What do we want to acheive today?

Options

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Eating salad. Boasting about having lost 6 lbs.

Continuing to spin three days a week, and taking a weights class on the other 3.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 6 pounds! I apologize for what ever that gobbledygook was. I started typing and that showed up and it wouldn't let me erase or delete it. Weird.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    @marekdds....I was wondering if you had learned a new language!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    chamblisk wrote: »
    @marekdds....I was wondering if you had learned a new language!

LOL, I was wondering the same thing.

Today, I'm going to get through the same workout my trainer gave me on Wed even though my arms and shoulders are still a little sore..... :/

Fridays are just like Saturdays here now since I convinced my husband we needed to go to a 4 day work week and so we're enjoying the extra time to do things together, besides work, and will be going out this afternoon for a movie and then dinner.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Went fishing with my grandson. The black flays got more bites than we did, but had a great time anyway.
    ef17g2rcvaqj.jpeg
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,130 Member
    Options
    For those who are not aware, the black flies in Canada are persistent and nasty... bad enough that we write songs about them... I kid you not!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjLBXb1kgMo

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yuck to the black flies. Grandson looks calm and focused. :) My Mom taught us how to fish because
    my father was out with the navy more than 50% of the time.
  • luluinca
    Options
    I live in Horsetown USA, seriously, so I know all about black flies. They're better now than they used to be though because all the dairies are gone and have been replaced with houses, apartments and condominiums. I wouldn't mind going back to the time before that though.

Today..........I'm getting myself to the gym and doing the workout my trainer gave me. I didn't get much sleep last night but hopefully the green tea and protein shake will kick in by the time I get there. :#
  • Farback
    Options
    Weights workout today.

Good news and bad news:

Bad - my Polar loop fitness band no longer fits due to the muscle I've added.
    Good - my Polar loop fitness band no longer fits due to the muscle I've added.
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    The Sunday teacher obviously doesn't want to be there. I took her class a bunch of times, gave her a really good try, then decided to cut my losses.

Just don't know if I should say something to her, that's all.

• Farback
    Options
    The Sunday teacher obviously doesn't want to be there. I took her class a bunch of times, gave her a really good try, then decided to cut my losses.

Just don't know if I should say something to her, that's all.

Call her a *kitten*
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    I'd like to tell her what I think, but what good will it do. Lots of people don't like their jobs, right?
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I'd like to tell her what I think, but what good will it do. Lots of people don't like their jobs, right?

If you feel her lack lustre performance negatively impacted your experience, perhaps you should let management know? Her personal circumstances might be to blame and hopefully management would be aware of such. If not, your report might provide the impetus for them to find out what's wrong.
  • luluinca
    Options
    So yesterday I didn't make it to the gym even though my intentions were so good. We've really been struggling here getting enough sleep and I had a small pool party yesterday and just couldn't do that and the gym.

Didn't sleep much better last night but I'm going to the gym this morning anyway. I just can't let myself slip into a place where I lose track of my goals and my health. Exercise has become a huge part of my life.

I did swim laps yesterday here to test out the shoulder and will probably do that again today while the pool is still warm. It won't stay warm until July when the nights start getting warmer. We have a really efficient heater but a big pool with a 9 ft deep end so we can't really justify keeping it heated until then. It was glorious swimming again though!
  • chamblisk
    Options
    Third BBQ of the weekend...this one at home with sons and girlfriends. Hopefully I will be able to remain within goal, or at least have time to get some miles in with the dogs to boost my calorie burn. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Holidays are always hard.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I've been lazy about checking in lately, but enjoyed catching up on everyone's goals, triumphs, failed plans for the first on the elliptical, etc!

For tomorrow, I want a whole day of real energy back. Got some kind of stomach bug with a bit of fever starting Saturday morning, and stupid me... thought a bike ride would be fine. First warm day ride this year, and me and many others out were seeking shade at some point. So of course on the way back, I've still got plenty of water, I slowed my pace some most of the way. No problem with a little push right?

So stupid. I pushed pace a bit for about 3 of that four miles, where there are no real slow downs. And felt like death soon after. Sucked down another liter plus of water on the few miles home at a slow pace after a break in the shade. Paid the price all day bad Saturday, some yesterday, and a little today. My energy level was somewhere around feeling like I just did an Ironman triathlon or something. Zapped.

I'm guessing that was a bike ride better skipped. But maybe it would have been just as bad without the ride.

So my goal for tomorrow is to feel mostly normal human. I'm setting the bar low so I clear it!
  • chamblisk
    Options
    Sometimes, I think we do push too hard, @robertw486! I wanted to mitigate the indulgences of the BBQ weekend so took the dogs for a long walk/jog yesterday evening. At least I waited until it had cooled a little. Felt pretty good to be out on the road and did more "run" than normal. Poor dogs had their tongues dragging! I did a PB of 8 miles in 2 hours, including the easy starting mile and SLOW ending mile...both uphill. (Funny how that works) Thought I would sleep well after that, but tossed and turned most of the night and the cold I thought was over seems to have come back with a vengence. Oh, well. Easy swim this morning and see how it goes tonight.
  • luluinca
    Options
    I agree that many of us push ourselves too hard sometimes.

I think part of the reason I do it is because I am getting older. I don't have as much time to make up for any backwards slipping I might do at this point.

I also know that a serious illness or injury could possibly knock me out for the duration. That's what's happening to my husband right now, he is literally physically unable to workout now. I don't know if this will last or not but it seems like his chances of recovering or getting back to where he was get slimmer every day.

It's difficult to watch and I'd like to enjoy the time I have working out while I can as it's become very important to me. Luckily he doesn't begrudge me the time I put into it.

I do think that when we have a cold, or other bug of some sort, it makes sense to slow down a little though.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    The eternal balancing act... working out hard enough to promote change vs injury or illness...