Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning!
    Glad your electronics are back, Irene... :)
    Jo, always nice to be surprised by things you've already planted. Pete put a bunch of seeds in the other day too, and another spreading juniper near the drain area, so he doesn't have to mow so much on tilt. :) Have a good day at work.
    Roger, sounds like you're going to have a great garden...lots of organic veggies and pretty flowers. :)
    Going to clay co-op later this morning, then I start my new pottery wheel class later this afternoon. It will be a long day, but I'm pretty excited about the new class.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    Another day another walk + 25 cents & 8,500 steps.

I have been DVR'ing shows off of the GETTV channel.
    Note that getTV is now available nationwide on DISH channel 373!
    http://www.get.tv/
    About Us
    getTV is Sony Pictures Television’s newest network that shows classic film and television through the 1970’s. Remember back to a time when the West was won, stories were epic, and characters were legends. From the studio that brought you the golden age of the silver screen, comes getTV. Anchored by Sony’s library of over 3,500 films, getTV brings viewers award-winning favorites as well as rare TV series, giving audiences a new way to experience all-time favorites. Get classic. getTV.
    Last Night I finished watching the Crime Doctor Movie I started earlier,
    The Crime Doctor's Warning (1945)
    The Crime Doctor must prove the innocence of an artist accused of murdering his model during one of his blackout spells.
    , then watched part of the Judy Garland TV Show, I also recorded two Dolly TV Shows (Dolly Parton). I am getting it on My Satellite TV System.

For instance in Atalanta it shows Atlanta it on WUVG (Broadcast) 34.3, CHARTER 195. Boston (Manchester) on WUTF (Broadcast) 66.3, CHARTER 187, RCN 70, TIME WARNER CABLE 110/1285, VERIZON FiOS 489.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    I opened all the windows yesterday and aired out the house.
    I started to dig a hole yesterday to plant and discovered that I had hostas starting to come up. I had forgotten that I had planted them last year.
    Off to get ready for work.
    Have a good day. :)
    Hi
    As long as You found them :)

I have been opening the front door onto the enclosed porch and opened the screened window for fresh air here.

Have a Good Day at Work
    Roger
    good morning,Verizon actually called and came yesterday they had to replace the whole box so now we have a whole new box they don't replace battery's any more don't really care as long as I have all my stuff up and running.

Hi Irene
    Just curious, how old was the box, The Batteries should be good for years.
    It seems You got lucky, who knows what effect the strike will have.

Do You still have RFD-TV on Fios? Supposedly they were going to drop it. I do watch that channel for the Tractor Pulls, and Hee Haw and my Brother looks at the farm reports to spot future trends in food prices.

Enjoy the Day.
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    Glad your electronics are back, Irene... :)
    Jo, always nice to be surprised by things you've already planted. Pete put a bunch of seeds in the other day too, and another spreading juniper near the drain area, so he doesn't have to mow so much on tilt. :) Have a good day at work.
    Roger, sounds like you're going to have a great garden...lots of organic veggies and pretty flowers. :)
    Going to clay co-op later this morning, then I start my new pottery wheel class later this afternoon. It will be a long day, but I'm pretty excited about the new class.

Hi Vix
    Nothing wrong with wanting to only mow on the level. It sounds as if Your yard is coming along too.

Have a Good Time at Pottery Class
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good evening;
    Vix-Did you enjoy your new pottery wheel class?
    Roger-I have comcast as my cable provider, I will try and see if I can find GETTV. I love watching shows and movies from the 30's, 40's and 50's.
    Irene-I am glad Verizon came and you are back in business.
    I planted basil, chives and parsley from seed and have it on my kitchen window sill. The parsley and basil are growing great, the chives not so much.
    Have a great evening. :)

• eku0
    Good morning!
    Roger, sounds like you're time traveling with your TV shows and radio! :)
    Jo, I love the old shows from the 30s, 40s and 50s too. :) The pottery class is good. I was just getting the feel for it a little ...it's going to take a while. Also I was really tired and achy afterward. Took 2 Alleve last night. Guess I'm not going to be a potter. :'(;)
    Irene, good luck with your Dr. appt today.
    Another sunshiny day, everyone enjoy!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, Roger not sure if we still get it or not but I do know George was watching Hee Haw not sure i will look into it for you.Thanks Vix my appt is Friday but I will take all the good wishes I can get my knee seems to be not hurting as much as it was but still pain of course I really don't do much pretty much just sitting and watching tv not much more to do.
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2016
    Hi
    I got out walking by 7:25AM, It was a bit chilly outbound and I was thinking maybe I should have added a layer then on the return part of the loop I was thinking I wish I had on less layer, I'm never happy :) I also found 1 whole Chuck E Cheese Token while walking.

I got a few more things done yesterday, We cleaned the refrigerator, and I pulled the gizmo we put the dishes in to drain out of the one side of the sink and cleaned the Sink.

My brother baked a Cheesecake and as the chief taster in residence I know I'll be eating some today.
    zVWhIw.jpg

I turned on the water to start watering the garden on my return from my walk, Currently 5 of the 11 berry plants and two of the 3 Apple trees are leafing out.

I got the Phone call that the replacement item(s) for my missing frozen has shipped. It should arrive today, Whee!

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good evening;
    Vix-Did you enjoy your new pottery wheel class?
    Roger-I have comcast as my cable provider, I will try and see if I can find GETTV. I love watching shows and movies from the 30's, 40's and 50's.
    Irene-I am glad Verizon came and you are back in business.
    I planted basil, chives and parsley from seed and have it on my kitchen window sill. The parsley and basil are growing great, the chives not so much.
    Have a great evening. :)
    Hi Joanne
    I do suggest Using a DVR for their shows, Commercials otherwise. Hopefully it is on Your Cable System. I can tune the local channels from the cable on all but one of my TV sets with now box needed for the locals. That does get me all the subchannels many of which show old TV shows. I will be interested in hearing if You do get the channel on Your cable system.

We did Basil plants from the garden center and from seed planted right in the ground last year, a slight edge in speed to the Basil plants. The Radishes from Seed were fast too. Chives I never tried from seed.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Roger, sounds like you're time traveling with your TV shows and radio! :)
    Jo, I love the old shows from the 30s, 40s and 50s too. :) The pottery class is good. I was just getting the feel for it a little ...it's going to take a while. Also I was really tired and achy afterward. Took 2 Alleve last night. Guess I'm not going to be a potter. :'(;)
    Irene, good luck with your Dr. appt today.
    Another sunshiny day, everyone enjoy!

Hi Vix
    I do tend to listen to Old Time Radio Shows while walking, the TV shows at home on the TV of course. Currently I am working my way through Boston Blackie, However I took a break from that as when I sync the iPod I have to select what to listen to, so I Synced yesterday and today I went to some music as a change, Older tunes of course.

I would think that Pottery could be hard, I would have trouble using a pottery wheel for long periods of time.

Good Luck
    Roger
    good morning, Roger not sure if we still get it or not but I do know George was watching Hee Haw not sure i will look into it for you.Thanks Vix my appt is Friday but I will take all the good wishes I can get my knee seems to be not hurting as much as it was but still pain of course I really don't do much pretty much just sitting and watching tv not much more to do.

Hi Irene
    Not a lot to watch on Daytime TV either IMO :)

If You or don't look into it, I will survive either way.

Good Luck Friday
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-that cheese cakes looks yummy, have a slice for me. :)
    Vix-I would think using the pottery wheel would be hard,just the sitting position and strain on your arms and shoulders. It may take a while to get use to it.
    Irene-Are you call caught up on the soap opera's. ;) I have been watching some daytime TV when I go and visit my sister. I don't know how she can watch some of it. :s
    I came home from work today and had a little nap. I was tired and I am a little achy today.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    My yes, that cheesecake looks yummy. :smiley: Lucky chief taster!
    Aw, hope you feel better, Jo.
    I don't watch daytime TV...once in a while, if I feel like it, I'll just bring up something on demand, rather than watch what they're showing, or I'll watch HGTV or something like that. Most of the shows are really awful!
    As far as the pottery, I will enjoy the class, but there are some things that will bother me. The Alleve helped. :)
    Irene, glad you're feeling a little better....sometimes it's good to just hang out and rest up. :)
    Have a good evening, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, our weather here has been nice yesterday was beautiful I actually had the door to my deck opened . I don't watch soaps probably cause I always worked and just never had the time. I actually dvr a lot of stuff no commericals that way.I got a check from amazon and it was for 39.00 but then they took out the taxes my check was 0 glad I was not counting on the money. I thought I would be going crazy by now just sitting home but it has been nice of course all I am doing is eating and watching tv not much more I can do I will be so happy after we fix this knee of mine. Pottery class does sound like fun. Vix hope you are feeling better
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Going to painting class this morning. :)
    Irene, I know you're going to be so happy when you get your knee taken care of. :)
    I'm off to the rheumatologist this afternoon. I'm kind of nervous because I want to have the discussion about getting off the infusions. Wish me luck. :)
    The weather here has been great too. Yesterday we had the deck door and some windows open. It's healthy to air out the house a bit. :)
    Jo, hope you got your nap yesterday and are feeling better.
    Roger, great mornings for walking! :)
    Have a wonderful day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was Not 100% Wednesday, I had a Chinese Pork Broccoli Lunch Special and My Brothers Home Made Cheesecake for Dessert :blush:

No money found today while walking, It was somewhat colder than yesterday so I wore more layers on the outbound leg, I ended up Shedding on the Inbound leg as it warmed up outside. Nice looking day so far, It is somewhat hard to believe rain is in the forecast for later.

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-that cheese cakes looks yummy, have a slice for me. :)
    Vix-I would think using the pottery wheel would be hard,just the sitting position and strain on your arms and shoulders. It may take a while to get use to it.
    Irene-Are you call caught up on the soap opera's. ;) I have been watching some daytime TV when I go and visit my sister. I don't know how she can watch some of it. :s
    I came home from work today and had a little nap. I was tired and I am a little achy today.

Hi Joanne
    It was tasty, and unfortunately I did have a Slice for You as well as one earlier for me :blush:

However I cured that temptation. I took what was left after my Brother had his and Portioned it into four repurposed Chinese Lunch Special containers and it is now in the freezer waiting until a family friend can come and get them. I may save to for him and drop two off at the Car Repair Shop and that will completely remove the temptation to pull one, defrost it and gobble it down :)

Cheers
    Roger
    good morning, our weather here has been nice yesterday was beautiful I actually had the door to my deck opened . I don't watch soaps probably cause I always worked and just never had the time. I actually dvr a lot of stuff no commericals that way.I got a check from amazon and it was for 39.00 but then they took out the taxes my check was 0 glad I was not counting on the money. I thought I would be going crazy by now just sitting home but it has been nice of course all I am doing is eating and watching tv not much more I can do I will be so happy after we fix this knee of mine. Pottery class does sound like fun. Vix hope you are feeling better

Hi Irene
    NJ weather has been Good lately, I had the Living Room Door open last night to cool it down somewhat. Your reason for using a DVR is the same reason I use one. I actually started with a 40 hour Tivo and then when the Satellite Company came out with one that had a DVR integrated with the Satellite receiver I jumped on that and picked up two of them. That would have been around 1999 when Dishnetwork introduced its Dishplayer 7100 the first offering by a Satellite TV company.

Good Luck at the Doctors Tomorrow
    Roger
    My yes, that cheesecake looks yummy. :smiley: Lucky chief taster!
    Aw, hope you feel better, Jo.
    I don't watch daytime TV...once in a while, if I feel like it, I'll just bring up something on demand, rather than watch what they're showing, or I'll watch HGTV or something like that. Most of the shows are really awful!
    As far as the pottery, I will enjoy the class, but there are some things that will bother me. The Alleve helped. :)
    Irene, glad you're feeling a little better....sometimes it's good to just hang out and rest up. :)
    Have a good evening, everyone. :)
    Good morning!
    Going to painting class this morning. :)
    Irene, I know you're going to be so happy when you get your knee taken care of. :)
    I'm off to the rheumatologist this afternoon. I'm kind of nervous because I want to have the discussion about getting off the infusions. Wish me luck. :)
    The weather here has been great too. Yesterday we had the deck door and some windows open. It's healthy to air out the house a bit. :)
    Jo, hope you got your nap yesterday and are feeling better.
    Roger, great mornings for walking! :)
    Have a wonderful day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Being chief taster has its drawbacks too. When it does taste good it is hard to not overeat it. I did manage to avoid the Home Made Baked Beans he made recently however.

Good Luck with the rheumatologist this afternoon.
    I can not see any reason to stay on the infusions if they are not helping.

Enjoy the painting class
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Irene-good luck at the dr. tomorrow.
    Vix-I did have a nap, but I still went to bed early. I hope you had good luck at the rheumatologist.
    Roger-Thank you for eating those cheesecake calories for me. :)
    After work I took the cats out in the yard for a little while. They were meowing at the door and driving me crazy.
    They both have harnesses and leashes, but want to go in different directions. Before we had the house sided we had a run that I would clip them to. I don't want to attach anything to the siding, so am still figuring out what to do.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,Vix good luck at the rheumatologist today I am sure once you tell him they are not working they will stop. Well kinda nervous about going to the drs hopefully what ever is wrong will show up on the mri of course on the other end is I hope it is something serous oh well my apt is 9 so at least I don't have to wait too long. Now if that cheese cake was in my house I would of eatin the whole thing well take care all
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Good luck at the Doctor today, Irene!
    Jo, hope you feel rested today. :)
    Roger, I definitely would have had some of that cheesecake! Would be hard to part with it and not save some for another day. :blush:
    I am at least temporarily off medication. Did not get an infusion yesterday, and have an appt to go back in 2 months....I can go earlier if I feel really bad. So, that's kind of a relief for me. The Doc agreed that maybe I should try going off for a while.
    Going off red meat and alcohol for at least the next 21 days, and will try to find grass-fed, no hormone other meat, wild caught fish, and organic eggs.
    Looks like rain here.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I dropped off two wedges of the Home made Cheesecake and a couple of other things to get rid of temptation at friends. All that is left of the Cheesecake is two wedges in the freezer awaiting a friend to drop by for them. Since they are earmarked they are safe :)

I stopped by the Grocery Store on the way home 9600+ Steps, I picked up a three pound bag of "Seedless Candy Mandy brand Clementines, Three Bananas since with the warmer weather they are ripening quicker, Fuji & Red Delicious (On Sale) Apples for my SmartCarbs.

It was T-Shirt Weather today, 60 degrees at 7:30AM. My Brother said I was overdressed due to the long pants :)

I had mentioned corroded coins I found on my walks, Today was no exception, One Shiny Penny and one corroded penny. Image attached of some of the finds from April.
    ZEqRS0.jpg

Music of the Day
    The Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy Acapella by Jesi and the Jessies
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPAMJOJCbdw

Have a Great End of the Workweek (Friday)
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2016
    Good evening;
    Irene-good luck at the dr. tomorrow.
    Vix-I did have a nap, but I still went to bed early. I hope you had good luck at the rheumatologist.
    Roger-Thank you for eating those cheesecake calories for me. :)
    After work I took the cats out in the yard for a little while. They were meowing at the door and driving me crazy.
    They both have harnesses and leashes, but want to go in different directions. Before we had the house sided we had a run that I would clip them to. I don't want to attach anything to the siding, so am still figuring out what to do.

Hi Joanne
    I guess You could drive poles into the ground to anchor a run between?

I was lucky that between the Chinese Lunch Special and the Cheesecake I was only up 1/4 pound over my low point on the scale. OTOH I did do more than the usual amount of steps yesterday, Today too FWIW. Today just due to where I needed to walk to being in opposite directions :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning,Vix good luck at the rheumatologist today I am sure once you tell him they are not working they will stop. Well kinda nervous about going to the drs hopefully what ever is wrong will show up on the mri of course on the other end is I hope it is something serous oh well my apt is 9 so at least I don't have to wait too long. Now if that cheese cake was in my house I would of eatin the whole thing well take care all

Hi Irene
    That same type of thing is why We froze most of the Cheesecake and are passing it on to friends. The Only two portions left in the freezer after this morning, he knows they are there and will pick them up for his wife and self next week. Getting rid of temptation is the easiest course, If it isn't in the house You can not eat it :)

Good Luck at the Doctors Today
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Good luck at the Doctor today, Irene!
    Jo, hope you feel rested today. :)
    Roger, I definitely would have had some of that cheesecake! Would be hard to part with it and not save some for another day. :blush:
    I am at least temporarily off medication. Did not get an infusion yesterday, and have an appt to go back in 2 months....I can go earlier if I feel really bad. So, that's kind of a relief for me. The Doc agreed that maybe I should try going off for a while.
    Going off red meat and alcohol for at least the next 21 days, and will try to find grass-fed, no hormone other meat, wild caught fish, and organic eggs.
    Looks like rain here.

Hi Vix
    Trying to save for another day does not work well for me either, that is why any snack type foods I buy in single serve portions, they may cost more that way, OTOH if it isn't there it can't be sitting there singing its siren song saying "Eat Me, Eat Me, Just a little extra can" hurt", Except that yes it can.

FWIW if You have ShopRite Grocery Stores in Your area they have a House Brand of Organic Meat that can often be found marked at 50% off as it gets older and since it is CryoVac packed it keeps really well too. Individual sized items of the meats too which is really handy.

Good News on the Infusion.

The Weather forecast from yesterday was rain today, this morning its arrival keeps being moved later and the amounts lowered.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Roger, I love the acapella music...thanks for the entertainment while I read. :smiley:
    I didn't think they had ShopRite stores in Maryland, but I did see an ad on TV. There are none near here, but I'll see if I can find one, else will find compatible food in the local stores. It is more pricey, but if it helps me to feel better, will be worth it. :)
    It's overcast here, supposed to be thunderstorms in the p.m.
    Back from zumba this morning, and the only other thing I want to do today is pick up some things at the grocery store.
    Yah....goodies tend to call my name too. That's why I'm better off keeping them out of the house too. :)
    Have a great day, everyone....Happy Friday! :)
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!
    Roger, I love the acapella music...thanks for the entertainment while I read. :smiley:
    I didn't think they had ShopRite stores in Maryland, but I did see an ad on TV. There are none near here, but I'll see if I can find one, else will find compatible food in the local stores. It is more pricey, but if it helps me to feel better, will be worth it. :)
    It's overcast here, supposed to be thunderstorms in the p.m.
    Back from zumba this morning, and the only other thing I want to do today is pick up some things at the grocery store.
    Yah....goodies tend to call my name too. That's why I'm better off keeping them out of the house too. :)
    Have a great day, everyone....Happy Friday! :)

Hi Vix
    FWIW there are a few others on the YouTube page, I can get to the page by right clicking and choosing open in a new tab.

You have been busy already :) My Days get up and go went when I got back home from my walk today. All I have left to do is shred some things and no rush on that.

Cheers
    Roger

P.S. I uploaded more Humorous pictures while You were posting