Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, I took my last pill this morning. I am going to try and go to work and see how I feel I need to put in for a vacation day for tomorrow any ways I did walk Annie a little this morning
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning.
    Hope you're feeling better, Irene. Hope all goes well with your injection tomorrow. It looks like it will be a very nice day today.
    THe sun is shining and it's supposed to go up to 60! :)
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    Another Day, Another walk + a Nickel . The weather is still nice and was comfortable for my walk. I did go out for my walk later than usual so I could go by the bank. So I hit the 7-Eleven for my blend of Regular and decaf coffee, then towards the end of the walk the Supermarket and then the bank.

I did go by the Supermarket and picked up some greenish Bananas. They had Yellow Bananas or Green Bananas for the same price $0.39 a pound. I opted for the Green ones as I had already eaten todays Banana and have one more sitting in the refrigerator to keep it from getting to ripe for my taste. I put three of the last bunch in their when they were where I like them and although the skin has turned brown the inside is still nice & firm and tasty so that works for me.

I know that the news today will be a lost cause as it will mostly be talk about Super Tuesday and tomorrow it will be full of pundits dissecting the results.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger AKA RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Roger, have you tried the Kashi cereals...I used to eat the Kashi GoLean (plain one, the GoLean Crunch has a lot more sugar and calories)...it's got a lot more protein than most cereals, and is made from whole grains.
    Jo, sounds like a fun day. Enjoy.
    Hope you're feeling better, Irene.
    Good morning.
    Hope you're feeling better, Irene. Hope all goes well with your injection tomorrow. It looks like it will be a very nice day today.
    The sun is shining and it's supposed to go up to 60! :)
    Have a great day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I did not ever try them, I always liked junk cereals such as Puffed Rice/Puffed Wheat, and Rice Crispies.

Thanks for the feedback, Valerie in another thread has said that CostCo Granola is tasty, And here You are with a different suggestion to keep in mind. What does the Kashi taste like if it can be described that is?

Thank You
    Roger
    good morning, I took my last pill this morning. I am going to try and go to work and see how I feel I need to put in for a vacation day for tomorrow any ways I did walk Annie a little this morning

Hi Irene
    Good Luck at work, I hope You feel OK. Congratulations on going walking today.

Have a Good Day at Work
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I hope you are feeling better.
    Roger-I didn't care for the meatloaf and potatoes either. I do not like meatloaf with tomato sauce on it. I would rather have it plain or with brown gravy.
    Vix-I like the Kashi cereals. I stopped eating them when I joined NS.
    Sunny and 50 degrees here today.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Hiya Jo! :)
    Roger, the plain Kashi GoLean is made up of different little bits of things: twigs and puffs and little crunchie things, it doesn't have extra sweeteners, so is mildly sweet (similar to the sweetness of rice crispies). I usually put vanilla almond milk in it, and it was good, and very filling.
    It's really pretty out today....almost like a Spring day. :) Hope everyone was able to get outside and enjoy it for a while. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I hope you are feeling better.
    Roger-I didn't care for the meatloaf and potatoes either. I do not like meatloaf with tomato sauce on it. I would rather have it plain or with brown gravy.
    Vix-I like the Kashi cereals. I stopped eating them when I joined NS.
    Sunny and 50 degrees here today.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I'll be calling NS later today or tomorrow, I see that their current pricing is less than I am paying. Once My latest order ships I will either get a better price or find out how long I have to drop them to get new customer pricing. I see a decent savings that way. I may also explore to see if they have a free shipping A La Carte only plan that might work.

I have a lean Cuisine meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes Entree in the freezer I want to try too.

As for the Meatloaf & Potatoes, that was the old one that had Tomato Gravy. Here is what the menu description says regarding the current one.
    Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes
    Take your dinnertime enjoyment to new heights with this homestyle classic given a good-for-you spin, featuring perfectly seasoned meatloaf and creamy mashed potatoes topped off with a rich, flavorful brown gravy. It's all the flavor of this favorite dish, in a diet friendly meal you can feel good about.

I still did not like it due to the way the Gravy soaks into the mashed potatoes, You might like it however. I base that on Your liking the Salt & Vinegar Snack-A-Rounds and they are the only dessert I ever dumped into the garbage.

The Kashi GoLean is a little higher in calories at 180 calories per serving vs the NS Granola cereal at 150 calories.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
    Hiya Jo! :)
    Roger, the plain Kashi GoLean is made up of different little bits of things: twigs and puffs and little crunchie things, it doesn't have extra sweeteners, so is mildly sweet (similar to the sweetness of rice crispies). I usually put vanilla almond milk in it, and it was good, and very filling.
    It's really pretty out today....almost like a Spring day. :) Hope everyone was able to get outside and enjoy it for a while. :)

Hi Vix
    I add a Stevia sweetener to my Cereals anyway to get to the sweetness I want so that would be OK.

I never thought of Rice Crispies as sweet FWIW :)

I just went and browsed the Kashi Site and strangely

Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Puffs Cereal is 100 calories a serving and the

Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Flakes Cereal is 170 calories a serving, probably a denser serving?

I use the $1 dollar store 1 quart size of 1% UHT Milk that has approximately a 1 year shelf life until opened than it needs to be refrigerated. It is 100 calories for 8 ounces and since I use 4 ounces with the cereal it is OK. The spare One on the shelf has a 2017 use by date :)

I did enjoy the weather too.

Enjoy Your Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    Roger, if you check....the Kashi serving sizes are larger than the NS serving sizes, so are way more satisfying. Puffed cereal is always less calories because there's a lot of air in them.
    From what I remember, the NS cereals were a half a cup or less. Most of the Kashi serving sizes are at least 3/4 cup. Plus, the GoLean has way more protein than the NS cereals. Haha...I sound like I'm trying to sell the stuff!
    The weather was great today! :)
    Have a nice evening.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, feeling better today ,I am only working 6 hours today because of my shot .Poor George is still sick but doing better. Went for our morning walk but made it a short one because it was really raining but I had my rain coat on so I was pretty dry. I use to eat the go lead it is really good with some blueberries in it. well need to get ready for work
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Irene, glad you're feeling better, hope George feels better soon too. Good luck with your injection today.
    It's sunny, but very windy here this morning. Cooler than it's been too....only supposed to go up to 39 today.
    Off to the gym soon.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was windy out when I left to go walking + 11 cents and the temperature is dropping too. The overnight rain was gone before I left. I could hear it still coming down at 5:30 and it was gone before I started to get ready at 6:30 to go walking.
    The Bananas I picked up yesterday did not look like they would be ripe enough for tomorrow so I stopped and picked up two ripe ones @ $0.39 a pound :)

I will be posting a review in a while of the Lean Cuisine Entree vs the NS version here FWIW
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews for reviews I have done.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Roger, if you check....the Kashi serving sizes are larger than the NS serving sizes, so are way more satisfying. Puffed cereal is always less calories because there's a lot of air in them.
    From what I remember, the NS cereals were a half a cup or less. Most of the Kashi serving sizes are at least 3/4 cup. Plus, the GoLean has way more protein than the NS cereals. Haha...I sound like I'm trying to sell the stuff!
    The weather was great today! :)
    Have a nice evening.
    Good morning.
    Irene, glad you're feeling better, hope George feels better soon too. Good luck with your injection today.
    It's sunny, but very windy here this morning. Cooler than it's been too....only supposed to go up to 39 today.
    Off to the gym soon.

Hi Vix
    If I said I do not use the volume for a serving I use the scale and get a accurate portion that way. What I have noticed is that most cereals including the NS ones seem to have a portion weight of 29 grams. The NS Granola is 28 g and the generic Puffed Rice is 33g, the Kelloggs All bran and the Multi-Grain Cheerios are both 29g.

Thus the puffed cereals are a larger looking serving but in reality as they are the same weight...

I need to look at it when I get to a grocery Store that has it on the shelf, the smaller one I walk past when walking has a couple of flavors, no Go-Lean however.

It was 50 degrees when I left for my walk, Temperatures are forecast to drop throughout the day however, hence my decision to go out early rather than later.

Enjoy the Gym
    Roger
    good morning, feeling better today ,I am only working 6 hours today because of my shot .Poor George is still sick but doing better. Went for our morning walk but made it a short one because it was really raining but I had my rain coat on so I was pretty dry. I use to eat the go lead it is really good with some blueberries in it. well need to get ready for work

Hi Irene
    I am glad to hear that You are feeling better and I am also sorry to hear that George is still sick, I hope he gets better quickly.

I guess You were out earlier than I since the rain was gone when I got up and looked out at 6:30.

Have a Good Day at work
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope George feels better soon.
    Roger-I may have to try the meatloaf with gravy.
    Vix-It was 50 when I got up this morning and just starting to rain. It is now sunny, windy and 41. It feels a lot colder.
    How come work seems to go much smoother when the boss is off? Today was a very productive day and no drama.
    Tomorrow will be a different story. :#
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    Work always goes better when the boss is out....people can joke around a little, relax, and do their jobs without worrying about someone watching their every move or dumping more work on them.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, happy to say George and I are both feeling better, we actually went for our walk this morning so I got 7500 steps in.Went and got my shot yesterday first of all I had to wait an hour before I saw the Dr then when he gave me the shot he hit something he said it was a bone all I know it really hurt and there was a lot of blood but I am ok now just glad I only have 1 more shot to go. Jo I am sorry didn't realize it was your daughters birthday . Happy birthday. Roger good luck with finding the right cereal . Vix what fun thing do you have planned for today?well have a great dayeveryone
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Irene, glad you and George are feeling better. That must have been scary with your knee...but glad you're ok now. Thursday morning is my painting and drawing class...I have to start a new project, theme will be birds and blooms...may try some more flowers. :)
    Also have a chiropractor visit this afternoon. Not really listed under fun things. :wink:
    It's still kind of chilly, only going to high 30s today, maybe 40, but I think it's supposed to warm up over the weekend.
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Heads up, the NutriSystem $59.99 cost for $100 face value sale has started at CostCo.com

Hi
    I was out walking today, Again :) The temperature is 20 degrees colder than yesterday according to News 12 the Local cable only News Channel. It is sunny so far, possible snow later on tonight into Friday, Probably, They still are not sure where or how much, the best guess is 1 to 3 inches depending on where You are in the state. I stopped at the Dollar Store and I did pick up a new quart of milk for the pantry shelf, use by date of February 15, 2017 from the latest delivery as they were out the other day. I also picked up two boxes of Pancakes that should will work for breakfasts, total outlay $3, no sales tax on food. Next NS Delivery ship date is the 14th currently so These will give me a change of taste from cereal until then.

I also did go to Costco's website and order more Gift cards now that the $59.99 per hundred dollar face value sale has started.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger

P.S. Now that the CostCo gift cards are now available at a good price once again, I broke down and ordered 15 :)

I plan to apply the Income tax refund to paying for them as well as the regular amount I pay my balance should stay where it was. I managed to run the card up a bit over the last year and am now working on paying it down, I hate paying interest.
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope George feels better soon.
    Roger-I may have to try the meatloaf with gravy.
    Vix-It was 50 when I got up this morning and just starting to rain. It is now sunny, windy and 41. It feels a lot colder.
    How come work seems to go much smoother when the boss is off? Today was a very productive day and no drama.
    Tomorrow will be a different story. :#
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Things always went worse when the owner dropped by on my last job too. The one before that was a 24 hour a day operation 7 days a week and I had enough seniority to be able to choose days and times for work when the boss was not there :)

FWIW I liked the Lean Cuisine Meatloaf Dinner better than the NS dinner entree.

Good Luck
    Roger
    good morning, happy to say George and I are both feeling better, we actually went for our walk this morning so I got 7500 steps in.Went and got my shot yesterday first of all I had to wait an hour before I saw the Dr then when he gave me the shot he hit something he said it was a bone all I know it really hurt and there was a lot of blood but I am ok now just glad I only have 1 more shot to go. Jo I am sorry didn't realize it was your daughters birthday . Happy birthday. Roger good luck with finding the right cereal . Vix what fun thing do you have planned for today?well have a great day everyone

Hi Irene
    I can imagine how much that must have hurt. I had a inflamed joint on my right hand a couple of years ago and the pain was excruciating when the doctor worked the needle in and out to another spot for the injections. However the end result of no more pain made it worth it in the long run.

I have now tried a Multi-grain Cheerios that tastes OK, Keloggs All Bran Flakes both of which were Tasty and a Generic Rice Crispies that was somewhat less tasty but tasty enough I will slowly use it up.

I believe You are still buying NS foods? Keep in mind that the Combination of free shipping with Auto-Delivery + the 20% that get, hopefully You do too + stacking the 40% discount from the gift card sale at CostCo works out to make the food inexpensive. Maybe You could get $50 of frozen on Your next order to try that way.
    It ends up as for each $10 of food I pay $10 times .8 = $8.00 then take the $8 and multiply it times .6 (the discounted Gift Card price from CostCo) = $10 of food for $4.80 a good deal as I see it :)

Have a Really Good Day at work
    Roger
    Work always goes better when the boss is out....people can joke around a little, relax, and do their jobs without worrying about someone watching their every move or dumping more work on them.
    Good morning!
    Irene, glad you and George are feeling better. That must have been scary with your knee...but glad you're ok now. Thursday morning is my painting and drawing class...I have to start a new project, theme will be birds and blooms...may try some more flowers. :)
    Also have a chiropractor visit this afternoon. Not really listed under fun things. :wink:
    It's still kind of chilly, only going to high 30s today, maybe 40, but I think it's supposed to warm up over the weekend.

Hi Vix
    Not the best temperature today and the Light Snow in the forecast is somewhat worrying too.

The Chiropractor visit may be a little painful but the end result should make it worthwhile.

Enjoy Your Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-glad you and George were feeling good enough to walk. :) Scary about your knee.
    Roger-we have the same forecast for light snow. My hubby eats multigrain cheerios for breakfast every day. :)
    Vix-the Chiropractor may not be on the fun list, but I bet you feel better after you go. :)
    Have a great evening and stay warm. :)
  • eku0
    Ah, my chiropractor is very nice, and I usually do feel better after I see him. I go once a month for maintenance, just like oil changes every 3000 miles. :) Just not qualifying as woohoo, fun. :smirk:
    We're expecting a little snow here too overnight, 1-3 inches...but should warm up in the afternoon and start to melt.
  • IreneMurman
    I am off today not much is planned not feeling all that great I did have an apt to get my hair done but I just canceled it well take care
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Sorry you're not feeling well, Irene....hope you get some rest and feel better soon.
    It's snowing here....just about 1/2 to an inch, but the roads and sidewalks are clear so far. Schools and the gym have not been cancelled or delayed, so I will go to my zumba class. Even though I really like the zumba class, I'm tired of going to the gym. Oh well. I know I'm better off for it.
    Supposed to go into Baltimore with a friend this afternoon. So busy day for me.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    The weather outside is/was light snow. I was walking, the roads are clear and the sidewalks mostly so. Currently either we are in a lull or the snow is done already :)
    There is snow on the grass however. In deference to the weather I did wear my heavy insulated boots that have a much deeper thread than my walking shoes.

Tracking shows my NutriSystem Gift Cards from CostCo are shipped and transferred to the Mail Innovations facility in Morrow, GA with a Projected Delivery Date: 03/09/2016

Just in time to use for the extra A La Carte items I added to my upcoming order. What have I added, Protein shakes and Snacks mostly with a few of the Shelf Stable lunches I like and I will add some of the Lean Cuisine Entrees so I can then extend the time between the upcoming delivery and the one following :)

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-glad you and George were feeling good enough to walk. :) Scary about your knee.
    Roger-we have the same forecast for light snow. My hubby eats multigrain cheerios for breakfast every day. :)
    Vix-the Chiropractor may not be on the fun list, but I bet you feel better after you go. :)
    Have a great evening and stay warm. :)

Hi Joanne
    I think I would more or less get bored with the exact same cereal every day :) That is why with the NS cereals I would get all three and rotate them. Now that I have finished the quart of Milk I opened I will switch to something other than cereal for a few days. I do have Frozen french Toast and Pancakes to use up before the next delivery comes to make room in the freezer.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    I am off today not much is planned not feeling all that great I did have an apt to get my hair done but I just canceled it well take care

Hi Irene
    I did get out walking today for 8.5k steps. From what You said I am guessing You did not get out today. At least the Snow has stopped falling and street, driveway and sidewalks are now drying off.

I hope You feel better soon
    Roger
    Ah, my chiropractor is very nice, and I usually do feel better after I see him. I go once a month for maintenance, just like oil changes every 3000 miles. :) Just not qualifying as woohoo, fun. :smirk:
    We're expecting a little snow here too overnight, 1-3 inches...but should warm up in the afternoon and start to melt.
    Good morning.
    Sorry you're not feeling well, Irene....hope you get some rest and feel better soon.
    It's snowing here....just about 1/2 to an inch, but the roads and sidewalks are clear so far. Schools and the gym have not been cancelled or delayed, so I will go to my zumba class. Even though I really like the zumba class, I'm tired of going to the gym. Oh well. I know I'm better off for it.
    Supposed to go into Baltimore with a friend this afternoon. So busy day for me.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Bad traffic problems this morning, according to the reports multi mile backups on Interstate 78 from a accident. The roads by me were only wet and 78 is further north running east/west so I'm not sure why it was such a problem.

I think in my case If I were tired of going to the gym for Zumba I would look for another to go to for a change :)

Have a safe trip
    Roger