer outside than it was in work. It actually felt good to go outside.
    Roger-I tried the beef and broccoli with orzo last night. It was very bland. I think next time I will add something to boost the flavor. I also tried the chicken and roasted vegetables. I thought it was a little spicy and there was something in it that spoiled the flavor for me. I have one more and will try it again with some add-ins and see if I like it any better. I also tried the chocolate cupcake and the stuffed apple pie. They were both good and I would order again.
    Hi Vix and Irene.

Hi Joanne
    I can live with Bland easier than with too hot. I have 3 of the Beef & Broccoli on my upcoming order, Now I have to decide if I want to adjust that quantity. I also ordered several of the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Frozen dinners, have You tried them yet? I have one more Chicken & Roasted Vegetables to use up and then I will not be reordering it. Too Hot and I did not care for the taste. I had high homes for that one when it was released too.

Is that the Stuffed Apple Pie reformulation in the new packaging? I ask as I loved the old one. The new one they did something to the dough that makes it not as good IMO.

OTOH I do like the new Fudge Bar better than the old one.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    good morning,Vix sorry you are sick hope you feel better we went for our walk it was nice no snow or rain! As far as ns food I have pretty much just staying with the same stuff. I did find 1 cent today well have a great day

Hi Irene
    I do tend to stay with the ones I know I like, however I do try all of their new items. Always hopeful, that's me. You are still ahead of me for found money :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi Jo! Hi Irene and Roger.
    Well, I've suddenly gotten a cold. Going to rheumatologist tomorrow. I wrote a lot of questions down, good thing.
    I finished the vegetable soup that I made the other day, and just had some tea with honey.
    Have a good night everyone....sleep well. :)
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Irene. Just seems to be a little cold. I'm ok. It's cold this morning, 29F, but the sun is shining under clear blue skies. :)
    I kind of miss having the NS food...there was some variety and it was really easy to prepare, but I'm doing ok with mostly unprocessed foods.
    Painting and drawing class this morning, and I have to stop off at the library, then on to the rheumatologist this afternoon, so it'll be a pretty busy day.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I am sorry to hear You are under the weather.
    Get Well Soon.
    Good Luck at the rheumatologist

I am OK with the selection, however I do greet each new addition with muted Joy until I have tried them. For me easy is great.

Have Fun at the Painting and Drawing Class
    Roger

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-sorry you have a cold. Good luck at the rheumatologists.
    Roger-I won't be ordering the chicken and roasted vegetables again. I didn't get to try the old version of the apple pie, so I can't compare them. I did think the crust was a little unusual. Have you tried the frozen pretzel? It was good and I could have eaten more than one.
    Irene-I was getting bored of eating the same stuff, that's why I switched to the plan where I can get frozen and shelf stable foods.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,well I got my final yesterday so it is just a matter of time I can appeal it but not sure if I am going to bother .Went for a nice walk this morning so I got some steps in already have 8223 steps in so I should meet my goal today. This afternoon I go and drop off our tax papers so they can start working on them hopefully I don't owe too much money well hope you all have a great day
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning.
    Sorry Irene. Sometimes it's good to have a new beginning.
    Jo, it's nice that you're getting more variety. I know after a couple of years and weeding out the food I didn't like, there really wasn't that much variety. Although, I seem to end up eating a lot of the same things over and over when my choices are pretty open.
    Roger, the weather's supposed to be pretty nice on the weekend. :)
    My cold is very mild. The doc said it was ok for me to take zinc and echinacea, which usually knock it out for me when it's not severe. :)
    Zumba class today, and I need to take my car in for oil change and tire rotation.
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I was walking again this morning + 13 Cents, One dime and three corroded pennies :)
    It was 10 degrees colder outside than yesterday morning, however it was actually more comfortable with no wind chill today.
    I walked over to the Quick Chek near the Auto repair shop we use and then looped a little further out before returning home. I dropped off a can of Caramel Corn my brother bought from a Boy Scouts Fund Raising drive and a Decent size box of Chocolate candy that was left over from Christmas as two Salt and Vinegar Snack-A-Rounds from NutriSystem than neither of us could eat due to the taste. The Candy is left over as we always have a couple of generic wrapped presents under the tree in case a visitor brings a present, that way we also have one. After a brief discussion we concurred that getting both of the temptations out of the house would be better for losing weight :) Why the Auto Repair Shop? They take good care of us and often do little things with no charge.

Much better weather forecast for the weekend, 50s by day and mid to upper 30s overnight, Yea!

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-sorry you have a cold. Good luck at the rheumatologists.
    Roger-I won't be ordering the chicken and roasted vegetables again. I didn't get to try the old version of the apple pie, so I can't compare them. I did think the crust was a little unusual. Have you tried the frozen pretzel? It was good and I could have eaten more than one.
    Irene-I was getting bored of eating the same stuff, that's why I switched to the plan where I can get frozen and shelf stable foods.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    It was the difference in the crust that made the apple pie less tasty IMO. I wonder if they did it to make it more like a baked pie crust? If so they made it to bready if that makes sense.

Some People like pretzels with mustard, I always liked that type with salt. I did try a spritz of ICBINB and a touch of salt, However in the end I just order several and eat them plain :)

I am thinking of switching to a self created version of a mix of weekends on You own or Dinners on You own for a day or two each week to see how that works. Easy enough to do by adding selected A La Carte foods and delaying the order.

I know I need to loose a bit more, however I do see the light at the end of the tunnel now. My Doctor seems to think I am OK where I am, However the mirror says otherwise :)

To stave off boredom is why I started with the plan that had 10 days of frozen and 18 days of Shelf Stable foods when I signed up. I think that option is off the table now and it is either all SS or unlimited frozen. From what I can see the main reason for the frozen costing more is the extra shipping costs from the packaging to the extra warehouse and the occasional replacing of defrosted frozen defrosted in shipping.

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning,well I got my final yesterday so it is just a matter of time I can appeal it but not sure if I am going to bother .Went for a nice walk this morning so I got some steps in already have 8223 steps in so I should meet my goal today. This afternoon I go and drop off our tax papers so they can start working on them hopefully I don't owe too much money well hope you all have a great day

Hi Irene
    My Brother & I already have our taxes done as of last week. he was afraid he would pay, not so, a refund for both of us.

It was a better morning today to walk compared to yesterday IMO.

From the way it sounds as if Amazon is working to get rid of older, long term workers it makes me wonder if I really want to buy there.

Have a Good Weekend from Roger. A permanent member of the Year long vacation club

Good morning.
    Sorry Irene. Sometimes it's good to have a new beginning.
    Jo, it's nice that you're getting more variety. I know after a couple of years and weeding out the food I didn't like, there really wasn't that much variety. Although, I seem to end up eating a lot of the same things over and over when my choices are pretty open.
    Roger, the weather's supposed to be pretty nice on the weekend. :)
    My cold is very mild. The doc said it was ok for me to take zinc and echinacea, which usually knock it out for me when it's not severe. :)
    Zumba class today, and I need to take my car in for oil change and tire rotation.
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Good news that You can take what You usually take for a cold and even better news that the cold is very mild.

It sounds like You have a busy day.

I find that I like most of their selection well enough and have gone back and retried items I did not like and have added them into my selections. Many of those are Shelf Stable Entrees that I originally dumped off of my selection list.

I do still order certain Frozen things in quantity such as the Frozen pancakes, Waffles and The Delicious Cinnamon Rolls. In Lunches many of the Melts and the Grilled Chicken sandwich and the Hamburger Sandwich. They lend themselves to so many variations in taste that I can make several different sandwiches out of them, including with BBQ or Ketchup or Mayo or Thousand island Salad Dressing.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-sorry to hear this. How long have you been with Amazon? Will they lay you off or just let you go? Will you be able to collect unemployment?
    Roger-The plan I am on now gives you only 24 lunches and 24 dinners, so you can start to flex. I still get 28breakfasts and 28 snacks. I agree with you on the apple pie crust, tastes a little like bread. I also like my pretzels plain.
    Vix-Hope you cold goes away quickly.
    Have a good weekend! :)
  • eku0
    My husband uses one of the tax programs to do our taxes. So we're done too.
    Acorn squash with chicken and vegetables on the menu for tonight.
    My cold is much better already, thanks.
    Got my oil changed, tires rotated, and went to the mall...got new yoga mats, our old ones were falling apart. Still in the 20s here...that's a little chilly for me.
    Have a good evening everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Jo as of today I am with amazon 1 1/2 years. I think I am able to collect before amazon I worked with target for 7 years I always worked so I don't see a problem but if I have to I can always get another job just tired of all the stress this has been job has put me in well getting ready to go for my walk Vix take care of that cold . Roger it is going to hit 60 today so we can have an extra long walk
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Irene, the cold is pretty much gone....zinc and echinacea work wonders for me. :)
    Sorry about all the stress from your job. Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend.
    New pain med is causing me to puff up....up 4 pounds since my low weight on Thursday morning. But my neck is feeling a little better. I'm seeing the doc again on Thursday...I'll straighten it out then unless it gets much worse sooner. I feel like I am always experimenting with myself. Some day will figure out the magic formula. :wink:
    Looks like it's going to be a nice warm day. Have the usual things to do around the house, errands to run. May go to a friends house tonight, I think it's poker night for the men.
    Enjoy the weekend! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was around 20 degrees warmer outside when I left the house to walk + 1 Cent. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice too. The Sun is shining and most of the snow has melted.

One more week to make changes to my upcoming order before it closes to changes at 6PM next Sunday the 28th.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-sorry to hear this. How long have you been with Amazon? Will they lay you off or just let you go? Will you be able to collect unemployment?
    Roger-The plan I am on now gives you only 24 lunches and 24 dinners, so you can start to flex. I still get 28breakfasts and 28 snacks. I agree with you on the apple pie crust, tastes a little like bread. I also like my pretzels plain.
    Vix-Hope you cold goes away quickly.
    Have a good weekend! :)

Hi Joanne
    It sounds as if You are on a plan that gives You one day of lunch and Dinner on Your own each week.

I hope You also have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    My husband uses one of the tax programs to do our taxes. So we're done too.
    Acorn squash with chicken and vegetables on the menu for tonight.
    My cold is much better already, thanks.
    Got my oil changed, tires rotated, and went to the mall...got new yoga mats, our old ones were falling apart. Still in the 20s here...that's a little chilly for me.
    Have a good evening everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I do suggest being cautious with that computer, When I was working I had a customer that had his identity stolen when his computer got infected with a R.A.T. and suddenly he saw things opening and closing that he was not doing. That was when they got a copy of his tax return.

You have been busy with the car and shopping :)
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Irene, the cold is pretty much gone....zinc and echinacea work wonders for me. :)
    Sorry about all the stress from your job. Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend.
    New pain med is causing me to puff up....up 4 pounds since my low weight on Thursday morning. But my neck is feeling a little better. I'm seeing the doc again on Thursday...I'll straighten it out then unless it gets much worse sooner. I feel like I am always experimenting with myself. Some day will figure out the magic formula. :wink:
    Looks like it's going to be a nice warm day. Have the usual things to do around the house, errands to run. May go to a friends house tonight, I think it's poker night for the men.
    Enjoy the weekend! :)

It is good that You know what does work for You when You catch a cold.

Some medicines do seem to cause a weight gain, OTOH when You stop them it should fall off quickly. Sadly there does not seem to be a magic formula :(

I hope You had a nice evening.
    Roger
    good morning, Jo as of today I am with amazon 1 1/2 years. I think I am able to collect before amazon I worked with target for 7 years I always worked so I don't see a problem but if I have to I can always get another job just tired of all the stress this has been job has put me in well getting ready to go for my walk Vix take care of that cold . Roger it is going to hit 60 today so we can have an extra long walk

Hi Irene
    I was out the door at 7:25AM and in the door at 9AM, I covered a extra distance on my route but the steps are still running lower than I expected at 7.4K :(

I liked the weather I dropped a Sweatshirt off of what I usually wear which is a sweatshirt & Hoodie. Then I went from the mittens to gloves too.

I like that way of saying it "Has been job"

Good Luck handling the stress
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    so far today I got in 8,853 I should hit my goal of 1000 today I have been under a lot of stress Tuesday I go for my gel shot for my knee looking forward to it well have a nice evening
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    It is a beautiful day, sun is shining and the temp is 55. I opened a few windows to air out the house. I got out of work at 11:00 today,because I had reached my 40 hours. They are getting very strict about OT. So I came home and cleaned kitchen and bathrooms. I bought new towels for the upstairs bathroom. The bathroom is mostly Ivory and I like to brighten it up with colored towels. I bought a very pretty coral color.
    Irene-Do you have any vacation time? It might be a good idea to use it now.
    Roger-I think we are on the same delivery schedule. I have to go in and remove some of the frozen that I didn't like
    (Chicken and roasted vegetables). Yuk. I usually get bars for lunches, but I am getting tired of them. I really like the frozen melts. I usually heat them in the morning and put them in a sandwich bag and then eat them cold for lunch.
    I don't mind eating them cold. :)
    Vix-have fun tonight. Do you play poker or is it the guys only? I am happy to hear that your cold is better. I still have a slight cough and am always clearing my throat. The doctor gave me a prescription for Flonase. The instructions said it may take a while before I see any results.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    It's just the guys playing poker. The ladies just hang out and gab. :) Hope you're feeling better soon, Jo.
    I didn't do much today, laundry, and I'm going to do the PT exercises now, before we go out.
    Good walking, Irene. I'm sure it'll be great to have your knee feeling better. I agree with Jo...take any vacation time if you have it.
    Have a good evening, everyone.
    Hugs.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Had fun last night gabbing with the girls. :) Was out really late, so will have to catch up on sleep tonight.
    Supposed to go up to the 50s today and rain expected, there's a little sunshine now, but I'm just going to relax with my coffee for a while.
    My son and his GF are going to stop by later. I'm really looking forward to seeing them, it's been a while.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did get out walking and extended my distance somewhat, 8.5K steps, no money :) The Weather is still nice outside, Rain in the forecast to move in by late afternoon or evening into early Monday Morning.

I'll be heading off to the Acme later for the case water that is on sale and to look at the lean Cuisine that is on sale to see if it works On Plan for NS.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    so far today I got in 8,853 I should hit my goal of 1000 today I have been under a lot of stress Tuesday I go for my gel shot for my knee looking forward to it well have a nice evening

Hi Irene
    I know it is hard to not get stressed out by work, however I eventually learned to leave work and thinking about it behind when I closed the door at work can come home.

Good for hitting the 10K
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    It is a beautiful day, sun is shining and the temp is 55. I opened a few windows to air out the house. I got out of work at 11:00 today,because I had reached my 40 hours. They are getting very strict about OT. So I came home and cleaned kitchen and bathrooms. I bought new towels for the upstairs bathroom. The bathroom is mostly Ivory and I like to brighten it up with colored towels. I bought a very pretty coral color.
    Irene-Do you have any vacation time? It might be a good idea to use it now.
    Roger-I think we are on the same delivery schedule. I have to go in and remove some of the frozen that I didn't like
    (Chicken and roasted vegetables). Yuk. I usually get bars for lunches, but I am getting tired of them. I really like the frozen melts. I usually heat them in the morning and put them in a sandwich bag and then eat them cold for lunch.
    I don't mind eating them cold. :)
    Vix-have fun tonight. Do you play poker or is it the guys only? I am happy to hear that your cold is better. I still have a slight cough and am always clearing my throat. The doctor gave me a prescription for Flonase. The instructions said it may take a while before I see any results.
    Enjoy your day! :)

Hi Joanne
    We had beautiful weather for February here too, today slightly cooler but not bad so far.

My Delivery schedule is all over the place as I usually end up extending the date further out due to adding A La Carte items :)

This one is two or three weeks behind where it was originally, I would have moved it even further if I did not want to try the two new frozen Dinner.

I have found that I have Lunch bars that I will either have to freeze or use up before they hit their Use By Date. I find that I like the Melts, and I like some of the lunch cups for variety.

Good Luck shaking that slight cough and clearing of Your throat.
    Roger
    It's just the guys playing poker. The ladies just hang out and gab. :) Hope you're feeling better soon, Jo.
    I didn't do much today, laundry, and I'm going to do the PT exercises now, before we go out.
    Good walking, Irene. I'm sure it'll be great to have your knee feeling better. I agree with Jo...take any vacation time if you have it.
    Have a good evening, everyone.
    Hugs.
    Good morning!
    Had fun last night gabbing with the girls. :) Was out really late, so will have to catch up on sleep tonight.
    Supposed to go up to the 50s today and rain expected, there's a little sunshine now, but I'm just going to relax with my coffee for a while.
    My son and his GF are going to stop by later. I'm really looking forward to seeing them, it's been a while.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It sounds as if You had a pleasant evening if a little late. I find that however much I want to catch up on missed sleep I end up waking up at the same time anyway.

Stay Dry & Enjoy the visit
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-enjoy your visit with your son. :)
    Roger-have you frozen the lunch bars before? If so, did they freeze well?
    It is sunny and 55 right now. I am so enjoy this weather.
    Today is grocery shopping, laundry and a few errands.
    Happy Sunday! :)
  • eku0
    It's already started raining here, a light steady rain.
    Enjoy the sunshine. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    It was fun having my son and his GF over for dinner last night. I really miss them when I don't see them for a few weeks.
    Mostly sunny and up to 50 today....that seems pretty nice.
    Off to yoga in a few.
    Have a great day! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    A nice sunny day.
    I am off today and have no plans as of yet.
    I am doing another blood glucose curve on Vinny, his sugar is out of control again. At one point he was only getting 1/2 unit of insulin, now we are up to 2 units and it is still very high.
    Hi Irene and Roger.
    Have a good day! :)
  • eku0
    Aw, sorry about Vinny, Jo. Enjoy the rest of your day off.
    I have no plans for the rest of the day, but do need a few things over at Walmart, so will probably stop by there. It's really nice out, so a good day to get outside.
    Enjoy. :)