Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning.
    Chilly this morning, but it's supposed to be sunny today.
    I have a backpack I got for free joining the Sierra club a few years back....it has 2 pockets on front and one bigger one on the back. I use it when I travel. Good for carrying books and incidentals with me on the airplane, fits right under the seat. :)
    Off to body flow class this morning, then a follow up with my GP this afternoon, make sure the infection is cleared up.
    Have a grat day, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, Vix if I wanted to I could of went to see the Dr in another town they have like 4 offices different days but I really don't want to travel besides it is just next week I waited this long I can wait another week. My knee does hurt all the time I have used cold and hot compresses the pain meds really aren't working so I just put the different compresses on .
  • IreneMurman
    found 2 pennies today
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was down around 40 when I started out the door + 7.2K steps. By the time I got home I was feeling a little warm and had unzipped the Hoodie. No Rain in the forecast for until next Tuesday unless there is a change.

I did get a email with a tracking number that said my NS shipment had shipped, specifically it said "Good news! The ready-to-go portion of your Nutrisystem order is on its way and will soon arrive"
    I am guessing that since the tracking number is not active yet that it should come tomorrow as this email is time stamped 8AM :)

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger

P.S. I did it again, I clicked Awesome as if it were quote, I really need to get used to how things have shifted :)
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Chilly this morning, but it's supposed to be sunny today.
    I have a backpack I got for free joining the Sierra club a few years back....it has 2 pockets on front and one bigger one on the back. I use it when I travel. Good for carrying books and incidentals with me on the airplane, fits right under the seat. :)
    Off to body flow class this morning, then a follow up with my GP this afternoon, make sure the infection is cleared up.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It is very hard to beat free! This backpack has a mesh pockets on each side however they are only large enough to hold a 1/2 liter water bottle or a can of beverage.

I have been given a backpack I can use if I want it, it has tones of smaller pockets, however only one large pocket instead of two like the cheap one. I may have to change as the cheap one has developed a bad seam I may have to try and sew by hand.

Good Luck at Your GP
    Roger
    good morning, Vix if I wanted to I could of went to see the Dr in another town they have like 4 offices different days but I really don't want to travel besides it is just next week I waited this long I can wait another week. My knee does hurt all the time I have used cold and hot compresses the pain meds really aren't working so I just put the different compresses on .
    found 2 pennies today

Hi Irene
    You are ahead of me for finding money this week.

Just curious, what pain medications did they give You? I know that some people have been given some really strong ones from Pills to a patch that You can wear for 12 hours per day.

I hope You get some relief soon.
    Roger
  • eku0
    wednesday_happy-626f7bbebb24209ea39f916d6ce289b7.jpg
    haha...awesome is good. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Sunny and 54 degrees.
    Vix-I hope you get good news at the dr.
    I use my backpack for travel or if we go to the flea market.
    Enjoy the rest of the day. :)

• eku0
    Thanks, Jo. Sunny here too. :)
    Doc said the infection's gone, may have picked up a little virus...no meds needed. Had a good talk.
    Enjoy the rest of your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Sunny and 54 degrees.
    Vix-I hope you get good news at the dr.
    I use my backpack for travel or if we go to the flea market.
    Enjoy the rest of the day. :)
    Hi Joanne
    I only bought this one to see how it worked to pick things up at the store when I am walking, hence my buying the cheapest one I could find. I am using it at the grocery store, Dollar store and produce store.

I took it today, turned it inside out, found a carpet needle and some thick thread and sewed the seam that was starting to open. It isn't a pretty job since I am no seamstress :)

While I was at it I folded the waistband on the Elastic waist shorts I wear around the house and took about two inches off the waist that way. I knew it was time when they fell down in the kitchen today. My weight is holding steady but the waist is slowly shrinking. I believe they call that Recomp here on MFP.

Cheers
    Roger
    Thanks, Jo. Sunny here too. :)
    Doc said the infection's gone, may have picked up a little virus...no meds needed. Had a good talk.
    Enjoy the rest of your day. :)

Hi Vix
    I did not look at the temperature gauge however I went outside into the back yard and it was a nice afternoon. I chatted with my brother while he planted the rest of the onion plants, he started while I was eating my lunch.

He has also started the process to turn a corned beef into Pastrami and will cook it Friday.

Good news as regards the infection for You, Yea!

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning....looks like a nice sunny day, still a little chilly, but I kind of like it a little chilly. :)
    Painting class this morning.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was warm enough when I started out the door, then the Sun went behind some clouds and it was chilly for most of the walk, I ended up under-dressed somewhat due to the warmth of the Sun when I started.

No Rain in the forecast until at least next week at some point, that means I need to get out and water the newly planted plants. The Blackberry bush is showing some growth as is one of the 10 Raspberry plants. Nothing on the rest of them or the Trees yet. Fingers Crossed.

Tracking shows 6:55 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery for my NS Ready To Go foods. Whee, I guess I know what I'll be doing later, checking it for shortages.

Have a Really Nice Day
    Roger
    Good morning....looks like a nice sunny day, still a little chilly, but I kind of like it a little chilly. :)
    Painting class this morning.
    Enjoy your day! :)

Hi Vix
    It sounds as if You have slightly better weather than I do:)

Enjoy Your Painting Class, Beyond receiving my Shipment of food today and checking it I have nothing on my agenda.

Have a Enjoyable Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, didn't go for my walk yet I actually sleep in this morning I had a hard time falling asleep so George took Annie by his self but now I need to get out there and get some steps in , knee is been hurting so I probably won't be doing much.Vix glad to hear your virus is gone . It looks like a nice day out side
  • RogerToo
    good morning, didn't go for my walk yet I actually sleep in this morning I had a hard time falling asleep so George took Annie by his self but now I need to get out there and get some steps in , knee is been hurting so I probably won't be doing much.Vix glad to hear your virus is gone . It looks like a nice day out side

Hi Irene
    I sort of wish I had been able to sleep in as I know I will be tired early tonight, However it is what it is.

It is a nice day outside especially once it warms up.

Good Luck with the Knee Pain
    Roger
  • eku0
    I sort of felt like sleeping in this morning too. Have been really tired lately, but places to go and things to do!
    Irene....hope your knee starts feeling better...good luck with the doc next week. :)
    Roger, it's nice out, but a little chillier than it looks. I'm still wearing a light jacket and gloves.
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    I hope everyone had a good day.
    I worked, then went to visit my sister. She has been having some health issues. I did a few things for her around the house, washed her hair and made her dinner. So it has been a long day. I will probably be going to bed soon. I have to be in work at 5am tomorrow.
    Vix-glad the infection is cleared up.
    Roger-Will your raspberry and blackberry bushes produce fruit this year?
    Irene-I hope you were able to get your walk in without too much pain.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning , today I have some running around to do it is food shopping and maybe I will stop in at Kohl's don't need any thing but just to give me something to do starting to get bored not to much I can do with this knee . It looks like it is going to be a nice day so maybe later I will sit on the deck take care hope everyone has a nice day
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Back from zumba. It does look like it's going to be a beautiful day.
    Healthy vibes sent out to your sister, Jo. Be sure to take some time for yourself.
    Irene, sounds like you have a good plan for today. Sometimes it's really good to just slow down.
    Roger, looks like a great day for a walk.
    I'm glad we have hot water again!
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    8300 steps so far, I picked up my coffee, cashed a check and Bought Fuji Apples at the grocery Store. The weather seems to be slightly warmer today compared to Yesterday. I am still listening to Boston Blackie while walking. I dug out so more records to convert through the computer, Mainly Old Time Radio Shows.

Link of the Day
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0CZB_DUzE

I suspect I will be getting the Frozen portion of my NS order later today. I go the call saying it will be delivered in the next three days, only once have I had the call and it did not come later that day.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    I sort of felt like sleeping in this morning too. Have been really tired lately, but places to go and things to do!
    Irene....hope your knee starts feeling better...good luck with the doc next week. :)
    Roger, it's nice out, but a little chillier than it looks. I'm still wearing a light jacket and gloves.

Hi Vix
    I think that Irenes Knee pain is catching, My right knee was bothering me earlier. I have rubbed some Grace harbor MSM Cream on it and that seems to be helping. It was a suggestion from my sister to my brother for pain. It seems to moisturize my hands too FWIW.

I Was wearing a Light flannel jacket and thin gloves for Thursday and Fridays walk.
    Good morning.
    Back from zumba. It does look like it's going to be a beautiful day.
    Healthy vibes sent out to your sister, Jo. Be sure to take some time for yourself.
    Irene, sounds like you have a good plan for today. Sometimes it's really good to just slow down.
    Roger, looks like a great day for a walk.
    I'm glad we have hot water again!
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)

I Know You must be happy to have hot water, was it just the fan that was the problem?

You must have gone out early for the Zumba :)

It was a beautiful day out and the next few days look even better.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Good evening;
    I hope everyone had a good day.
    I worked, then went to visit my sister. She has been having some health issues. I did a few things for her around the house, washed her hair and made her dinner. So it has been a long day. I will probably be going to bed soon. I have to be in work at 5am tomorrow.
    Vix-glad the infection is cleared up.
    Roger-Will your raspberry and blackberry bushes produce fruit this year?
    Irene-I hope you were able to get your walk in without too much pain.
    Have a great evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    The Jung website said that the Raspberry bushes might produce a light crop, If so I suspect it will be the later fruiting ones, I planted two types that have a staggered season. A couple of the Raspberry bushes are starting to show leaves, the Blackberry bush and one of the Apple trees are also starting to show small leaves.

I used to work night shift when I could. We used to bid on days off, what shift and vacation times by seniority when I was working a Union Job. I liked nights I would leave the house midnight to 3AM depending and be heading home anywhere from 9AM to 3PM. I managed to avoid the NJ rush hour traffic that way, Not to mention no Owners around :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    good morning , today I have some running around to do it is food shopping and maybe I will stop in at Kohl's don't need any thing but just to give me something to do starting to get bored not to much I can do with this knee . It looks like it is going to be a nice day so maybe later I will sit on the deck take care hope everyone has a nice day

Hi Irene
    Tomorrow I will head to the Acme or ShopRite for some things. Bottled water since the city water is Bleh at best. Maybe Frozen vegetables and Bananas too.

Enjoy Your Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-I am glad you have hot water again.
    Roger-thanks for the songs. I sang right along with them. :)
    I like going in to work a5am then I get out at 1 and have the rest of the day to myself.
    Irene-I hope you were able to sit on your deck and enjoy this beautiful day.
    I just got back from grocery shopping, everything is put away and now I am going to relax for a while.. that is until the laundry is finished washing and drying.
    Enjoy the rest of the day and have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Roger, loved the Disney medley....that's amazing all without instruments, just voices...beautiful. :)
    Yes, it was just the fan on the heater that was broken....took him about 10 minutes to fix it once they had the part. And yes, it's wonderful to have hot water. We are so spoiled!
    It is a beautiful day outside. We went to the mall, not that I needed anything. My husband needed a pair of shoe inserts for the ball of his foot, so we went to DSW. I had a $10 off credit and found a pair of Guess booties that were 80% off! We got the inserts and the boots for under $10! Now that's a bargain....I will put them away for next winter. :)
    Irene, Jo, and Roger...hope you're all getting a chance to relax and enjoy the weather. :)
  • RogerToo
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-I am glad you have hot water again.
    Roger-thanks for the songs. I sang right along with them. :)
    I like going in to work a5am then I get out at 1 and have the rest of the day to myself.
    Irene-I hope you were able to sit on your deck and enjoy this beautiful day.
    I just got back from grocery shopping, everything is put away and now I am going to relax for a while.. that is until the laundry is finished washing and drying.
    Enjoy the rest of the day and have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I am happy that You & Vix liked the song.

My Frozen NS order arrived around 1:30PM and was checked in and put away by 2PM :)
    One shortage between the Shelf Stable & the Frozen and it was a Thick French Toast and the One wrong item was the wrong bear. I know they will not replace the one frozen with another frozen, sigh....

Nice to be home from work early in the day isn't it.

Laundry tomorrow I suspect. It is at the point of needing doing.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
    Roger, loved the Disney medley....that's amazing all without instruments, just voices...beautiful. :)
    Yes, it was just the fan on the heater that was broken....took him about 10 minutes to fix it once they had the part. And yes, it's wonderful to have hot water. We are so spoiled!
    It is a beautiful day outside. We went to the mall, not that I needed anything. My husband needed a pair of shoe inserts for the ball of his foot, so we went to DSW. I had a $10 off credit and found a pair of Guess booties that were 80% off! We got the inserts and the boots for under $10! Now that's a bargain....I will put them away for next winter. :)
    Irene, Jo, and Roger...hope you're all getting a chance to relax and enjoy the weather. :)

Hi Vix
    I remember that song from watching Dumbo on the old Sunday Disney show. I think it was "The Wonderful World of Disney" ?

I Agree, the singers do a great job Acapella, there some other tunes on the YouTube page too.

Better to only have cold water than be gassed with Carbon Monoxide :)

It sounds as if You had a productive day at the Mall too.

Enjoy the Evening
    Roger