Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning! Happy Easter!
    It's gray and chilly here. Just sipping coffee so far today. :)
    funnyeaster4.jpg
    Enjoy your holiday! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Happy Easter!
    It is overcast and chilly here.
    I have nothing planned for the day. I think I will be lazy. :)
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited March 2016

Notice that the CostCo Gift NS card sale is almost ended, Monday is it.
    $20 manufacturer’s discount is valid 3/3/16 through 3/28/16. While supplies last.
    Online Price $79.99
    Less -$20.00 manufacturer’s discount
    Your Price $59.99 Shipping & Handling Included

Hi
    I have a busy day ahead of me, I already went out walking and picked up two heads of lettuce and two Apples + 7.4k steps :)
    Next is Breakfast, Then Friday the Mail delivery had the Onion plants my Brother ordered and Saturdays mail had the 5 summer bearing and the 5 fall bearing Raspberry plants and a Blackberry plant as well as 3 columnar Apple Trees. They Berry and the apple trees need to be planted today as their in rain in the forecast for tomorrow. Luckily we were outside getting the planting bed ready for the onions and where the Berry plants will go yesterday.

As well as all that we have Easter Dinner to get ready :)

Happy Easter
    Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    xdW6yA.jpg
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-is the rate 280 per day? Sorry George isn't feeling well,hope he feels better soon.
    Vix-I am glad you like the new Studio. I hope you will be able to find some good options at the Thai restaurant.
    Roger-I usually like to have ham on Easter, but hubby wanted lamb this year. I like both, so it was no problem.
    Irene-another option for breakfast is Gardenlites muffins. I like the carrot berry muffins, 120 calories per muffin.
    There also vita top muffins. These are both in the frozen food section.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Of I said I had not thought of looking in the freezer section for muffins, if they taste good they sound like a good replacement for the NS Shelf Stable muffins that are also higher in calories than what you mention.

Under the Eating Out guide for Thai Food it shows
    http://www.nutrisystem.com/jsp/myaccount/guides/eating-out-guide.jsp?fd=thai_food
    That link works if logged in BTW, It does not seem to work if logged out.

Good Choices
    Satay and steamed mussels
    Healthy soups: tom yum koong, pak taek
    Salads
    Vegetable-heavy dishes
    Stir-fried, sauteed, braised, steamed
    Basil sauce or basil leaves
    Lime Juice
    Fish sauce, hot sauce
    Napa, bamboo shoots, black mushrooms, ginger, garlic

Bad Choices
    Deep-fried, crispy, golden brown
    Curry sauce (made with coconut milk)
    Eggplant (most often fried)
    Duck dishes, usually high in fat and fried
    Curry dishes and coconut milk dishes
    High sodium soups: tom ka gai, chicken coconut soup

Tips
    Make more/less spicy
    More veggies/less meat in dish
    Substitute vegetable oil for coconut oil
    Dressing on the side
    Substitute scallops or shrimp for beef in dish

The Ham is in the oven, My Brother Boiled it while I was out to reduce the sodium, We will see how that works. They were out of the Low Sodium ones when he picked up our free Ham the other day. The Low Sodium was good Last year, The Year before the regular one was so salty neither of us was in love with it. That did make it easy to avoid overeating OTOH :)

Have a Great Easter
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    I've been kind of chilly all day, even though it's kind of warmish out. Hope I'm not catching something!
    Sounds like you're all really busy walking around and getting things done.
    We went grocery shopping and I put together and hung some wind chimes I've been making pieces for. That was kind of fun. Also potted a plant for my daughter and one for my massage therapist. Spent some time working on a sudoku!
    Wishing you all a Happy Easter tomorrow. :)

Hi Vix
    Just in case it helps I put the Thai Food section of the NS Eating Out Guide in my reply to Joanne.
    FWIW I usually order Pad Thai a lot of the time.

BTW The Columnar Apples trees are suitable to be grown in a pot on a Patio if You can shelter them for the winter.
    iVFQmL.jpg

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Oh, those are interesting apple trees, never seen them before!
    Thanks, Roger...I'm pretty limited anyway as I can't have noodles or rice or peppers or potatoes...I checked the menu, was looking at ginger shrimp and scallops or beef and broccoli in garlic sauce. Will also need to ask for no msg. Picky, picky. ;)
    Jo, I am being lazy today too. I like it....finished up that 5 piece sudoku I started yesterday. :)
    Happy Easter, happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, sounds like everyone had a nice Easter, I didn't do too much kinda a lazy day we walked Annie which I found 1 cent and then came home and we had lunch and just took it easy it was actually nice . We did go off plan so here I go and I need to do a better job then what I have been doing .Hope everyone has a nice day Roger I did try the vita top muffins I will have to try the other ones well off to work have a great one
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Roger-It seems you were the only busy one yesterday. How was the ham, salty?
    It is raining here, so I think today will be another lazy day. I do have to run one errand and of course laundry.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016

Today is the last day of the CostCo Gift NS card sale.
    $20 manufacturer’s discount is valid 3/3/16 through 3/28/16. While supplies last.
    Online Price $79.99
    Less -$20.00 manufacturer’s discount
    Your Price $59.99 Shipping & Handling Included

Hi
    I did go out walking in the rain, No Singing in the rain however. I did put on full rain gear. I ended up overdressed towards the end of the walk with the Hoodie under the rain jacket. I did get Damp inside the shoes.

Yesterday We got the 10 Raspberry plants, the Blackberry plant, The Three Columnar Apple trees, and three of the four bundles of the various types of Onions planted. We were both tired by the time we were finished doing the digging and planting. Watered them in and now with today's rain they should be good for a couple of days with no watering needed :) The rain in the forecast is why the push to get them in the ground on Sunday.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
    Oh, those are interesting apple trees, never seen them before!
    Thanks, Roger...I'm pretty limited anyway as I can't have noodles or rice or peppers or potatoes...I checked the menu, was looking at ginger shrimp and scallops or beef and broccoli in garlic sauce. Will also need to ask for no msg. Picky, picky. ;)
    Jo, I am being lazy today too. I like it....finished up that 5 piece sudoku I started yesterday. :)
    Happy Easter, happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It is now slightly after 11AM and the rain appears to ceased, yea!

I thought of You and Your patio when I saw those Apple trees could be raised in pots.

I Would also ask for no MSG if I thought of it, However much of the Chinese Take Out places say prominently on their menu no MSG.

I hope that Easter was good for You

Have a Nice Monday
    Roger
    good morning, sounds like everyone had a nice Easter, I didn't do too much kinda a lazy day we walked Annie which I found 1 cent and then came home and we had lunch and just took it easy it was actually nice . We did go off plan so here I go and I need to do a better job then what I have been doing .Hope everyone has a nice day Roger I did try the vita top muffins I will have to try the other ones well off to work have a great one

Hi Irene
    I found one whole cent today when I went out walking in the rain. I figure I must be crazy going out in the rain instead of waiting for it to end. It is more the fact that I am a creature of habit (Routine) that put me out in the rain, It was that time :)

I went off Plan myself Sunday, The scale was not as unkind as I was afraid it would be. Those things can be evil.

Have a Good Day at Work
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Roger-It seems you were the only busy one yesterday. How was the ham, salty?
    It is raining here, so I think today will be another lazy day. I do have to run one errand and of course laundry.
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Joanne
    It was a Cooks brand Ham of course. My Brother was amazed that the the label showed 23% of the weight was added ingredients, which seems higher than last year.

It was fine after being boiled and rinsed first then baked. We had it for lunch and I ate a lot as it was so good along with Mashed Potatoes and home made ham gravy and a Fuji Apple. For Dinner I used a 60 calorie Sandwich wrap that my brother had bought. That was the only good part of dinner, Then I took that and put some light mayo on the wrap, lots of ham sliced across the grain for easy eating, A Slice of 40 calorie Velveeta and Lettuce, Very tasty Too. Then I added a couple of Clementines and the rest of the 1/3 head of lettuce that I picked up that morning for 59 cents.

On the good side we plan to Vacuum seal and freeze the rest of the ham for later use. And Thus temptation will be gone.

Then we went back out and finished the planting later on.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning, back from yoga. Off to a massage in a few minutes. We had a nice weekend. Didn't really do much, but I think I needed that.
    Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend.
    It was raining here this morning, but now the sun is out. Will be going out tonight to celebrate my son's b-day tomorrow. Looking forward to spending some time with the kids. :)
  • eku0
    edited March 2016
    Ended up going off my regimen just a bit. Had the Thai red curry with shrimp. Didn't have the rice. The only thing I shouldn't have had was the spicy pepper sauce, but it was so good! Swelled up a little, drank a lot of water...I think it's better. The ginger stir fry and the garlic stir fry were not gluten free, so I would have been off with either of those too. I'll see how I feel later and tomorrow. My son really liked the spice rack I gave him, he just sent me a picture....already set it up! :) (It's a youcopia spice stack...I love it, they now have them at Bed Bath and Beyond).

• IreneMurman
    good morning, back on plan or better than I was yesterday towards the end of my shift one of the new managers and told me I was getting a verbal coaching because back on January 16 I picked from the wrong bin. Of course I was upset why wait until now to say something to me this like 3 months later I guess they need something on me since I was able to get my rate up. Everyday I see more of my friends being fired . I did tell them that I was going to fight it but there really isn't much I can do but I will look into it.Eek glad you enjoyed yourself dinner sounded nice. I did get my walk in I already got 8880 steps in so I should be in good shape today .
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    It's another chilly day here.
    Sorry about your work situation, Irene. There is so much going on in businesses that is just not right. Many companies do not follow ethical practices. Bullying at any level is not acceptable.
    Good that you are getting your walking in . :)
    Wishing everyone a good day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was very windy outside starting in the afternoon and building in the evening. By this morning the wind and wind chill were tolerable.

I did make a stop at the grocery store for Fuji Apples, Somewhat greenish Bananas a I still have a ripe one for tomorrow and Heads of lettuce :)
    For Breakfast I had Multi-Grain Cheerios, and a Banana, the banana before I walked and the Cereal after the walk.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger

BTW the Costco NS Gift Card Sale has ended.
    Good morning, back from yoga. Off to a massage in a few minutes. We had a nice weekend. Didn't really do much, but I think I needed that.
    Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend.
    It was raining here this morning, but now the sun is out. Will be going out tonight to celebrate my son's b-day tomorrow. Looking forward to spending some time with the kids. :)
    Ended up going off my regimen just a bit. Had the Thai red curry with shrimp. Didn't have the rice. The only thing I shouldn't have had was the spicy pepper sauce, but it was so good! Swelled up a little, drank a lot of water...I think it's better. The ginger stir fry and the garlic stir fry were not gluten free, so I would have been off with either of those too. I'll see how I feel later and tomorrow. My son really liked the spice rack I gave him, he just sent me a picture....already set it up! :) (It's a youcopia spice stack...I love it, they now have them at Bed Bath and Beyond).
    Hi Vix
    That was the pattern here for rain too. Rain overnight and it was gone from my area before noontime.

It sounds as if You had a great evening Monday.
    The Spicy anything would not have tempted me, I seem to have bland preferring taste buds :)

Good morning!
    It's another chilly day here.
    Sorry about your work situation, Irene. There is so much going on in businesses that is just not right. Many companies do not follow ethical practices. Bullying at any level is not acceptable.
    Good that you are getting your walking in . :)
    Wishing everyone a good day. :)
    Hi Again
    I agree, at one time You could work at one business until You retired. Now they want loyalty from You, Not towards You however, That is gone. In so many ways it is now all about the almighty Dollar. The current attitude seems to be work the heck out of the employee and throw them out and get lower cost replacements once they reach any kind of decent pay and benefits.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
    good morning, back on plan or better than I was yesterday towards the end of my shift one of the new managers and told me I was getting a verbal coaching because back on January 16 I picked from the wrong bin. Of course I was upset why wait until now to say something to me this like 3 months later I guess they need something on me since I was able to get my rate up. Everyday I see more of my friends being fired . I did tell them that I was going to fight it but there really isn't much I can do but I will look into it.Eek glad you enjoyed yourself dinner sounded nice. I did get my walk in I already got 8880 steps in so I should be in good shape today .

Hi Irene
    I am currently at 7,400+ steps for the day. I would have gone longer except that the backpack with all the food in it was getting heavy. Hopefully the added weight will make up for the somewhat lower distance. You would not think that 7 bananas, 4 Medium large Apples and two large heads of lettuce would be so heavy :)

It make me wonder if a better quality backpack would carry weight better. I only paid $10 for this one at the local sporting good store, I think it was on sale at the time and I lucked into it. The Salesman started off showing me ones for around $200, and worked downwards in price Until he pulled out the $10 one when Is said It is only an experiment to see if it is practical and for a short period every couple of weeks.

It sounds as if You should get ready as it does seem as if they want to get rid of higher paid workers with more paid days off etc.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Sunny but very windy.
    2 people called in sick today at work. I didn't stress out, I just did as much as I could in the time allotted.
    When I got out of my car after work, I heard a bird making a strange noise. I finally located the bird in my neighbor's tree. It was a red tailed hawk.
    Irene-I am sorry about your work situation. Have you been looking for another job?
    Vix-Happy birthday to your son.
    Roger-How long did you boil the ham for? I will keep that in mind next time I want ham without a lot of salt.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    Thanks, Jo....hope your son had a happy birthday too. :)
    It was pretty chilly out today. But it's nice that it's sunny.
    Roger, I read part of the news this morning...it tends to bring out a cynical edge on things.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    1ebb31d9bb4602e84670308edec64cee.jpg
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well I left early yesterday tried to get in to see the dr I couldn't believe the pain I put in for a medical leave . I see the dr at 2 today I could not even walk with out pain next tuesday I go for my mri I will be glad when we find out what is going on with my knee and to fix it. Last night I had a problem sleeping because of the pain. So now I am trying to just stay off it then see what the dr says . I don't plan on walking today if I do it is just to take Annie for a little walk
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Another Day, another walk :)
    7500+ Steps and 15 Cents today, Whee....
    The Weather is clear and just above freezing so I wore a sweatshirt & over that a Hoodie. Walking I am listening to a old time radio shows. Intro to the show goes

There he goes, into that drug store. He's stepping on the scale.
    Weight, two hundred thirty-nine pounds.
    Fortune ... danger.
    Whoooooooooo is it?
    The Fat Man.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

P.S. I'm back now, we ran down to a store that has been sold and the people we both knew are leaving and Said Goodbye. We will have to decide if the new owner is worth dealing with.
    Good afternoon;
    Sunny but very windy.
    2 people called in sick today at work. I didn't stress out, I just did as much as I could in the time allotted.
    When I got out of my car after work, I heard a bird making a strange noise. I finally located the bird in my neighbor's tree. It was a red tailed hawk.
    Irene-I am sorry about your work situation. Have you been looking for another job?
    Vix-Happy birthday to your son.
    Roger-How long did you boil the ham for? I will keep that in mind next time I want ham without a lot of salt.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I think it was boiled for about 1.5 hours, drained and baked in the oven until tender.

It is a hard thing to learn, Prioritize and then do what You can and the rest will just have to take care of itself :)

I do not think I have heard any hawks here. I do see them flying around, what I here are Owls and Woodpeckers.

Have a Good Afternoon.
    Roger
    Thanks, Jo....hope your son had a happy birthday too. :)
    It was pretty chilly out today. But it's nice that it's sunny.
    Roger, I read part of the news this morning...it tends to bring out a cynical edge on things.

Hi Vix
    Cynical is a understatement. Much of it is repetitious drivel IMO. Then the way it is slanted yech!

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning, well I left early yesterday tried to get in to see the dr I couldn't believe the pain I put in for a medical leave . I see the dr at 2 today I could not even walk with out pain next tuesday I go for my mri I will be glad when we find out what is going on with my knee and to fix it. Last night I had a problem sleeping because of the pain. So now I am trying to just stay off it then see what the dr says . I don't plan on walking today if I do it is just to take Annie for a little walk

Hi Irene
    If I were having excruciating Knee pain I would not go for a walk either.
    I hope the doctor is able to help, have You considered using a cane to help take some of the load off of the knee?

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Yikes, Irene....that sounds terrible...I hope the Dr. can help you quickly, at least get something for the pain so you can sleep til it gets fixed.
    Jo, we have lots of hawks around here....some of them are very pretty.
    Roger, yeah, the world is a mess and the reporting is awful.
    Anyhow, we've got problems with our water heater....it's going to take them a week to 10 days to get the part unless we want to pay an extra $150 for them to get it by the weekend. We won't be here next week anyway, so we'll wait. Luckily the water heater is under waranty so we'll only pay for labor, but the sump pump which is also having a problem is not under waranty. Home repairs are the pits.
    Went and had my hair color touched up today.
    Sunny, windy, and chilly here.
    Hope you're all having a good day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, went to the dr and he put me on a medical leave he didn't want to say what our next step is untill we get the results back from mri I will be off untill the 25 th but just from resting it and staying off has helped still pain but not so bad.Today I need to take papers to Amazon to start my leave . So how it works is the first 8 days I won't get paid for but after that I get 60% of my pay oh well at least it is something.Eek sorry to hear you are having problems with your water heater .Jo that must of been neat to see an hawk! well take care
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Irene, glad you are getting some time off to rest your leg. Good to stay off it as much as possible and not aggravate it.
    I'm glad we'll be away next week. My daughter said we can shower at her house, plus we can shower at the gym. I heated some water in my teakettle this morning to wash the pots from last night.
    Painting class this morning. I think I'm going to try the poppy from scratch. I wasn't that happy with how the last one came out. It'll be fun to try some other methods of doing the same thing. :)
    Supposed to warm up to 70 today before it starts getting cold again.
    Enjoy your day! Keep smiling! :)