What do we want to acheive today?

Options

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'm just hoping to finish the workday off with a swim which is a great way to begin the 3 day weekend. Going to the gym tomorrow............for sure!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,090 Member
    Options
    Today is Canada Day in the great white north so my long weekend is already begun!!
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Today - I would like to drink 1.5 litres of water and achieve more than 6000 steps and of course eat healthy
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    We prefer the term 'rural inovative' rather than 'hillbilly'.

x5u9tbceijcg.jpeg
  • luluinca
    Options
    LOL Farback!

I finally made it to the gym this morning after a week of only swimming and walking. Boy did I enjoy it! I really missed it.............so weird! I never in a million years thought I would ever feel like that.

I even increased my DL by 5 lbs to 140...........not much but it's something anyway. It's still a far cry from my high of 185 lbs but if I can remain injury free the rest of the year maybe I'll get there again. I didn't feel any weaker from the week off which surprised me.
  • Farback
    Options
    Congrats on the dead lift. I'm at the firehall doing a workout. First in a week after the man-cold.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Thanks Farback, I still have 40 lbs to go to get back to my highest weight but I'm happy to be increasing it slowly. I'm so determined to remain injury free the rest of the year!

Swimming and the shoulder rehab are really doing wonders for my shoulder but the hip still has a few issues but it's getting better too!

Glad you're over your "man-cold".
  • UncleMac
    Options
    The access door to my garage decided it didn't want to close properly anymore. I tried adjusting the hinges (only two of them for a heavy wooden door) but no improvement. Given that the door appears to be of the same vintage as the garage (1962), I decided to replace the unit. Rather than being framed appropriately, the hinges were attached to a structural 2x4. The bottom sill was started to get splintered as well. So I visited the local hardware store and got what I needed. Then I tackled the job, removing all of the damaged wood back to the rough opening. So many nails!! I put the new door in, shimmed it up properly and then sprayed foam insulation in the gaps.

I hoped I could reuse the locking doorknob since I had it keyed to the same as the house. As luck would have it, the latch mechanism is too long. Before I abandon the concept, I will visit the locksmith and see if I can get a shorter one. Why is nothing ever easy?
  • luluinca
    Options
    @UncleMac, that sounds like quite a project.

I got my run/walk in my poochie this morning. Actually ran 2.75 miles of the 3.53 so I'm improving my running distance and stamina.

Today I'm going to begin tackling the warehouse. It's a giant mess so I need to get busy cleaning and organizing out there. Hubby generally keeps things pretty nice out there but for obvious reasons that has fallen by the wayside lately so I'm just going to suck it up and do it!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    @luluinca, I've been doing household renovations for fun since I bought my first place in 1990. The MacShanty needs a whole lotta TLC. The garage is a separate building but both the garage and the house were built in 1962.

The house has no structural issues but the garage's roof was a concern for me. We get significant snow in Ottawa and I'm not sure how the garage didn't collapse. So I added internal structure. Before and after pictures.

2015-05-18.jpg

2015-05-31.jpg
  • luluinca
    Options
    Nice. We're always working on things here as well. Our house was built in 1975 so it's a little newer but still.....we have a half acre with a pool and 2100 sq ft warehouse we had built in 2006. It's always something....:)

I try to help when I can with the construction projects and painting. One year hubby and I built a fire pit near the pool. Extended a gas line underground and built it with cinder block topped off with decorative fake rock. Fire ring and lava rocks on the inside. The first time my husband lit the thing I took the kids out into the front yard just in case it blew up. It's gone now, replaced by the warehouse but we did extend that gas line so we could have a second bbq out by the balcony off the warehouse. I love my backyard!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I had a firepit at the previous house in White Rock, BC but natural wood burning. A neighbour was getting rid of a bunch of concrete retaining wall brick as they were updating to newer style. I grabbed the lot and built the firepit as well as benches in a circle around the firepit. We called it Concretehenge.
  • Farback
    Options
    Wow. I'm amazed that initial roof didn't collapse.
  • Farback
    Options
    iactnqv4u6wk.jpeg

Born to be mild.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    Wow. I'm amazed that initial roof didn't collapse.

Those rafter supports were 2X4 and only four sets of them... How that lasted +50 years is beyond me.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @UncleMac - So now I know who to call for structural and door replacing work...excellent.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    @UncleMac - So now I know who to call for structural and door replacing work...excellent.
    I gots da skillz to pay da billz...
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Well, July 4th weekend is over. Back to work.

I thought I was getting an Abs class after our weights class this morning but the instructor is away for 2 weeks so it won't start until later this month.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Just want to get my strength back & then I can get back to the gym
  • luluinca
    Options
    @BBee5064, you will.........give it some time and eat enough to support your efforts, especially after being sick.

I was sick for a year with a bacterial infection that nearly killed me and still, once I started exercising and eating again I was able to rebound quicker than I thought I would.

Don't overdo it though.............and follow doctor's orders!