Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    edited March 2016
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-I hope you are enjoying the winery and the weather isn't too much of a nuisance.
    Roger-that is a great price for strawberries. We have them on sale 2/$5.00, this week.
    Irene-good luck at the Dr. I hope he has some answers for you.
    I got out of work at 11:30 today. I went grocery shopping, to the dry cleaners and out to lunch. I then went to rite aid, CVS and Walgreens trying to find the shampoo and conditioner that I use. I found 1 conditioner at CVS and it was on clearance. That makes me think that they are discontinuing it. :'(
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    hI, hope you're feeling better , Irene...good luck with he Dr. on Tuesday!
    It snowed here tonight. Snowed on the way to the winery and on the way to dinner, but stopped by the time we finished, and no accumulation on the roads. The winery was good, dinner was nice( I had more corned beef and cabbage!) and the friends were wonderful as usual. :) Hopefully that was the end of the snow. Hope you all don't get too much.
    Have a great night. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good Sunday morning;
    Vix-I am happy to hear that you didn't get much snow.
    The sun is shining, but snow is expected by midnight.
    I got up and walked 3 miles with Leslie this morning, did a load of laundry, put away the St. Pat's decorations and put up a few Easter decorations,cooked Hubby breakfast, washed dishes and dust moped the floors. I think I will be lazy for the rest of the day.
    Have a happy day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, wow Jo you have gotten a lot done as far as my self I haven't done anything George took Annie for her walk while I was sleeping but we will be going out later so I will be getting some steps in. Well we haven't gotten any snow yet I guess it is suppose to start tonight I will be glad if we don't get any
  • IreneMurman
    since today is the 1st day of spring happy spring day
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    The weather is OK so far, The wind was adding enough chill that I pulled on the hood from the hoodie and tied it around my face which made the walk OK and 7.7K Steps. I forgot to mention that I found one whole cent yesterday, Whee, I'm getting rich :)
    Snow is still in the forecast for later on into early Monday :(

Local prices are strange, Cheap Strawberries & Bananas, Local Supermarket has Chicken Leg Quarters for $0.39 a pound. Cheapest meat available right now when even Ground Beef is around $3 a pound. last two weeks they had whole chickens for $0.99 a pound.

I tried the Brown & Serve Pancake breakfast, I made a mistake in Yesterdays description, neither one has eggs :(
    So I had two sausage links, 2 pancakes and some Potato Bites. 340 calories, 9g protein, 39g carbs and 820mg sodium. Tasty if a bit high on carbs & sodium. A nice change for a Sunday Morning Breakfast.

vaPJqi.jpg
    Have a Good Day
    RogerToo

7tpULY.jpg
  • RogerToo
    hi all, been a little busy but I still got my walk in found 28 cents on our walk today. I did call the Dr yesterday I will be seeing him on tuesday morning not sure what he is going to say I just know I can't go on with this pain well have a good night

Hi Irene
    You are doing better than I on Your walk. I got out a bit late and saw another walker swoop in on money across the street before I got on that side :)

I hope the doctor can help with the pain, It might be time to ask about knee replacement or what treatment is needed. I know I had Cartilage surgery for Knee pain years ago in the 90s and it helped.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-I hope you are enjoying the winery and the weather isn't too much of a nuisance.
    Roger-that is a great price for strawberries. We have them on sale 2/$5.00, this week.
    Irene-good luck at the Dr. I hope he has some answers for you.
    I got out of work at 11:30 today. I went grocery shopping, to the dry cleaners and out to lunch. I then went to rite aid, CVS and Walgreens trying to find the shampoo and conditioner that I use. I found 1 conditioner at CVS and it was on clearance. That makes me think that they are discontinuing it. :'(
    Have a good evening. :)
    Good Sunday morning;
    Vix-I am happy to hear that you didn't get much snow.
    The sun is shining, but snow is expected by midnight.
    I got up and walked 3 miles with Leslie this morning, did a load of laundry, put away the St. Pat's decorations and put up a few Easter decorations,cooked Hubby breakfast, washed dishes and dust moped the floors. I think I will be lazy for the rest of the day.
    Have a happy day. :)

Hi Joanne
    I agree it is a great price at 2 for $1 or $0.59 for one. That Local Shoprite has them on sale at 50 cents off with the sale price being $1.99. The bananas I bought were $0.39, Gala Apples at $0.99 and I also paid $0.89 for a nice tasting large head of lettuce. I think prices are decent around here overall. OTOH I do not think $3.99 for a pound of Oscar Meyer bacon is good. Luckily I do not buy or eat it since starting NS :)
    If those are representative of sale prices by You it must be an expensive place to live? I always thought of NJ as expensive :)

They could be discontinuing it or just changing the packaging size.

I changed from St Patricks to Easter the day after...

I still need to vacuum the kitchen and I want to edit some video captures I did yesterday and then convert them to DVD format and burn the DVDs.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    hI, hope you're feeling better , Irene...good luck with he Dr. on Tuesday!
    It snowed here tonight. Snowed on the way to the winery and on the way to dinner, but stopped by the time we finished, and no accumulation on the roads. The winery was good, dinner was nice( I had more corned beef and cabbage!) and the friends were wonderful as usual. :) Hopefully that was the end of the snow. Hope you all don't get too much.
    Have a great night. :)

Hi Vix
    No Snow here yet. None Yesterday where I am and in the evening into the overnight and a forecast of around a inch total, maybe.

Yum, More CB & Cabbage. My Big weakness is Carrot Cake more than the Corned beef.
    I did have a Spring Roll my brother brought back with him yesterday. It was pretty good too, and the scale was kind to me this morning too.

It sounds as if You had a good trip overall, Good.

Enjoy Palm Sunday
    Roger
    good morning, wow Jo you have gotten a lot done as far as my self I haven't done anything George took Annie for her walk while I was sleeping but we will be going out later so I will be getting some steps in. Well we haven't gotten any snow yet I guess it is suppose to start tonight I will be glad if we don't get any
    since today is the 1st day of spring happy spring day

Hi Irene
    ElohiK.jpg
    Thanks for the reminder, the temperatures sure did not put me in a spring mood.

I got out walking late myself, I woke up later than usual. I hope the snow keeps veering further to the east and we stay dry. The tulip trees are in bloom and I think a wet heavy snow would kill the blooms.

Good Luck on Your walk
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited March 2016
    Hi...the snow never did stick to the roads and is mostly gone now, it's up to 39F out, still chilly! I didn't sleep well last night so have just been dragging today. Just put a butternut squash in the oven so I can make soup later.
    dffcf99515a1e59cfdc3cdd93fca497e.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I slept later than usual, No better than usual however, IOWs on so so. I went out walking again at 5PM, now at 16.4K steps. I went back out as insurance against not being able to get out tomorrow, I saw some snow flakes around 5:27 to 5:35 and then they were gone. I suspect they are a forerunner of the snow forecast for later on. As long as I do not have to go shovel tomorrow I am OK with a little snow. I hope my snow also does not stick and disappears quickly too :)

I hope You get a Good Nights sleep tonight and are good to go tomorrow
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning all, no snow for us and pretty happy about it.Of course there goes my chances of a snow day. We did get to walk this morning we actually walked farther than we normally do I already have in 9000 steps pretty good for a Monday since I didn't do too much yesterday only made it to like 6000 but I am good with that .Vix sounds like you had a good time at the winery never been to one but it would probably would be a waste since I don't drink wine. Jo I thought you were going to start taking Sundays off. I know I enjoy having the weekends off well gotta go to work and I am looking forward to see what the Dr has to say have a nice day
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    We have about 2 inches of snow so far and it is still coming down.
    Irene-Sorry about you not getting a snow day, but happy that you didn't get any snow. Once the snow stops later today it is supposed to get up into the 40's, so I don't think it will stick around very long.
    Irene-I am taking Sundays off from work, but still have to work around the house. I am usually too tired during the week to do much.
    Vix-I hope you got a better nights sleep last night.
    I have to go to the dentist this afternoon. I either lost part of a filing or chipped a piece off of my tooth.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Hi all,
    I just got in from cleaning off my car. The snow is starting to taper off. I had a little girl come to the door asking if she could shovel my driveway. I said yes and gave her $10.00. :)
  • eku0
    hi.
    Good luck with your tooth, Jo! Hope the snow is pretty and doesn't hang around for you very long. ;)
    Irene, the wineries give you small tastes...it's fun. I don't like all of them. :smiley:
    Roger, hope you start sleeping better too. That's a lot of walking! :)
    We have sunshine today! Yay!
    Wishing you all a good day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out the door before 8 as the forecast of snow was more or less a non starter in my area. There was a little on the parked cars in the driveways and street and in the grass of the lawns. The sidewalks and street were a little wet but that was it. It was 33 degrees outside but with no wind it was not a bad walk.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    Good morning;
    We have about 2 inches of snow so far and it is still coming down.
    Irene-Sorry about you not getting a snow day, but happy that you didn't get any snow. Once the snow stops later today it is supposed to get up into the 40's, so I don't think it will stick around very long.
    Irene-I am taking Sundays off from work, but still have to work around the house. I am usually too tired during the week to do much.
    Vix-I hope you got a better nights sleep last night.
    I have to go to the dentist this afternoon. I either lost part of a filing or chipped a piece off of my tooth.
    Enjoy your day! :)
    Hi all,
    I just got in from cleaning off my car. The snow is starting to taper off. I had a little girl come to the door asking if she could shovel my driveway. I said yes and gave her $10.00. :)

Hi Joanne
    I am sorry to hear about Your tooth problem. I have had that happen in the past, I was not happy paying to have it fixed either.

On the better side of things Your snow is ending and should clear off quickly at this time of year.

Good Luck at the Dentist
    Roger
    good morning all, no snow for us and pretty happy about it.Of course there goes my chances of a snow day. We did get to walk this morning we actually walked farther than we normally do I already have in 9000 steps pretty good for a Monday since I didn't do too much yesterday only made it to like 6000 but I am good with that .Vix sounds like you had a good time at the winery never been to one but it would probably would be a waste since I don't drink wine. Jo I thought you were going to start taking Sundays off. I know I enjoy having the weekends off well gotta go to work and I am looking forward to see what the Dr has to say have a nice day

Hi Irene
    I agree it was a good morning with no real snow accumulation :)
    Congratulations on the extended walking today, I am heading back out after I finish this and have my NS Craving Crusher Shack as a mid-morning snack. If anybody notices the time on this My mid morning is noon, breakfast is 9:30, Lunch is 2:30 and my afternoon snack is 5PM with Dinner at 7:30. I start my eating late after I walk, I do start the day with the Banana portion of my breakfast before walking however.

Good Luck at the Doctors
    Roger
    hi.
    Good luck with your tooth, Jo! Hope the snow is pretty and doesn't hang around for you very long. ;)
    Irene, the wineries give you small tastes...it's fun. I don't like all of them. :smiley:
    Roger, hope you start sleeping better too. That's a lot of walking! :)
    We have sunshine today! Yay!
    Wishing you all a good day. :)

Hi Vix
    I wish I had slept better last night, I was up every hour, You would have though I had taken a water pill, but of course I do not. TMI?

The Sun is shining and it has warmed up beautifully too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well today I go to the Dr hopefully he can help me the pain is really hard to handle especially since I stand for 10 hours I don't like taking 4 aleve a day which is what the Dr told me I will find out soon enough my apt is for 7:45 so then I can go to work after. We got our walk in Annie has started to extend her walk we were out longer again today extra 10 minutes oh well I can always use the steps right now I have in 8903 steps getting to my goal of 1000 should be easy.Roger sorry you are having a problem sleeping I think the older we get the harder it is to sleep. Jo I wasn't sure if you started your new shifts yet.good luck at the dentist. Eek what do you have planned for today? you always seem to be doing the coolest things. Found 1 cent today
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Irene...good luck with the Dr. I hope he can make you feel better. :) You're doing great with the walking, especially with a painful knee!
    Roger, hubs has the same issues. I'm usually only up once during the night, but it definitely disturbs my sleep. Also hubs up and down and snoring isn't helpful...the things we do for love. :wink:
    Jo, hope all went well with your dentist visit.
    I have clay co-op today, then I want to stop at Bed Bath and Beyond. I have a really cool spice storage that my son admired. His birthday is coming up and as I had no idea what to get him, I will get him one of those, plus we'll be taking him out to dinner. I hope I can think of something else to get for him. :)
    There was frost here this morning, and so far it's all overcast, supposed to go up to the 50s, but for now, cold and gray.
    Hope you all enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    7.6K steps so far for the day. It was 31 degrees this morning, hard to believe it is supposed to be 60 as a high. The Sun is shining and there was nearly no breeze so it was a nice walk.

Nothing much planned for later on today. Currently as I type this I am converting some Phonograph records into Digital format on the computer and plan to see what ones I want to do next. Also I can capture some videos into the other computer at the same time :) Currently capturing is a Petula Clark record, Maybe I will dig out the Old Time Radio Show records I bought years ago and capture them next to listen to when I walk, Or maybe the Glenn Miller Albums. Hard to decide, It may come down to what I dig out of the basement first.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    good morning, well today I go to the Dr hopefully he can help me the pain is really hard to handle especially since I stand for 10 hours I don't like taking 4 aleve a day which is what the Dr told me I will find out soon enough my apt is for 7:45 so then I can go to work after. We got our walk in Annie has started to extend her walk we were out longer again today extra 10 minutes oh well I can always use the steps right now I have in 8903 steps getting to my goal of 1000 should be easy.Roger sorry you are having a problem sleeping I think the older we get the harder it is to sleep. Jo I wasn't sure if you started your new shifts yet.good luck at the dentist. Eek what do you have planned for today? you always seem to be doing the coolest things. Found 1 cent today

Hi Irene
    I do not like taking too many NSAIDs either, I got into intestinal trouble when I was taking too many for an inflamed joint in the hand. Ever since then the most I take is two Asprin or other NSAIDs.

Congratulations on getting that many steps in especially with a bum knee!
    You are ahead of me for the week already in finding money, I have not found one single solitary cent so far this week :(

Good Luck at the Doctors, I hope he can help
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Irene...good luck with the Dr. I hope he can make you feel better. :) You're doing great with the walking, especially with a painful knee!
    Roger, hubs has the same issues. I'm usually only up once during the night, but it definitely disturbs my sleep. Also hubs up and down and snoring isn't helpful...the things we do for love. :wink:
    Jo, hope all went well with your dentist visit.
    I have clay co-op today, then I want to stop at Bed Bath and Beyond. I have a really cool spice storage that my son admired. His birthday is coming up and as I had no idea what to get him, I will get him one of those, plus we'll be taking him out to dinner. I hope I can think of something else to get for him. :)
    There was frost here this morning, and so far it's all overcast, supposed to go up to the 50s, but for now, cold and gray.
    Hope you all enjoy your day. :)

Hi Vix
    I guess I am lucky that I do not snore, I might wake myself up with that.

The getting up and down would not be so bad if I could fall asleep quickly afterwards. We always use the coupons that BB&B mails us, some for 20% off or the $5 off depending on which one saves us the most money. Strangely to me they will take multiple coupons, even ones that are expired :)

It was showing 31 degrees this morning, OTOH I did not see any frost.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    The snow is almost gone.
    Irene-great job getting in your walks, even with a painful knee.
    Vix-When is your son's birthday? My son will be 29 on Thursday.
    Roger-How is the sound quality when converting the records?
    I have a plastic lunch bag in my glove compartment that I keep all my BB&B coupons in. They always take expired coupons.
    My dentist visit went well. He just smoothed the rough spot on my tooth and no charge. :)
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    Hi, I always carry the BB&B coupons too. I'm glad they take the expired ones. :)
    Jo, my son will be 28 next Tuesday, our sons are just a year and 5 days apart. :) Glad your tooth was an easy fix.
    The sun came out and it warmed up a little bit. Nothing else planned for today. Just hanging out, maybe do some reading.
    Have a good night everyone. :)