Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning.
    Roger, I listened to some of the other videos. Their voices are so wonderful, sounds like a full orchestra. :)
    It's frosty this morning, but supposed to go up to 70 today. I'm hoping to get to the park for a walk. Seems like a perfect day.
    I've kind of let my physical therapy exercises slide, so I want to get back into that today too. I think it really helps.
    Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi
    Hi
    Another Day another walk 9.2K Steps, I think I forgot to mention I did find a badly corroded penny Thursday & Friday. I wasn't sure what I had Until I scrubbed them :)

With stops at the drugstore, Acme, and Gas Station, Gas station for the car and Tiller + Mower, That makes $60 and change spent. Acme for some frozen breakfast Entrees that are on sale at $2.49 or Buy for and pay $1.99 each. Then a Coupon for $2 off of 6 that I can use next visit. If I make that visit by Thursday I can get 6 at $1.99 each and then take an additional $2 off making it basically 6 for $10.

Does that make me cheap or frugal? :)
    Right now I am listening to Boston Blackie while walking with more of them to go and sitting here a Capture of a Old Time Radio Record of the Andrews Sisters Radio Show. The one I am listening to is from during the War years. Bing Crosby & Gabby Hayes.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger, I think I forgot to mention I did find a badly corroded penny Thursday & Friday. I wasn't sure what I had Until I scrubbed them :)

With stops at the drugstore, Acme, and Gas Station, Gas station for the car and Tiller + Mower, That makes $60 and change spent. Acme for some frozen breakfast Entrees that are on sale at $2.49 or Buy for and pay $1.99 each. Then a Coupon for $2 off of 6 that I can use next visit. If I make that visit by Thursday I can get 6 at $1.99 each and then take an additional $2 off making it basically 6 for $10.

Does that make me cheap or frugal? :)
    Right now I am listening to Boston Blackie while walking with more of them to go and sitting here a Capture of a Old Time Radio Record of the Andrews Sisters Radio Show. The one I am listening to is from during the War years. Bing Crosby & Gabby Hayes.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Roger, I listened to some of the other videos. Their voices are so wonderful, sounds like a full orchestra. :)
    It's frosty this morning, but supposed to go up to 70 today. I'm hoping to get to the park for a walk. Seems like a perfect day.
    I've kind of let my physical therapy exercises slide, so I want to get back into that today too. I think it really helps.
    Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I am a little surprised it is frosty by You, It was in the lower 40s here when I went out the door at 7:25AM.

We only go up to the 60s today, 70s on Sunday & Monday with a chance of rain Tuesday.

Good Luck with the PT
    Roger
  • eku0
    It went up to about 70....beautiful day, walked in the park and did a tiny bit of work in the garden. Going to relax the rest of the day away. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    It was sunny but windy and chilly. I am hoping tomorrow is a better day. I want to start working in my flower beds.
    We were going to cook steaks on the grill for dinner, but it is just too windy, so under the broiler they will go.
    Monday is a holiday for us, Patriots day or as us Bostonians call it Marathon Monday. It is also April school vacation, so traffic this coming week should be a lot less.
    Have a nice night. :)
  • RogerToo
    It went up to about 70....beautiful day, walked in the park and did a tiny bit of work in the garden. Going to relax the rest of the day away. :)

Hi Vix
    It was a beautiful day here too.
    I got a few things done, I thought I had finished vacuuming the Living room and then noticed I had missed a Lampshade and the Wine rack. I did get the laundry washed and folded however.

Then later I tried my brothers experimental bread and loaf. The Loaf was a Fruitcake recipe with Mince meat filling instead of the fruits, Not to bad. The Bread was a modified Irish Soda Bread with Sugar and yeast, still came out sort of dense and so-so. OTOH his Homemade Baked Beans and The Homemade Pastrami came out excellent as usual.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    It was sunny but windy and chilly. I am hoping tomorrow is a better day. I want to start working in my flower beds.
    We were going to cook steaks on the grill for dinner, but it is just too windy, so under the broiler they will go.
    Monday is a holiday for us, Patriots day or as us Bostonians call it Marathon Monday. It is also April school vacation, so traffic this coming week should be a lot less.
    Have a nice night. :)

Hi Joanne
    No Breeze here, just as well in some ways.

I seem to remember that is also why Tax day is Tuesday for Your Area, The Holiday.

Enjoy the Evening
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    The sun is shining and it is shaping up to be a beautiful day. Right now it is 29 and should get up into the 60's.
    This morning I have cleaned out my kitchen cabinets and put new shelf paper down and made muffins for hubby.
    Since losing one cabinet in the kitchen when we put the new larger window in,everything that was in that cabinet was crammed into all the others, boy were they a mess. Now everything is neat and organized. :)
    Have a great day. :)

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I had a good walk, 7900 steps + 20 Cents :) It was in the 40s when I started out and I took of the light jacket on the return leg as I was getting too warm under it.

The new Carburetor for the Lawn Mower was delivered yesterday so that is next on the agenda after Breakfast. The Cost for a new one was the same as the parts to rebuild the old one. Darned things are plastic. The Tiller Carb was worth rebuilding so that is what we did with it.

Grass needs to be shortened so the question is see if the mower will run first, The main problem is hard starting or change it first. Decisions, decisions :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    The sun is shining and it is shaping up to be a beautiful day. Right now it is 29 and should get up into the 60's.
    This morning I have cleaned out my kitchen cabinets and put new shelf paper down and made muffins for hubby.
    Since losing one cabinet in the kitchen when we put the new larger window in,everything that was in that cabinet was crammed into all the others, boy were they a mess. Now everything is neat and organized. :)
    Have a great day. :)
    Hi Joanne
    My Brother was digging in a cabinet looking for a certain spice and hiding on the top shelf was a battery powered can opener, never used from who knows how long ago. With batteries it does run so I'll give it a try just for the heck of it. We do have a manual one that is pretty easy to use as is.

You are making me feel lazy, so far all I did was walk and think about breakfast. I still need to call NS regarding the Wrong bear and missing Frozen breakfast too, No procrastination there since it arrived Thursday for the bear and Friday for the Breakfast :)

Have a Really Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Jo, you are always so productive! And Roger, out with your walk already. haha....I just did some sudokus while sipping coffee. :) Slowly easing into the day.
    Irene, hope you are resting your knee or at least taking it easy.
    Nothing planned for today, but it's sunny and supposed to get up to 75, so I'm sure we'll find something to do outside.
    Enjoy the beautiful weather. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2016
    Good morning!
    Jo, you are always so productive! And Roger, out with your walk already. haha....I just did some sudokus while sipping coffee. :) Slowly easing into the day.
    Irene, hope you are resting your knee or at least taking it easy.
    Nothing planned for today, but it's sunny and supposed to get up to 75, so I'm sure we'll find something to do outside.
    Enjoy the beautiful weather. :)

Hi Vix
    The new Carburetor for the Lawn Mower is now installed and operating. I just Mowed the Front & Side Grass. Between the Mowing and the Quick trip through the Acme I am now over 11,000 steps. Since my goal per day is an average of 10K steps I am now banking steps for the rest of the week :)

Sudokus? That does not sound as if it is Physical Exercise, OTOH exercising the Brain is a worthwhile exercise too.

I did find something to do outside :)

FWIW the Acme here has the Refreshe Brand Spring water for $1.99 per case of 24 with a case limit of 2, Two days of trips for things and I am up to 4 cases this weekend.

Also the Acme has their Donuts at 69cents each, cheapest price in town. Now If we could only eat them :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Sudokus are number puzzles...yes, good for the brain. :)
    I just did my PT exercises, so getting back into that. Will get out somewhere in a little while, went out in the yard to look at flowers. :)
    Congrats on installing the carburetor!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    hi all , having problems with our internet so if I don,t get back on that is why verizon comes tuesday morning to fix it haven't been walking much it just hurts to much
  • RogerToo
    Sudokus are number puzzles...yes, good for the brain. :)
    I just did my PT exercises, so getting back into that. Will get out somewhere in a little while, went out in the yard to look at flowers. :)
    Congrats on installing the carburetor!

Hi Vix
    If I said I took the easy route since I did not have a manual and viewed a YouTube video. It is actually easy on the mower. Remove two bolts and one linkage and the gas tank with carburetor come off as an assembly. The new Carburetor had all the required gaskets. I only needed one 1/4" Socket set and a combo screwdriver. Need a good laugh, last year a local lawnmower shop quoted near $100 to do that :) My Cost $22 in parts and that was taking the lazy way out with a new one versus parts.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    hi all , having problems with our internet so if I don,t get back on that is why verizon comes tuesday morning to fix it haven't been walking much it just hurts to much

Hi Irene
    Around here Verizon has been pushing Fios, how has Your experience with them been as far as getting them out for the repair? Did You ask for a credit? The last two years any troubles with my Cable internet have mostly only need pulling the power from the modem & the router to reset them.

I am sorry to hear Your Knee is hurting that bad.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we actually have fios it is the battery that needs to be replaced and the router turned back on since my husband is IT he fixed so we have internet and tv tomorrow they come and fix it , it broke saturday but with the strike it is taking a little longer. I stopped walking in the morning an hour is too much on my knee I will just try and walk a half hour I will see if that helps.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I found one penny on today's walk, it was warmer than yesterday and I was overdressed despite wearing one layer less. Today is forecast to be in the high 70s to 80 degrees :) It seems early to me for these temperatures here in NJ, I could also be wrong.

I changed the carburetor yesterday morning, then I mowed the front and side lawns, the back grass did not really need it.

I watered the garden too. Two of the three Apple trees have started to leaf out as have more of the Raspberry plants. The Onion plants are growing pretty good too.

Have a Good Upcoming Week
    Roger
    good morning, we actually have fios it is the battery that needs to be replaced and the router turned back on since my husband is IT he fixed so we have internet and tv tomorrow they come and fix it , it broke Saturday but with the strike it is taking a little longer. I stopped walking in the morning an hour is too much on my knee I will just try and walk a half hour I will see if that helps.

Hi Irene
    The Fios advertised prices are tempting, however the changing of email addresses everywhere is holding me back form a change. Plus My brother and I do watch News12 and I do not think that Fios has News12.

Funny, I thought that the Battery was to keep the phone running in case of a power outage. The Cable company has a system that does that if You get their phone service.

At least Your Husband was able to get You up and running.

Good Luck with the Knee
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Roger-Isn't it amazing the money you can save doing your own repairs. My daughter just got an estimate for brakes on her VW Jetta. The quote was $1,500. My hubby is going to order the parts and replacement them for her.
    Vix-I went out and looked at my yard and decided I needed some color. So after work this morning I stopped at home depot and bought some plants for the yard. I am going out it a little while to plant them. I also bought a basket of pansies for the front steps.
    Irene-It was good that your hubby was able to get your TV working. I just passed a Verizon store with a lot of people walking the picket line. I hope you get some relief from you knee pain soon.
    Enjoy the day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne
    I like saving money... If I can do it I go ahead and do it, usually I can save money that way.

A neighbor dropped of a couple of pansies when they picked up some of the Onion plants my brother offered them. So we have them blooming on each side of the front steps, Grape Hyacinths, Violets in the lawn and the early variety of Bleeding hearts right now.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning, back from yoga. Another beautiful sunny day, supposed to get really warm here too. Will be going for my massage in a little while.
    Roger, always good to be handy....my dad was like that, he could fix anything. :)
    Jo, my husband bought and planted gladiolas yesterday. Right now we still have our grape hyacinths blooming and a bush with white flowers and some anemones and some creeping flox. Oh, and the white dogwood out front is starting to bloom. I really like flowers! I'm sure you'll enjoy all your color! :)
    Irene, hope your knee starts feeling better, a short slow walk is probably better. :)
    Have a great day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    It sounds as if You have had a good day today.

I like Gladiolas, it is just a shame they only get one flower spike per plant. We still need plant the Jerusalem Artichokes and some seeds. The Seed company sent some flower seed sample packets in the order. This is a great time of the year, usually not too cold to too hot.

I turned on the Living Room Wall AC as the room was getting warm 80 at degrees.

Have a Good Afternoon.
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I opened all the windows yesterday and aired out the house.
    I started to dig a hole yesterday to plant and discovered that I had hostas starting to come up. I had forgotten that I had planted them last year.
    Off to get ready for work.
    Have a good day. :)

• IreneMurman
    good morning,Verizon actually called and came yesterday they had to replace the whole box so now we have a whole new box they don't replace battery's any more don't really care as long as I have all my stuff up and running.