Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    hope your plants are ok
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    I also found a penny today.
    Roger-I hope your plants survive the cold snap. Is lifebouy soap still sold in stores? The actor who played Boston Blackie was named Chester Morris and he had a sidekick named runt.
    Irene-I usually buy Yankee candles at the christmas tree shop. They are not as expensive as the Yankee candle store.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    hope your plants are ok
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    I also found a penny today.
    Roger-I hope your plants survive the cold snap. Is lifebouy soap still sold in stores? The actor who played Boston Blackie was named Chester Morris and he had a sidekick named runt.
    Irene-I usually buy Yankee candles at the christmas tree shop. They are not as expensive as the Yankee candle store.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi
    I hope the plants are OK too, Time will tell.

FWIW based on the mention here of Boston Blackie movies on TCM I did a quick search via Bing.com microsofts search engine. YouTube has lots of them as does Vimeo. I suspect the quality to not be as good as on TCM however.

Thank You for the mention of TCM and Thank You to both of You for the well wishing for the plants
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Bright sunny day. I am planning on getting out for a walk.
    First I am going to spackle the nail holes in the spare room. I am planning to start painting tomorrow. This is the only room that has not be done over since my daughter moved out 5 years ago.
    Roger-I love watching all the old movies on TMC. I think they are so much better than the movies today.
    Hi Irene and Vix.
    Have a wonderful day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I found 11 cents while out walking. It is a nice sunny day currently OTOH It was chilly today when I was out. We had sprinkles of rain twice yesterday, Parts of South New Jersey had 3 inches of snow reported.

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Bright sunny day. I am planning on getting out for a walk.
    First I am going to spackle the nail holes in the spare room. I am planning to start painting tomorrow. This is the only room that has not be done over since my daughter moved out 5 years ago.
    Roger-I love watching all the old movies on TMC. I think they are so much better than the movies today.
    Hi Irene and Vix.
    Have a wonderful day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I have to agree, too many of today's movies lack any originality or seem to rely on special effects or both to be any good. Both my Brother and I saw the advertising for the Lone Ranger movie and said what the heck is this rubbish as an example.

When I have spackled in the past there were two methods I used to get the surface smooth, either sand or a damp sponge.

Have a Great Walk
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Hi all! I missed you! :)
    We got back Friday night, and I was kind of knocked out yesterday. The vacation was nice, but I was dealing with an infection the whole time. We were close to a beach, visited the old part of Charleston...market, French quarter, and a couple of plantations, Fort Sumpter, and a swamp. I think the swamp was my favorite...have never visited one before, and it was run by the Audubon society and had a nice wooden walkway, saw some birds and some snakes, crazy cypress trees with cypress knees. The other great trees there were the live oaks, very old and beautiful. :) The weather was great, missed most of the chill at home, but it did snow on and off yesterday! (it all melted).
    I'm happy to be back home.
  • IreneMurman
    hi, welcome back Vix glad you had a nice time, it sounds so nice. We never got any snow yesterday but it rained all afternoon today is cold but nice the sun is shinning we went for a nice walk in veterans park so the rest of the day I am going to just relax. Have a great afternoon
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-welcome back, sounds like you had a great time despite the infection.
    Irene-how is the knee feeling?
    Roger-Have you noticed that most of the new movies out are remakes...where's the originality?
    Currently it is raining. :( I am ready for some warm and sunny days so I can start working in my yard. Now that the house is finished, a little landscaping is in order.
    I got up and walked with Leslie this morning for 3 mega miles.
    Have a great day. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Thanks, glad to be back. :) It was a nice getaway. :)
    I haven't seen a movie in a long time. There doesn't seem to be any new movies I feel like I can't wait to see. We do watch one on TV every once in a while.
    Raining here too. Off to yoga class this morning.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, knee is really hurting this morning no matter what I do its hurting even put a heating pad on . I actually did a mile with Leslie this morning it felt good didn't push it just went at a nice pace. On our walk this morning we found a dime . Our weather here is not nice it is cloudy and damp. I can not remember the last time we went to the movies we rather watch when it comes on tv
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    No money found today, yesterday I did find 11 cents however. I could see that it had drizzled before I left the house today so I clipped the larger Umbrella to the backpack and took it with me that way just in case. I did unclip it once but it drizzled lightly and then stopped so I clipped it back on. I am using two carbiners to do that, One clips around the umbrella by the handle and then I use the second one to connect that one to the backpack. It works and keeps the Umbrella out of the way if not needed. I need to research and see if anyone sells a sling for umbrellas as a easier alternative.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all! I missed you! :)
    We got back Friday night, and I was kind of knocked out yesterday. The vacation was nice, but I was dealing with an infection the whole time. We were close to a beach, visited the old part of Charleston...market, French quarter, and a couple of plantations, Fort Sumpter, and a swamp. I think the swamp was my favorite...have never visited one before, and it was run by the Audubon society and had a nice wooden walkway, saw some birds and some snakes, crazy cypress trees with cypress knees. The other great trees there were the live oaks, very old and beautiful. :) The weather was great, missed most of the chill at home, but it did snow on and off yesterday! (it all melted).
    I'm happy to be back home.
    Good morning.
    Thanks, glad to be back. :) It was a nice getaway. :)
    I haven't seen a movie in a long time. There doesn't seem to be any new movies I feel like I can't wait to see. We do watch one on TV every once in a while.
    Raining here too. Off to yoga class this morning.
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Vix
    I had hoped that the stronger prescription would help, I am sorry to hear it did not do the trick, I hope You do not have one of the drug resistant infections.

I have seen the Cypress trees and their knees, I seem to recall that the Cypress Knees are to help the breathe.

Is it raining down by You? We had a couple of drizzles so far and the forecast is for showers. Currently everything has dried off outside, when I went out walking it was wet out.

I believe I would like to See Fort Sumpter and the others myself. Maybe someday :)

Cheers
    Roger
    hi, welcome back Vix glad you had a nice time, it sounds so nice. We never got any snow yesterday but it rained all afternoon today is cold but nice the sun is shinning we went for a nice walk in veterans park so the rest of the day I am going to just relax. Have a great afternoon
    good morning, knee is really hurting this morning no matter what I do its hurting even put a heating pad on . I actually did a mile with Leslie this morning it felt good didn't push it just went at a nice pace. On our walk this morning we found a dime . Our weather here is not nice it is cloudy and damp. I can not remember the last time we went to the movies we rather watch when it comes on tv

Hi Irene
    I am sorry to hear that Your knee is hurting You, Good Luck with it, When do You hear from the doctor again?

Quite often I find money as I cross a parking lot, or where cars park on the street or under a bench. Those locations at least I can figure out why, it is when I just find money laying on the sidewalk that I wonder how it got there.

I recall seeing the first Indiana Jones and the first Star Wars in the movies, Anymore I would just as soon stay home and wait.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Vix-welcome back, sounds like you had a great time despite the infection.
    Irene-how is the knee feeling?
    Roger-Have you noticed that most of the new movies out are remakes...where's the originality?
    Currently it is raining. :( I am ready for some warm and sunny days so I can start working in my yard. Now that the house is finished, a little landscaping is in order.
    I got up and walked with Leslie this morning for 3 mega miles.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Joanne
    I had noticed that they all seem to recycle old movies often with poor results or else do endless sequels. I have a feeling it is easier for them to get financing that way.

I am ready for nice weather, not summer heat however.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Irene...when's your next appt for your knee....hope it feels better. Mine are kind of achy today too...I think it's the weather.
    Roger, Fort Sumpter was small, but very interesting in that it is a manmade island. Everything was built from bricks made on the local plantations.
    I found the cypress knees very interesting, they are to exchange gases in the roots, store starch, and help balance/stabilize the trees in the wet soil. In some areas they looked like statue gardens.
    I'm thinking maybe what they're doing to my immune system is not so good. I'll talk with the docs.
    It's kind of drizzling on and off, still really overcast.
    Good job walking...all of you! :)
  • IreneMurman
    vix my next apt is the 22nd I tried to get earlier but all the apt were already booked so I just have to wait at least I got my mri .
  • eku0
    That's good, Irene. My rheumatologist is the 21st. I'm kind of anxious to talk with him. I'd like to stop the infusions, and find a more natural way to deal with this. Waiting is hard!
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Up early, it's dark, maybe raining.
    Clay co-op today.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, raining out side but I did a little walk this morning Annie is tired I guess with me home she doesn't get enough sleep she cut our walk short but I will take her out later
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    A rainy start to the day outside, wet & Gloomy near 60 degrees however, I was comfortable in Two t-Shirts and rain gear :) 7.3k steps.

Not much on my agenda beyond looking at the source VHS I captured to see if it needs to be re-captured with different settings as the image is washed out.

I just got the confirmation email that my NS order has processed. No tracking number yet, For this one they can take their time as I still have more than enough on hand and could not delay the order further.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Irene...when's your next appt for your knee....hope it feels better. Mine are kind of achy today too...I think it's the weather.
    Roger, Fort Sumpter was small, but very interesting in that it is a manmade island. Everything was built from bricks made on the local plantations.
    I found the cypress knees very interesting, they are to exchange gases in the roots, store starch, and help balance/stabilize the trees in the wet soil. In some areas they looked like statue gardens.
    I'm thinking maybe what they're doing to my immune system is not so good. I'll talk with the docs.
    It's kind of drizzling on and off, still really overcast.
    Good job walking...all of you! :)
    That's good, Irene. My rheumatologist is the 21st. I'm kind of anxious to talk with him. I'd like to stop the infusions, and find a more natural way to deal with this. Waiting is hard!
    Good morning!
    Up early, it's dark, maybe raining.
    Clay co-op today.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Good Luck with the doctor, You do not want to have Your immune system compromised!

Rain, rain, go away, come again another day!

Enjoy the Clay co-op
    Roger
    vix my next apt is the 22nd I tried to get earlier but all the apt were already booked so I just have to wait at least I got my mri .
    good morning, raining out side but I did a little walk this morning Annie is tired I guess with me home she doesn't get enough sleep she cut our walk short but I will take her out later

Hi Irene
    Did You ask them to put You on a wait list in case a cancellation opens something earlier?

Congratulations on getting out in the rain
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    It is raining and gloomy.
    Irene-you are a trouper, walking everyday, even though your knee is hurting. Does it feel worse or better after your walk?
    Roger-my backpack has a pocket on the side that my umbrella fits in nicely.
    Vix-Good luck with the dr. I hope he has some answers for you.
    I am tired today, I think it is the weather. I am so ready for sunshine and warmth.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    Good for you all for walking!
    The sun came out here and it turned out to be a pretty nice day.
    I think we're all ready for some sunshine and warmth. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Just a quick Note, MFP has added 2 new options to a post, that would be like and Awesome
    qetkl313lj7u.png

as well as
    Information about positive reactions

You can click like or awesome but not both, and only one reaction per post.
    To view your profile positive reactions, you can go here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/notes/(add your username here)

kszzjbmms8gk.png

So guess who clicked on Awesome as if it were quote, Yup me. It seems to toggle one click for like and the second click to unlike again. I clicked like so You can test it.

Good afternoon;
    It is raining and gloomy.
    Irene-you are a trouper, walking everyday, even though your knee is hurting. Does it feel worse or better after your walk?
    Roger-my backpack has a pocket on the side that my umbrella fits in nicely.
    Vix-Good luck with the dr. I hope he has some answers for you.
    I am tired today, I think it is the weather. I am so ready for sunshine and warmth.
    Enjoy your day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I will have to look and see, OTOH I did only pay $10 new for it so it may not have that feature.

This mornings rain was gone asometime after noon and the sun was shining.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
    Good for you all for walking!
    The sun came out here and it turned out to be a pretty nice day.
    I think we're all ready for some sunshine and warmth. :)

Hi Vix
    I know I am ready for no more rain until next Tuesday!

Have a Good Evening Too
    Roger