Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, we went for our walk but it was only 1 hour but I did get in 8000 steps I did leave early work yesterday at 4 instead of 6 they offered vto so the time didn't go against me I plan on putting my name down again today if they have it. Well went to the Drs and they took some x-rays it shows I have bone spurs so I will be getting an MRI not sure what they can do to get rid of them all I know it is really painful. So I got a prescription he has me on Naproxen 500 mg and I am to take 1 in am and the other before bed so far my knee still hurts maybe it takes time for the meds to start who knows. Jo so glad you got your tooth fixed without the added cost.Eek I wished I lived closer you are always doing neat stuff I love working on crafts.Roger maybe today you will find a penny or 2
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning!
    Irene...make sure you have food with your prescription. I don't know what they do for bone spurs, sounds painful. I hope the meds help. It would be fun if you lived closer, Irene. I love doing crafts with friends. :)
    Body flow class this morning. I'm not sure what I'm doing for the rest of the day...so far it's gray and 50F, not bad, supposed to get up to 70! May be a good day for a walk. :)
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I stopped at the Post office to mail a letter on my walk + 1 cent. When I was Younger there were Mail boxes all over the place, No more.

The weather was nice and tomorrow promises to be somewhat better too. I think I'll go get my haircut tomorrow, That is the date the note on the door said he would be back from vacation.

Enjoy The Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    The snow is almost gone.
    Irene-great job getting in your walks, even with a painful knee.
    Vix-When is your son's birthday? My son will be 29 on Thursday.
    Roger-How is the sound quality when converting the records?
    I have a plastic lunch bag in my glove compartment that I keep all my BB&B coupons in. They always take expired coupons.
    My dentist visit went well. He just smoothed the rough spot on my tooth and no charge. :)
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    This is the One I use http://www.amazon.com/Ion-Turntable-Record-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000BUEMOO
    The newer one is reviewed here. http://vinyl-converter-turntable-review.toptenreviews.com/ttusb10-review.html
    As FAICT the audio quality is good. And using the free Audacity software available for download it can also do 78 RPM records, The 33RPM or 45RPM recording is speed adjusted to 78RPM like this.Fo83PU.jpg
    The newest version of their software makes the capture pretty easy too. The old version that came with it required iTunes to work.

I see I am not the only one that uses BBB coupons. My Brother & I keep them in the pocket on the passenger door :)

Are snow was a non starter. Just a trace on the cars and grass.

Congratulations on a great dentist visit
    Roger
    good morning, we went for our walk but it was only 1 hour but I did get in 8000 steps I did leave early work yesterday at 4 instead of 6 they offered vto so the time didn't go against me I plan on putting my name down again today if they have it. Well went to the Drs and they took some x-rays it shows I have bone spurs so I will be getting an MRI not sure what they can do to get rid of them all I know it is really painful. So I got a prescription he has me on Naproxen 500 mg and I am to take 1 in am and the other before bed so far my knee still hurts maybe it takes time for the meds to start who knows. Jo so glad you got your tooth fixed without the added cost.Eek I wished I lived closer you are always doing neat stuff I love working on crafts.Roger maybe today you will find a penny or 2

Hi Irene
    I actually did find one penny today :)
    I have a recollection that they have to do surgery to cure bone spurs, I could also be wrong which would not be a new thing either:)

Getting off like that sounds like a win to me.

Have a Good Day at Work
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi, I always carry the BB&B coupons too. I'm glad they take the expired ones. :)
    Jo, my son will be 28 next Tuesday, our sons are just a year and 5 days apart. :) Glad your tooth was an easy fix.
    The sun came out and it warmed up a little bit. Nothing else planned for today. Just hanging out, maybe do some reading.
    Have a good night everyone. :)
    Good morning!
    Irene...make sure you have food with your prescription. I don't know what they do for bone spurs, sounds painful. I hope the meds help. It would be fun if you lived closer, Irene. I love doing crafts with friends. :)
    Body flow class this morning. I'm not sure what I'm doing for the rest of the day...so far it's gray and 50F, not bad, supposed to get up to 70! May be a good day for a walk. :)
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Nothing like saving money on something You can use with a coupon.

I do not know how it is working for them but the Acme by me now gives discounts where You do not need the Key Tag to get them, so far as I know they are the only one. OTOH the also have self checkout counters. Something neither of my brother or I would ever use. Just for the heck of it I occasionally ask how much discount do I get for using a self checkout, the answer is no discount, No surprise BTW.

I Hope Your Day is Good.
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I think Roger is right about surgery for bone spurs. Good luck with the MRI.
    Roger-thanks for the info. I think we gave all our old vinyl records away. I know Hubby has a lot of 8 tracks and cassettes. My store doesn't use the key tags any more for customers, but the employees get a 5% discount if we use ours and buy the store brand.
    Vix-It is overcast here and 64. I wish we all lived closer. We could start our own craft club. When I was younger I did crafts all the time, maybe when I retire I will get back to it.
  • RogerToo
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I think Roger is right about surgery for bone spurs. Good luck with the MRI.
    Roger-thanks for the info. I think we gave all our old vinyl records away. I know Hubby has a lot of 8 tracks and cassettes. My store doesn't use the key tags any more for customers, but the employees get a 5% discount if we use ours and buy the store brand.
    Vix-It is overcast here and 64. I wish we all lived closer. We could start our own craft club. When I was younger I did crafts all the time, maybe when I retire I will get back to it.

Hi Joanne
    ION used to also sale tape decks such as the tape2pc
    Tape 2PC™ (Out of Stock, Available May 2016)
    As well as Audio to USB that would work if You have the tape players.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    Jo, that would be cool...we could have our own little craft circle. :)
    The only stores I know around here where you don't need a card/tag or coupon are the shoe stores, DSW and Off Broadway. They both have electronic records, and all you have to do is give them your name or phone number, and they give you your discount. Every once in a while, they email me that I have a $10 reward to use. Don't have to bring anything with me to get it.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Sunny and warm today. Off to painting class today....I'm working on a red poppy. It's taking a while.
    Enjoy this beautiful day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, I actually had a good day yesterday I hit rate not sure how with my knee hurting as much as it was . I called to make my apt for my MRI but left a message so I should be hearing back from them I will be making it as soon as I can. I took today off as a personal so I will be getting paid for it which is always nice. I did take Annie for a walk and found 26 cents .I got in 6216 steps in and we will be going out again for another walk the weather here is nice almost 50 I love spring not cold and not hot. But I do believe you guys are right they might need to operate to fix my knee all I know is that it hurts all the time no matter if I am sitting or standing but it would be nice if they could fix it with meds oh well wishful thinking.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was successful getting my haircut today. I walked to the Barbershop in the next town and back 11.8K steps , got my haircut, then went into the dinner on the corner for two eggs, A fruit cup in place of the Potatoes and a few bites of dry Rye toast and a Large Coffee for the walk back :)

A nice looking day outside, A little breeze in my face on the walk back but tolerable in my Hoodie. I listened to one of the records I captured a couple of days back while I was walking. A Petula Clark singing in French called 23 Chansons Celebres De Paris which I think translates as 23 songs Celebrating Paris.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
    Jo, that would be cool...we could have our own little craft circle. :)
    The only stores I know around here where you don't need a card/tag or coupon are the shoe stores, DSW and Off Broadway. They both have electronic records, and all you have to do is give them your name or phone number, and they give you your discount. Every once in a while, they email me that I have a $10 reward to use. Don't have to bring anything with me to get it.
    Good morning!
    Sunny and warm today. Off to painting class today....I'm working on a red poppy. It's taking a while.
    Enjoy this beautiful day! :)

Hi Vix
    I think I prefer the way the Acme does it. They are not even data mining You that way, As it is the ShopRite which my brother prefers knows who You are, what You bought and so on.

That sounds like a interesting painting You are working on. Currently I am online here and capturing a record in the background :) Nothing like Multitasking.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    good morning, I actually had a good day yesterday I hit rate not sure how with my knee hurting as much as it was . I called to make my apt for my MRI but left a message so I should be hearing back from them I will be making it as soon as I can. I took today off as a personal so I will be getting paid for it which is always nice. I did take Annie for a walk and found 26 cents .I got in 6216 steps in and we will be going out again for another walk the weather here is nice almost 50 I love spring not cold and not hot. But I do believe you guys are right they might need to operate to fix my knee all I know is that it hurts all the time no matter if I am sitting or standing but it would be nice if they could fix it with meds oh well wishful thinking.

Hi Irene
    You are 26 cents ahead of my money finds for today, I found 0 cents :)

I am sorry to hear that Your knee hurts all the time. Mine only bothers me if I stand still or sleep with it stretched out, If I keep it bent I have no pain and It does not bother me walking.

I agree the weather is great today, Tomorrow looks like rain in the morning, I may get out early or after the rain. It will depend on tomorrow mornings weather report when I get up. Nothing wrong with getting paid to be off.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    I found a dime yesterday, nothing today.
    The weather here today was rather cool. I had to turn the heat on in my car.
    Roger-Did you understand any of the French songs?
    Irene-congrats on hitting your rate. Is the rate how much you can pick in a certain time?
    Vix-please post a picture of your poppy painting when it is finished.
    We have a new bakery in town and I stopped in today and bought 2 good sized chicken pot pie knishes for our dinner. I am sure it is way over my calorie count for dinner, but it sounded really good.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Mmmmmmmm...sounds delicious! :) Enjoy!
    It's kind of a different painting...I was going for another monochromatic, but I'm not really happy with the background, will probably work on it some more, and I think it's really hard to tell it's a poppy. :wink:
    Roger, I think it is supposed to rain here too, but I think I want to go check out the pottery studio where I signed up for the class. (I did it online, sight unseen!...hope it's good!)
    Irene, so sorry your knee is hurting. Good for you for taking the day off, sometimes a day of rest helps.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Today is my late day at work. I have already went grocery shopping, folded and put away laundry and cleaned the bathroom. I am now sitting and enjoying a cup of tea.
    It is drizzly and foggy here.
    What are you plans for Easter Sunday?
    We are staying home and hubby is cooking a leg of lamb, my daughter is making scallops(she doesn't eat meat}.
    She is also bring a ricotta cake and I am making strawberry shortcake. We are also having asparagus and roasted potatoes. This will not be an on plan day.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Hi
    I got out walking today early due to the rain in the forecast for this morning. It is gloomy outside and when I left I could see water drops on the cars and wet spots on the street, However I am now home and I had no rain fall on me. Probably because I was ready for it with a Rain jacket and Umbrella. They stayed in my Pocket unneeded :)

Breakfast in a hour, Wheat Flakes, 1% UHT milk, The last of my NS Strawberry Protein shake :(

Currently recording a Ste of Fibber McGee & Molly Christmas Album from 78s
    called On the Night Before Christmas.

Have a Good Good Friday
    Roger

RujcnV.jpg
    Good evening;
    I found a dime yesterday, nothing today.
    The weather here today was rather cool. I had to turn the heat on in my car.
    Roger-Did you understand any of the French songs?
    Irene-congrats on hitting your rate. Is the rate how much you can pick in a certain time?
    Vix-please post a picture of your poppy painting when it is finished.
    We have a new bakery in town and I stopped in today and bought 2 good sized chicken pot pie knishes for our dinner. I am sure it is way over my calorie count for dinner, but it sounded really good.

Hi Joanne
    Since I never had french lessons, not really. OTOH some of them are songs I do remember hearing in the past so I enjoyed them as a change of pace.

Cool is better than hot IMO :)

They do sound delicious. I do not think I ever saw a Chicken pot pie knish.

Enjoy
    Roger
    Mmmmmmmm...sounds delicious! :) Enjoy!
    It's kind of a different painting...I was going for another monochromatic, but I'm not really happy with the background, will probably work on it some more, and I think it's really hard to tell it's a poppy. :wink:
    Roger, I think it is supposed to rain here too, but I think I want to go check out the pottery studio where I signed up for the class. (I did it online, sight unseen!...hope it's good!)
    Irene, so sorry your knee is hurting. Good for you for taking the day off, sometimes a day of rest helps.

Hi Vix
    I hope Your Weather stays dry and that the Pottery Studio is a Good One :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Today is my late day at work. I have already went grocery shopping, folded and put away laundry and cleaned the bathroom. I am now sitting and enjoying a cup of tea.
    It is drizzly and foggy here.
    What are you plans for Easter Sunday?
    We are staying home and hubby is cooking a leg of lamb, my daughter is making scallops(she doesn't eat meat}.
    She is also bring a ricotta cake and I am making strawberry shortcake. We are also having asparagus and roasted potatoes. This will not be an on plan day.
    Enjoy your day! :)

Hi Again
    Our Meal will most likely be a Free Low Sodium Ham, Depending on Availability :) Baked potatoes, Vegetables And ??? Not Sure if anything else.
    The Ham is free for spending over $400 within a certain time period, same as the free Turkey for Thanksgiving.

I know my brother would like Your lamb, however as a traditionalist it has to Ham for Easter just like it must be Turkey for Thanksgiving :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Zumba'd this morning. I don't celebrate Easter, so don't have to worry about holiday food. But Happy Easter to all, and enjoy your holiday. :)
    We are planning to go to a Thai restaurant on Monday for my son's birthday, so that will be a challenge.
    It rained this morning, but looks like it's clearing up.:)
  • IreneMurman
    hi all, yes Jo we have to keep a rate at least 280 and some times it really is hard,I did get to take Annie on an extra long walk so far I got in 9261 hopefully I get my 10 in put I am pretty close went to shoperite it was really busy. I also placed an order with ns some how I was low on breakfast stuff so I did an ala cart so that should be coming soon I need to get back on track the stress of my job really put me in a bad place but I think I am coming back who knows but I do want to thank you guys for letting me complain it sure helped.well gotta go Oh I found 0 cents today and I even walked farther.
  • eku0
    Good morning! Looks like a nice sunny day!
    Hang in there, Irene.
    Checked out the pottery studio yesterday....it was nice. I'm really excited for the class (it starts the 2nd week of April).
    Happy Saturday! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, went for my walk found 1 cent only did 6411 steps I feel like it is allergy time hope it is that and not a cold coming on to me a cold stays longer. Not much planned for today just mass tonight . It is pretty chilly outside it was only like 35 when I went for our walk George stayed home he hasn't been feeling all that great the last couple of days well everyone take care pottery class sounds fun was it hard in the begining?
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    One more day until Easter Sunday. 20 degrees colder today than Friday, Still tolerable however. I could even feel the Suns heat on my back when I was walking away from it.

Yesterdays 78RPM records to Computer captures went OK. I had some test pressings and recordings from Recording studios in NYC and Hollywood that were interesting. Today I am looking at doing some more 78s, mainly old humor types that I picked up years ago on a whim.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Zumba'd this morning. I don't celebrate Easter, so don't have to worry about holiday food. But Happy Easter to all, and enjoy your holiday. :)
    We are planning to go to a Thai restaurant on Monday for my son's birthday, so that will be a challenge.
    It rained this morning, but looks like it's clearing up.:)
    Good morning! Looks like a nice sunny day!
    Hang in there, Irene.
    Checked out the pottery studio yesterday....it was nice. I'm really excited for the class (it starts the 2nd week of April).
    Happy Saturday! :)

Hi Vix
    My Brother the traditionalist pretty much requires a traditional Ham Dinner and a Easter Basket for everyone in the house despite that we are dieting :)

The Thai Restaurant sounds good. I worked next door to one for 16+ years. I hate to think how many Lunch specials I ate there :)

Good for You that You like the new to You studio. It is always nice to have something to look forward to. The Anticipation must be hard to handle, I know when I am looking forward to something I can hardly wait.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    hi all, yes Jo we have to keep a rate at least 280 and some times it really is hard,I did get to take Annie on an extra long walk so far I got in 9261 hopefully I get my 10 in put I am pretty close went to shoperite it was really busy. I also placed an order with ns some how I was low on breakfast stuff so I did an ala cart so that should be coming soon I need to get back on track the stress of my job really put me in a bad place but I think I am coming back who knows but I do want to thank you guys for letting me complain it sure helped.well gotta go Oh I found 0 cents today and I even walked farther.

Hi Irene
    I have found some things that I can use for all three meals from the Supermarket.
    Quaker Instant Oatmeal tastes good to me, Both the Weight Control and Lower Sugar versions. Then Some of the Jimmy Dean DeLite (Delight?) Sandwiches work for me a complete breakfast replacments. Some of the Lean Cuisine & Smart Ones Frozen Entrees are good Lunch replacements, Range for that to me is 160, 180 up to 230 calories, There is a decent selection in the range. For Dinner Their frozen entrees up to 300 calories work and have many tasty selections too. FWIW the NS Dinners range from a low for the Beef Stew to 300 calories for the Chicken & BBQ Beans Dinner.

Congratulations on Getting Your Steps in, I am somewhat low Yesterday and Today, OTOH I was high when I walked to the barber shop and back so it should still be over 70,000 steps for the week.

Have a Really Food Weekend
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-is the rate 280 per day? Sorry George isn't feeling well,hope he feels better soon.
    Vix-I am glad you like the new Studio. I hope you will be able to find some good options at the Thai restaurant.
    Roger-I usually like to have ham on Easter, but hubby wanted lamb this year. I like both, so it was no problem.
    Irene-another option for breakfast is Gardenlites muffins. I like the carrot berry muffins, 120 calories per muffin.
    There also vita top muffins. These are both in the frozen food section.
  • eku0
    I've been kind of chilly all day, even though it's kind of warmish out. Hope I'm not catching something!
    Sounds like you're all really busy walking around and getting things done.
    We went grocery shopping and I put together and hung some wind chimes I've been making pieces for. That was kind of fun. Also potted a plant for my daughter and one for my massage therapist. Spent some time working on a sudoku!
    Wishing you all a Happy Easter tomorrow. :)