Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,well at work yesterday my manager offered an early out day and I took it . The weather was so nice I took my jeep to the car wash and came home and took Annie for another walk I also got some yard work done it was so nice being out side. Today is going to be even warmer well going to go to work Vix be careful you don't over due it with lifting stuff. Jo hope you enjoyed your nap. Roger we found 5 cents today
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning!
    Irene, glad you got to enjoy the weather yesterday....it was so beautiful outside. :)
    I'm always careful lifting things...I don't lift heavy things very often, but use my legs a lot to lift when I do.
    Going to body flow class this morning. And after that, will see what the day brings...looks like another gorgeous day outside.
    Enjoy! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I was out early for this time of year, I could not sleep and as the weather is good I went out walking and was home by 8:20, an hour early from my walk +21 Cents and 8200 steps.

We are supposed to be above average temperatures for the next two weeks :) Good news as long as it does not carry over into a Summer Heat Wave.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    It is 60 degrees here.
    Irene-Glad you are feeling better and are getting back on track.
    Roger-Do you remember Mitch Miller? We use to have a record called "Sing along with Mitch". It came with all the words to the songs. I few that I remember are Down in the Valley and Oh where have you been Billy boy.
    Vix-That sounds like a lot of clay. I hope you got some help bringing it inside.
    We had a sick call at work today, so I was all by myself doing cut fruit. I am ready for a nap.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I do remember, he also had a TV show as I remember it. Of course I also remember old games shows, like I've got a secret, what's my line, Name that tune etc.

I would think that would wear You out working by Yourself plus possibly being boring?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    What a gorgeous day it turned out to be...got up to about 74 and the sun is shining. :)
    Sorry you had to work all alone today, Jo....you deserve a nice nap. :)
    Roger, no, it doesn't feel like early March, but it's sooooooo nice. :)
    I know that it sounds like a lot of clay, but clay is very heavy. It's 4 pieces about 6"x6"x12" each. I put them on a cart and brought them in that way. I'm pretty sure I'm the strongest one in the group, so I do most of the lifting type things that have to be done. I also usually load and unload the kiln, the shelves in it are a little hefty for most of the other ladies.

Hi Vix AKA Muscle Woman the Superhero
    That is not even a especially large piece of clay either. I have a feeling that much of what You are paying for when You buy it is the shipping cost and not the cost of the material.

Kind of hard to say anything bad about the weather so far this week so I won't try :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning,well at work yesterday my manager offered an early out day and I took it . The weather was so nice I took my jeep to the car wash and came home and took Annie for another walk I also got some yard work done it was so nice being out side. Today is going to be even warmer well going to go to work Vix be careful you don't over due it with lifting stuff. Jo hope you enjoyed your nap. Roger we found 5 cents today

Hi Irene
    I have a suspicion that means that there was not enough work for all the workers so why not send volunteers home early thinking by management.

Today's 21 cents is the first I have seen this week and I suspect it was due to my having been on that stretch of sidewalk in days.

The weather is Gorgeous !
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Irene, glad you got to enjoy the weather yesterday....it was so beautiful outside. :)
    I'm always careful lifting things...I don't lift heavy things very often, but use my legs a lot to lift when I do.
    Going to body flow class this morning. And after that, will see what the day brings...looks like another gorgeous day outside.
    Enjoy! :)

Hi Vix
    That is the way to do it. I was watching a Show yesterday off of the DVR called "First Time Flippers" and they did so may things wrong including nailing a Hood vent outlet on top of the roof shingles :)

Then moving a carport one says be sure to lift with your arms and not Your legs, Wrong!
    You are doing it the proper way, I wish I could do that but my knees complain when I do.

I went to the Acme for fruits and a little frozen too, I bought a 4 pack of skinny cow ice cream cones @ 160 calories per cone as I have not had a cone since the summer before I started NutriSystem where I got one at a Rita's Ice Cream stand.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    The clay is not very expensive, probably right about most of it being shipping costs. We get a discount because it's for the Sr. Center, so it's $19.95 for 50 pounds. That lasts a while unless we start making really large pieces. :)
    My diet's stalled again, so I'm going to try cutting back on sugar and preservatives and any other artificial ingredients. I do have some sugar free hard candy, gum, ice pops, and my protein powder, that I will probably continue using, but will probably just cut back.
    I guess if I want ice cream, it will be rarely, and at that point might as well go for the real thing. :)
    Enjoy this beautiful day. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    What a beautiful day. I have the slider open and am enjoying the fresh air.
    Everyone showed up for work today. :)
    Irene-I am glad you got to enjoy yesterday. I found 1 penny today.
    Roger-I remember all those shows. I buy the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches occasionally. I like them better than the NS ones.
    Vix-I had a nice nap yesterday. I am also stalled in the weight dept. I think I need to do more exercise and less snacking.
    Have a good night. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well I actually had another good day at work but all it will take one bad day and I could get fired oh well not stressing any more . My knee has really been hurting glad I see the dr tomorrow I will let him know about the pain. I love skinny cow ice cream I don't buy it because I will eat them all I have a big weakness for ice cream. We did find 1 cent today well gotta go to work take care and enjoy this great weather we are having
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Sorry about your knee, Irene...good that you're seeing the doc tomorrow. Glad you had a good day at work, wonderful that you're not letting it stress you out. Ha...I have a weakness for ice cream too....luckily I can usually ignore it in the freezer (hubs eats it).
    Jo, I left the slider open yesterday too....even brought out the chair cushions and sat on the deck to read for a while, such a beautiful day. :)
    Roger, happy morning walk!
    Off to painting class this morning, and I have a girls' night out tonight. :)
    Enjoy the day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was warm enough that I started out in a thin long sleeve shirt and light gloves, they proved to be to much :) Record Warmth Yesterday & in the forecast for today. At least one city in NJ was 8o degrees yesterday, Newark NJ. I picked up some cash at the bank for the rest of the month and a Irish Decoration and a Easter Decoration for the window at a Dollar store while I was out and hung the Irish one.

I was off plan last night since I ate what my brother cooked and he did a early St. Patricks day meal for dinner. Corned Beef, Boiled Cabbage, Boiled Red Potatoes, and Home made Irish Soda Bread with Raisins. Then for Dessert I used a Skinny Cow Caramel Vanilla Cone at 160 calories. That one was delicious and since I substituted if for a NS Snack (Dessert) Would not have a real impact. FWIW When I say delicious it tasted like a soft serve Vanilla Cone with a drizzle of Caramel on top and has that texture too. The Problem is the Dinner.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    The clay is not very expensive, probably right about most of it being shipping costs. We get a discount because it's for the Sr. Center, so it's $19.95 for 50 pounds. That lasts a while unless we start making really large pieces. :)
    My diet's stalled again, so I'm going to try cutting back on sugar and preservatives and any other artificial ingredients. I do have some sugar free hard candy, gum, ice pops, and my protein powder, that I will probably continue using, but will probably just cut back.
    I guess if I want ice cream, it will be rarely, and at that point might as well go for the real thing. :)
    Enjoy this beautiful day. :)

Hi Vix
    FWIW it could just be my taste but but the Skinny Cow did taste like a Real Soft Serve cone to me.
    Good morning!
    Sorry about your knee, Irene...good that you're seeing the doc tomorrow. Glad you had a good day at work, wonderful that you're not letting it stress you out. Ha...I have a weakness for ice cream too....luckily I can usually ignore it in the freezer (hubs eats it).
    Jo, I left the slider open yesterday too....even brought out the chair cushions and sat on the deck to read for a while, such a beautiful day. :)
    Roger, happy morning walk!
    Off to painting class this morning, and I have a girls' night out tonight. :)
    Enjoy the day. :)

When I was working in the computer store we used to give a discount to Police, Firemen, EMTS etc.

It was great out walking, Tomorrow will depend on when the rain moves through.

You could look for the Skinny Cow on sale to try and only have the one :)
    I tried a couple of Smart Ones Ice Cream Desserts, a little lower in calories and smaller too, however also very tasty.

Enjoy Your Painting class
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    What a beautiful day. I have the slider open and am enjoying the fresh air.
    Everyone showed up for work today. :)
    Irene-I am glad you got to enjoy yesterday. I found 1 penny today.
    Roger-I remember all those shows. I buy the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches occasionally. I like them better than the NS ones.
    Vix-I had a nice nap yesterday. I am also stalled in the weight dept. I think I need to do more exercise and less snacking.
    Have a good night. :)

Hi Joanne
    I have also been watching Hee Haw, sunday nights on RFD TV. Shows from the 70s. Guest stars like Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, Statler brothers etc.

I will Say the since they reformulated some of the NS Frozen Desserts they taste better FWIW.

More Exercise or less snacking, either one should work to break the plateau :)

Good Luck
    Roger
    good morning, well I actually had another good day at work but all it will take one bad day and I could get fired oh well not stressing any more . My knee has really been hurting glad I see the dr tomorrow I will let him know about the pain. I love skinny cow ice cream I don't buy it because I will eat them all I have a big weakness for ice cream. We did find 1 cent today well gotta go to work take care and enjoy this great weather we are having

Hi Irene
    You are ahead of me today in finding money :)

I agree, great weather for NJ in early March!

Good Luck at work
    Roger
  • eku0
    Another beautiful day! :)
    Girls' night got postponed to next week....something to continue to look forward to. :)
    Also planning a winery visit with some friends for the 19th...also something fun. :)
    I hope everyone gets to enjoy this lovely day. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    We had rain off and on today. It was a little humid.
    I found a penny today. I usually find them while walking to my car after work.
    Irene-sorry you knee is hurting. I hope it is not the result of the gel shot mishap. I don't buy ice cream anymore, because I have been known to eat a whole quart in one sitting.
    Vix-I have gone to a couple of winery's. The last one we went to was in Maine and we ended up buying a case of wine...most of it is still in the box. It was a couple of years ago.
    Roger-I love boiled dinner. We only have in once a year, so I indulge. Drink tons of water and you should be fine in a few days.
  • eku0
    There are a lot of wineries around here. We go every so often, and I usually just buy a couple of bottles. A wine tasting and then out to dinner is a nice relaxing way to spend some time with friends.
    I too, love corned beef and cabbage. I forgot all about it! Could probably make a small one (cutting off some of the fat!) Sounds yummy.
    It got overcast in the afternoon and cooled a little, so I went for a walk around the neighborhood. No rain here so far.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    edited March 2016
    Good morning.
    Didn't sleep very well. Glad it's Friday. Zumba class will pep me up.
    5ff6cf5c90b6b74b5e9658a399aa9bbf.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Another Great looking day outside, The rain has moved out and the temperature is Good, Not to cold, not to hot. I walked 8K steps + 6 Cents today. I was out early since I could not get back to sleep, I finally admitted defeat and got up. I had forgotten to pull my Banana from the refrigerator last night so it was cold and not that tasty this morning as a result. Oh Well :)

FWIW I just checked the Internet for information on the Lean Cuisine recall, it appears that the only affected products are the ones with Spinach. None of which I have on hand or have tried.
    • DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach and Garlic Pizza
    • DiGiorno Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
    • DiGiorno pizzeria Thin Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
    • DiGiorno pizzeria Tuscan-style Chicken Pizza
    • Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
    • Lean Cuisine Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
    • Lean Cuisine Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli
    • Lean Cuisine Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini
    • Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
    • Stouffer's Vegetable Lasagna
    • Stouffer's Spinach Soufflé
    • Stouffer's Chicken Lasagna

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Another beautiful day! :)
    Girls' night got postponed to next week....something to continue to look forward to. :)
    Also planning a winery visit with some friends for the 19th...also something fun. :)
    I hope everyone gets to enjoy this lovely day. :)
    There are a lot of wineries around here. We go every so often, and I usually just buy a couple of bottles. A wine tasting and then out to dinner is a nice relaxing way to spend some time with friends.
    I too, love corned beef and cabbage. I forgot all about it! Could probably make a small one (cutting off some of the fat!) Sounds yummy.
    It got overcast in the afternoon and cooled a little, so I went for a walk around the neighborhood. No rain here so far.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
    Good morning.
    Didn't sleep very well. Glad it's Friday. Zumba class will pep me up.
    5ff6cf5c90b6b74b5e9658a399aa9bbf.jpg

Hi Vix
    My Parents used to go to wineries here in NJ, Renault Wineries was one. Renault Winery in Egg Harbor City, NJ (South Jersey) to be precise.

With the Corned Beef since my brother likes the taste with the fat I cut it off after cooking before eating it. It was mild tasting, possible since he boiled it and then drained and rinsed it for the final cooking, Then The Cabbage went into the same water.

It has been beautiful weather so far this week considering it is the first full week of March :)

Strange that You should mention that You didn't sleep well. ironically I also gave up trying to sleep when I never fell back asleep after a 5AM comfort stop, I gave up trying around 6:20, Oh Well, maybe I'll try and catch a nap this afternoon.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Good evening;
    We had rain off and on today. It was a little humid.
    I found a penny today. I usually find them while walking to my car after work.
    Irene-sorry you knee is hurting. I hope it is not the result of the gel shot mishap. I don't buy ice cream anymore, because I have been known to eat a whole quart in one sitting.
    Vix-I have gone to a couple of winery's. The last one we went to was in Maine and we ended up buying a case of wine...most of it is still in the box. It was a couple of years ago.
    Roger-I love boiled dinner. We only have in once a year, so I indulge. Drink tons of water and you should be fine in a few days.

Hi Joanne
    FWIW I am up somewhat over a pound since the Corned Beef Dinner, It Peaked today hopefully. That seems to be the pattern, I go up a little the next day with things like that or Chinese then the second morning even higher and then it starts going away.

The package shows 200 calories and 1100 mg sodium for 4 ounces. We have another fresh one in the refrigerator that my Brother want to get prepped as Pastrami, Then vacuum seal and freeze for this summer. Between the two key tags we can get one each at the sale price of $1.88 a pound from the ShopRite.

Smart Ones Entrees are on sale at the Acme 5 for $10 starting today. I will take a look and see if any look tempting. $2 for a Dinner or lunch Entree is a decent price.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    I know I ate something wrong yesterday....I was up 3.5 pounds this morning over yesterday morning. Gotta be lots of fluid. I had a few pieces of cheese which may have done it. There's a lot of salt in cheese. I'll see what happens by tomorrow.
  • IreneMurman
    hi all, I have had a busy morning, didn't sleep too good so I passed on our walk ,George took Annie by his self so now I need to go for a little walk so far today I dropped off our taxes that we needed to sign so the taxes are all done but since we owe I don't plan on mailing them till next month. I did go and get my last shot so far my knee is feeling better I did tell the dr about all the pain I was in if it doesn't get any better I need to go back to him in 6 weeks hopefully it gets better. Spoke with my manager yesterday he told me I was doing a good job and they didn't see any problems I also had my appeal yesterday normally they are suppose to have at least 3 people well there was only 1 and it was an ops manager he spent a whole 5 minutes with me and I don't think any thing is going to change so the write up will stay untill may lets hope I don't make a mistake between now and then but I am really to the point it is what it is well need to walk Annie for at least 30 minutes so you all have a great day
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon,
    Wow it must be something in the air, I didn't sleep well either.
    Roger-you beat me to it. I was all set to tell you about the recall.
    I found 10cents in the parking lot when I went grocery shopping, for a grand total of 12cents this week. :)
    I bought my corned beef today and plan on cooking it on Sunday. I have to work until 8pm on St. Patrick's day.
    Have a good evening.
  • eku0
    I'm going to get a corned beef too, and cabbage. I only do this about once a year or two. Definitely a treat. :)
    Hmmmmmmmm....none of us slept well. Hope we all sleep better tonight!
  • eku0
    163624-Good-Morning-Happy-Saturday.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    7.6K of walking today. It was around freezing when I left and warming rapidly. Today is supposed to be in the lower 60s for a high temperature :)

I was listening to the Philip Marlowe radio show from 1949 while walking. The sun is shining and I passed a couple of yards with Easter displays set up.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    I know I ate something wrong yesterday....I was up 3.5 pounds this morning over yesterday morning. Gotta be lots of fluid. I had a few pieces of cheese which may have done it. There's a lot of salt in cheese. I'll see what happens by tomorrow.

Hi Vix
    That does sound like water retention to me too.
    I'm going to get a corned beef too, and cabbage. I only do this about once a year or two. Definitely a treat. :)
    Hmmmmmmmm....none of us slept well. Hope we all sleep better tonight!

You could try reducing the salt in the corned beef by boiling it for a little while then changing the water. Do You also Boil the Cabbage in the Corned Beef water towards the end?
    Which makes me wonder, do You boil Your Corned Beef or Bake it? Boiling for a while and changing the water can reduce the Sodium, OTOH Baking could reduce the fat in it more, or You Boil and then finish in the oven. BTW I understand that Red potatoes are better than the white Potatoes for us.

Well I had a crop failure in the field called "A Good Nights Sleep" again, That is why I was out the door early today.

Good Luck with the Water Weight
    Roger
    hi all, I have had a busy morning, didn't sleep too good so I passed on our walk ,George took Annie by his self so now I need to go for a little walk so far today I dropped off our taxes that we needed to sign so the taxes are all done but since we owe I don't plan on mailing them till next month. I did go and get my last shot so far my knee is feeling better I did tell the dr about all the pain I was in if it doesn't get any better I need to go back to him in 6 weeks hopefully it gets better. Spoke with my manager yesterday he told me I was doing a good job and they didn't see any problems I also had my appeal yesterday normally they are suppose to have at least 3 people well there was only 1 and it was an ops manager he spent a whole 5 minutes with me and I don't think any thing is going to change so the write up will stay until may lets hope I don't make a mistake between now and then but I am really to the point it is what it is well need to walk Annie for at least 30 minutes so you all have a great day

Hi Irene
    That has always been my plan, do the taxes early and file them ASAP if a refund is owed, if a payment is owed, pay the last possible day :)

I hope Your Knee is better now, That sounds like good news at work.

I hope You and the rest of us all get a better nights sleep tonight
    Good Luck
    Roger
    Good afternoon,
    Wow it must be something in the air, I didn't sleep well either.
    Roger-you beat me to it. I was all set to tell you about the recall.
    I found 10cents in the parking lot when I went grocery shopping, for a grand total of 12cents this week. :)
    I bought my corned beef today and plan on cooking it on Sunday. I have to work until 8pm on St. Patrick's day.
    Have a good evening.

Hi Joanne
    The way they beat the recall to death on the news broadcasts a person would have to be dead to miss it :)

I looked on the label of the Corned Beef we have and it shows 200 calories for 4 ounces, or 50 calories a ounce, I am thinking about using some of the left over for lunch, 3 ounces 150 calories, two slices of 7 Grain bread 45 calories per slice as a PF & SC which equals a lunch equivalent. Add a touch of Thousand Island salad dressing as a spread. BTW the 240 calories the Beef & bread equal are close to what the NS Hamburger lunch sandwich is, I usually use limited extra of BBQ or Thousand Island dressing or Ketchup with the hamburger so this should work.

I am waiting for a specific brand of lite mayo to come back in stock at the market as I like it better than most of the light mayo I have tried. I told my brother if he spots it grab two of the small bottles this time.

I had three smallish pancakes from a 8 pack I bought for a dollar at one of the dollar stores for breakfast, 110 calories for two, so that ends up at 165 calories for three and cheaper than the NS pancakes too, 12.5 cents each or 37.5 cents for my breakfast entree. I will say that with the 20% AD discount and then stacking the 40% CostCo discount on my NS orders the food prices overall is pretty cheap. I am trying these alternatives to be ready for maintenance in the fairly near future. I already put in for my Goal Bear as I am between the weight I wanted to achieve and the Goal weight by my doctor.

It has been a long journey that started in Late January of 2014. I plan to keep buying NS foods to help maintain my weight. I just plan to supplement them. and extend my interval between deliveries. That is why I bought 15 of the NS Gift cards during this sale by CostCo. I also need to investigate the pricing of Weekends on Your own vs the regular 28 day plan extended to 6 week intervals :) 6 weeks into 28 days is 4 2/3 or a functional equivalent of Weekends on Your own.

Do I sound cheap or Frugal or both?

Sorry You have to work St. Patrick's day until 8, it is a good reason to do it early on Sunday.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger