Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I went back out for a short walk yesterday afternoon to pick up something at one of the dollar stores that I had forgotten to get at the Acme. 14.5K total steps.
    Today is slightly cooler but OK + 1corroded penny. 8.5k steps so far including another drive to the Acme. They had water on sale with a limit of two. I also picked up a organic Gummi Worms today and a organic Gummi Bears yesterday as they were free. They will will be dropped off somewhere as the price was right. I also picked up some Michelinas entrees at 4 for $5, and some Lean Cuisine whose statistics looked OK. They were 5 for $10 for some and $2.49 for others of a upscale Lean Cuisine. The Macaroni & Beef I had for dinner last night was tasty too, so I picked up a couple more today as well as other flavors. The carbohydrates are a little high, OTOH looking at some Shelf Stable NS Entrees I see 30g to 37g so I can work them in by dropping one of the two Clementines I add as a SC :)

Classic Macaroni & Beef
    Calories 270
    Fat 5g
    Fiber 3g
    Protein 13g
    Sodium 530mg
    Carbohydrates 43g

With the Frozen Entrees I picked up I am back in balance on meals as it was dinners I was light on so I think I will delay my order further.

Probably CostCo for Frozen vegetables & Paper goods later this week or early next week.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Vix-enjoy your visit with your son. :)
    Roger-have you frozen the lunch bars before? If so, did they freeze well?
    It is sunny and 55 right now. I am so enjoy this weather.
    Today is grocery shopping, laundry and a few errands.
    Happy Sunday! :)
    Good morning;
    A nice sunny day.
    I am off today and have no plans as of yet.
    I am doing another blood glucose curve on Vinny, his sugar is out of control again. At one point he was only getting 1/2 unit of insulin, now we are up to 2 units and it is still very high.
    Hi Irene and Roger.
    Have a good day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I have frozen most of the NS foods with no problem. NS says not to do it to the Shelf Stable Entrees as they could pop the seal, I have not seen that and considering that I pull them out of the freezer and defrost them for use later that same day I do not worry about it. The Baked Goods freeze really well, the Lunch and Dinner cups I do not bother with and I do not freeze the plastic cups of food with the pull tab tops.

I am sorry to hear about Vinnie's Sugar problems. Do they make Diabetic foods for pets?

Enjoy the Day Off & Good Luck with Vinny
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    It's already started raining here, a light steady rain.
    Enjoy the sunshine. :)
    Good morning!
    It was fun having my son and his GF over for dinner last night. I really miss them when I don't see them for a few weeks.
    Mostly sunny and up to 50 today....that seems pretty nice.
    Off to yoga in a few.
    Have a great day! :)
    Aw, sorry about Vinny, Jo. Enjoy the rest of your day off.
    I have no plans for the rest of the day, but do need a few things over at Walmart, so will probably stop by there. It's really nice out, so a good day to get outside.
    Enjoy. :)

Hi Vix
    It started to Rain lightly as I was heading back home from the dollar store yesterday, I did not bother with the Umbrella as it was scattered drops only at that point.

Today's weather is OK to. I was off to the Acme in just a Pocket T Shirt. heavy rain in the forecast for mid week :(

Enjoy Your Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    hi guys I came down with a cold all I have been doing is sleeping I didn't even bother to go to work nyquil and I have been hanging out I get really bad headaches well take care sorry to hear about Vinny
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Aw, hope you're feeling better, Irene. Get lots of fluids.
    Hi Roger! We had a lot of rain yesterday, but today is beautiful and sunny and in the high 40s, comfortable. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Rainy day in MD. I'm going to do my PT exercises and then get ready to go to clay co-op.
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,not feeling any better I go for my knee shot today and going to see if I can get in to see my Dr today for my cold really bad headaches I am sure it is from all the stress from work. I have not been walking for a couple of days now pretty much just sleeping well hope you all enjoy your day
  • eku0
    Aw, hope you get in to see the doc for your cold and headache, Irene. Glad you get your knee taken care of today. Good that you're catching up on some sleep. Feel better!
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I just tried a lean Cuisine Baked Chicken Dinner, further information in the Food Reviews section shortly, here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews

I walked 8.2K Steps and one badly corroded penny. The Penny was found when I walked down the sidewalk on the opposite side of the street from the one I usually walk on :)

Light Rain already, It started less than an hour after my walk, so I got that in before the rain.
    I also swung past the Produce Store and picked up Bananas, a decent size 99 cent Strawberries, three Nectarines and three Pears all to be used as SCs. The Lettuce was small and light in weight so I passed it by as at 89 cents it still was no bargain. I would rather pay more an get a good quality and size head of Lettuce.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
    hi guys I came down with a cold all I have been doing is sleeping I didn't even bother to go to work nyquil and I have been hanging out I get really bad headaches well take care sorry to hear about Vinny
    good morning,not feeling any better I go for my knee shot today and going to see if I can get in to see my Dr today for my cold really bad headaches I am sure it is from all the stress from work. I have not been walking for a couple of days now pretty much just sleeping well hope you all enjoy your day

Hi Irene
    I am sorry to hear that You are under the weather, Good Luck getting better quickly.

Hopefully the shot will take effect quickly.

Good Luck at the Doctors, Different Doctors for the shot and the other?
    Roger
    Aw, hope you're feeling better, Irene. Get lots of fluids.
    Hi Roger! We had a lot of rain yesterday, but today is beautiful and sunny and in the high 40s, comfortable. :)
    Good morning.
    Rainy day in MD. I'm going to do my PT exercises and then get ready to go to clay co-op.
    Have a great day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    Yup, Monday was good and today has already turned rainy, Now if I get lucky and the snow/icing line stays north and away I may even be able to get out walking tomorrow :)

Enjoy Your busy day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I am sorry you are not feeling well,sending you healing vibes.
    Vix-it is cloudy here now and later we are supposed to get some snow, then tomorrow an icy mix. The ride to work tomorrow should be fun.
    Roger-That is cheap for lettuce. We sell it for 1.99 a head. Good deal on the strawberries.
    Have a pleasant afternoon. :)
  • eku0
    It was cold and rainy here all day...I'm glad it wasn't snow or ice. Stay safe on your drive to work tomorrow , Jo.
    Roger, I guess the rain got here earlier. Good that you got your walk in. :smile:
    Glad I don't have to go anywhere else today.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well I had to cancel my dr apt the one for my cold the dr that was doing my shot was 45 minutes late so that put everything behind . I am going to go to work not feeling all that great but plan on seeing how it goes if I get feeling bad I will just come home plan on going and talking to hr wish me luck but the way I am being treated not sure if I would want to stay any way well take care
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Irene, hope you can reschedule that Dr. appt soon. Sorry you aren't feeling well. And really sorry your job has gotten so bad. Do what's best for you. Hope you feel better soon.
    Another gray and rainy day here. Off to the gym, and the house cleaners are coming this morning. :)
    Wishing you all a good day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I decided to go walking this morning, when I got up the local Cable news channel showed a break in the weather and it looked OK, Just wet outside so I togged up in a complete head to toe Frogg Toggs and went walking. When I left the house it was just a fine mist, intermittent slightly heavier rain but not to bad actually. I covered my normal distance 7-Eleven Coffee powered :)

The weather forecast is for heavier rain later on into early Thursday, Since I have two more days of frozen vegetables on hand I have decided to CostCo it on Friday. Friday will be Frozen vegetables and paper goods day from there.

I will be adding a mini review of The Lean Cuisine Comfort line Pot Roast to the NS food reviews section, link to that section is: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I am sorry you are not feeling well,sending you healing vibes.
    Vix-it is cloudy here now and later we are supposed to get some snow, then tomorrow an icy mix. The ride to work tomorrow should be fun.
    Roger-That is cheap for lettuce. We sell it for 1.99 a head. Good deal on the strawberries.
    Have a pleasant afternoon. :)

Hi Joanne
    I thought those prices were good, especially on the Florida Strawberries, Quite often lately I have seen lettuce at 99 cents a head. I think now that the California drought seems to be over it has helped prices.

Good Luck with the weather, the wintry mix stayed North of us fortunately.
    Roger
    good morning, well I had to cancel my dr apt the one for my cold the dr that was doing my shot was 45 minutes late so that put everything behind . I am going to go to work not feeling all that great but plan on seeing how it goes if I get feeling bad I will just come home plan on going and talking to hr wish me luck but the way I am being treated not sure if I would want to stay any way well take care

Hi Irene
    I hope You are feeling better soon.

It seems to me that doctors are worst for keeping an appointment.

Good Luck with HR
    Roger
    It was cold and rainy here all day...I'm glad it wasn't snow or ice. Stay safe on your drive to work tomorrow , Jo.
    Roger, I guess the rain got here earlier. Good that you got your walk in. :smile:
    Glad I don't have to go anywhere else today.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
    Good morning.
    Irene, hope you can reschedule that Dr. appt soon. Sorry you aren't feeling well. And really sorry your job has gotten so bad. Do what's best for you. Hope you feel better soon.
    Another gray and rainy day here. Off to the gym, and the house cleaners are coming this morning. :)
    Wishing you all a good day. :)

Hi Vix
    Stay Dry, You can see how my day is going so far. Currently a moderate rain is falling so I'm glad I got earlier.

I wish I could bring my elf to bring in a cleaning service rather than being the cleaning service :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Interesting article linked here
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12170702/Eat-in-the-dark-to-lose-weight-say-scientists.html
    Eat in the dark to lose weight, say scientists
    Volunteers ate nearly 10 per cent less ice-cream when blindfolded, and believed they had eaten far more.

An experiment by the University of Konstanz, in Germany, found that people who were blindfolded consumed nine per cent fewer calories before they felt full, compared to those who could see.

“This may provide an unobtrusive and naturalistic means to change the experience of eating behaviour."
    Dr Britter Renner, University of Konstanz

They also vastly overestimated how much they had eaten because they could not see how much was left on the plate. Blindfolded volunteers estimated they had eaten 88 per cent more than they actually had.

More in the article

A interesting read. For some people this may be all they need to lose weight :)

Have a Nice Day
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Irene-I hope you had some luck talking to HR.
    Roger-I think I will invest in a blindfold. :p
    Vix-enjoy you clean house.
    I went to have my hair colored after work today. I was a day early, my appt. wasn't until tomorrow. :o Luckily my hairdresser had an opening and I only had to wait 30 min. Yes, I am blonde. :)
    We only got rain, so the commute to work was a breeze.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, didn't walk today still not feeling all that great but today is my friday.I did stop off and talked to hr they put in an appeal for me I will be talking to the general manager but it probably won't mean anything but at least I tried. Jo I have done that before at least you got your hair done . My ns has shipped so I should get it either today or tomorrow
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Irene, hope you start feeling better. Glad you get 3 day weekends. :)
    Jo, glad you didn't have to travel in freeze! Yay for getting your hair done....that's always a pick-me-up. :)
    Roger...I should invest in a blindfold too...not only for eating, but for sleeping! Interesting article, thanks. :)
    Painting class today, and my infusion. Looks like a break in the rain for now.
    Have a great day, everyone. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    The Weather cleared up overnight, No More rain, Lightening or Thunder. Still some gusty wind, but warm in the 50s so I did go walking and Buy more Florida Strawberries @$0.99 for a one pound box and a head of 79 cent Lettuce as I neared the end of my walk by the Produce Store. On the One road i walked on that crosses a small brook it was swollen and spread out all over and the road was closed where it was flooded. Some parts of NJ had up to 3 inches of rain and Wind gusts over 50MPH.

I'll be updating the Food Reviews with a Mini Review of the Lean Cuisine Comfort Line Chicken Marsala & Risotto @210 calories in the food review section here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
    Good evening;
    Irene-I hope you had some luck talking to HR.
    Roger-I think I will invest in a blindfold. :p
    Vix-enjoy you clean house.
    I went to have my hair colored after work today. I was a day early, my appt. wasn't until tomorrow. :o Luckily my hairdresser had an opening and I only had to wait 30 min. Yes, I am blonde. :)
    We only got rain, so the commute to work was a breeze.

Hi Joanne
    It sounds as if You lucked out at the hairdresser.

Commuting is bad enough in the rain, around here people seem to go brain dead on the roads when it rains or snows.

If I though I could eat with a blindfold I would try it it just for the heck of it :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning, didn't walk today still not feeling all that great but today is my friday.I did stop off and talked to hr they put in an appeal for me I will be talking to the general manager but it probably won't mean anything but at least I tried. Jo I have done that before at least you got your hair done . My ns has shipped so I should get it either today or tomorrow

Hi Irene
    Just curious, do You have any of the new items ordered in Your NS box to try?
    Probably better not to walk if You are still not back to 100% well.

Good Luck with the Appeal
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, hope you start feeling better. Glad you get 3 day weekends. :)
    Jo, glad you didn't have to travel in freeze! Yay for getting your hair done....that's always a pick-me-up. :)
    Roger...I should invest in a blindfold too...not only for eating, but for sleeping! Interesting article, thanks. :)
    Painting class today, and my infusion. Looks like a break in the rain for now.
    Have a great day, everyone. :smile:

Hi Vix
    I thought the article and conclusions reached in it were interesting too.

I do not think I could sleep wearing a sleep mask AKA blindfold, I wake up look at the clock and then fall back to sleep :)

The Rain seems to be done, although I did see a few stray spritzes on the living room window a little while ago.

A lot of loose debris blowing down the streets today and lots of little to smallish branches littering the sidewalks from the overnight wind when I was walking.

I'll be heading to my brothers computer shortly to clone his Boot Drive with Windows 7 to another larger drive and then swapping them. That will give him a backup and more space. Both the old C: 160Gb and the new C: 500Gb are SSD drives for speed. There are also regular hard drives for data storage.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Lots of rain, thunder and lightening early this morning. By the time I left for work it was only misting and the temp was 60.
    Roger-I think if I tried to eat with a blindfold on, I would end up with food all down the front of me or stab myself with a fork. :)
    Irene-Take it easy for the next few day and hopefully by Monday you will feel better.
    Vix-What are you painting this time? How long does it take to get the infusion?
    I just customized my next order and removed some of the things I didn't like in my first frozen order.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,came home early yesterday my knee was hurting we were standing around for 2 hours on my knee started to really hurt so between my knee and my cold I decided to call it a day I did get a positive feed back on quality so that was nice . I am suppose to go to lunch with a good friend I did warn her of my cold didn't have the heart to cancel on her, it seems every time we plan I have to cancel. I plan on having salmon since we are in lent no meat for me. Well hope everyone has a nice friday
  • IreneMurman
    oh for my ns order they don't have any new stuff except for snacks I will let you know how they are