Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    It is snowing here now, just a light coating on the lawns, the streets are only wet. I don't think it will amount to much.
    Irene-I hope you feel better soon, get plenty of rest.
    Vix-Are you just tired of the gym or of the classes you are taking?
    Roger-you are a trooper, walking in all kinds of weather.
    I got out of work an hour earlier today and tomorrow I will go in an hour later, to get rid of my overtime. Tomorrow I have to work until 8pm. I hope I can stay awake. :)
    Have a good evening and a great weekend.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Hi all....I'm just being a brat....tired of going to the gym. The classes are fine. I had to update my credit card there, and while talking to the young man, he said he could lower the cost. Signed up for another year at about $30/month less for the 2 of us. That was good. We know that if we don't go to the gym, we wouldn't exercise as much.
    Roger, the roads here were fine....all the snow is gone now. :)
    Jo, glad you're getting to use some of your overtime. I never liked working evenings either. I normally would hit a slump at about 3:00 and would have to get a second wind.
    I went to Baltimore with my friend this afternoon....we were checking out another possible venue for her daughter's wedding....it was really nice, right across the street from the Inner Harbor, great for out of town guests. And then we stopped off and picked up some clay for our clay co-op. Pretty productive day. :)
    Nothing planned for the weekend yet.
    Have a great evening, everyone, and a happy weekend! :)
  • eku0
    5daf8d95d5369ef4dd335e02b95807cc.jpg
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning all, feeling better today not sure what I had but glad it is gone it felt like the flu all I did was take it easy this is so unlike me I never get sick I am thinking it has a lot to do with the stress from work. Well my plans for today will be go to the bank and do some food shopping since I didn't do it yesterday then just go to church tonight I did get Annie to go for a walk this morning we did almost 6000 steps of course we hit all the alleys , this dog loves her alleys not sure why but it is all good I do want to thank you all for all the good wishes well gotta go take care all
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I got out walking a smidgen Late (technical term for the duration). My Goal was to be out the door at 7:45 AM and I did was not headed out the door until 7:46 :)
    My First Stop was 7 Eleven for Coffee, then on my way with a pass by the bank when it opened at 9 AM, I got there a smidgen early too at 8:58. I ended up with 8.5K steps when I got home. The Temperature was 5 degrees cooler than yesterday for the same time, It warmed up nicely towards the end of the walk. I finished off the Playlist of episodes of the Shadow OTR broadcasts for the 40s. Interesting advertising I heard was for the US Coast Guard, It started out with a Submarine planning an attack on US Shipping and getting sunk by the Coast Guard, then went into Join the Coast Guard :) Also A Commercial for Blue Coal and Scheduling deliveries at the start of the heating season to to allow the dealer to optimize deliveries to minimize fuel use and tire wear. As well as tips on conserving coal.

According to tracking my NS Gift cards are in Bridgeport, NJ. I am guessing that means no way will they be delivered until Monday at the earliest :)

Have a great Weekend
    Roger

P.S. Just for fun, Fill in the Blank: "The Weed of crime bears bitter fruit, the ______ knows"
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    It is snowing here now, just a light coating on the lawns, the streets are only wet. I don't think it will amount to much.
    Irene-I hope you feel better soon, get plenty of rest.
    Vix-Are you just tired of the gym or of the classes you are taking?
    Roger-you are a trooper, walking in all kinds of weather.
    I got out of work an hour earlier today and tomorrow I will go in an hour later, to get rid of my overtime. Tomorrow I have to work until 8pm. I hope I can stay awake. :)
    Have a good evening and a great weekend.

Hi Joanne
    There are only a few scattered remnants of Fridays snow when I was walking and they are all where the sun never hits the ground, everywhere else it was long gone.

I like to get out early and have the rest of my day free :) That is the only reason.

Overtime, My last job I worked 5 Nine Hour days and a 8 hour Saturday with only Sunday off. I did that for too many years, over 10 or 12 years TBH.

Have a Nice Saturday
    Roger
    good morning all, feeling better today not sure what I had but glad it is gone it felt like the flu all I did was take it easy this is so unlike me I never get sick I am thinking it has a lot to do with the stress from work. Well my plans for today will be go to the bank and do some food shopping since I didn't do it yesterday then just go to church tonight I did get Annie to go for a walk this morning we did almost 6000 steps of course we hit all the alleys , this dog loves her alleys not sure why but it is all good I do want to thank you all for all the good wishes well gotta go take care all

Hi Irene
    In the smaller towns by me there are no Alleys :)

I am glad to hear You are better, BTW if You get the ShopRite Circular and are interested they have a coupon good Wednesday to Saturday for Corned Beef at $1.88 a pound. No Coupon on sale at $2.88 down from $3.99 a pound for a coupon saving of $2.11.

Congratulations on getting back out walking.
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all....I'm just being a brat....tired of going to the gym. The classes are fine. I had to update my credit card there, and while talking to the young man, he said he could lower the cost. Signed up for another year at about $30/month less for the 2 of us. That was good. We know that if we don't go to the gym, we wouldn't exercise as much.
    Roger, the roads here were fine....all the snow is gone now. :)
    Jo, glad you're getting to use some of your overtime. I never liked working evenings either. I normally would hit a slump at about 3:00 and would have to get a second wind.
    I went to Baltimore with my friend this afternoon....we were checking out another possible venue for her daughter's wedding....it was really nice, right across the street from the Inner Harbor, great for out of town guests. And then we stopped off and picked up some clay for our clay co-op. Pretty productive day. :)
    Nothing planned for the weekend yet.
    Have a great evening, everyone, and a happy weekend! :)

Hi Vix
    Good News regarding the roads. The farther south in NJ got up to 4 inches of snow.

When It starts being tiring rather than fun is when it becomes a hard to get started on chore :)

I get my second wind, such as it is after I get my coffee while walking. Then in the afternoon I sometimes start feeling tired. If that happens I try and get a Power nap, if nothing else I lay there in the darkness for a an hour or more and that helps too.

I guess finding the right venue is not that easy, then You need to check online reviews to be sure before signing the contract and placing what is most likely a non-refundable deposit.

I had my brother pick up some Quaker Quick oatmeal for me, I ended up with to type that each have three flavors, A Reduced Sugar and a Weight Control line. 50 to 60 calories less per packet for the reduced sugar ones. I tried one yesterday and it tasted OK. That lower calories leaves me room for a small serving of fruit too.

Have a Good Saturday
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Hi everyone,
    I just got home from work, boy am I tired. I will catch up with you all tomorrow.
    Good night. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, just got back from our walk went our regular walk so I got my steps in so far today I got in 8100 steps I should get my 10 in no problem.Roger I have had that oatmeal it is pretty good but I perfer ns well not sure what we plan on doing today but take care and talk to you later
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Glad you're feeling better and back to your regular walks, Irene.
    It looks like a bright sunshiny day here. Up to 48F here later.
    Jo, hope you have today off to catch up on some rest.
    Roger, looks like a great week for morning walks coming up! It's going to be warm and mostly clear. :)
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-I worked this morning for 4 hours. I made a decision to take Sunday's off for the foreseeable future.
    Irene- good job on getting your steps in. I have 7,100 so far today. I am going to the mall later, so I should get my 10,000 in.
    Roger-I got my new shipment of frozen yesterday and my shelf stable should be here on Tues. The frozen sure does take up a lot of freezer room.
    Have a great day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I went out walking once again, Currently after coming home and then going shopping at the Acme I am at 9266 steps. It was a little cold out, According to the weather forecast I just saw She thinks we will not see any below freezing temperatures all week, Yea!

At the Acme I bought some Smart Ones Entrees and a Desert to try as they were on sale at 6 for $10 = $1.67 each, Then since I bought more than six the cashier pulled a coupon off of one for $2 off 7 Smart Ones which lowered the price even more :) Some of the Items looked pretty good to me so I hope They are OK. Pretty cheap. I think I may push back my NS order
    another week as when I was in the basement freezer it is nearly full already and the Kitchen Freezer section is pretty full too.

From this mornings news broadcast, Today is national Oreo Day :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Hi everyone,
    I just got home from work, boy am I tired. I will catch up with you all tomorrow.
    Good night. :)
    Good morning;
    Vix-I worked this morning for 4 hours. I made a decision to take Sunday's off for the foreseeable future.
    Irene- good job on getting your steps in. I have 7,100 so far today. I am going to the mall later, so I should get my 10,000 in.
    Roger-I got my new shipment of frozen yesterday and my shelf stable should be here on Tues. The frozen sure does take up a lot of freezer room.
    Have a great day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I agree that the Dinners especially take up a lot of freezer space. I ended up buying a smallish freezer for the basement. We had one that had gone bad a couple of years earlier and I was sort of missing it so I bought another one. This one is a chest type and the old one was a front door type and not nearly as energy efficient too.

I do not blame You for taking Sundays off.

Good Luck getting well rested for the upcoming week
    Roger
    good morning, just got back from our walk went our regular walk so I got my steps in so far today I got in 8100 steps I should get my 10 in no problem.Roger I have had that oatmeal it is pretty good but I prefer ns well not sure what we plan on doing today but take care and talk to you later

Hi Irene
    I Like the NS oatmeal too, however the Quaker is inexpensive and I would rather get the NS Frozen breakfasts when I can buy the Quaker locally.

Congratulations on getting Your steps in
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Glad you're feeling better and back to your regular walks, Irene.
    It looks like a bright sunshiny day here. Up to 48F here later.
    Jo, hope you have today off to catch up on some rest.
    Roger, looks like a great week for morning walks coming up! It's going to be warm and mostly clear. :)
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    If I said the temperatures for the upcoming week look really good. However I also saw rain in the forecast. If it gets too warm I do not like walking in rain gear and it is hard to hold my walking stick, Coffee and a Umbrella, I seem to be short a hand to do all those :)

Have a Really Good Sunday Too
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Jo I think that is an awesome idea for you to take Sundays off I love having the weekends off. Well I put on a couple of pounds so now it is time to take them off not sure if it was from all the stress from work or not walking when I got sick but maybe both so now that I am feeling better I will be walking more and hopefully they will come off as far as my job who knows they have fired so many people well need to go to work take care. Vix we are suppose to get in the 70s on Wednesday
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Irene-wishing you a less stressful day at work.
    I am going to the dentist this morning to get my teeth cleaned. Then I have to go to Kohl's to return something and
    and get a replacement pocketbook that I was charged for and was not in my bag when I got home. Then to the cleaners to have 2 pairs of pants hemmed. I think pants are being made longer to accommodate the very high heels that are in fashion now. I have a full morning and nothing planned for the afternoon.
    Have a great day. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Irene, I think it's supposed to be 70 here tomorrow! Agree with Jo...hope your day is less stressful.
    Jo, I always love it when I get my teeth cleaned, so fresh. :) Sounds like a lot of running around. I know about the pants! I even had to shorten or wear heels with some of the short length ones!
    Roger...supposed to go up to 62 here today. Yay!
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    We are headed into a warmer weather, Hooray. I was slightly under dressed when I started walking, however it was tolerable and as I had suspected it warmed up. There was frost on the Car when I started out. It is forecast to be in the upper 50s later on today :) 8.9k steps so far today.

Have a Great Upcoming Week
    Roger
    good morning, Jo I think that is an awesome idea for you to take Sundays off I love having the weekends off. Well I put on a couple of pounds so now it is time to take them off not sure if it was from all the stress from work or not walking when I got sick but maybe both so now that I am feeling better I will be walking more and hopefully they will come off as far as my job who knows they have fired so many people well need to go to work take care. Vix we are suppose to get in the 70s on Wednesday

Hi Irene
    Great Weather for the next few days around here.

I am only guessing when I say that I believe that walking like I am doing is allowing me to continue to lose weight while at the same time not needing to drop my caloric intake. I am still eating on the same NS plan & Calorie count as when I started with them. In Your case I suspect it could easily be due to not walking.

Good Luck at Work
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Irene-wishing you a less stressful day at work.
    I am going to the dentist this morning to get my teeth cleaned. Then I have to go to Kohl's to return something and
    and get a replacement pocketbook that I was charged for and was not in my bag when I got home. Then to the cleaners to have 2 pairs of pants hemmed. I think pants are being made longer to accommodate the very high heels that are in fashion now. I have a full morning and nothing planned for the afternoon.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Joanne
    I can not remember the last time I turned something for myself. I did exchange some cans of Tuna for my brother when he grabbed Oil pack instead of water pack.

You could be right on the length, OTOH I have to have everything shortened as they do not seem to sell them in the leg length I want.

Having my teeth cleaned is not something I look forward to doing. Good Luck with that.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Irene, I think it's supposed to be 70 here tomorrow! Agree with Jo...hope your day is less stressful.
    Jo, I always love it when I get my teeth cleaned, so fresh. :) Sounds like a lot of running around. I know about the pants! I even had to shorten or wear heels with some of the short length ones!
    Roger...supposed to go up to 62 here today. Yay!
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    You are warmer than I today, no surprise being that I am farther north :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, feels good to be back on plan,I have been eating right and of course I am back to walking again. As far as my job it is just a matter of time it seems everyday I go in some one else has gotten fired it is the waiting around because you know it is coming just not sure when. Loving the weather it was almost 50 this morning but I don't want it too warm because it gets really hot at work well hope everyone has a nice day
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Stay cool, Irene. Glad you're back on track and feeling better. :)
    It's supposed to get to 72F here today and mid 70s next 2 days, then going to mid 60s next few days after that. Sounds good to me. :)
    Clay co-op today. My friend is driving because the 100 pounds of clay we picked up for the class is in her minivan. This way we can just put the boxes on a cart when we get there.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Happy-International-Womens-Day.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was listening to a mixed bag of music from Tennessee Ernie Ford doing "Peace In The Valley" and others to Movie & TV Theme music. 9+K steps today and I am done for since I stopped at the Local Supermarket for Lettuce, Cabbage and bread, I ended Up with Pepperidge Farm Light Style 7 grain bread at 45 calories a slice. I plan on using it with two of the remaining 4 Hickory Smoke beef Patties from NS, I can tolerate them if I boil the heck out of them to heat them and a dollop of Ketchup, not Microwave them. I have had four of them in the freezer as well as two of the NS Chicken patty dinner servings for a couple of years. Those will get heated with a touch of BBQ sauce and shredded onto the bread. Both of those will serve as a PF + SC that way. I'm not worried about their age as they are a Shelf Stable food that I froze to extend their life.

The Gift cards I ordered from CostCo the first day of the sale arrived in Monday's mail delivery.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
    good morning, feels good to be back on plan,I have been eating right and of course I am back to walking again. As far as my job it is just a matter of time it seems everyday I go in some one else has gotten fired it is the waiting around because you know it is coming just not sure when. Loving the weather it was almost 50 this morning but I don't want it too warm because it gets really hot at work well hope everyone has a nice day

Hi Irene
    I lived with that uncertainty for a couple of years as I could see the handwriting on the wall where I was working. As I was the only one left working and I was only there working to reduce the loss from breaking the lease by at least earning some income for that location. I Adjusted fairly quickly once I was old enough that I was at the point where I could collect unemployment until Social Security could be collected. That went on for over 3 years. I used that time to pay my credit cards off and save some money.

I ended up with an attitude just like the old saying "Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)"

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Stay cool, Irene. Glad you're back on track and feeling better. :)
    It's supposed to get to 72F here today and mid 70s next 2 days, then going to mid 60s next few days after that. Sounds good to me. :)
    Clay co-op today. My friend is driving because the 100 pounds of clay we picked up for the class is in her minivan. This way we can just put the boxes on a cart when we get there.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It was beautiful weather outside this morning. I ended up overdressed towards the end of my walk :)

It does not feel like early march does it?

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    It is 60 degrees here.
    Irene-Glad you are feeling better and are getting back on track.
    Roger-Do you remember Mitch Miller? We use to have a record called "Sing along with Mitch". It came with all the words to the songs. I few that I remember are Down in the Valley and Oh where have you been Billy boy.
    Vix-That sounds like a lot of clay. I hope you got some help bringing it inside.
    We had a sick call at work today, so I was all by myself doing cut fruit. I am ready for a nap.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    What a gorgeous day it turned out to be...got up to about 74 and the sun is shining. :)
    Sorry you had to work all alone today, Jo....you deserve a nice nap. :)
    Roger, no, it doesn't feel like early March, but it's sooooooo nice. :)
    I know that it sounds like a lot of clay, but clay is very heavy. It's 4 pieces about 6"x6"x12" each. I put them on a cart and brought them in that way. I'm pretty sure I'm the strongest one in the group, so I do most of the lifting type things that have to be done. I also usually load and unload the kiln, the shelves in it are a little hefty for most of the other ladies.