Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning!
    Hope you're feeling better, Irene. Spending time with friends is always a pick-me-up. :)
    Jo, my most recent painting was a cat....we are having a show called All Creatures Great and Small. Animals are hard for me, but I like to try new things. :)
    My infusions only take about 1/2 hour. I always bring a book with me anyway, and the time goes really fast.
    Roger, cooler here today, but at least there's some sunshine....hope you get in a nice walk.
    Zumba class today, and taking my car in for an airbag recall.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was and still is gusty out this morning. Wind chill in the 20s when I left for my walk, Some calm periods and then a gust of wind that You have to either let push You or lean into.
    I'm home from CostCo and my earlier walk, 8200+ steps, 2 Bags of Normandy Mix, French Green Beans, Stir Fry vegetables to try, Yogurt, and Chicken Breast on Skewers 150 calories for 2 skewers to try out and 2 10 packs of Kleenex. I use a lot of them when walking at this time of the years from the cold air.

That makes two weeks + of Greek Yogurt, a month or more of Frozen vegetables and some proteins. Plenty of fruit on hand too. No need to shop for a couple of weeks now :)

More LC reviews coming, Todays is the Chicken Fettuccine and maybe today or tomorrow I will be trying the LC Steak Portobello Dinner for lunch, at 160 calories it should work well and will make a change from the NS lunches.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Lots of rain, thunder and lightening early this morning. By the time I left for work it was only misting and the temp was 60.
    Roger-I think if I tried to eat with a blindfold on, I would end up with food all down the front of me or stab myself with a fork. :)
    Irene-Take it easy for the next few day and hopefully by Monday you will feel better.
    Vix-What are you painting this time? How long does it take to get the infusion?
    I just customized my next order and removed some of the things I didn't like in my first frozen order.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I think You got our weather just later than we did here in NJ from the sound of it.
    Trying to eat with a Blindfold on I would have to have spoonable foods only for the same reason.

Since I delayed my order more after buying all the LC Dinner Entrees on sale which made up where I was short. I will be interested in hearing how You like the new frozen Dinner Entrees if You ordered any. I am still waiting to see if Costco put the Gift cards on sale this year as I have used up the last of mine on the upcoming order :) However I do have over a month & a half before I need more and if need be I can buy them at the regular price and still save $20.01 per hundred dollar face value.

BTW which foods did You no like, I removed all 3 flavors of the Snack-A-Rounds, It was hard to believe that they made it past a taste test before production especially the Salt and Vinegar ones.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning,came home early yesterday my knee was hurting we were standing around for 2 hours on my knee started to really hurt so between my knee and my cold I decided to call it a day I did get a positive feed back on quality so that was nice . I am suppose to go to lunch with a good friend I did warn her of my cold didn't have the heart to cancel on her, it seems every time we plan I have to cancel. I plan on having salmon since we are in lent no meat for me. Well hope everyone has a nice friday
    oh for my ns order they don't have any new stuff except for snacks I will let you know how they are

Hi Irene
    I am doing mini reviews of different Lean Cuisine Entrees at the link below. Most of them will work in place of NS Dinners if You would like a change of tastes.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews

I am sorry that Your knee was bothering You, does that mean that the injection is not working yet?

I did like some of the new Shelf Stable snacks such as the Vanilla Shortbread Cookies, Snickerdoodle Cookies and the Sweet & Salty snack mix.

Enjoy the Lunch

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    Hope you're feeling better, Irene. Spending time with friends is always a pick-me-up. :)
    Jo, my most recent painting was a cat....we are having a show called All Creatures Great and Small. Animals are hard for me, but I like to try new things. :)
    My infusions only take about 1/2 hour. I always bring a book with me anyway, and the time goes really fast.
    Roger, cooler here today, but at least there's some sunshine....hope you get in a nice walk.
    Zumba class today, and taking my car in for an airbag recall.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I find any drawing hard so I think You are doing great.

I bring a book with me anytime I expect to be waiting around too :)

It was below freezing with colder wind chills, however It was actually not to bad when I went walking.

Ah yes, Airbag recalls. I think mine in the Buick are old enough to be before that time they are recalling. My Brother & I are driving 1998 & 1999 cars. TBH My brother has been warned that his Taurus is getting rusted to the point that within a year or two he will need to replace it. He looks at the car commercials and he and I are in agreement, we don't need or want Wifi in a car and no push button start either.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    My car is 14 years old....just hit over 200,000 miles. I guess they figure most of them are gone now. I also found out when I took it in, that they don't charge any more for an oil change than Jiffy Lube, so I'll take it there from now on...just as close, only have to make an appt. instead of wandering in any old time, not a deal breaker for me. The people that work in their service dept. are the nicest I've ever run into at a dealership, so that's pretty cool.
    It's cold and windy here too. Supposed to warm up by Sunday.
    Enjoy the rest of your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    And my 1999 Buick is under 16,000 miles :) I got it really low mileage and do not drive it that much either.

If they are just as cheap why not, Plus You know they should be using the proper Quality Filter & grade of oil.

Stay Warm
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited February 2016
    They ended up giving me a free oil change and new oil filter today too. He called and told me that the oil filter had leaked all over the bottom of the car. Definitely not going back to Jiffy Lube ever.
    Wow! You really don't drive much. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning. Beautiful sunshiny day here.
    I am going to a baby shower later with my daughter and a friend. It's about an hour away, so we're driving together. It should be a lot of fun (our families have known each other since our children were just starting school...they're all so grown up now!). :)
    Enjoy the weekend :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, ended up not going to lunch went to the dr and I have broncitics so I pretty much just canceled all my plans not feeling all that great I did get my ns order I will have to let you know which ones I like well going back to bed take care
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It is not to bad outside despite being cold, Less wind so OK to walk in.

Dinner with my Brother and a Friend at a Chinese Buffet Friday Evening, Where the selection is large and tasty :(
    The Chicken Broccoli was close enough to OP, However the extra Sesame Chicken, General Tso's Chicken, Pizza, Ham Slice and Carrot Cake puts it way off from On Plan.
    Today I am expecting to be back to 100%

Have a Nice Saturday
    Roger
    They ended up giving me a free oil change and new oil filter today too. He called and told me that the oil filter had leaked all over the bottom of the car. Definitely not going back to Jiffy Lube ever.
    Wow! You really don't drive much. :)
    Good morning. Beautiful sunshiny day here.
    I am going to a baby shower later with my daughter and a friend. It's about an hour away, so we're driving together. It should be a lot of fun (our families have known each other since our children were just starting school...they're all so grown up now!). :)
    Enjoy the weekend :)

Hi Vix
    A Lot of the time I do not get out with my car and end up riding with my brother in his car :)

I was out in my Car for CostCo since my brother will not go there, so I went to CostCo and he went to the ShopRite when he let me out. He Picked up some Light & Fit Greek Yogurt Mouse flavors for me. I Pick up anything he might want from the CostCo. The Real Vanilla Extract is pretty cheap there for example.

If I had other family left living in state I would be putting more miles on. However It is not that quick a drive from NJ to washington State or Utah :)

You are lucky that the oil leak did not kill the engine. I have heard of People where the drain plug fell out and the engine seized up from no oil.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning, ended up not going to lunch went to the dr and I have broncitics so I pretty much just canceled all my plans not feeling all that great I did get my ns order I will have to let you know which ones I like well going back to bed take care

Hi Irene
    Take care of Yourself that can cause problems if not taken care of. I am not surprised You cancelled plans. It is amazing how something like a Virus or bacteria can make You feel so weak!

Good Luck getting better quickly
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited February 2016
    Roger, I was lucky, it was only a few days. Nice that you and your brother can share rides and chores, etc. At this point, I would be scared of my physical reaction to a chinese buffet! I have become sensitive to a lot of foods.
    Irene, take good care of yourself. Bronchitis is serious, make sure you get plenty of rest and follow the Dr's orders. Hope you feel better soon. Sorry you had to miss the lunch plans with your friend.
    Hi Jo, hope you're having a good weekend.
    I went to a baby shower today. I was careful with the food, but had a piece of cake. I guess I can't do that anymore...my hands swelled up almost immediately. Bright side is that it's good for dieting...I cannot eat cake!
    Plans were cancelled for tomorrow, so my day is free. Sounds like it may be a good day for a walk outside. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning...beautiful sunshiny day. Happy Sunday! :)
  • IreneMurman
    hi all, Roger I did get the new cookies from NS and they are good. Still feeling crappy hopefully I start feeling better today I have work tomorrow so I want to be able to go .Vix too bad about the cake but you might have a point I also love cake and of course when I get sick I want sweets well take care all
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Another day, another walk, just over 8k steps today. It was below freezing when I went out, however it is supposed to be up to the vicinity of 60 degrees today for a high temperature. Possibility of snow at the end of the upcoming week, hopefully that far out they are wrong.

Another Mini review shortly, the LC Comfort line Grilled Chicken Primavera.

For those that might be interested I just heard from ginnywed in the 100% Challenge message thread that CostCo is putting the NutriSystem Gift cards on sale for $59.99 on March 3, a savings of $40.01 over the $100 face value. Just in the nick of time too as I used up the ones I had left on hand for my upcoming order :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Roger, I was lucky, it was only a few days. Nice that you and your brother can share rides and chores, etc. At this point, I would be scared of my physical reaction to a chinese buffet! I have become sensitive to a lot of foods.
    Irene, take good care of yourself. Bronchitis is serious, make sure you get plenty of rest and follow the Dr's orders. Hope you feel better soon. Sorry you had to miss the lunch plans with your friend.
    Hi Jo, hope you're having a good weekend.
    I went to a baby shower today. I was careful with the food, but had a piece of cake. I guess I can't do that anymore...my hands swelled up almost immediately. Bright side is that it's good for dieting...I cannot eat cake!
    Plans were cancelled for tomorrow, so my day is free. Sounds like it may be a good day for a walk outside. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Regarding the Chinese Buffet, I do need to stay away, not because of any reaction to the food beyond massive water retention and Overeating :)

I suspect something in the icing or filling of the cake. A Homemade cake with homemade butter frosting would probably be OK for You, Possibly a Gluten Free flour if You are allergic to that and real flavors such as a real Vanilla extract not the man made version.

It was Nice enough outside when I went walking this morning so I suspect You should be good to go too.
    Good morning...beautiful sunshiny day. Happy Sunday! :)

Thank You, I hope You have a Happy Sunday Too
    Roger
    hi all, Roger I did get the new cookies from NS and they are good. Still feeling crappy hopefully I start feeling better today I have work tomorrow so I want to be able to go .Vix too bad about the cake but you might have a point I also love cake and of course when I get sick I want sweets well take care all

Hi Irene
    Since You are buying NutriSystem the upcoming sale should be good for You as well as myself. You save an extra $20 off of the already discounted $20.01 CostCo price for the $100 face value on the NS Gift cards. When I worked up the numbers for buying A La Carte from NS it worked out that using the $60 cards on top of the 20% standard Auto Delivery Discount ended up being over 50% off of the displayed price on their website.

I hope You are better tomorrow. I always feel better in the morning when I start getting better.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    It's gorgeous outside, we went for a nice long slow walk in the park. It was muddy, but pretty.
    I can tell the PT really helped. :) I was able to do the whole walk.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-thanks for the info on the NS cards at Costco. I have enough to cover one more order, so this is just in time. :) You asked which foods I didn't like, the chicken and roasted vegetables-to spicy for me.I liked the salt and vinegar snack-a-rounds. I didn't even try the ranch, I don't like ranch dress, so I figured I wouldn't like them.
    I also didn't care for the turkey sausage with peppers. I did like the shortbread cookies, the soft pretzel, the snickerdoodle cookie and the sweet and salty snack mix.
    Irene-I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Did you get antibiotics from the dr.? Does you knee usually hurt after getting the gel shot?
    Vix-Sorry to hear you can't eat cake. I love cake. Yea for the PT. :) I always have a book with me when I know I will have to do any waiting. That was nice of the dealer to give you a free oil change. Was this the first time you went there?
    Yesterday was my daughter's birthday. We took her out to dinner last night. We went to a new Italian restaurant.
    I thought all the food was too salty and the desserts were not that good either. We all had different desserts and we all left half of it. Needless to say we won't be going back there again any time soon.
    Enjoy the day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    hi all, been up sick all night I think it is the antibiotics plan on going right back to bed not sure if I should take the rest or not I only have 2 left .As far as my knee I think it was hurting because we were just standing still on concrete wednesday I go back for my 2 nd shot .
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Irene, get plenty of rest and I hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you're having a rough time of it.
    Jo, happy birthday to your daughter! :) (I love cake too....oh, well).
    I've been to this dealer before, I had a recall last year where they put a trailer hitch on, and another time my lug nuts had seized on the tires, and they fixed that....I also bought new tires there because they had a pretty good deal. I didn't realize that they did reasonable oil changes. I guess they are looking for business. I'm happy because it is pretty convenient for me.
    Roger, looks pretty cloudy here today, but up to the 50s later.
    Off to the gym...yoga.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Irene-I hope you feel better soon. When I was on antibiotics, I had to take dramamine for the nausea. You should definitely finish all the antibiotics, make sure you eat something like crackers when you take them.
    Hubby and I are both off today, we are going to Newport, RI for the day. There is a place called the cliff walk that you can walk along the coast line. We may tour a few of the Mansions there also.
    Vix-thank you for the birthday wishes for my daughter.
    Roger-looks like a nice day for a walk. I found a penny yesterday and a dime a few days before. :)
    Enjoy the day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    When I started out walking it was sunny, very shortly the sky clouded over with dark clouds, However The rain held off, it is now raining outside, I got lucky as with the Sun shining I decided I did not need to bring the Umbrella :)

I went in the grocery store and examined Cereals. The Kellogg's All bran Wheat Flakes have similar Nutrition values for serving size & calories, Fiber, Protein, Fat, Carbohydrates and are a lot cheaper so I am not reordering the NutriFlakes from Nutrisystem.

General Mills Multi Grain Cheerios vs the NS Sweetened O's do not compare quite so good however at a lot cheaper, They could work, especially since I Do have a Banana and a protein shake with the cereal.

I need to look at the stores Granola cereal too. if I can save Money, Why pay more :)

Have a Nice Monday
    Roger
    It's gorgeous outside, we went for a nice long slow walk in the park. It was muddy, but pretty.
    I can tell the PT really helped. :) I was able to do the whole walk.

Hi Vix
    Congratulations on getting out walking and having success with the PT too.
    Good morning.
    Irene, get plenty of rest and I hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you're having a rough time of it.
    Jo, happy birthday to your daughter! :) (I love cake too....oh, well).
    I've been to this dealer before, I had a recall last year where they put a trailer hitch on, and another time my lug nuts had seized on the tires, and they fixed that....I also bought new tires there because they had a pretty good deal. I didn't realize that they did reasonable oil changes. I guess they are looking for business. I'm happy because it is pretty convenient for me.
    Roger, looks pretty cloudy here today, but up to the 50s later.
    Off to the gym...yoga.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

It is supposed to be up to 60 in some areas today :)
    a 20 degree warmer morning than Sunday for the same time when I went out walking.

I love cake, it just doesn't like my waistline :(

Have a Great Week
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-thanks for the info on the NS cards at Costco. I have enough to cover one more order, so this is just in time. :) You asked which foods I didn't like, the chicken and roasted vegetables-to spicy for me.I liked the salt and vinegar snack-a-rounds. I didn't even try the ranch, I don't like ranch dress, so I figured I wouldn't like them.
    I also didn't care for the turkey sausage with peppers. I did like the shortbread cookies, the soft pretzel, the snickerdoodle cookie and the sweet and salty snack mix.
    Irene-I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Did you get antibiotics from the dr.? Does you knee usually hurt after getting the gel shot?
    Vix-Sorry to hear you can't eat cake. I love cake. Yea for the PT. :) I always have a book with me when I know I will have to do any waiting. That was nice of the dealer to give you a free oil change. Was this the first time you went there?
    Yesterday was my daughter's birthday. We took her out to dinner last night. We went to a new Italian restaurant.
    I thought all the food was too salty and the desserts were not that good either. We all had different desserts and we all left half of it. Needless to say we won't be going back there again any time soon.
    Enjoy the day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I did not care for the Sausage & Peppers either, that is the only Chefs meals they kept so someone must like it, they discontinued the one I liked , The Chef's Table™ Cavatelli with Broccoli Pesto and they seem to have brought back the Chef's Table™ Steak Tagliata with out the chefs table name and possibly a reformulation.
    The Chicken & Roasted veges is Ok, A little too spicy but I will be eating the one I have left in the freezer. I did not like the Shelf Stable Meatloaf & Potatoes, before they reformulated it or currently. I have high hopes for the Lean Cuisine version I have in the freezer.

The Salt & Vinegar are the only ones neither I nor my Brother could eat :) Different tastes I see.

I find much of the Restaurant/Diner food to be very salty and only so so these days when I try it, I blame the NutriSystem Diet for curing my taste buds of their addiction to salty foods. I used shake salt all over the already salted Fast Food french Fries for example.

It is a shame Your Daughters Birthday Dinner was not tastier. It does make You wonder if it is the chef or the region of Italy the Foods were cooked as. Sort of like there are many styles of Chinese Food.
    Good morning;
    Irene-I hope you feel better soon. When I was on antibiotics, I had to take dramamine for the nausea. You should definitely finish all the antibiotics, make sure you eat something like crackers when you take them.
    Hubby and I are both off today, we are going to Newport, RI for the day. There is a place called the cliff walk that you can walk along the coast line. We may tour a few of the Mansions there also.
    Vix-thank you for the birthday wishes for my daughter.
    Roger-looks like a nice day for a walk. I found a penny yesterday and a dime a few days before. :)
    Enjoy the day. :)

It was a nice day out as far as temperature goes, dark clouds for most of the walk however.

Enjoy Your DayTrip
    Roger
    hi all, been up sick all night I think it is the antibiotics plan on going right back to bed not sure if I should take the rest or not I only have 2 left .As far as my knee I think it was hurting because we were just standing still on concrete wednesday I go back for my 2 nd shot .

Hi Irene
    You could call the doctor regarding the Antibiotics and see what they say.

I can Sit or walk fine, it is standing still that gets my left knee paining me. It has been that way for years. Hopefully the 2nd shot will finish the job on the knee and bring You back to 100%

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Roger, have you tried the Kashi cereals...I used to eat the Kashi GoLean (plain one, the GoLean Crunch has a lot more sugar and calories)...it's got a lot more protein than most cereals, and is made from whole grains.
    Jo, sounds like a fun day. Enjoy.
    Hope you're feeling better, Irene.