Me 2
    Gremlins 1
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Oct 1 & 2

Me: 2
    Gremlins: 0

I'm on a hot streak right now. Great focus and hitting all the marks! Even went out for a steak dinner and a movie last night. Pre-logged and stayed right on track.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Good job, BRaye! I avoid the snack bar at the movies. I bring a small bag of SmartFood cheddar popcorn and a bottle of water, carried in my doctor's bag sized pocketbook, and watch my movie. Saves both money and calories.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Oct 3

Me 2
    Gremlins 1

Under goal. The main thing.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    October 4

Me 3
    Gremlins 0

Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Oct 3 & 4

Me: 4

I'm determined to take out these last 20 pounds before the end of the year, so those gremlins are in for a battle!
  • BRaye325
    Options
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Oct 3 & 4

I'm determined to take out these last 20 pounds before the end of the year, so those gremlins are in for a battle!

Me too. I've been up and down the same 5 %^&* pounds for two months. Drastic steps are in progress. I intend to hit 170.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Oct 3 & 4

Me too. I've been up and down the same 5 %^&* pounds for two months. Drastic steps are in progress. I intend to hit 170.

Glad I am not the only one. I am going crazy with it. That scale better move in the right direction this week...
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    October 5

Me 3
    Gremlins 0

Take that, punky gremlins.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Take that, punky gremlins.

Way to go Nikki!

Oct 5

Me: 5
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    You got them slippery rat finks on the run, BRaye.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Oct 6

Me 2
    Gremlins 1

Over by 80. Shoulda skipped that snack. But I was hungry. C'est la vie.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My goals for tomorrow:
    1. Come home from work and have a cup of coffee before cooking dinner.
    2. If I'm starving, have some blueberries
    (trying to fight the I'm starving at the end of the day gremlins!)
  • BRaye325
    edited October 2015
    Options
    swim777 wrote: »
    (trying to fight the I'm starving at the end of the day gremlins!)

Yes, try are sly little ba stards!

Oct 6

Me: 6
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Oct 7&8

Me 5
    Gremlins 1

Nuisances.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Oct 8

Me: 8
  • BRaye325
    Options
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    October 9

Me 2
    Gremlins 1

Had an interesting day. Started a new part time freelance sort of job helping a woman with a 'too big now for her house' start getting ready to downsize. I spent 3.5 hours with her, running up and down four flights of stairs and generally walking and standing. If I sat for 10 minutes that would have been a lot. Apparently you can burn quite a few calories just standing. This is going to be lucrative financially and add more incidental movement into my life.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,123 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    October 9

Me 2
    Gremlins 1

Had an interesting day. Started a new part time freelance sort of job helping a woman with a 'too big now for her house' start getting ready to downsize. I spent 3.5 hours with her, running up and down four flights of stairs and generally walking and standing. If I sat for 10 minutes that would have been a lot. Apparently you can burn quite a few calories just standing. This is going to be lucrative financially and add more incidental movement into my life.
    Sounds like an interesting job. It's amazing the niche jobs folks can create for themselves.

I ran into someone recently who coordinates household maintenance for seniors. He doesn't do the work himself, rather he has a group of trusted contractors who specialize. When he gets a call from a client reporting an issue or concern, he looks for himself, gets a number of estimates, discusses budget, etc. The senior is the one who makes the final decisions with his assistance/explanations, etc... As our population is aging and folks want to remain independent as long as they can, a niche job like this really helps them to do so.

I'm not a senior but I was having my roof re-shingled. I got the estimates myself etc. The roofer I selected was one of this guy's group of contractors. The maintenance dude loaned his construction trailer to my roofer to haul away the old shingles and stuff. Since my driveway is very narrow, I helped guide him in and we talked for a few minutes.