Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    Once again I was walking then home for breakfast and out again to CostCo for Frozen vegetables, 2 Normandy Mix and once French Green beans, 18 Pack of Light & Fit Greek, Pink Lady Apples, I thought I was grabbing the Honey Crisp, A Customer must have moved them :) they are OK too, and a Bag of Clementines. 9200+ Steps so far.

The weather is great today, I made the mistake of overdressing for the temperature so I was feeling a little overheated by the time I got home. I picked up a free cup of Dunkin Donut coffee as I had received a email notice that the coupon was about to expire.

I just started copying a Record Album featuring 180 old time radio themes into the computer.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Yikes, Irene....that sounds terrible...I hope the Dr. can help you quickly, at least get something for the pain so you can sleep til it gets fixed.
    Jo, we have lots of hawks around here....some of them are very pretty.
    Roger, yeah, the world is a mess and the reporting is awful.
    Anyhow, we've got problems with our water heater....it's going to take them a week to 10 days to get the part unless we want to pay an extra $150 for them to get it by the weekend. We won't be here next week anyway, so we'll wait. Luckily the water heater is under waranty so we'll only pay for labor, but the sump pump which is also having a problem is not under waranty. Home repairs are the pits.
    Went and had my hair color touched up today.
    Sunny, windy, and chilly here.
    Hope you're all having a good day. :)

Hi Vix
    What a Pain having no hot water. That must make showers a bit brisk :)
    What happened to the Water heater, I do not think we ever had problems except when they get too old and start to leak, even then they still heated the water.

Do You need the sump pump currently or can You just get by with one of the cheap ones You sit in the Sump Pit?
    Good morning!
    Irene, glad you are getting some time off to rest your leg. Good to stay off it as much as possible and not aggravate it.
    I'm glad we'll be away next week. My daughter said we can shower at her house, plus we can shower at the gym. I heated some water in my teakettle this morning to wash the pots from last night.
    Painting class this morning. I think I'm going to try the poppy from scratch. I wasn't that happy with how the last one came out. It'll be fun to try some other methods of doing the same thing. :)
    Supposed to warm up to 70 today before it starts getting cold again.
    Enjoy your day! Keep smiling! :)

Your weather is what we are supposed to get today too. Rain Tonight into Friday :(

Good Luck with the Painting
    Roger
    good morning, went to the dr and he put me on a medical leave he didn't want to say what our next step is untill we get the results back from mri I will be off untill the 25 th but just from resting it and staying off has helped still pain but not so bad.Today I need to take papers to Amazon to start my leave . So how it works is the first 8 days I won't get paid for but after that I get 60% of my pay oh well at least it is something.Eek sorry to hear you are having problems with your water heater .Jo that must of been neat to see an hawk! well take care

Hi Irene
    You did good getting time off, even if there is a 8 day delay in getting paid, You get 3 + days off from work, Whee!

I am guessing that your 60% is 60% of Your pre-tax income so it could come to more than that of Your take home pay depending on how much they deduct.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Roger, the sump pump locked up....I don't know, maybe they can just fix that. We have a gas water heater, and apparently the fan broke. I suppose we could light the auto ignition, but I don't want to mess with it. I think the fan keeps it from exploding! Just made that up! Sounded funny in my head. Sometimes I feel a little nutty.
    Still feels a kind of chilly today, guess it's because of the wind. Off to the chiropractor in a little while.
    People keep saying how great Costco is...I'll have to check into it one of these days...there's one about a half hour away.
    Enjoy the rest of your day.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good evening;
    Irene-sorry about your knee, rest it as much as possible. Have you tried icing it?
    Vix-We have had 2 water heaters that sprang leaks. I guess they only last about 7-10 years. It is good that you can shower at the gym or your daughter's house.
    Roger-I like pink lady apples and jazz apples.
    The thermometer in my car was reading 74 degrees today, but the wind was awful. My car was shaking when I stopped for the red lights.
    I went to get my roots colored and my hair cut today. I feel like a new woman. :)
    I am having the whole wheat ricotta crepes for dinner.
    Have a good night. :)
  • eku0
    Jo, always good to feel like a new woman. :)
    My dishwasher doesn't work with cold water either, so I've been heating water in my teapot to clean the dishes. They should have the part by the time we're back from vacation next week. The thermometer said 70 outside, but it was windy, so felt colder.
    I had a salad and some ff hot dogs for dinner. It was good for a change.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Roger, the sump pump locked up....I don't know, maybe they can just fix that. We have a gas water heater, and apparently the fan broke. I suppose we could light the auto ignition, but I don't want to mess with it. I think the fan keeps it from exploding! Just made that up! Sounded funny in my head. Sometimes I feel a little nutty.
    Still feels a kind of chilly today, guess it's because of the wind. Off to the chiropractor in a little while.
    People keep saying how great Costco is...I'll have to check into it one of these days...there's one about a half hour away.
    Enjoy the rest of your day.

Hi Vix
    I see the problem You have one of the new types that does not exhaust in a chimney, Yours uses the fan to push the exhaust from the combustion process out a pipe, probably a type of plastic. Without the fan You could have problems from Carbon Monoxide poisoning. What has happened also means that if there is a power failure not hot water. That is one of the reasons I like the old school water heater like we have, We had no power for days after Sandy struck, but the Old school landline phone still worked, we had hot water and could light the Gas stove with a match :)
    Jo, always good to feel like a new woman. :)
    My dishwasher doesn't work with cold water either, so I've been heating water in my teapot to clean the dishes. They should have the part by the time we're back from vacation next week. The thermometer said 70 outside, but it was windy, so felt colder.
    I had a salad and some ff hot dogs for dinner. It was good for a change.

Hi Again
    You are braver than me, 97% FF hot dogs is as far as I will go, along with 1% Milk :)
    Just curious, can't You heat some water in a pan on the stove and wash the dishes by hand in Your sink and Rinse with cold water?

You may have already guessed we do not have a dishwasher, Either my Brother or I are the Dishwasher :)

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Irene-sorry about your knee, rest it as much as possible. Have you tried icing it?
    Vix-We have had 2 water heaters that sprang leaks. I guess they only last about 7-10 years. It is good that you can shower at the gym or your daughter's house.
    Roger-I like pink lady apples and jazz apples.
    The thermometer in my car was reading 74 degrees today, but the wind was awful. My car was shaking when I stopped for the red lights.
    I went to get my roots colored and my hair cut today. I feel like a new woman. :)
    I am having the whole wheat ricotta crepes for dinner.
    Have a good night. :)

Hi Joanne
    FWIW Water heaters come with different ratings for years, 8 years being common and cheap. However You can get longer lived ones and You can also get more years out of them if You keep the sacrificial rods changed. The sacrificial rods get eaten up instead of the tank so the water heater lasts longer. Another thing that helps water heater life is periodic draining the sediment from the tank. You should see a tap near the bottom that can be opened to drain the gunk from the bottom into a bucket.

I like the Pink Lady Apples too, However that is what I was eating and I wanted a variety. I also Like the Fuji & Jazz Apples as well as the Honey Crisp which is what I thought I was grabbing.

It was nice outside earlier today, All I wore to the CostCo when I left the house at 9:30 was a Pocket T-Shirt and it was good enough, except when I was in front of their freezer door getting the frozen vegetables. I can see looking out the window that the wind picked up in the afternoon.

I still have two boxes of the NS Crepe dinners, They have been showing low inventory for a while on the upcoming order.

Have a Good Night
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, Eek where are you going on vacation? I am sure you have already mention it. My knee is starting to feel a little better probably because I am staying off of it as much as possible. I got a call from the place where I am getting my MRI and instead of getting in the tube for it I will be sitting in a chair and they put this machine just on my knee , I will let you all know how that is. Not to concerned about the pay I could of used my vacation time but saving that for september when we go away.Roger I do have a cane I use it when we go hiking I may have to start using it more. I have been using ice it does help. Today I have a nail apt I will also will be getting a pedi done always feels great
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Enjoy your mani-pedi, Irene. :)
    Roger, yes, I'm washing dishes in the sink, heating up hot water and rinsing with cold.
    Off to the gym. I will shower there.
    Happy Friday! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It is warm outside and occasional light rain too. I went out in a Pocket T-shirt and Rain gear and was too warm. Harder rain is in the forecast for later on today.

Some of the new NS frozen Dinners in case You missed them are the NS Beef and Broccoli with Orzo 200 Calories
    U7V4Yo.jpg
    The NS Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry 250 Calories
    yPzFDy.jpg
    and the NS Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo 230 Calories
    ZY8LUb.jpg

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    good morning, Eek where are you going on vacation? I am sure you have already mention it. My knee is starting to feel a little better probably because I am staying off of it as much as possible. I got a call from the place where I am getting my MRI and instead of getting in the tube for it I will be sitting in a chair and they put this machine just on my knee , I will let you all know how that is. Not to concerned about the pay I could of used my vacation time but saving that for september when we go away.Roger I do have a cane I use it when we go hiking I may have to start using it more. I have been using ice it does help. Today I have a nail apt I will also will be getting a pedi done always feels great

Hi Irene
    FWIW I have re-purposed one of Moms old cane as a Walking stick, Call me frugal or cheap it works and did not need any money laid out to acquire :)

The Knee MRI scanner sounds better than being in the tube to me too.

I have a Touch of knee pain when I start walking, however it goes away a little while into the walk :)

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Enjoy your mani-pedi, Irene. :)
    Roger, yes, I'm washing dishes in the sink, heating up hot water and rinsing with cold.
    Off to the gym. I will shower there.
    Happy Friday! :)

Hi Vix
    You are Lucky to have a alternate place You can shower. I would be out of luck if the water heater stopped heating.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited April 2016
    haha, I know! Cold showers are awful! I can also go to my daughter's house....will probably do that on Sunday.
    Had to slip into the Drs office today and get some anti-biotics....%%^$^ UTI. Glad I was able to get in, we'll be going away next week, would have been bad if I didn't take care of it.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It started to rain just as I was heading out the door so I came back in and put on the entire rain suit, 7.9K steps & 51 cents today. Poor looking weather forecast for the rest of today and High wind warnings overnight into Sunday :(

Have a Good Saturday
    Roger
    haha, I know! Cold showers are awful! I can also go to my daughter's house....will probably do that on Sunday.
    Had to slip into the Drs office today and get some anti-biotics....%%^$^ UTI. Glad I was able to get in, we'll be going away next week, would have been bad if I didn't take care of it.

Hi Vix
    I have to agree a UTI is no fun, At least they can give You antibiotics and clear it up pretty quickly.

I'll be brief as I am a bit tired, poor nights sleep last night.

Have a Great Start to the Weekend
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Raining here....a little worried that the sump pump is out of commission.
    Also was checking taking probiotics while taking antibiotics. There are arguments on both sides. I think I will stop taking them til I finish the antibiotics. There is no definitive of which ones to take. I may have to rethink this all together. Drs are not good at recommending probiotics (of course I forgot to ask, and no one is available on weekends).
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we went for our walk in rain coats but it never really rained ,knee is pretty good not as bad as it was of course not standing on it for 10 hours is really helping going for a ride to ft Dix so talk to you later
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Raining here....a little worried that the sump pump is out of commission.
    Also was checking taking probiotics while taking antibiotics. There are arguments on both sides. I think I will stop taking them til I finish the antibiotics. There is no definitive of which ones to take. I may have to rethink this all together. Drs are not good at recommending probiotics (of course I forgot to ask, and no one is available on weekends).

Hi Vix
    I have no idea what to do regarding the Probiotics. I do know that the Antibiotics wiped out the UTI pretty quickly however.
    It is a little strange to me that no one is available on weekends too, You would think that would be the busy time.

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning, we went for our walk in rain coats but it never really rained ,knee is pretty good not as bad as it was of course not standing on it for 10 hours is really helping going for a ride to ft Dix so talk to you later

Hi Irene
    I geared up in a rain jacket and pants for my walk today, same as yesterday TBH. It was not a hard rain, I might have been OK with a large umbrella, OTOH holding the Coffee Cup, Umbrella and walking stick at the same time is a little hard :)

Enjoy Your Ride
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-I have tried the beef and broccoli with orzo. I found it to be a little bland. I really liked the chicken fettuccini alfredo. I don't think the stir fry was available when I last ordered.
    Vix-Have a great vacation. Where are you going? Call the pharmacy where you got the prescription filled, they should be able to tell you if it is ok to take both the antibiotic and probiotics.
    Irene-glad the knee is feeling a little better.
    It has been raining steadily all day. Tomorrow's prediction is high winds and thunder snow. I don't have any plans to go out tomorrow.
    I just learned today that our store manager has been transferred. The new manager starts on Monday.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    We're going to Charleston, flying there. It should be nice. Just wishing I wasn't worrying about all this other stuff! Sometimes I am a worry wart.
    Hope your weather's not too bad, Jo. And good luck with your new manager.
    Glad your knee is doing better, Irene. The rest is probably doing you good. :)
    Roger, there is a lot of conflicting medical information even from Mayo clinic and WedMD, etc. The way things are, I think I'm better off if I stop them for now and ask when I see the doc in a few weeks. I want the antibiotics to work the way they're supposed to.
    Have a good evening, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    rfui3n40b64j.jpeg
    It is a winter wonderland outside.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I haven't been outside yet, but the snow looks light and fluffy.
    Roger and Irene-Did you get any snow?
    Vix-Just take a deep breath and relax. You will have a great time. :)
    Nothing planned for today,maybe I will catch up on all the shows that I have DVR'd.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Jo, that is pretty. :) Nice to have a day off. I did nothing yesterday....it was great. :)
    It's extremely windy here....things were blowing all night. Cold and sunny, but so much wind doesn't look like fun to walk in! The dog walkers are all bundled up in winter coats, hats, gloves.
    I just have to get ready for our trip today.
    Have a great Sunday, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Jo the snow looks so pretty, we didn't get any snow a lot of rain and a lot of thunder storms I was up late with Annie she doesn't like thunder! Our wind here is terrible. I tried taking Annie for a walk but she just wanted to go home I had her coat on so I know she wasn't cold George wasn't with us so maybe she wanted him who knows. Our wind was so bad I found the lid to my garabage can a block away but at least I found it. Not sure what our plans are for the rest of the day. Eek enjoy your trip.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It is really windy today, Wind Chill is somewhat bitter too, I wore my ersatz wind breaker the Lightweight rain jacket:)
    When walking into the Wind it slowed me to a crawl until it would drop off for a minute or two.
    I think I missed some money too, That's my guess when I saw someone ahead of me bend down and pick something up
    off of the sidewalk, Oh Well. 8300+ Steps today.

Currently I am converting some video soundtracks into MP3s to load into the iPod and
    will be adding some movie soundtracks and 78 RPM records I captured into the computer to the iPod too.

Have a Really Good Sunday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-I have tried the beef and broccoli with orzo. I found it to be a little bland. I really liked the chicken fettuccini alfredo.
    I don't think the stir fry was available when I last ordered.
    Vix-Have a great vacation. Where are you going? Call the pharmacy where you got the prescription filled,
    they should be able to tell you if it is ok to take both the antibiotic and probiotics.
    Irene-glad the knee is feeling a little better.
    It has been raining steadily all day. Tomorrow's prediction is high winds and thunder snow.
    I don't have any plans to go out tomorrow.
    I just learned today that our store manager has been transferred. The new manager starts on Monday.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Thank You for the feedback on the new food additions.
    That has made me decide to see if I have any overlapping Frozen and in the A La Carte Shelf Stable entrees.
    I wonder if they will be keeping both the Frozen and the Shelf Stable versions of the Chicken Fettucine?
    I think the Stir Fry was the latest Addition TBH. I still have so much food in the freezer from trying the
    Lean Cuisine & Smart Ones Entree that I have pushed my order back another week and
    I may add a few more days to it before then too.

No Snow or Hail in my Area however when I looked at the Local Cable news channel before heading out
    I saw where parts of NJ had hail overnight.

I thought that the manager that is being moved out was fairly new to Your store. I wonder if his results were not up to snuff?

Enjoy The Day
    Roger
    We're going to Charleston, flying there. It should be nice.
    Just wishing I wasn't worrying about all this other stuff! Sometimes I am a worry wart.
    Hope your weather's not too bad, Jo. And good luck with your new manager.
    Glad your knee is doing better, Irene. The rest is probably doing you good. :)
    Roger, there is a lot of conflicting medical information even from Mayo clinic and WedMD, etc.
    The way things are, I think I'm better off if I stop them for now and ask when I see the doc in a few weeks.
    I want the antibiotics to work the way they're supposed to.
    Have a good evening, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Your comment about flying to Charleston reminded me of the old joke.
    "I just flew in from New York and boy are my arms tired"

Everybody needs some hobbies and being a worrywart is one of mine :)

If I said conflicting advice on the Internet is not a surprise to me.

Enjoy the Trip
    Roger
    It is a winter wonderland outside.
    Good morning;
    I haven't been outside yet, but the snow looks light and fluffy.
    Roger and Irene-Did you get any snow?
    Vix-Just take a deep breath and relax. You will have a great time. :)
    Nothing planned for today,maybe I will catch up on all the shows that I have DVR'd.
    Enjoy your day! :)

Hi Joanne
    We have had days that look like that this past winter, It sure does look pretty and is not that bad to walk on either :)

No Snow, It might have rained overnight from the puddles I saw, However the wind seems to have dried things up nicely.

I have caught up on a lot of DVRd shows myself. Not to much on TV this past month :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Jo, that is pretty. :) Nice to have a day off. I did nothing yesterday....it was great. :)
    It's extremely windy here....things were blowing all night. Cold and sunny, but so much wind doesn't look like fun to walk in!
    The dog walkers are all bundled up in winter coats, hats, gloves.
    I just have to get ready for our trip today.
    Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I was bundled up with a swatshirt, Hoodie and rain jacket to act as a windbreaker and Mittens.
    It was not too bad out except when walking into the wind or when I had to take the gloves off a couple of times,
    then the fingers got cold but warmed up when back in the mittens. I had set my coffee cup down and the wind blew it over twice.
    I thought I had it where that would not happen too. I did see a few hardy people walking and walking their dogs however.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning, Jo the snow looks so pretty,
    we didn't get any snow a lot of rain and a lot of thunder storms I was up late with Annie she doesn't like thunder!
    Our wind here is terrible. I tried taking Annie for a walk but she just wanted to go home I had her coat on
    so I know she wasn't cold George wasn't with us so maybe she wanted him who knows.
    Our wind was so bad I found the lid to my garabage can a block away but at least I found it.
    Not sure what our plans are for the rest of the day. Eek enjoy your trip.

Hi Irene
    I am not surprised The Garbage can lid blew away, I saw what looked like the bottom part of a BWB
    blowing down the street while walking and the wind was lifting it up several feet in the air for part of that.

I think that may have been the same Thunderstorm that woke me up a little after midnight.

Maybe Anne was feeling a windchill?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger