Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good evening;
    Yesterday was my day off and I ran errands and cooked my boiled dinner. It was yummy!!
    After work today I went and had a mani and pedi. It felt so good to have my feet massaged.
    We ordered vertical blinds for the slider in the dining room and just finished putting them up. Sometimes the morning sun is so bright that it creates a glare and it is hard to read. We both read the news on our ipads while having breakfast.
    Irene-i hope you get some relief from you knee pain soon.
    Hubby feels well enough to go to work tomorrow. He has been home since last Tuesday.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, I actually had a good day yesterday but I have learned to take it 1 day at a time My knee didn't hurt too bad yesterday, maybe the shot will start helping. I have chinese every saturday have a good day
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I was walking today, 8.2K steps + I found a Quarter. Next up now that Breakfast is done is going to the Shoprite for some PFs, SCs etc. I am looking for something affordable to replace the now vanished NS Strawberry Protein Shake, It worked out to be less than $1 a serving after the standard discount and the 40% off of that price for using the On Sale at CostCo NS Gift Cards. According to my math they end up at $0.88 cents a packet.

It is a nice sunny day out, not to cold and not to warm :)

Did Anybody get this one? I repeated it below
    Just for Fun:
    What month has 28 days?
    All of them :)

I will be posting a Mini Review of the Smart Ones Pasta with Swedish Meatballs. Real Short version, It was good and made a nice change. That made two meals with meatballs yesterday. I used the 150 calorie NS Meatballs dinner with 90 calories of bread for Lunch. Very close in calories to the NS Hamburger for example.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    I can't figure out what I ate yesterday that set me back...????
    Anyhow, girls' night got postponed from last Thursday to tonight, so I get to go out! Yay! :)
    Have a good evening, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I 99% know what happened to me yesterday, I had a Mexican pastry from a local market and a 5 hours later it cleaned me out. :(

I hope You enjoyed Your Girls Night Out

Good Luck figuring what happened to You
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Yesterday was my day off and I ran errands and cooked my boiled dinner. It was yummy!!
    After work today I went and had a mani and pedi. It felt so good to have my feet massaged.
    We ordered vertical blinds for the slider in the dining room and just finished putting them up. Sometimes the morning sun is so bright that it creates a glare and it is hard to read. We both read the news on our ipads while having breakfast.
    Irene-i hope you get some relief from you knee pain soon.
    Hubby feels well enough to go to work tomorrow. He has been home since last Tuesday.
    Have a great evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I know what You mean, I have to pull the curtains partway closed in the Living room in the morning to keep the sun out of my eyes, Later in the afternoon I can open that section, Then I have to close the other side to keep the Sun off of the TV when I watch the DVR'd Noon News.

I must be old fashioned I just watch news on the TV set. No E-Books either.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    good morning, I actually had a good day yesterday but I have learned to take it 1 day at a time My knee didn't hurt too bad yesterday, maybe the shot will start helping. I have chinese every saturday have a good day

Hi Irene
    I would be afraid to have Chinese once a week. Locally they seem to put to much salt / Soy in it.

I hope The Shot is starting to work for You
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    hello...Went to body flow class this morning....looks like a beautiful day outside. :)
    Jo, a mani pedi sounds nice. :) We have vertical blinds on our sliding door in our morning room. They're nice.
    Irene, glad you're feeling better today. :)
    Roger, I did ok going out last night, not too far off my plan. Had a crab cake, asparagus and cole slaw. Also had a drink (grapefruit crush)...yummy, but not really on plan. Also the crabcake probably had some grain in it. But it was nice being out with friends, (and I get tired of ordering salads all the time!)
    Hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy this gorgeous day! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-All the months have 28 days. :p
    Vix-I think you did well with your food choices last night. I know what you mean about ordering salads all the time.
    Irene-I would also be afraid to have Chinese weekly, unless you are having steamed chicken and vegetables, no sauce.
    I found a dime today and walked 15,945 steps at work today.
    I bought butternut squash noodles at Whole foods. I am going to saute some onions, garlic, mushrooms and add a can of no salt diced tomatoes to it and serve over the noodles. The noodles are actual squash cut to look like very thin noodles.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    That sounds good, Jo. I actually bought a spiralizer, but haven't used it yet. It's just a little hand held one. You did a lot of walking!
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,our walk was nice no wind or cold weather to deal with. I am finding my knee starts to hurt in the late afternoon around 4 which if I only worked 8 hour shifts that would be ok I figured if it starts to hurt around that time today I will just leave a little early I have the time so why not use it too help my knee not sure what else I can do to make it feel better.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Irene-sorry your knee is still hurting. Will you eventually need a knee replacement?
    It is raining here this morning.
    I don't have to be in work until 11 today, so I decided to clean out my bureau drawers and closet. I have a huge pile of clothes that are too small. :'( I will pack these away and hopefully will fit into them in the near future.
    I did well eating yesterday and was under my calorie goal and today is off to a good start. :)
    Vix-My dinner was good last night. I wasn't sure how long to cook the squash, so I just kept tasting it until it was the right consistency.
    Roger-It has been cloudy the past 2 days, so I haven't been able to see how well the blinds work.
    Time to pack up the clothes and put them in the attic.
    Have a great day. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Off to painting...BBL. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'll be back in a little while, Time for breakfast right now:)

It is a Nice day out, I got out walking at 7:15 and home at 8:50 and 8,200 steps :)

I just delayed my next order again. I have lots of foods left due to A La Carte additions to past orders and trying out other Breakfast & Dinner items from the grocery store.

Have a Great St. Patricks Day
    RogerToo
    X5cPde.jpg
    eii2Yb.jpg

• RogerToo
    hello...Went to body flow class this morning....looks like a beautiful day outside. :)
    Jo, a mani pedi sounds nice. :) We have vertical blinds on our sliding door in our morning room. They're nice.
    Irene, glad you're feeling better today. :)
    Roger, I did ok going out last night, not too far off my plan. Had a crab cake, asparagus and cole slaw. Also had a drink (grapefruit crush)...yummy, but not really on plan. Also the crabcake probably had some grain in it. But it was nice being out with friends, (and I get tired of ordering salads all the time!)
    Hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy this gorgeous day! :)
    That sounds good, Jo. I actually bought a spiralizer, but haven't used it yet. It's just a little hand held one. You did a lot of walking!
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I suspect that You are right, Crab cakes have crab, of course. However usually AFAIK Mayo & Egg as binder and some sort of cracker or bread crumbs, the source of Your suspected grain :)

I am somewhat of a trditionalist, the one bedroom that does have window blinds, they are the smaller horizontal ones. The other bedroom and Laundry room have Window shades. and the Dining room and Living room have curtains.

Strangely to me Grapefruit and Green leafy vegetables interact with some medications. Why Grapefruit and not oranges despite that they are both citrus I do not know.

Good to hear You had a nice evening.
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-All the months have 28 days. :p
    Vix-I think you did well with your food choices last night. I know what you mean about ordering salads all the time.
    Irene-I would also be afraid to have Chinese weekly, unless you are having steamed chicken and vegetables, no sauce.
    I found a dime today and walked 15,945 steps at work today.
    I bought butternut squash noodles at Whole foods. I am going to saute some onions, garlic, mushrooms and add a can of no salt diced tomatoes to it and serve over the noodles. The noodles are actual squash cut to look like very thin noodles.
    Good morning;
    Irene-sorry your knee is still hurting. Will you eventually need a knee replacement?
    It is raining here this morning.
    I don't have to be in work until 11 today, so I decided to clean out my bureau drawers and closet. I have a huge pile of clothes that are too small. :'( I will pack these away and hopefully will fit into them in the near future.
    I did well eating yesterday and was under my calorie goal and today is off to a good start. :)
    Vix-My dinner was good last night. I wasn't sure how long to cook the squash, so I just kept tasting it until it was the right consistency.
    Roger-It has been cloudy the past 2 days, so I haven't been able to see how well the blinds work.
    Time to pack up the clothes and put them in the attic.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Joanne
    So far Two people have said 28 days. When I first heard that question I thought of February :)

You did what I wish I had done some years ago. I donated all my smaller clothes to a clothing drive and now I am buying new ones as replacements :( The old ones were in good condition, just to small. That makes You smarter than me :)

we finally have sunshine for part of yesterday and today. Yesterday around 5 or 6PM we had a loud line of thunderstorms move through NJ.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    good morning,our walk was nice no wind or cold weather to deal with. I am finding my knee starts to hurt in the late afternoon around 4 which if I only worked 8 hour shifts that would be ok I figured if it starts to hurt around that time today I will just leave a little early I have the time so why not use it too help my knee not sure what else I can do to make it feel better.

Hi Irene
    I like Joanne am wondering ill you eventually need a knee replacement? Has Your doctor talked to You about it. I know it can be a big help once the recovery and Therapy is over. I know that from a family member that had both knees done. She went from needing a walker to being OK.

As I see it if You can take off early why not. You earned it.

Have a Good Day at work.
    Roger
  • eku0
    We put cordless cell shades on all our windows. I didn't want to bother with curtains. These are nice....and very easy. They just pull/push up or down.

8759.jpg

Turned out to be a nice day here. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning! Just back from zumba...
    It's a little chilly out, but the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked to the next town for a haircut 12.4K steps round-trip. Just my luck, the Barber was closed for a vacation :) So I ended up at a nearby diner and had two eggs, a fruit cup, and a a little Dry Rye toast with coffee before heading back.

The weather so far is good today, warming up nicely. I only needed one layer to keep warm and medium warmth gloves.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    We put cordless cell shades on all our windows. I didn't want to bother with curtains. These are nice....and very easy. They just pull/push up or down.

8759.jpg

Turned out to be a nice day here. :)

Hi Vix
    The ones in the back bedroom have a cord that You use to raise or lower and a rod that You twist to rotate them with to see through or close for privacy or anywhere in between.
    Good morning! Just back from zumba...
    It's a little chilly out, but the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day. :)

I was out the door at 7:45 and it was OK outside wearing just the Hoodie. Tomorrow is forecast to be 15 +/- degrees colder however and snow coming in towards the evening into Sunday. That of course depends on where the storm tracks. They still seem unsure of if or how much snow we will get :)

I'm glad to hear You had a good morning. Mine was OK, it would have been better if I could have gotten my hair shortened. It is over the top of my ears which is something I dislike.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    ha-ha....I'm starting to put maintenance things on a schedule...once a month for cleaning team, every 7 or 8 weeks for hair touch-up. 8 weeks for infusions, 4 weeks for chiropractor. I need to talk with the lady that cleans...so far I've been having to call her, want to see if she can just put in on her calendar as recurring, because sometimes I just forget to call. All the rest are scheduled in advance...so much easier. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-It is easier to have everything scheduled in advance.
    Roger-sorry you didn't get your haircut and congrats on the steps.
    The forecast here is for snow sometime Sunday night into Monday and not sure how much depending on how the storm tracks. The only good thing is that it should melt fairly quick.
  • eku0
    Now they're calling for snow here tomorrow late afternoon and through the night. I'm hoping it stays warm enough that it's just rain. Don't want to ruin our winery visit. :wink:
  • eku0
    good+morning+Rain.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked a total of 9471 steps so far today. That includes My regular walk, The Produce store for myself and my brother. I picked up 4 Apples, some Bananas, Lettuce @ 89Cents and Two 1 pound containers of Strawberries at a decent price of 2 for $1 and other items for my brother. His total came to $10 even, I could not do that again if I were trying to. Then over to the Dollar Store for a Quart of UHT Milk for $1 and two Brown & Serve Breakfast entrees for $1 each. They are a decent calorie count at 340 calories and 350 calories, Sausage links, Potatoes, Eggs and French Toast or Pancakes considering they will be replacing a NS Entree, a PF & a SC in one plate, I did not worry about the Sodium which is a little high at 800+mg :) They will only be a Sunday Morning treat/change of taste.

Then on to the Acme for a few Lean Cuisine Entrees at $1.88 or $2.29. The ones I bought will mostly work as a lunch at 180 to 200 calories and 8 ounces plus.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    ha-ha....I'm starting to put maintenance things on a schedule...once a month for cleaning team, every 7 or 8 weeks for hair touch-up. 8 weeks for infusions, 4 weeks for chiropractor. I need to talk with the lady that cleans...so far I've been having to call her, want to see if she can just put in on her calendar as recurring, because sometimes I just forget to call. All the rest are scheduled in advance...so much easier. :)

Hi Vix
    I have a large calendar hanging on the wall where I list things like Meter reader day, doctor visits etc. If I had to call a cleaning lady that call date would be there too :) Memory is so fallible these days.
    Now they're calling for snow here tomorrow late afternoon and through the night. I'm hoping it stays warm enough that it's just rain. Don't want to ruin our winery visit. :wink:

I hope You winery visit goes OK. You are getting the weather a day or so ahead of what my forecast shows.

Enjoy the Winery
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-It is easier to have everything scheduled in advance.
    Roger-sorry you didn't get your haircut and congrats on the steps.
    The forecast here is for snow sometime Sunday night into Monday and not sure how much depending on how the storm tracks. The only good thing is that it should melt fairly quick.

Hi Joanne
    As far as the haircut, next week is OK, I'll live without it for an extra week :)

Today they are saying the snow is likely to stay further east and lowered the snowfall totals accordingly.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    hi all, been a little busy but I still got my walk in found 28 cents on our walk today. I did call the Dr yesterday I will be seeing him on tuesday morning not sure what he is going to say I just know I can't go on with this pain well have a good night